Football
Sponsored by

Announced attendance?

7,010 Views | 65 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by PartyBear
CarelessBear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Did we break 30k? It didn't look good on TV.
Robemcdo
Espn showed 40K
JumboShrimper
Was there and it felt at most 30k were there. That's what 1-9 will do.
57Bear
Positive Bear said:

I'm thinking that BU will not increase the stadium seating for 2018.
Krieg
Positive Bear said:

This. Might've been slightly below 30k even.
cowboycwr
I'm sure the announced was 10k or more then the actual attendance.
Robert Wilson
It was in the 20s.
Krieg
My favorite part of the attendance? Few of the "process" guys on here even attend. It makes sense, though, as you can't tell just how bad it is without seeing us lineup, look confused, realign, switch personnel out with 15 seconds left on the play clock, etc. It's not just the 1-10, it's the complete lack of execution on the coaching end of things. TV misses all of that stuff but it's brutal in person.
YoakDaddy
I was there and estimate about 38k at most during the 1st quarter. Attendees started bailing middle of the 4th quarter as usual.
Robert Wilson
Krieg said:

My favorite part of the attendance? Few of the "process" guys on here even attend. It makes sense, though, as you can't tell just how bad it is without seeing us lineup, look confused, realign, switch personnel out with 15 seconds left on the play clock, etc. It's not just the 1-10, it's the complete lack of execution on the coaching end of things. TV misses all of that stuff but it's brutal in person.

Yeah, my guess is that I'm sitting there watching this crap while most regents and many pompous posters are doing other things.
cowboycwr
Robert Wilson said:

Krieg said:

Yeah, my guess is that I'm sitting there watching this crap while most regents and many pompous posters are doing other things.

I bet even the regents that attend don't watch the game. They are all at bars all over up there and lounging around in all the areas away of view of the field.
PartyBear
There is no way the stadium was 2/3 full to all the people estimating about 30k. It really was at about 1/2 capacity at the most. I will say it has been constructed intentionally or unintentionally very well for an era such as we are in now. The acoustics made the crowd sound louder than it was and a good number of the seats are either green or have green chairbacks. So there is Baylor color filling in empty spaces.
Robert Wilson
PartyBear said:

There is no way the stadium was 2/3 full to all the people estimating about 30k. It really was at about 1/2 capacity at the most.

Agree
lakersfan34
PartyBear said:

There is no way the stadium was 2/3 full to all the people estimating about 30k. It really was at about 1/2 capacity at the most.
I agree, it was at best 1/2 full. The end-zone upper deck was empty, the bern had about 10 people at most. That being said, I expected worse for today. The crowd filed out throughout halftime and second half. Quite frankly, the product is boring and uninspiring.

As for the process, I have seen the same disorganized, sloppy play throughout all of these home games all season. At no point during the game did I feel that Iowa State was worried about losing. In fact, they basically ran the most vanilla and conservative game plan on both sides, daring Baylor to make a mistake, which they were more than happy to do.

Honestly, I am lost with this hope and optimism for next year that others proclaim after attending these games. Where does this sentiment come from? Is it all from how a coach speaks and acts? The game performance does not correlate to the level of belief from these fans. I hope it comes true as a long-time fan, but I honestly think those believing this are being deceived.
ColomboLQ
lakersfan34 said:

PartyBear said:

I agree, it was at best 1/2 full. The end-zone upper deck was empty, the bern had about 10 people at most. That being said, I expected worse for today. The crowd filed out throughout halftime and second half. Quite frankly, the product is boring and uninspiring.

As for the process, I have seen the same disorganized, sloppy play throughout all of these home games all season. At no point during the game did I feel that Iowa State was worried about losing. In fact, they basically ran the most vanilla and conservative game plan on both sides, daring Baylor to make a mistake, which they were more than happy to do.

Honestly, I am lost with this hope and optimism for next year that others proclaim after attending these games. Where does this sentiment come from? Is it all from how a coach speaks and acts? The game performance does not correlate to the level of belief from these fans. I hope it comes true as a long-time fan, but I honestly think those believing this are being deceived.

Don't worry. A few weeks or even months from now, the ISU game will go down as another "winnable" game to several posters on this site. Just wait for it.
Volunteer
Actual attendance was no more than 25,000. Probably a lot less than that. Embarrassing. Upper deck in the end zone was essentially void of people.
NoBSU
ColomboLQ said:

lakersfan34 said:

PartyBear said:

Don't worry. A few weeks or even months from now, the ISU game will go down as another "winnable" game to several posters on this site. Just wait for it.
Why on earth would you have a problem with someone thinking the game was winnable? Hasn't that been the issue with you and others that we are losing when we should have been winning?
BUGWBBear
CarelessBear said:

I ignored it. Morris never gets anything right. His eyesight in today's game was appalling. I think he referenced names that never existed on the Baylor or Cyclone roster. No chance in hell he got the attendance right.
NoBSU
BUGWBBear said:

CarelessBear said:

I ignored it. Morris never gets anything right. His eyesight in today's game was appalling. I think he referenced names that never existed on the Baylor or Cyclone roster. No chance in hell he got the attendance right.
His play calls often lag the crowds cheers. Meaning he does the play-by-play after the play is complete and sometimes still misses key information.
dallas4bears
Positive Bear said:

Get used to it.
Osodecentx
Regents said 90,000
ColomboLQ
NoBSU said:

ColomboLQ said:

lakersfan34 said:

PartyBear said:

Why on earth would you have a problem with someone thinking the game was winnable? Hasn't that been the issue with you and others that we are losing when we should have been winning?

Because it becomes revisionist history. A fake story told to make things seem better than they actually are.
PartyBear
Osodecentx said:

Regents said 90,000

They were counting the people watching it on Tv.

All joking aside this was the worst home attendance I have seen since 2002. I don't even think when the Morriss era was in its death bed in 2007 there was ever a crowd this small. I'm going to guess that more than anything else sent a message that Baylor folks are pissed about everything and that stadium can't be paid for with this type of support and shxtty product.

I mentioned this on another thread and not sure I mentioned it here. About half the tailgate lots were being used by their tenants yesterday. Which also feeds the message of attendance. You are headed into financial crisis if you don't fix this really soon.
BUrbon
Many on alumni side were empty. Terrible showing, but I can understand.
I can now say I have witnessed in 5 yrs the longest home win streak and losing streak.
NoBSU
ColomboLQ said:

NoBSU said:

ColomboLQ said:

lakersfan34 said:

PartyBear said:

Because it becomes revisionist history. A fake story told to make things seem better than they actually are.
Well we can't have that can we. We need this to be 110% on Rhule the whole offseason. We need every recruit news bit to be negative. Horrible class. Disastrous Spring ball. We need to prevent player mistakes and injuries to not be considered for even 0.00000001% of the problem. I saw quite few posters yesterday hoping Rhule would go Patterson. Get out of the offensive side and focus on building a strong D. That talk had a glimmer of optimism that we should stomp out immediately.
NoBSU

Brian, can I get a few of these clear glass containers? We have some quality estimators on the free board that are going to get rusty in the off-season. Sure, they will have the Spring game. But I am thinking that we could have a monthly "guess how many in the jar" contest. I will start off with say Christmas M&Ms. Then I will rotate quality candies like Skittles, Runts, Boston - baked beans (I will call them Jersey - baked beans to sound cute), Chocolate for February, Rainbow bubble - gum eggs for Easter (no Cadbury Eggs, my position on that disease is well-known), and maybe something special for the Spring game - Cottonseeds. Get it. Kind of Drew corny like painting the practice court border to match the next final four court. I can get these guys ready for September 2018. I will take care of the candy if you can get me the decanters.

Boatshoes
NoBSU said:

Well we can't have that can we. We need this to be 110% on Rhule the whole offseason.

Well, he is the head coach. So yeah, it is kind of on him even if you underestimated the percentage.
ColomboLQ
NoBSU said:

ColomboLQ said:

NoBSU said:

ColomboLQ said:

lakersfan34 said:

PartyBear said:

Well we can't have that can we. We need this to be 110% on Rhule the whole offseason. We need every recruit news bit to be negative. Horrible class. Disastrous Spring ball. We need to prevent player mistakes and injuries to not be considered for even 0.00000001% of the problem. I saw quite few posters yesterday hoping Rhule would go Patterson. Get out of the offensive side and focus on building a strong D. That talk had a glimmer of optimism that we should stomp out immediately.

What in the world are talking about?? Did you forget to take your meds last night/ this morning? Did X or Milli take control of your computer today?
NoBSU
ColomboLQ said:

NoBSU said:

ColomboLQ said:

NoBSU said:

ColomboLQ said:

lakersfan34 said:

PartyBear said:

What in the world are talking about?? Did you forget to take your meds last night/ this morning? Did X or Milli take control of your computer today?
Thanks for the health concern, but I took my blood pressure medicine early. All me.

I think you meant have I had my vaccinations. You seem to be innoculating the board against people objecting to your future arguments. People are not happy with Rhule and the season. They may not 100% agree with you future threads and posts. Prepare for it.
BU77
BUGWBBear said:

CarelessBear said:

"OHHHH!!! Almost incompleted..."

- John Morris, ISU game.
NoBSU
BU77 said:

BUGWBBear said:

CarelessBear said:

"OHHHH!!! Almost incompleted..."

- John Morris, ISU game.

Lol. I heard that one.
ColomboLQ
NoBSU said:

ColomboLQ said:

NoBSU said:

ColomboLQ said:

NoBSU said:

ColomboLQ said:

lakersfan34 said:

PartyBear said:

Thanks for the health concern, but I took my blood pressure medicine early. All me.

I think you meant have I had my vaccinations. You seem to be innoculating the board against people objecting to your future arguments. People are not happy with Rhule and the season. They may not 100% agree with you future threads and posts. Prepare for it.

Believe it or not, there are several people that dont agree with my posts today. Its giving me great practice to be prepared for the future. Thanks.
Chanceux
I'd estimate it at terrible. Worst attendance I reckon I've see at the new joint. Was like being back at the case. Dismal.
VN 68
The Waco paper said it was a sparse crowd.
NoBSU
ColomboLQ said:

NoBSU said:

ColomboLQ said:

NoBSU said:

ColomboLQ said:

NoBSU said:

ColomboLQ said:

lakersfan34 said:

PartyBear said:

Believe it or not, there are several people that dont agree with my posts today. Its giving me great practice to be prepared for the future. Thanks.
Oops. I didn't realize someone else was engaging you. I don't want to be called for chop blocking.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.