Football
Sponsored by

Weekly Kendall Briles and Phil "The Aggie" Bennett Updates

186,996 Views | 1621 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by MilliVanilli
Thee University
How long do you want to ignore this user?
REX said:

Thee University said:

RioRata said:

boognish_bear said:

At least someone's "process" is working.
I had seriously never heard of FAU Owls until last year. Sort of like coaching at Tarleton State isn't it?

At least they have their pick of "bad dudes" over there where Rhodes Scholarships are awarded weekly.

Had you ever heard of Liberty before then?
Just curious
You should watch one of FAU's games
They play really good defense, have one of the best kickers in the nation and the offense? Just look at the above tweets.

I'd rather watch Abilene Christian or Incarnate Word, Art & Ian's lambs that they left behind to pump up our national reputation.
Limited IQ Redneck in PU
You really think we are pumping up our national reputation?

BTW, did you find that stat about games won by an offense or defense you were talking about?
RioRata
REX said:

Thee University said:

RioRata said:

boognish_bear said:

I had seriously never heard of FAU Owls until last year. Sort of like coaching at Tarleton State isn't it?

At least they have their pick of "bad dudes" over there where Rhodes Scholarships are awarded weekly.

Had you ever heard of Liberty before then?
Just curious
You should watch one of FAU's games
They play really good defense, have one of the best kickers in the nation and the offense? Just look at the above tweets.

Never liked Kiffin and probably never will. He worked for Saban so something must have rubbed off.

Best thing Kiffin ever did was run Bryce Petty off...to Baylor.

Hope Clemson sent him a card for gifting them Tajh Boyd.
Thee University
Limited IQ Redneck in PU said:

BTW, did you find that stat about games won by an offense or defense you were talking about?
Art was licking his chops years ago when Ian scheduled these two 900 yard contests!!!! When Art gets his new gig next year maybe we can give him back ACU and IWU because he won't be looking forward to playing real teams in non-conference.
Boatshoes
xiledinok said:

What do Jerry Sandusky have in common with Art Briles?

Absolutely nothing.

I suppose if you want to really stretch, Briles was replaced by a head coach whose hero is the man who covered up Sandusky's child molestation.
Private Pyle
boognish_bear said:

Don't they know a process takes at least 3 years???
Private Pyle
Thee University said:

RioRata said:

boognish_bear said:

They are a tier 2 school like Baylor. Carrot Top also went there,.haha
Krieg
Sevenyearsthere said:

Thee University said:

marco said:

BearTruth13 said:

He gave up 36 points per game the first 5 games of this season. He has had 2 great games. He has got 5 more games for the season. Let's see if my projection is correct. I'm betting he returns to the status quo.
"Status quo"? His "status quo" at Baylor was winning 10 games a year for the last few seasons. How horrible it must be. The defensive recruits in the 2016 class were some of the best we'd ever hauled in.
We won in spite of The Aggie!

Had Art gotten a real, aggressive and motivated DC we would have parlayed those 10 games a year into 12 or 13 wins per season.

Had any of you jock worshippers and robe clingers actually strapped on a jock yourself past juice box football you would understand the cost of letting The Aggie ride us down.

Our defense didn't win a single game for us. They sure as heck cost us a couple.
2013 @ KSU and @TCU game winning interceptions both.

I hadn't seen Thee University's posts in awhile but I enjoy and appreciate his passion. It's kinda heartening to see that he still has some optimism about Rhule.

He HATED Briles while he was winning conference titles. Him liking Rhule isn't necessarily a positive.
Krieg
Thee University said:

Art was licking his chops years ago when Ian scheduled these two 900 yard contests!!!! When Art gets his new gig next year maybe we can give him back ACU and IWU because he won't be looking forward to playing real teams in non-conference.

You said the same thing about the first 3 teams that beat us this year as recently as August. CTE hasn't been kind to you.
Sevenyearsthere
Krieg said:

Sevenyearsthere said:

Thee University said:

marco said:

BearTruth13 said:

He gave up 36 points per game the first 5 games of this season. He has had 2 great games. He has got 5 more games for the season. Let's see if my projection is correct. I'm betting he returns to the status quo.
"Status quo"? His "status quo" at Baylor was winning 10 games a year for the last few seasons. How horrible it must be. The defensive recruits in the 2016 class were some of the best we'd ever hauled in.

Had Art gotten a real, aggressive and motivated DC we would have parlayed those 10 games a year into 12 or 13 wins per season.

Had any of you jock worshippers and robe clingers actually strapped on a jock yourself past juice box football you would understand the cost of letting The Aggie ride us down.

Our defense didn't win a single game for us. They sure as heck cost us a couple.

I hadn't seen Thee University's posts in awhile but I enjoy and appreciate his passion. It's kinda heartening to see that he still has some optimism about Rhule.

He HATED Briles while he was winning conference titles. Him liking Rhule isn't necessarily a positive.
He's not always right, but I still appreciate his passion for Baylor football, and to have an old school guy respecting Rhule I think is a big positive.
Thee University
Krieg said:

Thee University said:

You said the same thing about the first 3 teams that beat us this year as recently as August. CTE hasn't been kind to you.
Said what about them?
MilliVanilli
Sevenyearsthere said:

Krieg said:

Sevenyearsthere said:

Thee University said:

marco said:

BearTruth13 said:

He's not always right, but I still appreciate his passion for Baylor football, and to have an old school guy respecting Rhule I think is a big positive.
He also smelled the rot in the Briles regime lurking under the surface when most people were blinded by 70-7 throttlings of Wofford and ignoring Fiesta Bowl upsets and Cotton Bowl meltdowns and discipline problems that made them possible and were indicative of a carefree culture behind it all.
Malbec
Thee University said:

RioRata said:

boognish_bear said:

If that were true.....but, of course we know it's not. FAU has history that someone as connected and "experienced" as you knows very well.
Thee University
Malbec said:

Thee University said:

RioRata said:

boognish_bear said:

If that were true.....but, of course we know it's not. FAU has history that someone as connected and "experienced" as you knows very well.
Seriously, I had never heard of them until Kiffin took the job. Never. That's OK though. I'm sure in a year or two they will be in the Final Four.

Malbec
Thee University said:

Malbec said:

Thee University said:

RioRata said:

boognish_bear said:

Seriously, I had never heard of them until Kiffin took the job. Never. That's OK though. I'm sure in a year or two they will be in the Final Four.

Come on man, Howard Schnellenberger is right in your wheelhouse.
Jacques Strap
boognish_bear said:

CLK and CKB will be gone by the time Baylor moves to CUSA so that's good news.

Would BU be 3-0 in CUSA?

I doubt CMR would be 3-0 in CUSA if he were coaching FAU.
bobo

Thee University said:

Moving in the right direction? Lol. We are the worst football team in the nation.
Impossible.

We are not even the worst in the Big 12.
Name someone with a worse record.

I go by wins and losses.

You go by your gut.

Sad. You were constantly whining while Baylor was winning. Now you are happy and start threads you think are fun like this one.
Thee is happy. He is only concerned with his legacy and the legacy of those mediocre teams he played on. He hated briles not because of the off field but because briles and company had and were continuing to eclipse his era accomplishments. Now that we suck again thee is happy.
Everything is racist
xiIedinok
bobo said:

Thee University said:

Moving in the right direction? Lol. We are the worst football team in the nation.
Impossible.

I go by wins and losses.

You go by your gut.

Sad. You were constantly whining while Baylor was winning. Now you are happy and start threads you think are fun like this one.
Thee is happy. He is only concerned with his legacy and the legacy of those mediocre teams he played on. He hated briles not because of the off field but because briles and company had and were continuing to eclipse his era accomplishments. Now that we suck again thee is happy.
xiledinok
Boatshoes said:

xiledinok said:

Absolutely nothing.

I suppose if you want to really stretch, Briles was replaced by a head coach whose hero is the man who covered up Sandusky's child molestation.

No, let us try again.
Strike one!

It is obvious to all not personally or emotionally invested in what took place.

It has nothing to do with Rhule, Blair Thomas or Tom Rafferty.

I love it! Recording breaking hype for all 5000 FAU, fans, family members, boyfriends, girlfriends and diehards. Keep it up! Hoot! Hoot! Hoot!
xiledinok
Howard is probably showing recruits the social life at FAU. I bet they have plenty of vodka and cocaine in Boca (and white woman but don't know if they are interested). Great place to recruit!
Thee University
bobo said:

Thee University said:

Impossible.

I go by wins and losses.

You go by your gut.

That's the same old, tired pencil neck ploy. That chihuahua won't hunt.

I never hated Briles. I just could not understand why he did not hire an aggressive and motivated-to-succeed DC and ST coach. Seriously. I'm in the Baylor record books (still) and my teams/teammates are (still) there. We did so much more with so little so for this I am doubly proud.

The primary reason you are seeing me bend you fluffers over the log and pummel your keisters is that I believe that Briles and a few of his boys tarred, feathered and sacrificed Baylor at the altar of gang-bangers so that they might position themselves for a better job. We (Baylor) were collateral damage and expendable once Art realized Ian & Ken were not going to hold him accountable for any misdeeds, campus damage or assaults. It went on until the BOR decided to put a stop to it.

Art walks away with some cash but he did not realize that Baylor has some smart people that were not going to allow him to walk away unscathed.

I lost respect for Briles over a few years. I loved the W's but now question how they were achieved and definitely feel that he brought shame and dark clouds over BU that Roberts & Steele combined could not match.

What accomplishments did I hope to keep from getting overshadowed? Hell, the '85-'86 team we're just as good or better. None of us achieved the results Briles 3-4 years did. Of course had those prior BU teams had the support, facilities, training and commitment that we now give our players (except for you robe clingers - you are pitiful in your daily drubbing of Rhule as he works hard to dig out of the Briles Basement) teams from yesteryear MIGHT have won 11 or 12 games too. All you have to do is count the NFL players from those yesteryear teams.

I'm not happy. I'm pissed because Briles set us back years with his inactions. We are forced to claw our way out of yet another self-imposed dungeon digging.

I support Matt & his staff. They can get us back and put a team out there that you don't have to hold your breath over when you read the police blotter.
Private Pyle
Thee, your post I always disagree with, but you are funny as hell. I'd love to grab a beer with you sometime and listen to your stories.
Shakesbear
HEX TEX! HEX TEX! HEX TEX!
Retreat Hell! We just got here! The 2/5
xiIedinok
Thee University said:

bobo said:

Thee University said:

Impossible.

I go by wins and losses.

You go by your gut.

I never hated Briles. I just could not understand why he did not hire an aggressive and motivated-to-succeed DC and ST coach. Seriously. I'm in the Baylor record books (still) and my teams/teammates are (still) there. We did so much more with so little so for this I am doubly proud.

The primary reason you are seeing me bend you fluffers over the log and pummel your keisters is that I believe that Briles and a few of his boys tarred, feathered and sacrificed Baylor at the altar of gang-bangers so that they might position themselves for a better job. We (Baylor) were collateral damage and expendable once Art realized Ian & Ken were not going to hold him accountable for any misdeeds, campus damage or assaults. It went on until the BOR decided to put a stop to it.

Art walks away with some cash but he did not realize that Baylor has some smart people that were not going to allow him to walk away unscathed.

I lost respect for Briles over a few years. I loved the W's but now question how they were achieved and definitely feel that he brought shame and dark clouds over BU that Roberts & Steele combined could not match.

What accomplishments did I hope to keep from getting overshadowed? Hell, the '85-'86 team we're just as good or better. None of us achieved the results Briles 3-4 years did. Of course had those prior BU teams had the support, facilities, training and commitment that we now give our players (except for you robe clingers - you are pitiful in your daily drubbing of Rhule as he works hard to dig out of the Briles Basement) teams from yesteryear MIGHT have won 11 or 12 games too. All you have to do is count the NFL players from those yesteryear teams.

I'm not happy. I'm pissed because Briles set us back years with his inactions. We are forced to claw our way out of yet another self-imposed dungeon digging.

I support Matt & his staff. They can get us back and put a team out there that you don't have to hold your breath over when you read the police blotter.
Skimmed over your dumb rant. Noticed you said Baylor has some smart people. Quit reading.

Why have you strayed away from the topic that you started?
xiIedinok
xiledinok said:

Boatshoes said:

xiledinok said:

Absolutely nothing.

No, let us try again.
Strike one!

It is obvious to all not personally or emotionally invested in what took place.

It has nothing to do with Rhule, Blair Thomas or Tom Rafferty.

I love it! Recording breaking hype for all 5000 FAU, fans, family members, boyfriends, girlfriends and diehards. Keep it up! Hoot! Hoot! Hoot!
Rustled xiled once again. Thread just isn't going well for you buddy.
303Bear
BearackObama said:

Skimmed over your dumb rant. Noticed you said Baylor has some smart people. Quit reading.

The topic doesn't fit the chosen narrative, so revert to name calling. Its a defense mechanism.
Thee University
303Bear said:

BearackObama said:

The topic doesn't fit the chosen narrative, so revert to name calling. Its a defense mechanism.
Not really.

I learned this "language" when I got to Waco. It was part of my Baylor edumacation. I take these boards for what they are-entertainment with a little bit of football talk thrown in.

I know you read it all. I answer questions truthfully. That truth does not fit your Pollyanna,robe-clinging, spoiled brat background so you get you feelings hurt.
xiledinok
It has gone well. It gets emotions running high and we get to see idiots like yourself still claiming those guys are relevant.
No, I m not watching the ASU games but I know people who do support them. They are thrilled Bennett doesn't tell the announcers that ASU plays the "points per possesion" miracle.

Now, please give me your answer on my above question. I ll give you three chances. It doesn't involve Rhule, Kijana Carter, or Matt Millen.

For a guy that says Baylor has a bunch of dumbasses, you might be the worst gene pool I 've come across concerning situational awareness.
You would probably brag if you and your significant other were named Mr. and Mrs. Auschwitz. You would jump up and down thinking you had won big.
Dungeon Athletics
Thee University said:

bobo said:

Thee University said:

Impossible.

I go by wins and losses.

You go by your gut.

Yep. Had to make sure he got his comeuppance. After all, we have to uphold our Christian mission, and what could be more Christ-like than revenge? I'm sure Jesus would've run a similar smear campaign.

Of course, if your pencil-necked buddies on the BOR could distinguish between righteous indignation and selfish pride, we wouldn't be in this mess, so I'm not that surprised that you can't either. But that's what you get when you have a bunch of Pharisees attempting to run a Christian institution. Grace? Forgiveness? Mercy? Doing what's best for the entire university, even if it means swallowing your pride? Even if it means Art doesn't get what you think he deserves? Nah, that option isn't even on the table. Gotta make sure Art pays. (Especially for exposing our own systemic failures.) That sure sounds like Jesus to me.
bobo
Thee University said:

bobo said:

Thee University said:

Impossible.

I go by wins and losses.

You go by your gut.

So you advocate sodomy and rape? Is that because you are homosexual or you like the power it gives you? I think it is a power thing with you.

Everything is racist
xiledinok
Art played the p.r. game first with Baylor and didn't expect to be crushed.
He's just a sore loser who didn't think he would face the music with the issues at Baylor.
He had "yes" men around him who weren't going to tell him anything he didn't like to hear.
Life is a two way street, Art went after Baylor first with p.r. and the regents after stumbling did much better with p.r. One of the world's largest newspapers had investors and money folks catching up on him.
Now, Art and Jerry Sandusky are known for more than just coaching college football at a high level.
marco
I hope no one is so nave that they believe that rape wasn't happening when Thee and his crew were on campus. They just benefitted from a culture of **** shaming that is part and parcel of the religious right and the second class nature of women in their patriarchal society. Times have changed and once again there needs to be a scapegoat. First it was Jesus, then it was Art..
xiIedinok
xiledinok said:

It has gone well. It gets emotions running high and we get to see idiots like yourself still claiming those guys are relevant.
No, I m not watching the ASU games but I know people who do support them. They are thrilled Bennett doesn't tell the announcers that ASU plays the "points per possesion" miracle.

Now, please give me your answer on my above question. I ll give you three chances. It doesn't involve Rhule, Kijana Carter, or Matt Millen.

For a guy that says Baylor has a bunch of dumbasses, you might be the worst gene pool I 've come across concerning situational awareness.
You would probably brag if you and your significant other were named Mr. and Mrs. Auschwitz. You would jump up and down thinking you had won big.

Just when I thought you couldn't be more rustled you go off and do this. Maybe take a timeout from the internet. No need to let this thread backfiring on you and Thee get you so upset.
xiledinok
BearackObama said:

xiledinok said:

Just when I thought you couldn't be more rustled you go off and do this. Maybe take a timeout from the internet. No need to let this thread backfiring on you and Thee get you so upset.
Does not involve Rhule, Lavar Arrington or Oakman (not a big name at Penn State).
I have 21 pages. Largest thread on Lame Kiffin, El Chico and White Women guy, whatever his name going on the internet.
C'mon, answer the question. Please show me your lack of situational awareness. What do Jerry Sandusky and Art Briles have in common?
xiledinok
marco said:

I hope no one is so nave that they believe that rape wasn't happening when Thee and his crew were on campus. They just benefitted from a culture of **** shaming that is part and parcel of the religious right and the second class nature of women in their patriarchal society. Times have changed and once again there needs to be a scapegoat. First it was Jesus, then it was Art..
W T F.

ROBE TOUCHING!

He played the PR game and made poor choices.
His strategy was so far off course it essential damaged his brand.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.