Football
Sponsored by

What Did You Baylor "Fans" Do To Deserve Even 1 Victory This Season?

16,213 Views | 224 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by xiIedinok
Gust Avrakotos
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Doug said:

Gust Avrakotos said:

Doug said:

Gust Avrakotos said:

Doug said:

I have the misfortune of seeing Arthur Ray Briles, 2 or 3 times a week. His mailbox is in the same section as mine in the Horseshoe Bay Post Office. He doesn't come by car, he comes on an ATV that he takes from Escondido to the post office across a grassy field. He parks it on the side of the post office... out of view. Art doesn't want to be seen. Art is a total recluse in Horseshoe Bay. Outside of his post office trips and a standing breakfast at 6:00am at Julies, no one ever sees him. The man has a membership to Escondido. A private compound, with a guardhouse at the front. It is not accessible to the public. It's Art's little private world. He looks tired, shaggy, and gray. He is a prisoner of the world he created. You speak to him at the post office.. he doesn't speak back. He will live and die at Escondido. He's going no where. He will never get another coaching job. He knows it.. the people of Horseshoe Bay know it. He has no one to blame but himself. He gets no pity from his fellow residents. The man is a recluse... people like it that way. They want nothing to do with him. He is a prisoner of the world he created. Horseshoe Bay proudly claimed Spike Dykes, Emmory Bellard, Fred Akers, and DKR as residents... no one acknowledges the residence of Briles.
wow..if this is really true.....how sad it is.

I know...Art made his bed and he has to lay in it. But what could have been. Jeez.
It's not sad, it's reality. Briles has been tried in the court of public opinion. He lost in an overpowering way. Instead of trying to clear his name, he has gone underground. That was his choice. What is unique is that his only support and semblance of backing comes from the small handful of Millennials of Baylor University, and some left-over old coaches, who would support ANY coach still breathing. It just goes to show... to some, winning is everything. How you achieve it... not important.
It is sad to me...because I think about what could have been. Call it what you will.
What it could have been? Don't you mean what it would have been? Some girl found dead, so that she couldn't talk after being raped. I am so thankful that it got exposed when it did. it would have been so much worse. No silly game is worth a person's life.
What in the living F? I never said that the game was worth more than a person's life...nor did I ever imply that.

Art made a huge mistake and he will pay for it for the rest of his life. I don't give a flying you know what what you call it...that is SAD to me that a man's life was ruined by poor choices. Don't freaking assume that it would have resulted in a homicide. You don't know what would have happened and neither do I. But what did happen to the victims is TRAGIC and it is SAD to see what has become of Art.

I'd love to see the stupid crap you have done plastered all over the media for the world to see. Same for Thee. It's real easy to line up murder and mayhem for others when your skeletons are safe and cozy under wraps.

Gust

Gust Avrakotos
Is the Doug that is posting in this thread "Man Gold" Doug?
xiledinok
Doug said:

xiledinok said:

Doug makes it sound like Art is driving down home values.
I'd bet Doug knows what those real estate agents tell prospective buyers when they find out the world famous ex ball coach featured in the WSJ is a potential neighbor.
You poll 100 local residents on the subject, they would ask you... "Who's Art Briles?" Most don't care and have no opinion. Spike was very popular, but that was for all he did for the community. Briles has done nothing.

Spike was a decent man. Those wonderful people from Midland know how fortunate they were to have him as an ambassador for their community.

Rex's family was in Ruston. They are a staff member's family.
What would have happened questions aren't popular to the robe touchers. Example, what if a pissed off daddy with money had taken upon himself to seek justice while our administration, athletic department and others discarded their precious little daughter's ass?
Fyi, the race card is out on the table. It was pulled out this week. The character card trumps that garbage it seems.
LIB,MR BEARS
Gust Avrakotos said:

Grammar says "no".
Baylor Wilson
Doug said:

LIB,MR BEARS said:

Doug said:

Gust Avrakotos said:

Doug said:

I have the misfortune of seeing Arthur Ray Briles, 2 or 3 times a week. His mailbox is in the same section as mine in the Horseshoe Bay Post Office. He doesn't come by car, he comes on an ATV that he takes from Escondido to the post office across a grassy field. He parks it on the side of the post office... out of view. Art doesn't want to be seen. Art is a total recluse in Horseshoe Bay. Outside of his post office trips and a standing breakfast at 6:00am at Julies, no one ever sees him. The man has a membership to Escondido. A private compound, with a guardhouse at the front. It is not accessible to the public. It's Art's little private world. He looks tired, shaggy, and gray. He is a prisoner of the world he created. You speak to him at the post office.. he doesn't speak back. He will live and die at Escondido. He's going no where. He will never get another coaching job. He knows it.. the people of Horseshoe Bay know it. He has no one to blame but himself. He gets no pity from his fellow residents. The man is a recluse... people like it that way. They want nothing to do with him. He is a prisoner of the world he created. Horseshoe Bay proudly claimed Spike Dykes, Emmory Bellard, Fred Akers, and DKR as residents... no one acknowledges the residence of Briles.

I know...Art made his bed and he has to lay in it. But what could have been. Jeez.
It's not sad, it's reality. Briles has been tried in the court of public opinion. He lost in an overpowering way. Instead of trying to clear his name, he has gone underground. That was his choice. What is unique is that his only support and semblance of backing comes from the small handful of Millennials of Baylor University, and some left-over old coaches, who would support ANY coach still breathing. It just goes to show... to some, winning is everything. How you achieve it... not important.

That is not unique to football. It can be seen on college BORs as well. People will sell their soul and all those around them to remain on the board or any position of power.

Doug, do you know anyone like that?
The vast majority of Americans could care less about BORs. A select few raised issue on the Baylor front. Mark White is dead, Ferguson is in poor health, and the rest have gone to putting up Christmas decorations. That little spat is long over... The BOR won.

The war isn't over just yet. Hopefully John Eddie Williams and the rest of Bears for Leadership Reform can find some success.
D. C. Bear
LIB,MR BEARS said:

Gust Avrakotos said:

Grammar says "no".

Man Gold?
Thee University
LIB,MR BEARS said:

Thee University said:

Gust Avrakotos said:

Thee University said:

OK.

Since I really have answered these questions before I will condense it for you my loving fans.

All 4 questions can be answered with - I gave Reedy, Roberts, Steele, Morriss & Briles kitchen passes in Year 1. Some even got a partial pass into Year 2. It is too early to rule on Rhule!

Now, I can't let that suffice, Small expansions:

1. I made fun of the Nuggs. That's all. I did not know of the Tykes thing until a few games in because I don't go to Patsy Parade games in September. When it was explained to me I called it Bush League.
2. Bennett rode shotgun over the #120 D his first season and #124 D his second season. Snow will be great when he gets his players in. It's not like the previous group recruited much D for Snow to work with. We need Snow's type of players.
3. Special Teams is a disappointment. It looks very similar to previous years. Again, wait for Year 2.
4. I honestly did not know about the roomie hire until a few weeks ago. Our O has been on and off. We are thin and you cannot tell me you have not seen some signs of life. Patience. It is no longer a track meet.

In closing let me save my fingers some typing blisters. Know this.........you cannot break me, you cannot change my mind, I will not take my size 13 boot off your pencil necks until you come around and show signs of being a competitor instead of a quitter. I refuse to let you quit.

Give Rhule a chance. He deserves it. Most importantly the kids deserve it.
Mr Thee.....On the surface, some may give you credit for responding....but I don't. This rebuttal did not come from a thick necked, convex chested, 6'4" 220 lb All American LB. These words came from a cheezit eating, fruit by the foot unraveling, pencil-necked, orange slice gobbling, weakling.

Let me expand on my comments. Are you STILL claiming ignorance to the "Lil Tykes **** Show" and "Jersey NUGGs"? You've known about them since Sept because we alerted you to them immediately when they arrived on the scenes. But you choose to plead ignorance?!?!?!?!?

Under the Briles regime, you posted weekly about the NUGGS and what their latest stunt was (wearing masks). You haven't posted a freaking thing about Jersey's NUGGS since they came on the scene. Instead, your response to all of us has been....."Oh Gust, I couldn't comment on Jersey's NUGG's because I didn't know about Jersey's NUGGS until just now. I don't go to games in Sept...so WHO KNEW?"

That's a limp wristed response Mr Thee.

I won't detail the remainder of your response to the rest of the questions because it is just more of the same. "I DIDN'T KNOW ABOUT THE GUY...Gust or.....this is "ALL NEW" to me Gust....or "JUST GIVE HIM UNTIL YEAR 2 GUST".

It's sad to see a once tough, football hero for the green and gold....lose neck circumference and suffer a chest reversal. I guess what they say is true...it happens to the best of them.

The MR THEE as we once knew him is now a shell of himself.

Gust
OK. I caved in to a high school band member named Gust.

I was never tough. I was no hero. Neck is same. Chest dropped.

I am a shell of myself.

Pleading ignorance could also mean I don't read bad BS posted by folks that obviously know nothing about competing at the major college football level. Sorry. You are one of them and there are many on 365.

Do you play tuba or flute?
You lie! Your neck is not the same. That is a second chin-maybe even a third.
2nd, 3rd or 4th.........I still button it up at 19.5 to 20.0.
MilliVanilli
Baylor Wilson said:

Doug said:

LIB,MR BEARS said:

Doug said:

Gust Avrakotos said:

Doug said:

That is not unique to football. It can be seen on college BORs as well. People will sell their soul and all those around them to remain on the board or any position of power.

Doug, do you know anyone like that?
The vast majority of Americans could care less about BORs. A select few raised issue on the Baylor front. Mark White is dead, Ferguson is in poor health, and the rest have gone to putting up Christmas decorations. That little spat is long over... The BOR won.

The war isn't over just yet. Hopefully John Eddie Williams and the rest of Bears for Leadership Reform can find some success.
Live shot of cabers.

Gust Avrakotos
D. C. Bear said:

LIB,MR BEARS said:

Gust Avrakotos said:

Grammar says "no".

Man Gold?
Yes, BEAR....or Man Gold Doug was known for fake tanning and his jewelry.
D. C. Bear
Gust Avrakotos said:

D. C. Bear said:

LIB,MR BEARS said:

Gust Avrakotos said:

Grammar says "no".

Man Gold?

Did he figure out how to use spell check?
Thee University
BLR is still alive?

Did they declare a single victory?

Anything?

Gust Avrakotos
Mothra said:

Thee University said:

Mothra said:

D. C. Bear said:

Thee University said:

D. C. Bear said:

Thee University said:

Robemcdo said:

Thee University said:

Baylor Wilson said:

Thee University said:

M?<Seriously.

The attitudes you have towards our new coaching staff is embarrassing.

The attitudes you have towards our students who had their lives disrupted and in some cases assaulted is embarrassing.

The attitudes you have towards our BOR who were thrown into an impossible situation is embarrassing.

The Board of Regents is literally the group of people who created the situation in the first place. Until there are resignations no one in Baylor Nation should be silent.
The Board did not bring this element onto campus. The Board did not rape, assault or take advantage of students. The Board did not shift the reputation of our football program to one of taunting, acting classless and being above the law. The Board did not fail to reel these players in when discipline should have been enforced.

The Board simply reacted to protect something much larger than our football team.

True...Protected their own behinds
They protected ALL of our behinds. The run away, no discipline, arrogant, waiting on the next job coach got called out on the carpet and broke down like a widow woman when he realized his mouth overloaded his @$$.

I believe the BOR protected yours, mine and all other BU alumni's education value.

Like an arsonist who wants credit for limiting the damage from a fire.
The BOR set backfires to stem the damage done when the coach fired up his Ferrari, got out on I-35 headed South to Austin only to look in his rear view mirror and see a flame catching up to the hole he had in his gas tank. He ditched the orange Ferrari in Bruceville-Eddy, got ***** slapped in Troy by UT leadership and walked back home to Waco. Fires were raging all up and down the freeway but he did not lift a hand to stop them. This was beneath him.

Thank God The BOR called in the Bruceville-Eddy, Moody, Lorena, Hewitt and Pendelton VFDs and even manned a hose to save Waco from that raging prairie fire being blown north from the South winds (blow back from Austin).

You're mad because he was interested in another job. That's pathetic.

The irony is CMR did the exact thing he is so pissed at Briles about - left Temple for a bigger program and more money - but of course we see no mention of that.

It is NOT exact. It is the manner in which he tried to leave us. It is the running Baylor into the ground before trying to leave us. Rhule left with no baggage left behind at Temple. Briles allowed an out of control fire to burn us to the ground. Huge difference.
Oh please. Stop backing off your stupid statements and own up to them. We are not talking about the scandal. You constantly complained about the lack of loyalty of Briles in flirting with UT. You say, Teaff never did that. So, let's not pretend you were talking about the scandal.

At the time Briles was flirting with UT, our program had loads of talent and went on to have its greatest season after that. It's the lack of loyalty you were upset about. You're a hypocrite for calling out Briles of lack of loyalty while ignoring the fact Rhule did the same thing.
Thee is right about this. Jersey didn't leave anything behind at Temple besides a below average football team.

Not a trace of baggage and not an ounce of sustainability.
Thee University
Mothra said:

Thee University said:

Mothra said:

D. C. Bear said:

Thee University said:

D. C. Bear said:

Thee University said:

Robemcdo said:

Thee University said:

Baylor Wilson said:

Thee University said:

M?<Seriously.

The attitudes you have towards our new coaching staff is embarrassing.

The attitudes you have towards our students who had their lives disrupted and in some cases assaulted is embarrassing.

The attitudes you have towards our BOR who were thrown into an impossible situation is embarrassing.

The Board of Regents is literally the group of people who created the situation in the first place. Until there are resignations no one in Baylor Nation should be silent.
The Board did not bring this element onto campus. The Board did not rape, assault or take advantage of students. The Board did not shift the reputation of our football program to one of taunting, acting classless and being above the law. The Board did not fail to reel these players in when discipline should have been enforced.

The Board simply reacted to protect something much larger than our football team.

True...Protected their own behinds
They protected ALL of our behinds. The run away, no discipline, arrogant, waiting on the next job coach got called out on the carpet and broke down like a widow woman when he realized his mouth overloaded his @$$.

I believe the BOR protected yours, mine and all other BU alumni's education value.

Like an arsonist who wants credit for limiting the damage from a fire.
The BOR set backfires to stem the damage done when the coach fired up his Ferrari, got out on I-35 headed South to Austin only to look in his rear view mirror and see a flame catching up to the hole he had in his gas tank. He ditched the orange Ferrari in Bruceville-Eddy, got ***** slapped in Troy by UT leadership and walked back home to Waco. Fires were raging all up and down the freeway but he did not lift a hand to stop them. This was beneath him.

Thank God The BOR called in the Bruceville-Eddy, Moody, Lorena, Hewitt and Pendelton VFDs and even manned a hose to save Waco from that raging prairie fire being blown north from the South winds (blow back from Austin).

You're mad because he was interested in another job. That's pathetic.

The irony is CMR did the exact thing he is so pissed at Briles about - left Temple for a bigger program and more money - but of course we see no mention of that.

It is NOT exact. It is the manner in which he tried to leave us. It is the running Baylor into the ground before trying to leave us. Rhule left with no baggage left behind at Temple. Briles allowed an out of control fire to burn us to the ground. Huge difference.
Oh please. Stop backing off your stupid statements and own up to them. We are not talking about the scandal. You constantly complained about the lack of loyalty of Briles in flirting with UT. You say, Teaff never did that. So, let's not pretend you were talking about the scandal.

At the time Briles was flirting with UT, our program had loads of talent and went on to have its greatest season after that. It's the lack of loyalty you were upset about. You're a hypocrite for calling out Briles of lack of loyalty while ignoring the fact Rhule did the same thing.
Liar! I was not constantly complaining about Art's loyalty. As a matter of fact it was just the past couple of months that I started believing he was shopping/lobbying hard.

I could care less about any coach's loyalty other than the coach we have. You get more ignorant with each passing week.

I'm a competitor. I play to win. You seem to be a quitter and crybaby.
The Old BEAR
Thee University said:

BLR is still alive?

Anything?

Their little website has gone stale. Nothing from them since August. Looks like they have packed their Ditty Bag and gone home. May be "cruise season" for John Eddie. He's a lone camper now.
Gust Avrakotos
D. C. Bear said:

Gust Avrakotos said:

D. C. Bear said:

LIB,MR BEARS said:

Gust Avrakotos said:

Grammar says "no".

Man Gold?

Did he figure out how to use spell check?
I have no clue...but he's on the thread...do you want to ask him?
xiIedinok
Doug said:

Thee University said:

BLR is still alive?

Anything?

Their little website has gone stale. Nothing from them since August. Looks like they have packed their Ditty Bag and gone home. May be "cruise season" for John Eddie. He's a lone camper now.

How about Bob Simpson?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.