Football
Sponsored by

What Did You Baylor "Fans" Do To Deserve Even 1 Victory This Season?

16,223 Views | 224 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by xiIedinok
Oldbear83
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Keyser Soze said:

Sounds like you assume 19 football players accused of assault by 17 victims either didn't happen or is commonplace. It's tin foil had material either way.

That is not even touching on the systematic failure to report players to Judicial Affairs.

There are zero equivalent situations. (And don't say Tenn, just no)

19 Baylor football players sexuallly assaulted 17 victims? Seriously?

When were they convicted?

Where is any real evidence it happened?

Where is any solid evidence any coach tried to cover up a crime?

Hell yes the BOR over-reacted.
That which does not kill me, will try again and get nastier
xiledinok
bobo said:

Keyser Soze said:

You are underselling the scandal

Nobody outside of the big 12 and the state of Texas even care any more. If they ever did The bor made this scandal a helluva lot worse with their incompetence. I've said before. We became big time with small time administrators and fixers in charge

The advertisers care. Art cannot get a job because of it.
Keyser Soze
If you are saying we didn't lie cheat & steal with the big boys you may be right, but you don't "fix" things, you do what is right.

Retaining those fixers after they got caught in a non starter.
Oldbear83
Keyser Soze said:

If you are saying we didn't lie cheat & steal with the big boys you may be right, but you don't "fix" things, you do what is right.

Retaining those fixers after they got caught in a non starter.
Firing scapegoats for someone else's guilt is a big non-starter for me. Falls even more into that 'do what is right' concept.

That which does not kill me, will try again and get nastier
Robert Wilson
You really can't compare this to other scandals after we poured gasoline on it. No telling what other people deal with without screwing up so badly.
Thee University
Robemcdo said:

Thee University said:

Baylor Wilson said:

Thee University said:

Seriously.

The attitudes you have towards our new coaching staff is embarrassing.

The attitudes you have towards our students who had their lives disrupted and in some cases assaulted is embarrassing.

The attitudes you have towards our BOR who were thrown into an impossible situation is embarrassing.

The Board of Regents is literally the group of people who created the situation in the first place. Until there are resignations no one in Baylor Nation should be silent.
The Board did not bring this element onto campus. The Board did not rape, assault or take advantage of students. The Board did not shift the reputation of our football program to one of taunting, acting classless and being above the law. The Board did not fail to reel these players in when discipline should have been enforced.

The Board simply reacted to protect something much larger than our football team.

True...Protected their own behinds
They protected ALL of our behinds. The run away, no discipline, arrogant, waiting on the next job coach got called out on the carpet and broke down like a widow woman when he realized his mouth overloaded his @$$.

I believe the BOR protected yours, mine and all other BU alumni's education value.
Thee University
Gust Avrakotos said:

Thee, it's great to see you back.

You don't come to the boards nearly as often as you used to.

Unfortunately, since we have fewer encounters these days I have to hold back my tough questions for you until I see you pop in for a drive by.

Glad you are back and I am happy that you are here to get in front of the mic.

Please address each question individually (and check your answers to ensure that you have actually answered the question that I asked).

1. Mr Thee...during the CAB regime you consistently complained about the Dancing NUGGS and sideline theatrics. There seemed to be weekly commentaries from you about the NUGGS and their embarrassment to the school. However, for some reason, you appear to be much more tolerant of Jersey's NUGGS and the lil' tykes **** show. Why is that? Why has the embarrassment of a circus sideline subsided?

2. Mr Thee..you have been adamantly opposed to bad defense. It was no secret that you despised the undisciplined and inconsistent play of CPB's D. We used to see weekly posts from you on how if only CAB would get with the program and hire a new DC, we could win a national championship. However, now that Yoda Snow is in place...and his defense is actually worse than CPB's....there is nary a peep from you on bad defense. Why is that?

3. Mr Thee...I recall repeated complaints from you regarding CAB's lack of focus on special teams. While I agree with you that our special teams were horrid....they are no better now. Yet, we hear no weekly cries for improvement from you. We don't hear any criticism of a coach that is pulling down 4M a year for 7yrs to improve special teams and discipline. Why is that?

4. Mr Thee...we are all well versed in your disdain for head coaches who hire "family members and buddies" to occupy roles on their staff. We heard ad nauseum of your disappointment with CAB hiring "Buddy Phil", "Jr" and "Son in Law" to his staff. You claimed that CAB should have shown more objectivity in selecting his staff and he was overly loyal because of his relationships. However, when Jersey went out and hired his Pedo U roommate to run the offense...we heard nothing from you. When we found out that this "roomie" had never called a single play in his career...it was crickets. When Pedo U roomie couldn't muster enough offense to beat cupcake liberty or UTSA...you sat back...rather than speaking out. Why is that?

Thee, the audience for this thread would really like to know the answers to the 4 questions above. We look forward to your thorough explanations.

Gust
You are not worthy.

D. C. Bear
Thee University said:

Robemcdo said:

Thee University said:

Baylor Wilson said:

Thee University said:

Seriously.

The attitudes you have towards our students who had their lives disrupted and in some cases assaulted is embarrassing.

The attitudes you have towards our BOR who were thrown into an impossible situation is embarrassing.

The Board of Regents is literally the group of people who created the situation in the first place. Until there are resignations no one in Baylor Nation should be silent.
The Board did not bring this element onto campus. The Board did not rape, assault or take advantage of students. The Board did not shift the reputation of our football program to one of taunting, acting classless and being above the law. The Board did not fail to reel these players in when discipline should have been enforced.

The Board simply reacted to protect something much larger than our football team.

They protected ALL of our behinds. The run away, no discipline, arrogant, waiting on the next job coach got called out on the carpet and broke down like a widow woman when he realized his mouth overloaded his @$$.

I believe the BOR protected yours, mine and all other BU alumni's education value.

Like an arsonist who wants credit for limiting the damage from a fire.
Thee University
D. C. Bear said:

Thee University said:

Robemcdo said:

Thee University said:

Baylor Wilson said:

Thee University said:

<Seriously.

The BOR set backfires to stem the damage done when the coach fired up his Ferrari, got out on I-35 headed South to Austin only to look in his rear view mirror and see a flame catching up to the hole he had in his gas tank. He ditched the orange Ferrari in Bruceville-Eddy, got ***** slapped in Troy by UT leadership and walked back home to Waco. Fires were raging all up and down the freeway but he did not lift a hand to stop them. This was beneath him.

Thank God The BOR called in the Bruceville-Eddy, Moody, Lorena, Hewitt and Pendelton VFDs and even manned a hose to save Waco from that raging prairie fire being blown north from the South winds (blow back from Austin).
D. C. Bear
Thee University said:

D. C. Bear said:

Thee University said:

Robemcdo said:

Thee University said:

Baylor Wilson said:

Thee University said:

<Seriously.

The BOR set backfires to stem the damage done when the coach fired up his Ferrari, got out on I-35 headed South to Austin only to look in his rear view mirror and see a flame catching up to the hole he had in his gas tank. He ditched the orange Ferrari in Bruceville-Eddy, got ***** slapped in Troy by UT leadership and walked back home to Waco. Fires were raging all up and down the freeway but he did not lift a hand to stop them. This was beneath him.

Thank God The BOR called in the Bruceville-Eddy, Moody, Lorena, Hewitt and Pendelton VFDs and even manned a hose to save Waco from that raging prairie fire being blown north from the South winds (blow back from Austin).

You're mad because he was interested in another job. That's pathetic.
Dman
Keyser Soze said:

What do you mean grossly overreact ?

There is not an institution in the world that wouldn't have fired the AD & Coach for what they did.

Based upon the same logic for those firings and epic mismanagement of this scandal,, there's not another university in the world who wouldn't have also replaced and dismissed this BoR.

Simple fact. The only reason they are still in place is because they don't answer to anyone. Period.
Dman
Thee. Name a current coach loyal to their school that would never leave or use the leverage of another schools interest to increase their pay. Name a school loyal to their coach that would never fire one due to "loyalty". This is a rent-a-gun business. Nothing more.
SicThe12
Thee University said:

Gust Avrakotos said:

Unfortunately, since we have fewer encounters these days I have to hold back my tough questions for you until I see you pop in for a drive by.

Please address each question individually (and check your answers to ensure that you have actually answered the question that I asked).

1. Mr Thee...during the CAB regime you consistently complained about the Dancing NUGGS and sideline theatrics. There seemed to be weekly commentaries from you about the NUGGS and their embarrassment to the school. However, for some reason, you appear to be much more tolerant of Jersey's NUGGS and the lil' tykes **** show. Why is that? Why has the embarrassment of a circus sideline subsided?

2. Mr Thee..you have been adamantly opposed to bad defense. It was no secret that you despised the undisciplined and inconsistent play of CPB's D. We used to see weekly posts from you on how if only CAB would get with the program and hire a new DC, we could win a national championship. However, now that Yoda Snow is in place...and his defense is actually worse than CPB's....there is nary a peep from you on bad defense. Why is that?

3. Mr Thee...I recall repeated complaints from you regarding CAB's lack of focus on special teams. While I agree with you that our special teams were horrid....they are no better now. Yet, we hear no weekly cries for improvement from you. We don't hear any criticism of a coach that is pulling down 4M a year for 7yrs to improve special teams and discipline. Why is that?

4. Mr Thee...we are all well versed in your disdain for head coaches who hire "family members and buddies" to occupy roles on their staff. We heard ad nauseum of your disappointment with CAB hiring "Buddy Phil", "Jr" and "Son in Law" to his staff. You claimed that CAB should have shown more objectivity in selecting his staff and he was overly loyal because of his relationships. However, when Jersey went out and hired his Pedo U roommate to run the offense...we heard nothing from you. When we found out that this "roomie" had never called a single play in his career...it was crickets. When Pedo U roomie couldn't muster enough offense to beat cupcake liberty or UTSA...you sat back...rather than speaking out. Why is that?

Thee, the audience for this thread would really like to know the answers to the 4 questions above. We look forward to your thorough explanations.

Gust
You are not worthy.

I think you would of been better off just pretending you didn't see this. Now we know you just don't have the answers.
303Bear
SicThe12 said:

I think you would of been better off just pretending you didn't see this. Now we know you just don't have the answers.
Answers are for limp wristed, pencil-necks, duh!

LIB,MR BEARS
Thee, when USC came calling on Coach Teaff, do you think he got a pay raise or a bonus out of the deal? Anything at all?
Thee University
D. C. Bear said:

Thee University said:

D. C. Bear said:

Thee University said:

Robemcdo said:

Thee University said:

Baylor Wilson said:

Thee University said:

<Seriously.

You're mad because he was interested in another job. That's pathetic.
You would still be curled up in a fetal position had he gone to UT.
LIB,MR BEARS
SicThe12 said:

Thee University said:

Gust Avrakotos said:

Gust
You are not worthy.

Thee is still the record holder at his old elementary school for most consecutive "I know you are.. But what am I''s. This single tactic has allowed him to remain undefeated for life in playground arguments.
Gust Avrakotos
Thee University said:

Gust Avrakotos said:

Gust
You are not worthy.

Figured as much......it's all for show Doak. There is no substance behind your position.
The Old BEAR
This Redneck-Pickup fellow is a total idiot. Who dug up this fool?
Thee University
LIB,MR BEARS said:

Thee, when USC came calling on Coach Teaff, do you think he got a pay raise or a bonus out of the deal? Anything at all?
What year was this? I never believed that GT would leave Baylor. He was not a good fit for USC anyway.

I know this much.....he was nearly fired after the 1978 season. The majority of the players thought he was gone. The 38-14 win over #9 Texas in the last game that year saved his job. We ended up 3-8 beating only A&M, UT and squeaked by TCU. We lost to Rice.
Thee University
Gust Avrakotos said:

Thee University said:

Gust Avrakotos said:

Gust
You are not worthy.

Figured as much......it's all for show Doak. There is no substance behind your position.
No. Those are stupid questions posed like a person with very little bass in his voice might ask.

Come back and ask the questions like a man and I will answer. Presentation matters. Yours above sounded gay.
LIB,MR BEARS
Thee University said:

LIB,MR BEARS said:

What year was this? I never believed that GT would leave Baylor. He was not a good fit for USC anyway.

I know this much.....he was nearly fired after the 1978 season. The majority of the players thought he was gone. The 38-14 win over #9 Texas in the last game that year saved his job. We ended up 3-8 beating only A&M, UT and squeaked by TCU. We lost to Rice.
http://articles.latimes.com/1986-12-15/sports/sp-2777_1_coaching-vacancy

Baylor football Coach Grant Teaff met with USC Athletic Director Mike McGee Thursday in Dallas to discuss the head coaching vacancy at USC, it was learned Sunday night.

Teaff wouldn't confirm or deny the meeting with McGee. Sources in Texas said that McGee was granted permission by the university to interview Teaff.

"My commitment and loyalty to Baylor runs very deep," Teaff told Dave Campbell, sports editor of the Waco, Tex., Tribune-Herald. "Our recruiting looks good and we're working very hard to get ready for a bowl game."

Baylor will play Colorado Dec. 31 in the Bluebonnet Bowl game at Houston.

"I will say that the USC job is one of the top five in college football in the country," Teaff said. "If I was forced to make any decision now, I'd stay with the Baylor program."

A source close to the Baylor athletic program said that McGee told Teaff the job carried with it a $250,000 base salary. He reportedly earns $80,000 a year as Baylor's coach.

So Thee, do you think he pulled in more than $80,000 in 1987? Do you think he used some slime-ball tactic like talking to USC to get more money?
CarelessBear
Thee University said:

Gust Avrakotos said:

Thee University said:

Gust Avrakotos said:

Gust
You are not worthy.

No. Those are stupid questions posed like a person with very little bass in his voice might ask.

Come back and ask the questions like a man and I will answer. Presentation matters. Yours above sounded gay.
Homophobia isn't part of Baylors Christian mission.
LIB,MR BEARS
Thee University said:

Gust Avrakotos said:

Thee University said:

Gust Avrakotos said:

Gust
You are not worthy.

You're pathetic! Defend your position or get off the playground, boy.
Thee University
Well I hope he got more $$$$.

The regents probably jacked him up to $100K.

GT was loyal to BU.
Thee University
CarelessBear said:

Thee University said:

Gust Avrakotos said:

Thee University said:

Gust Avrakotos said:

Gust
You are not worthy.

Homophobia isn't part of Baylors Christian mission.
I'm not a part of Baylor's Christian Mission!

Besides, I'm not afraid of homosexuals, transgender or whatever else there is out there.
Thee University
LIB,MR BEARS said:

Thee University said:

Gust Avrakotos said:

Thee University said:

Gust Avrakotos said:

Gust
You are not worthy.

Make me!

My position is known ad nauseam. I get tired of typing it over and over.
LIB,MR BEARS
Thee University said:

LIB,MR BEARS said:

Thee University said:

Gust Avrakotos said:

Thee University said:

Gust Avrakotos said:

Gust
You are not worthy.

Make me!

My position is known ad nauseam. I get tired of typing it over and over.
You and your keyboard help make my case for playground argument champion. "Make me!" Really?
Robemcdo
Gust Avrakotos said:

Gust

This might be your finest work
Thee University
OK.

Since I really have answered these questions before I will condense it for you my loving fans.

All 4 questions can be answered with - I gave Reedy, Roberts, Steele, Morriss & Briles kitchen passes in Year 1. Some even got a partial pass into Year 2. It is too early to rule on Rhule!

Now, I can't let that suffice, Small expansions:

1. I made fun of the Nuggs. That's all. I did not know of the Tykes thing until a few games in because I don't go to Patsy Parade games in September. When it was explained to me I called it Bush League.
2. Bennett rode shotgun over the #120 D his first season and #124 D his second season. Snow will be great when he gets his players in. It's not like the previous group recruited much D for Snow to work with. We need Snow's type of players.
3. Special Teams is a disappointment. It looks very similar to previous years. Again, wait for Year 2.
4. I honestly did not know about the roomie hire until a few weeks ago. Our O has been on and off. We are thin and you cannot tell me you have not seen some signs of life. Patience. It is no longer a track meet.

In closing let me save my fingers some typing blisters. Know this.........you cannot break me, you cannot change my mind, I will not take my size 13 boot off your pencil necks until you come around and show signs of being a competitor instead of a quitter. I refuse to let you quit.

Give Rhule a chance. He deserves it. Most importantly the kids deserve it.
william
Limited IQ Redneck in PU said:

The new coaching staff is an embarrassment.
Liberty
Duke
Utsa

You insulted CAB and staff while they were nationally ranked and competing for championships. Now you support a coach that can't pick his starting qb. You are an embarrassment.

you wouldn't know Bud Jones even if he bit you on yer pasty white sweet-cheeked ass......

wh/ Bud Jones might do .... if he were still alive .....

RIP Bud Jones!

- BUmma

historian
It's not about what we the fans did, it's about what the players did. They worked their butts off and put in a great deal of effort for a beleaguered program that was betrayed by the incompetent BOR and greatly maligned by the press--apparently based mostly on gossip, innuendo, & lies (AND THERE STILL IS NO REAL EVIDENCE).

The players also have endured an amazing number of injuries and other setbacks, but no legal problems that I've heard anything about. Considering that the press are certainly ready to pounce on any kind of accusation, that in itself is significant. I will give the coaching staff credit for improving team discipline both on and off the field. I think we have far fewer penalties this season than in recent years.

These players still deserve our support and I will be in Waco on Saturday cheering my team on. Hopefully they will get another victory and maybe next week we will have a miracle in Ft. Worth. That is, if our coaches finally figure out a few things about Big 12 offense!!
Stretch
Caught right in the cross hairs and being the main over sight of what is perceived by so many as one of college footballs largest scandals it is still puzzling that Ian was able to get another shot at an AD job much less as quickly as he did. My thought Is the BOR instructed Ian to do the termination in exchange for a favorable reference in his attempt to get another job. Personally his ass should have been gone the same day as Art if your cleaning. Also I'm still waiting on the courts ruling as to whether to disclose student records that the BOR is venomously fighting with the excuse of student privacy. My gut tells me if they are admitted it will blow the lid of how systemic the failure was toward victims of rape were campus wide. Not just football.
Keyser Soze
Oldbear83 said:

Keyser Soze said:

Sounds like you assume 19 football players accused of assault by 17 victims either didn't happen or is commonplace. It's tin foil had material either way.

That is not even touching on the systematic failure to report players to Judicial Affairs.

There are zero equivalent situations. (And don't say Tenn, just no)

19 Baylor football players sexuallly assaulted 17 victims? Seriously?

When were they convicted?

Where is any real evidence it happened?

Where is any solid evidence any coach tried to cover up a crime?

Hell yes the BOR over-reacted.
Do you believe the Holocaust happened?
PartyBear
Stretch said:

Caught right in the cross hairs and being the main over sight of what is perceived by so many as one of college footballs largest scandals it is still puzzling that Ian was able to get another shot at an AD job much less as quickly as he did. My thought Is the BOR instructed Ian to do the termination in exchange for a favorable reference in his attempt to get another job. Personally his ass should have been gone the same day as Art if your cleaning. Also I'm still waiting on the courts ruling as to whether to disclose student records that the BOR is venomously fighting with the excuse of student privacy. My gut tells me if they are admitted it will blow the lid of how systemic the failure was toward victims of rape were campus wide. Not just football.

I think what you would find is that Baylor's Regents view white on white sexual violence as not really sexua violence but white tarts drinking and asking for excitement and as of even today needs to be covered up. Black on white sexual violence freaks them out and makes hem do so even in public. They are scared shxtless of being exposed. I predict the federal judge in the case will order the information to be handed over.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.