Football
Sponsored by

This is no Steele

11,159 Views | 107 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Robert Wilson
OldSchoolBU
How long do you want to ignore this user?
this guy is going to win and win big at Baylor. It starts Saturday. I'll eat crow if I am wrong. I have a feeling we are going to see something we can hang our hat on starting Saturday and it will lead to winning the next 2 as well.

I'm calling my shot. 3-1 heading into Kansas State. It will make us scratch our heads even more as to what happened with Liberty. Enjoy the ride.
The past is last! Be a champion today!
80sBEAR
OldSchoolBU said:

this guy is going to win and win big at Baylor. It starts Saturday. I'll eat crow if I am wrong. I have a feeling we are going to see something we can hang our hat on starting Saturday and it will lead to winning the next 2 as well.

I'm calling my shot. 3-1 heading into Kansas State. It will make us scratch our heads even more as to what happened with Liberty. Enjoy the ride.
I love your optimism, OldSchool. Just let me know if you like your crow medium or well done.

"This is not an institution of football."
-- Dr. David Garland
BillDauterive
OldSchoolBU said:

boognish_bear
OldSchoolBU said:

I have a feeling we are going to see something we can hang our hat on starting Saturday and it will lead to winning the next 2 as well.

I pray to baby football Jesus that you are right sir.

So...what would be something we could hang our hat on Saturday? What margin of victory would be enough to make the doubters start to have a little belief?
Stranger
I'm more worried about the Bill Beall effect that the Kevin Steele effect
I'm a Bearbacker
The_barBEARian
OldSchoolBU said:

This is no Art Briles either. I'm not expecting any miracles.
80sBEAR
Stranger said:

Up the middle, up the middle, wobbly pass.......punt.
Etc, etc., etc.

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ
-- Dr. David Garland
ArlingtonFarm Fingercuffs
I'll celebrate Rhule's victories and scrutinize his defeats. I'll also never forgive Baylor for the institution's part in the cluster that brought down Briles.
Grumpy
Yes, we are currently debating whether we have a shot to beat UTSA. Never would have guessed it even a week ago.
Oso Pardo
OldSchoolBU said:

Please be right....please be right....please be right....
Grizz Air
I am so depressed that we even have to have this conversation...
BellCountyBear
Y'all do realize that utsa is mostly a commuter school for morons that couldn't get accepted anywhere else?! I took a summer school class there once as I grew up in SA. I felt like I was back in high school. The fact that they even have a football team blows my mind!
boognish_bear
BellCountyBear said:

Y'all do realize that utsa is mostly a commuter school for morons that couldn't get accepted anywhere else?! I took a summer school class there once as I grew up in SA. I felt like I was back in high school. The fact that they even have a football team blows my mind!

The "commuter school" comment gives me horrible flashbacks to the upset UCF pulled on us.
PacificBear
I took utsa and the points. I have not bet against Baylor since Steele. Thx bor.
80sBEAR
OldSchoolBU said:

?
-- Dr. David Garland
ImwithBU
80sBEAR said:

Stranger said:

Etc, etc., etc.

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

No the offense is not as exciting as Briles, but if you think this represents what you saw on Saturday, then there is no point in trying to talk to you
ImwithBU
PacificBear said:

I took utsa and the points. I have not bet against Baylor since Steele. Thx bor.

How much do you usually bet and how much did you bet this time? That lets me know how confident you really are with your bet. Be bold, Be the Standard, remember that BS
Krieg
$1000 says we're not 3-1 this year after 4 games. Any takers?

And to think we've started 6-0 every year since 2013 before the defensive guru arrived and let an FCS team score 48 points.
Boatshoes
Our last 0-2 Start was in 1999, Steele's first year, with the losses to BC and UNLV. That team ended up 1-10 (0-8)

Rhule has an opportunity to fill those shoes today.

For reference, to find the last winless Baylor football team you have to go back to Beall's 1969 team that went 0-10 (0-7)
Jacques Strap
Hope you are right but I have a fine Merlot ready for action just in case.
PartyBear
Merlot? You should consider a bottle of Patron.
Pale Rider
When you are confused, trying to think, now what am I supposed to do, and therefore constantly out of position on defense it is difficult to stop a Pop Warner team.
Krieg
Yep. They've spent so much time running contact drills that the coaches neglected to teach them their system.
Wikstr9
+ all the community service they did. He wasted time doing stuff not important at this stage in the process.

My guess is he is gone in 3 yrs and we start (or continue) this mess again.
Bear8084
All these posters that watched the practices over the Summer and knew what and how Rhule and Staff taught the players.
Krieg
Bear8084 said:

All these posters that watched the practices over the Summer and knew what and how Rhule and Staff taught the players.

You realize that some people here actually do know what they're posting to be true, right? They may have been to a practice, may know parents of players, may live in Waco and find things out from professors or others in town, etc.

Then there's the people from far away that often post things like what you're posting. I seem to remember GeorgeTruett being obsessed with everyone else not knowing the truth when he was convinced he knew it himself while off on the east coast. Those of us in the area know what's going on a lot better than most that are far away.
Bear8084
Krieg said:

Bear8084 said:

You realize that some people here actually do know what they're posting to be true, right? They may have been to a practice, may know parents of players, may live in Waco and find things out from professors or others in town, etc.

Then there's the people from far away that often post things like what you're posting. I seem to remember GeorgeTruett being obsessed with everyone else not knowing the truth when he was convinced he knew it himself while off on the east coast. Those of us in the area know what's going on a lot better than most that are far away.

Haha, it's mostly Baylorfans, most is not true and just grudges and trolling. I know who the insider posters are and they aren't in this thread.
PacificBear
$500. Not that confident. Still think Briles players might wake up. It's more of a bet against the bor.
PacificBear
Fine Merlot = oxymoron
bobo
BellCountyBear said:

You do realize they had four players make NFL rosters as rookies this year
bobo
Utsa wins by 10. Blood in the water. Temple fit. Temple strong.
Krieg
Bump.

Not sure there's enough crow in the world for you to be force-fed, lol.
BillDauterive
Quote:

This is no Steele
You're correct.

Steele actually won a game his first year.
Michibear
This is no Steele. But is it worse?

Steele's first game at Baylor was a 1 point overtime loss to Boston College.
Steele's second game at Baylor was the infamous 3-point loss to UNLV.

Based on this, I'd say Coach Matt Rhule is on track to at least keep up with Steele.

CorsicanaBear
He's on track to keep up with Beall.
Illigitimus non carborundum
Last Page
Page 1 of 4

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.