Football
Sponsored by

Georgia Player Car Crash

4,714 Views | 48 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Golden Helmet
cowboycwr
How long do you want to ignore this user?
So last week a Georgia player and STAFF member were killed in a car crash with another player and staff member injured and it has been reported they were leaving a strip club. Why is this not in the news more about how players are going with staff members to strip clubs? Yes it was two outgoing players possibly headed to the NFL but still why is no one talking about the player/staff issue and what is going on that female staff members are going to strip clubs with players????

This seems like it should be a bigger issue with much deeper issues that can be revealed. Or is it as simple as blue blood, national championship team so nothing to see here?
SoonerFrogs
were they leaving a strip club? was the young lady killed in the accident at the club, too? Or was she picking them up because the players had some drinks? Is there some sort of conspiracy to cover this up? Is it just regular young adult behavior that ended in tragedy?
cowboycwr
One news article said the 4 were at a strip club together and seen leaving together with a picture from a security camera showing them crossing the street outside the club. Sounds like they were there together, not just picking them up.
RegentCoverup
cowboycwr said:

So last week a Georgia player and STAFF member were killed in a car crash with another player and staff member injured and it has been reported they were leaving a strip club. Why is this not in the news more about how players are going with staff members to strip clubs? Yes it was two outgoing players possibly headed to the NFL but still why is no one talking about the player/staff issue and what is going on that female staff members are going to strip clubs with players????

This seems like it should be a bigger issue with much deeper issues that can be revealed. Or is it as simple as blue blood, national championship team so nothing to see here?
Are you suggesting that a conference of underperforming state schools that rely on a professional sports league for marketing and cash flow would lie about what happens in their programs if players and coaches were found visiting strip clubs, driving drunk and participating in a crime?

Those are pretty heady allegations, man. Be careful someone in the media doesn't ask what happened.
SoonerFrogs
Im just asking questions. Either kind of scenario wouldn't surprise me.
BearFan33
I'll just cut through it. Does the Univ of Georgia pay staff members to have relationships with players?

Harrison Bergeron
That staff probably took the players and their NIL money so they could buy the Champagne Room.
ScottS
They might have been at the club to witness to dancers.
Stefano DiMera
Not sure what you're getting at and what the bigger issue is you're hinting about?

A bunch of young kids.. including the staff members partied at a strip club and unfortunately probably someone or all had too much to drink..left the road..and we're killed..I understand they were in a rental 2021 Explorer but I don't see what the school has to do with this as it obviously wasn't school business they were doing.
Stefano DiMera
Your humor is slightly weird. I don't see the humor in people dying even if it's because of their own recklessness.
cowboycwr
Stefano DiMera said:

Not sure what you're getting at and what the bigger issue is you're hinting about?

A bunch of young kids.. including the staff members partied at a strip club and unfortunately probably someone or all had too much to drink..left the road..and we're killed..I understand they were in a rental 2021 Explorer but I don't see what the school has to do with this as it obviously wasn't school business they were doing.
STAFF members.

As in paid employees of the school were partying with students.

The staff members were not kids. They were grown adult employees of the school.

So you think it is ok for staff members, coaches, etc. to party with their players?

BellCountyBear
cowboycwr said:

Stefano DiMera said:

STAFF members.

So you think it is ok for staff members, coaches, etc. to party with their players?

Sure it is as long as said school brings the sports media in lots'o $$$. This is not hard to understand.
Chuckroast
cowboycwr said:

Stefano DiMera said:

STAFF members.

It's my understanding that the "staff member" was 24 years old and friends with the player. Not sure if there was a romantic interest or not. I wouldn't blow this tragic incident too out of context.
Golden Helmet
Well

Strip clubs aren't Illegal.

They were both consenting adults very close in age.

Their tragic deaths are awful enough without dog piling some feigned outrage over nothing to satisfy the always outraged and offended conspiracy team members.
Golden Helmet
OMG the horror….

cowboycwr
Chuckroast said:

cowboycwr said:

Stefano DiMera said:

STAFF members.

It's my understanding that the "staff member" was 24 years old and friends with the player. Not sure if there was a romantic interest or not. I wouldn't blow this tragic incident too out of context.
Then why was there outrage with Petrino? They were both consenting adults???

Stop pretending it was ok in this situation and not ok in another.

Staff should not be hanging out with players or in romantic relationships with them. No matter the age. (See Applewhite)
cowboycwr
Golden Helmet said:

Well

Their tragic deaths are awful enough without dog piling some feigned outrage over nothing to satisfy the always outraged and offended conspiracy team members.
So were the two adults in Petrino's case and yet that was a huge deal....
SoonerFrogs
newsflash...nobody gave a **** about that either. Just another media hit job on the head white man in charge.
Jorkel
Nobody cares
tallman1
First, I'm saddened by this unfortunate tragedy and condolences to their loved ones. Secondly, I'm not endorsing strip clubs and drinking and driving, but as far as hanging out…if they are friends and are the same age, what's the problem? A member of the staff is not the same as a coach in this instance. I say the staff/player friendship in a scenario like this is a non-story, Context matters. I don't think it's fair to just say staff and player without context. Is the staff a grad student, just graduated and was hired in some capacity, in which that capacity matters as well, trainer, tutor, equipment mgr, stat keeper…? Also, are you going beyond what you actually know and assuming an intimate relationship? How can this be compared to the Petrino case? What are the points of comparison?
HarryMehre
cowboycwr said:

Golden Helmet said:

Well

So were the two adults in Petrino's case and yet that was a huge deal....
There are several reasons that the Petrino deal was different.
(1) He hired the girl to a job that she wasn't qualified for.
(2) He was her direct supervisor.
(3) She was paid well above the normal salary for her job.
(4) Both Petrino and the girl were married. I believe that her husband also worked for the Hogs.

Not to mention that Petrino was a lot older than the girl.
Golden Helmet
Head coach vs low level support staffer

Grown married man, face of the program vs young adults most likely dating and enjoying their young lives

Have some perspective

Fig vs a Watermelon
longtimebear
Stefano DiMera said:

THIS!
cowboycwr
The vehicle was a university rented vehicle NOT for personal use.

But again I guess everyone doesn't care because it is blue blood and they don't care about staff hanging out with players, using vehicles for personal matters, and only staff/student relationships matter when it is the head coach.... unless that head coach is supposed to know what is going on at player parties....
SoonerFrogs
you are correct, nobody cares what consenting adults do
cowboycwr
SoonerFrogs said:

you are correct, nobody cares what consenting adults do
Glad to know you have a double standard.

Because if that were true then EVERY sex scandal that was between consenting adults would not have been a scandal simply because it was "consenting adults"
SoonerFrogs
lol what? its not a scandal. young adults were hanging out, doing young adult things. all legal. nobody cares.
cowboycwr
SoonerFrogs said:

lol what? its not a scandal. young adults were hanging out, doing young adult things. all legal. nobody cares.
With a school vehicle for recruiting purposes only. Staff and students/athletes. But I see you still miss the point
Chuckroast
cowboycwr said:

SoonerFrogs said:

With a school vehicle for recruiting purposes only. Staff and students/athletes. But I see you still miss the point

Still not sure what your point is. There's no recruiting involved here. It wasn't a car owned by the university. We don't know who rented it or for what purpose. What allegations are you making? Are you questioning whether the individuals were friends? Are they not allowed to be friends if one of them is employed by the university? Is there automatic impropriety if a football player is friends with a school employee?
cowboycwr
Chuckroast said:

cowboycwr said:

SoonerFrogs said:

Still not sure what your point is. There's no recruiting involved here. It wasn't a car owned by the university. We don't know who rented it or for what purpose. What allegations are you making? Are you questioning whether the individuals were friends? Are they not allowed to be friends if one of them is employed by the university? Is there automatic impropriety if a football player is friends with a school employee?
UMMMM Yes we do.

https://www.cnn.com/2023/01/28/us/uga-football-willock-lecroy-car-crash-saturday/index.html

I am not making any allegations. I am reporting what the University of Georgia said.
Chuckroast
cowboycwr said:

Chuckroast said:

cowboycwr said:

SoonerFrogs said:

UMMMM Yes we do.

https://www.cnn.com/2023/01/28/us/uga-football-willock-lecroy-car-crash-saturday/index.html

I am not making any allegations. I am reporting what the University of Georgia said.

OK, so we do know that the car was leased by the university, and was being used in an unauthorized manner (which I would fully expect to be the first argument the university makes to avoid liability … it sounds like the university is being truthful).

The rental car status doesn't change at all what my questions to you are. What is your point? Does the university somehow benefit from this young lady driving around her friend in a car leased by the University? Why is it such a "scandal?"
tallman1
I don't see the advantage the football team gains by a staff member using a vehicle leased for recruiting purposes for personal use. It's wrong and against school/team policy, but it's not a scandal or worthy of wide spread media coverage. It's wrong, but I don't doubt that it (or something similar) happens at even small universities, even at the lower divisions. My point is not to justify it, but to say the school may need to put some things in place to eliminate these things but, I don't think the use of this vehicle is something that deserves any further attention. Definitely not a scandal based on what we know.
Chuckroast
tallman1 said:

I don't see the advantage the football team gains by a staff member using a vehicle leased for recruiting purposes for personal use. It's wrong and against school/team policy, but it's not a scandal or worthy of wide spread media coverage. It's wrong, but I don't doubt that it (or something similar) happens at even small universities, even at the lower divisions. My point is not to justify it, but to say the school may need to put some things in place to eliminate these things but, I don't think the use of this vehicle is something that deserves any further attention. Definitely not a scandal based on what we know.

Agreed. The whole point about limiting car use to official duties is to avoid liability for the exact thing that happened. I think schools, as well as businesses, that provide company cars recognize there is a degree of liability that goes along with providing a car to employees, and they therefore want to limit driving to only business purposes.

That being said, there are legal liability issues in play, but how is it a scandal?
joseywales
Two people die and your concern is the school did not receive enough bad publicity, that's disgusting
MarcelloSwisher
BREAKING NEWS: college kids go to club, party & get into typical college activities. More at 8.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.