Photo by Jack Mackenzie - SicEm365
Baylor Football

Baylor Football's 2023 Schedule Finalized

January 31, 2023

WACO, Texas -- Baylor football will play a school-record eight home games and open the first four weeks at McLane Stadium, as part of the 2023 schedule, released on Tuesday by the Big 12 Conference.

The Bears will open the 2023 season on Sept. 2, hosting Texas State at McLane Stadium. Baylor posted a 42-7 win over the Bobcats in week three of the 2022 campaign.

The season lid-lifter will start a stretch of four consecutive home games and the Bears will play five of their first six at home to open the year. The eight home games are the most in program history, and the four straight to open the year at home marks the most consecutive home games to start a season since the 2013 Big 12 Championship season.

Baylor will face Utah on Sept. 9, Long Island on Sept. 16 and will open Big 12 play on Sept. 23 vs. Texas, all at McLane Stadium. It will be the first meeting between Bears against both Utah and LIU. 

The first road test of the year will come at new Big 12 conference foe UCF on Sept. 30 in Orlando. Baylor will then return to McLane Stadium to host Texas Tech on Oct. 7. The Bears routed Texas Tech in Lubbock last year, 45-17. 

The Bears will be idle the week of Oct. 14 before traveling to face another new conference foe, Cincinnati, at Nippert Stadium in the Queen City on Oct. 21. This will be the first meeting between the Bears and the Bobcats. 

A two-game home swing will feature Iowa State on Oct. 28, a team the Bears bested 31-24 in Ames, Iowa, a year ago, before hosting conference newcomer Houston on Nov. 4 at McLane Stadium. Baylor owns a 14-13-1 record against Houston, last facing the Cougars in 1995.

The Bears will hit the road to face Kansas State in Manhattan, Kan., on Nov. 11, before venturing to face TCU on Nov. 18 in Fort Worth.

The regular-season finale will pit West Virginia against the Bears in McLane Stadium on Nov. 25.

Non-conference game times and television networks will be determined this summer.

Baylor welcomes fans to Bear Country this fall and the best way to guarantee seats for all eight home games is by purchasing season tickets. The Baylor Bear Foundation will launch season ticket renewals and new season ticket sales in February. To have a ticket representative reach out regarding season ticket options, please click here.

Date Opponent Location
 9/2  vs. Texas State  Waco, TX
 9/9  vs. Utah  Waco, TX
 9/16  vs. Long Island  Waco, TX
 9/23  vs. Texas  Waco, TX
 9/30  at UCF  Orlando, FL
 10/7  vs. Texas Tech  Waco, TX
 10/14   BYE  
 10/21  at Cincinnati  Cincinnati, OH
 10/28  vs. Iowa State  Waco, TX
 11/4  vs. Houston  Waco, TX
 11/11  at Kansas State  Manhattan, KS
 11/18  at TCU  Fort Worth, TX
 11/25  vs. West Virginia  Waco, TX
 12/2  Dr. Pepper Big 12 Championship Game   Arlington, TX 

Discussion from...

Baylor Football's 2023 Schedule Finalized

13,234 Views | 24 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by historian
JumboShrimper
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Eternal scoreboard over Ou!
EvilTroyAndAbed
So no OU, OSU or Kansas next year.
JumboShrimper
Also very favorable schedule. Would be disappointed with worse than 8-4.
monsterbear61
MrGolfguy
Long Island????? I was hopeful that the pussified SEC type games were done.
But 8 home and 4 road is nice
Well I ain't no greenhorn!!
RightRevBear
I am disappointed. We are playing three of our new conference members, but we are not playing BYU who I hope to play every year. It would also be nice to play OSU. I understand that there is no perfect solution though.
Quinton
We are traveling to 2 of the 3 new teams and no BYU? No OU or OSU either. Kind of a bland and junk schedule considering we've played great games with the Oklahoma schools recently.

How does the champ get determined since some schedules are much more difficult than others? Will there be divisions?
EvilTroyAndAbed
MrGolfguy said:

Everyone has that "game" on their schedule. We also play Utah, so chill out about a pussified schedule.
BellCountyBear
Will they sell Long Island iced tea for the LIU game?
MrGolfguy
EvilTroyAndAbed said:

MrGolfguy said:

Everyone has that "game" on their schedule. We also play Utah, so chill out about a pussified schedule.
I'm talking about one game genius, not the whole schedule. Baylor has no business playing Long Island, UAlbany, Texas Southern, Wofford, or the like. Its a pussified way out that the SEC owns. Big12 teams shouldn't copy them.
SIC EM 94
MrGolfguy said:

EvilTroyAndAbed said:

MrGolfguy said:

I'm talking about one game genius, not the whole schedule. Baylor has no business playing Long Island, UAlbany, Texas Southern, Wofford, or the like. It's a pussified way out that the SEC owns. Big12 teams shouldn't copy them.

Agree…Long Island is a joke and embarrassing.
Jayman1963
IIRC, the Albany game was a "last minute" substitute for La Tech backing out of playing us. Maybe LIU is taking the place of the La Tech 2023 game?
whitetrash
Jayman1963 said:

IIRC, the Albany game was a "last minute" substitute for La Tech backing out of playing us. Maybe LIU is taking the place of the La Tech 2023 game?
Correct. LaTech bailed on a home and home with us (we were supposed to go to Ruston this year) and Albany/LIU are the replacements.
DAC
SIC EM 94 said:

MrGolfguy said:

EvilTroyAndAbed said:

MrGolfguy said:

I'm talking about one game genius, not the whole schedule. Baylor has no business playing Long Island, UAlbany, Texas Southern, Wofford, or the like. It's a pussified way out that the SEC owns. Big12 teams shouldn't copy them.

True but at least it isn't on the road lol
hobbu87
Which game will be Homecoming? I'm guessing it'll be the Oct. 28 or Nov. 4 game but don't know which.
MrGolfguy
Likely 10/28
bear2be2
hobbu87 said:

Which game will be Homecoming? I'm guessing it'll be the Oct. 28 or Nov. 4 game but don't know which.
We know it won't be Kansas next year.
historian
MrGolfguy said:

Probably the only team they could get in short notice.
historian
RightRevBear said:

I am disappointed. We are playing three of our new conference members, but we are not playing BYU who I hope to play every year. It would also be nice to play OSU. I understand that there is no perfect solution though.

Not playing BYU makes sense because we play them the last two years.
Yogi
And they're likely to be back on the schedule in 2024.

Though I can't say the same for the Longhorn Network...
CHP Bear
SIC EM 94 said:

MrGolfguy said:

EvilTroyAndAbed said:

MrGolfguy said:

If we lose. Otherwise a win is included in the six required for a bowl.
bear2be2
CHP Bear said:

SIC EM 94 said:

MrGolfguy said:

EvilTroyAndAbed said:

MrGolfguy said:

That game is a joke either way. I really wish we'd stop playing FCS opponents. Those games are worthless.
SIC EM 94
bear2be2 said:

CHP Bear said:

SIC EM 94 said:

MrGolfguy said:

EvilTroyAndAbed said:

MrGolfguy said:

That game is a joke either way. I really wish we'd stop playing FCS opponents. Those games are worthless.

Exactly…I get Albany was because of short notice, but there was plenty of time to find a more respectable opponent than Long Island!
historian
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.