Football
Sponsored by

Georgia QB Stetson Bennett arrested at 6am today in Dallas...

4,471 Views | 54 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by historian
Stefano DiMera
How long do you want to ignore this user?
https://www.outkick.com/stetson-bennett-public-intoxication-arrest-dallas-details/
Jorkel
That guy loves to party!
Squatch Hunter
25 and partying like he is 19. Lucky his azz didnt get shot banging on stranger's doors at 6 am in big D
Chamberman
This will cause some NFL teams to question his character and his ability to represent their team.
ImABearToo
Johnny Football Pt 2
“Life is short, eat desert first!”
RegentCoverup
"n the 1600 Block of Tribeca Way in Old East Dallas."

Remind me to mock the peasants at Outkick the Coverage for their knowledge of Dallas neighborhoods.
Stefano DiMera
I know.. same thing happened to New Orleans Pelicans player in 2016 in Dallas when he entered the wrong apartment.
boognish_bear
He is the one who knocks

bear2be2
Stetson Bennett was a great college quarterback, but he seems like a jackass.
BUGWBBear
Beat me to it
DAC
TellMeYouLoveMe said:

Remind me to mock the peasants at Outkick the Coverage for their knowledge of Dallas neighborhoods.

Why?
Robert Wilson
Probably too drunk to figure out where he was staying
Yogi
He picked up a PI. Big deal.

Now, if you want to see some real partying that would blow your pastor's mind... that ain't even close.

Luckily I am 47 and party like it now. A beer, maybe an old fashioned - not too often because of doctor's orders - and then to bed by 11:00.

Party on!
RegentCoverup
DAC said:

TellMeYouLoveMe said:

Why?
I've got family in that area and they sure as hell don't call it.

a) old
b) East.

whitetrash
TellMeYouLoveMe said:

DAC said:

TellMeYouLoveMe said:

Why?

a) old
b) East.

If you pull up that address on Google Maps, it says in big capital letters: "OLD EAST DALLAS".
Stefano DiMera
Yeah..it definitely was considered Old East Dallas back in the day.. my mom still calls anything north of the Trinity River 'North Dallas ' because that was North Dallas in the 50s when she grew up.

It always fazes me seeing North Dallas High School basically in Downtown Dallas.
Jorkel
bear2be2 said:

Stetson Bennett was a great college quarterback, but he seems like a jackass.

He is just one of those players you only like if he is on your team and winning.
muddybrazos
TellMeYouLoveMe said:

DAC said:

TellMeYouLoveMe said:

Why?

a) old
b) East.

I lived in E Dallas for 20 years and that area is called Old E Dallas. Most people call the whole Baylor hospital area that. Then there is Lower Greenville, Lakewood, E dallas, Forest Hills etc.
DancinBear09
Who gives a ***** Big surprise, college kid parties too hard and gets arrested for a PI.
bear2be2
DancinBear09 said:

Who gives a ***** Big surprise, college kid parties too hard and gets arrested for a PI.
Stetson Bennett isn't just a college kid. He's the two-time defending national championship quarterback. And at 25, it's probably about time he starts growing up or he's going to be Uncle Rico-ing it in Athens, Georgia 25 years from now, bragging to college kids who don't have any idea who the hell he is.
Bakersdozen
Sad. Sad also that some of you guys excuse this.

I know this part of Dallas well. There are a lot of Baylor hospital people there and also a lot of other people that you don't want to be up all night long with.

Public Intoxication indicates that he was probably disturbing the peace, making a scene or stumbling when police came by.

Disappointing.
Robert Wilson
Bakersdozen said:

Sad. Sad also that some of you guys excuse this.

I know this part of Dallas well. There are a lot of Baylor hospital people there and also a lot of other people that you don't want to be up all night long with.

Public Intoxication indicates that he was probably disturbing the peace, making a scene or stumbling when police came by.

Disappointing.
Most likely he was knocking on the wrong door(s)

Hopefully will be a wake up call (no pun intended)
John Galt
The fire station on Bennett St literally says Old East Dallas on it.
Do not give what is holy to the dogs, nor throw your pearls before swine, lest they trample them under their feet and turn around and attack you.
RegentCoverup
John Galt said:

The fire station on Bennett St literally says Old East Dallas on it.

Reminds me of the statues at Baylor that were moved.

30 years ago, sure, I'd say that was maaaaybe "old"..."east.." blah, blah, blah, but we're talking about a neighborhood and giving it a bit more history than is deserved IMO.

I mean, if it's so damned old, it ain't cheap.

The LaReunion Cemetery is an important piece of Dallas history, but not many people know how to find it.
https://www.hmdb.org/m.asp?m=153688
John Galt
I mean I live there and it's called Old East Dallas. Don't know what else to tell you.
Do not give what is holy to the dogs, nor throw your pearls before swine, lest they trample them under their feet and turn around and attack you.
RegentCoverup
John Galt said:

I mean I live there and it's called Old East Dallas. Don't know what else to tell you.

The sign may say it, but time has long since moved on.
Aliceinbubbleland
Chamberman said:

This will cause some NFL teams to question his character and his ability to represent their team.
LOL Really?
John Galt
TellMeYouLoveMe said:

John Galt said:

It's weird that you're insistent that Old East Dallas is not Old East Dallas due to additional time having passed - thus making it older.
RegentCoverup
John Galt said:

TellMeYouLoveMe said:

John Galt said:

It's weird that you're insistent that Old East Dallas is not Old East Dallas due to additional time having passed - thus making it older.

Old Dallas was Oak Cliff.

Anyone that says otherwise came afterward.

That's a fact.
BayouCity
"How much have you had to drink tonight?"

Not much… just two Nattys back to back

*full disclosure… not my joke but too good not to share
DancinBear09
bear2be2 said:

DancinBear09 said:

Stetson Bennett isn't just a college kid. He's the two-time defending national championship quarterback. And at 25, it's probably about time he starts growing up or he's going to be Uncle Rico-ing it in Athens, Georgia 25 years from now, bragging to college kids who don't have any idea who the hell he is.

I mean…there is a much higher chance of that happening regardless of the PI. Dude doesn't have the height, weight or tools to be a successful NFL QB. The guy is no better than a 4th rounder even with a great combine.
John Galt
TellMeYouLoveMe said:

John Galt said:

TellMeYouLoveMe said:

John Galt said:

Old Dallas was Oak Cliff.

Anyone that says otherwise came afterward.

That's a fact.

Old EAST Dallas. Oak Cliff is not east. It is south and west. I love Oak Cliff. But the area we are discussing is Old East Dallas. That's why it says it on the map.

It literally was East Dallas before it was annexed by Dallas. Swiss Avenue is historic as well. It's not an either or. Different neighborhoods that are both historic.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Old_East_Dallas,_Dallas
bear2be2
DancinBear09 said:

bear2be2 said:

DancinBear09 said:

I mean…there is a much higher chance of that happening regardless of the PI. Dude doesn't have the height, weight or tools to be a successful NFL QB. The guy is no better than a 4th rounder even with a great combine.
The NFL isn't the only way to make a productive/respectable living. Haha.

I'm not talking about his career peaking in college. I'm talking about his life peaking in college.

He's going to be selling shoes to housewives, talking about his four touchdown game at Polk High.
DancinBear09
bear2be2 said:

DancinBear09 said:

bear2be2 said:

DancinBear09 said:

The NFL isn't the only way to make a productive/respectable living. Haha.

I'm not talking about his career peaking in college. I'm talking about his life peaking in college.

He's going to be selling shoes to housewives, talking about his four touchdown game at Polk High.

….and frequenting sultry establishments like "the Nudie Bar" having a $20 bill tied to monofilament fishing line attached to his finger and having to give his wife "nooners".
wongobear
Here's my summary of this thread

A guy got drunk and couldn't find his way home, and he is now doomed to be a life-long loser

Also, what's the definition of the word "old?" How about "east?"

<I already regret participating>
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.