Football
Sponsored by

NFL Divisional Round games

3,276 Views | 55 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by FLBear5630
Jack Bauer
How long do you want to ignore this user?
This has been a great game...
whitetrash
Stupid play by ex-longhorn was stupid.
chriscbear
Worst time to push the QB down out of bounds. Gut wrenching for Cincinatti.
DancinBear09
That Ossai kid is on suicide watch. What a ****ing boneheaded play. Eagles vs Chiefs I guess, which sucks.
DancinBear09
Refs were so partisan it was disgusting.
Mitch Henessey
Longhorns gonna Longhorn.
Jack Bauer
Jack Bauer
Travis Kelce is obnoxious.

Don't care about the "Kelce Bowl"
Don't care about the "Andy Reid Bowl"
I'd rather eat glass than cheer for the Eagles.

Ready for March Madness after today.

We have to deal with these idiots for the next 2 weeks...

Aliceinbubbleland
DancinBear09 said:

Cincy allows 5 sacks, 12 TFLs, Joe throws 2 INTs (could have been 4) the late hit was as blatant as they come and the other QB was playing on one leg.

All refs are bad at their job. Every game has awful calls.

So dumb.
Aliceinbubbleland
I really like Kelce. Super competitive.
IowaBear
Those all factored but only a fool doesn't think those missed calls hurt the bengals. I mean for ****s sake the Bengals stopped the Chiefs on 3rd down and the refs gave them a do over. Never seen anything like that. On the long punt return at the end by the Chiefs the refs missed an obvious block n the back that Hellen Keller would have seen. The league wanted the Chiefs vs the Eagles and that's what they're getting.
Aliceinbubbleland
I just wanted the team that could beat the eagles to win the game. In close games like this one officiating usually decides how to nit pick. I'll give you there were game changing calls that were questionable but......the Bengals couldn't protect Joe which was stunning.

I think Philly will rip Chiefs if Mahomes is still gimpy.

FLBear5630
IowaBear said:

Those all factored but only a fool doesn't think those missed calls hurt the bengals. I mean for ****s sake the Bengals stopped the Chiefs on 3rd down and the refs gave them a do over. Never seen anything like that. On the long punt return at the end by the Chiefs the refs missed an obvious block n the back that Hellen Keller would have seen. The league wanted the Chiefs vs the Eagles and that's what they're getting.
Seemed the SF D couldn't make a play without being called for a penalty. When similar actions occurred for Philly, no call. Especially the hands to the face. The penalties were 2 to 1 against SF.
Jorkel
Let's go Birds!
DancinBear09
Aliceinbubbleland said:

DancinBear09 said:

Cincy allows 5 sacks, 12 TFLs, Joe throws 2 INTs (could have been 4) the late hit was as blatant as they come and the other QB was playing on one leg.

All refs are bad at their job. Every game has awful calls.

So dumb.

Yes, Cincy did a ton to lose the game as you described, but the refs were particularly bad in the last 5 minutes of the game to KC's benefit. The 3rd down re-do, the bs pass interference to keep a KC drive alive on 3rd down, the missed block in the back on the 30 yard punt return, etc. At the end of the day, Cincy's O-Line was terrible and they got 0 yards of offense in the 1st quarter. They didn't do enough to win, but I am going to point out bad ref bs when I see it.
Jack Bauer
Jack Bauer
The "do-over" play.

• It's 3rd and 9 for KC on their 34 yard line.
  • The game clock has stopped at 10:29 due to an incomplete pass. The play clock is running as it should
  • Sideline judge stops the play when game clock is at 10 seconds to move spot of ball up 1/2 yard.
  • Ball is moved up and play clock starts at 10 seconds, But GAME CLOCK starts running too (error) whch is what caued the play to shut down.
  • Mahomes throws complete pass but receiver is short and it would be 4th down.
  • BOTH teams line up for KC punt, 45 seconds later the ref says the play was "shut down"
  • Everyone is confused, Romo thinks it's 4th down and the Chiefs are going for it!
  • Video shows BackJudge stopped the play 25 yards from the line of scrimmage.

Mitch Henessey
The lead official clearly says that the play clock and game clock should start running on his signal. He screwed it up, and the officials shouldn't be allowed to scapegoat the clock operator for their incompetence.
DAC
Jack Bauer said:

Travis Kelce is obnoxious.

Don't care about the "Kelce Bowl"
Don't care about the "Andy Reid Bowl"
I'd rather eat glass than cheer for the Eagles.

Ready for March Madness after today.

We have to deal with these idiots for the next 2 weeks...

Kelce is a Beast
Nailer
RMF5630 said:

Seemed the SF D couldn't make a play without being called for a penalty. When similar actions occurred for Philly, no call. Especially the hands to the face. The penalties were 2 to 1 against SF.
Whining about the officiating won't change the fact the Eagle whipped the 49ers at the line of scrimmage, on both sides of the ball, the entire game. It was a physical beating, that had nothing to do with the officiating.
FLBear5630
Nailer said:

RMF5630 said:

Whining about the officiating won't change the fact the Eagle whipped the 49ers at the line of scrimmage, on both sides of the ball, the entire game. It was a physical beating, that had nothing to do with the officiating.

Disagree. The game got out of control after a while, but there were several key miscues by officials at times when fame was a contest. Namely the Incomplete pass Smith caught on 4th down. Sorry, in a sport where a penalty can be called onany play, when it is a 2 to 1 discrepancy something is wrong.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.