Gerry Bohanon

1,240 Views | 16 Replies | Last: 9 min ago by MrGolfguy
MrGolfguy
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Coming back to Waco on Saturday as the BYU backup QB; so far he's only got some mop up time vs Wyoming. Wish him well, as always.
Jorkel
Maybe we can trade Finn for GB
Killing Floor
Murphy has Duke at 4-0. Too bad we couldn't get him to visit Baylor while he was in the portal.
Oh, wait.
Wacoraisedbear
Killing Floor said:

Murphy has Duke at 4-0. Too bad we couldn't get him to visit Baylor while he was in the portal.
Oh, wait.

Murphy was my top choice you just can't pass up on that type of potential even if we lost Robertson
Jorkel
Wacoraisedbear said:

Killing Floor said:

Oh, wait.

Murphy was my top choice you just can't pass up on that type of potential even if we lost Robertson

He probably required double the amount of money than getting Finn
Killing Floor
You don't know what kind of money a redshirt sophomore who hasn't been a starter needed. You do know if there was any way he could have stayed in the western half of the country, closer to family, he wound have done it.
Hard to say what a 6'5 230 Lb quarterback who's built like Josh Allen and can keep a ball on a rope over 70 yards and, by the way, stays out of trouble with a 4.0 GPA is worth to a team in the Big 12 struggling to find success.

It's far more likely we didn't offer him the job than we didn't offer enough. Duke isn't exactly spilling NIL.

Think about this, what would Dave do?
bear2be2
Jorkel said:

Wacoraisedbear said:

Killing Floor said:

Oh, wait.

He probably required double the amount of money than getting Finn
Yeah, we didn't pass on him. He passed on us. You don't get to the visit stage with transfers you don't want/wouldn't take.
Daveisabovereproach
Wacoraisedbear said:

Killing Floor said:

Oh, wait.

A lot of people on this board said that Murphy was worthless and that Finn was totally better because of some random PFF stat. all I can say to that is ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha
Killing Floor
Murphy started 2 games at Texas against BYU and K State and won both. He was the 2nd on their depth chart. He is definitely good enough to be a Big12 QB.
He's a classy guy, he could have left a year earlier. I respect that he is a good team guy.
jikespingleton
Love Gerry, he will always be a Bear to me.

That and he's my favorite 30 year old college player
bear2be2
jikespingleton said:

Love Gerry, he will always be a Bear to me.

That and he's my favorite 30 year old college player
It sucks that Gerry didn't get to play more after leaving Baylor. But it's telling that he's earned rave reviews as a leader from all five staffs he's played for -- two at Baylor, two at South Florida and Sitake and Co. at BYU.

He's a truly impressive individual who will be successful at whatever he decides to do when his playing days are over.
DAC
Daveisabovereproach said:

Wacoraisedbear said:

Killing Floor said:

Oh, wait.

A lot of people on this board said that Murphy was worthless and that Finn was totally better because of some random PFF stat. all I can say to that is ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

There was some trash article posted on here that had him in top 10 transfer qbs or something along those lines
Mitch Blood Green
Killing Floor said:

You don't know what kind of money a redshirt sophomore who hasn't been a starter needed. You do know if there was any way he could have stayed in the western half of the country, closer to family, he wound have done it.
Hard to say what a 6'5 230 Lb quarterback who's built like Josh Allen and can keep a ball on a rope over 70 yards and, by the way, stays out of trouble with a 4.0 GPA is worth to a team in the Big 12 struggling to find success.

It's far more likely we didn't offer him the job than we didn't offer enough. Duke isn't exactly spilling NIL.

Think about this, what would Dave do?

Impressive. 4.0? I am impressed.
Killing Floor
He was academic all big 12 previously.

All seriousness I think that is really cool. Same for any athlete at any school. That's just hard work.
boykin_spaniel
Gerry seems like a guy who'd make a great coach. Teammates and coaches always speak highly of him.

Murphy has looked like a first year starter. Some ups and downs but Duke is 4-0. My guess is with Sawyer on the roster we didn't offer a guaranteed starting spot. I don't think Duke football beat us out in NIL. That said he may also have wanted a Duke degree.
Daveisabovereproach
DAC said:

Daveisabovereproach said:

Wacoraisedbear said:

Killing Floor said:

Oh, wait.

There was some trash article posted on here that had him in top 10 transfer qbs or something along those lines

Yeah, and I just want to say that I hate PFF. They're a company trying to sell a product and provide a data point without context that can be used to support any conclusion that their readers want. It's possible that we tried to get Murphy to come here, and we either couldn't afford him or he didn't want to. But for people to suggest that he didn't have as much talent as Finn? Like it or not, Ewers will almost certainly be a top 10 pick next year, so playing behind him isn't that big of a deal. Would Finn have beat Murphy as the second stringer at UT? Nope
MrGolfguy
3 cheers for Gerry -

Hip Hip Hooray!
Hip Hip Hooray!
Hip Hip Hooray!
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.