Football
Sponsored by

The major factor that could cost Rhule his job in 2017

7,260 Views | 75 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Stan Mikita
Tommy_Lou_Ramsower
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Forget about the record. Assume we are 0-12 when the clock hits 00:00 in Fort Worth. Coach Rhule could be gone at the end of this year if we see a major exodus of transferring players. Talent does not like to lose or get beat up unnecessarily. Call it the "Barry Sanders Phenomenon."
timetraveler
I think the decision that Rhule is gone has already been made. He obviously isn't going to win. The only question now is how soon.
Bear8084
timetraveler said:

I think the decision that Rhule is gone has already been made. He obviously isn't going to win. The only question now is how soon.
Lol, only in some of you trolls' heads it has.
PartyBear
Bear8084 said:

timetraveler said:

You might actually be the one eating crow a year from now or perhaps even less. I think with what we are paying everyone is expecting to win even the idiot wing of the BOR. Even that idiot wing wants to preside over great football and all it brings in especially when we are paying blue blood money to produce wins.
timetraveler
Bear8084 said:

timetraveler said:

Is Matty your cousin or something? Because if he was my cousin I'd still fire him.
Bear8084
timetraveler said:

Bear8084 said:

timetraveler said:

Is Matty your cousin or something? Because if he was my cousin I'd still fire him.
Nope, I'm just pointing out a ridiculous statement.
Pale Rider
timetraveler said:

This thought is delusional. Come back to earth timetraveler.
Rhule will be here for the next three years at least. Regardless.
Might as well accept it.
xiledinok
Tommy_Lou_Ramsower said:

Forget about the record. Assume we are 0-12 when the clock hits 00:00 in Fort Worth. Coach Rhule could be gone at the end of this year if we see a major exodus of transferring players. Talent does not like to lose or get beat up unnecessarily. Call it the "Barry Sanders Phenomenon."
Transfer where? Middle Tennessee. Where is the talent?
Mitch Blood Green
Tommy_Lou_Ramsower said:

Rhule is not losing his job. The ONLY way Rhule isn't here next year is if he chooses to leave.

timetraveler
Pale Rider said:

timetraveler said:

Might as well accept it.
We just fired our best coach in history, bought out his contract, and then wrote him a letter that he didn't do anything wrong. You think getting rid of a bad coach is out of reach?
Mitch Blood Green
timetraveler said:

Pale Rider said:

timetraveler said:

Might as well accept it.
We just fired our best coach in history, bought out his contract, and then wrote him a letter that he didn't do anything wrong. You think getting rid of a bad coach is out of reach?

Yes.
timetraveler
tommie said:

Tommy_Lou_Ramsower said:

Rhule is not losing his job. The ONLY way Rhule isn't here next year is if he chooses to leave.

Rhule will be gone before game 7 of next season.
xiledinok
timetraveler said:

Pale Rider said:

timetraveler said:

Might as well accept it.
Because that is part of the circle jerk.
No one believes they were sincere.
They didn't state that Art's staff didn't get him fired.
Coach gets money, looks like turd, they send letter patting him on the back to cool him off.
ilbb990912
timetraveler said:

tommie said:

Tommy_Lou_Ramsower said:

He has a 7 year contract. The team is showing improvement. The staff can recruit. Even the BOR is happy we're taking one on the chin this year to get the program out of the bad publicity spotlight. He ain't goin' anywhere.
timetraveler
ilbb990912 said:

timetraveler said:

tommie said:

Tommy_Lou_Ramsower said:

He has a 7 year contract. The team is showing improvement. The staff can recruit. Even the BOR is happy we're taking one on the chin this year to get the program out of the bad publicity spotlight. He ain't goin' anywhere.
Improvement you say? I remember when we took Adrian Peterson's OU team to overtime. We showed a lot of improvement back then as well.
Pale Rider
ilbb990912 said:

timetraveler said:

tommie said:

Tommy_Lou_Ramsower said:

Eggactly!
80sBEAR
Rhule will be here four years whether he wins a game or not. The leadership is pleased as can be with the direction of Baylor Football and they really don't give a damn what us little people think. They have made that very clear. That is just the way things are and there is really not anything we can do about it.
PartyBear
80sBEAR said:

Rhule will be here four years whether he wins a game or not. The leadership is pleased as can be with the direction of Baylor Football and they really don't give a damn what us little people think. They have made that very clear. That is just the way things are and there is really not anything we can do about it.

They are completely incompetent. But I don't believe this conspiracy theory despite it being easy to believe. It is agains their interest to be bad. Especially when we have a football budget almost as big as Texas' and bigger now than LSU's, and OU's. They aren't doing all this to hardly win any games. Hence why I think Rhule is not as safe right now as some assume.
Quinton
PartyBear said:

Bear8084 said:

timetraveler said:

You might actually be the one eating crow a year from now or perhaps even less. I think with what we are paying everyone is expecting to win even the idiot wing of the BOR. Even that idiot wing wants to preside over great football and all it brings in especially when we are paying blue blood money to produce wins.
PB, its over for now sir. The board wants the program and school to fly under the radar. They don't have a vision to be great. They just wanted the pressure valve to be released. They know BU is full of people like them.. don't want to rock the boat and ultra self conscious so they weren't too worried about folks raising hell internally.
PartyBear
Just following the money that doesn't make sense. They could have and would have done that on a much, much smaller budget. Then after a couple of years go after a new staff with a blue blood budget if your theory was correct. Believe me these Regents want nothing more than to crow to the media and to the Baylor family that they told us so. And return to Homecoming in cocky fashion stating they told us they would bring in a winner. Stating they told us so that you don't have to be Briles or be like Briles to win big here and that they are an all knowing never make mistakes authority. Rhule is now in their way in a disastrous fashion and doing so on a blue blood budget. Now they may face air plane banners at HC restatig to everyone they are idiots.
Tommy_Lou_Ramsower
Bingo. We are paying blue blood money for 0-5.
80sBEAR
PartyBear said:

80sBEAR said:

They are completely incompetent. But I don't believe this conspiracy theory despite it being easy to believe. It is agains their interest to be bad. Especially when we have a football budget almost as big as Texas' and bigger now than LSU's, and OU's. They aren't doing all this to hardly win any games. Hence why I think Rhule is not as safe right now as some assume.
There are a handful of religious zealots on the BOR that are totally detached from reality. Their strong personalities have beaten the others into submission and reduced them to just warm bodies warming a chair. Most of them have more money than God. They still think we are in the 1960s. The success of Baylor Football in their opinions, took the light off of the Christian Mission and their overblown egos. They could not let that go on. If any of them cared about money or the revenue that football has been bringing in to the school, they would not have made the decisions they have the last eighteen months. Their egos are much bigger than Baylor. And here we are.
RegentCoverup
tommie said:

Tommy_Lou_Ramsower said:

It's not a question of getting rid of a bad coach. It's laying 3 mil on the table and a contract that says show up every day and it's yours.

I'm pretty sure Rhule wants to make 3 mil a year. I'm pretty sure the ignorant morons on the board have eliminated all of their viable options for coaches.

put those two together and you've got a coach that will be here next year rain or shine.
RegentCoverup
80sBEAR said:

There are a handful of religious zealots on the BOR that are totally detached from reality. Their strong personalities have beaten the others into submission and reduced them to just warm bodies warming a chair. Most of them have more money than God. They still think we are in the 1960s. The success of Baylor Football in their opinions, took the light off of the Christian Mission and their overblown egos. They could not let that go on. If any of them cared about money or the revenue that football has been bringing in to the school, they would not have made the decisions they have the last eighteen months. Their egos are much bigger than Baylor. And here we are.
Pretty good summation.

For the halo effect that has taken over Art's worshipper, these blowhard are convinced that winning in competitive college sports comes by bribing people and then taking credit for their success.

They aren't qualified to make the decision, but damn if they didn't suck their way onto the board, so they get to call the shots.

Believe me, had you heard some of the questions from the board members you'd have lost faith immediately that the majority had the experience to make this call.
Henry Gondorff
80sBEAR said:

PartyBear said:

80sBEAR said:

The real money at Baylor was not on the BOR during the scandal. Our players with triple commas are Drayton, Simpson, Williams, Umphreys, Turner, etc. (Yes, Hurd, Robinson and Beauchamp are wealthy, but not multi billionaire rich). While Turners wife is now on the board and Drayton is Chairman Emertus, most of these guys were in opposition.

Rather, the BOR leadership - Willis, Murff, Gray, Harper, etc - could collectively be bought and sold out with Williams couch money. They were clearly out of their league when overseeing the program and during the scandal. Basically, a bunch of business failures or lawyers without requisite experience or fortitude to deal with the matter....
Quinton
TellMeYouLoveMe said:

80sBEAR said:

Believe me, had you heard some of the questions from the board members you'd have lost faith immediately that the majority had the experience to make this call.
Please share some. I'd love to hear more about their incompetence. Crying uncontrollably at a board meeting was the thing that got me.
Tommy_Lou_Ramsower
https://www.baptiststandard.com/news/texas/written-pepper-hamilton-report-could-have-delayed-action-baylor-regents-say/

The Baylor Regents were qualified to make every decision because they were crying out to God. End of story.
Jacques Strap
Steele yourselves friends, he has 3 years.
hodedofome
80sBEAR said:

PartyBear said:

80sBEAR said:

Based on our W-L record this year we certainly are back in the 1960s.
RegentCoverup
Compounding said:

TellMeYouLoveMe said:

80sBEAR said:

Please share some. I'd love to hear more about their incompetence. Crying uncontrollably at a board meeting was the thing that got me.

I'd much prefer people ask and find out. Ask a)who asked the question of the candiates 2)who generated the list of candidates and 3) what the questions were that were asked. I don't want you to miss out on the glorious incompetence of the moment.

This is more than a fair question for the board to answer. If they want transparency, that's where they should start. Who asked the questions and what were they..

Some people are just football coaches and that's all they want to be. Privately, they might be excellent Christians, but they aren't interested in taking the pulpit. The board quickly cut off candidates that weren't interested in towing their line. Now, I don't want to suggest that I thinks it's automatic that Rhule is doomed to failure, but if that''s going to be our process for personnel decisions, I can see room for doubt.

RegentCoverup

And take a step back and ask yourself how transparent the board has been since the season started.

Not a peep.

I do think there are a few excellent leaders on the board, but they are far outweighed by the ineptitude of the others.
PartyBear
See what I mean. If we had a good coach we would be 4-1 and there would be no chatter out there about the competency or wisdom of our BOR. Rhule is becoming as big a liability to them and their image as they perceived Briles was. They need a winner here and badly.
Boatshoes
Tommy_Lou_Ramsower said:

Again, something that would matter if this occurred at an institution of football.

Look, translated into English, Garland basically said 'Baylor administration doesn't really care that much about winning and losing football games.' Rhule echoed that.

It is what it is.
PartyBear
Again just remember the Regents will throws anyone under the bus who makes them look bad. Their image is what is important. They will pay anything to fix that. Rhule is starting to make them look bad making. All the issues of their competence is coming up again and Rhule is causing that. He is getting in their way. They need a winner to make them look good.
Russell Gym
Last Page
Page 1 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.