Football
Sponsored by

Chad Morris to Ark?

17,641 Views | 115 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by MilliVanilli
BUGWBBear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
MilliVanilli said:

Robert Wilson said:

Gust Avrakotos said:

We should have hired Chad Morris.

What a monumental mistake.

Many on this board swore we did.

Did we not?
I know some very beloved Briles players that scoffed at the idea of Morris and were very pleased with the Rhule hire.

But hey, what insight would they have.

After 1-11? I'm sure they're happy as dog shyte right now.

vanillabryce
Again, trying to label me as a CABer so you can pretend you're being attacked. I think you have some seeded issues that you need to resolve.

Get off the internet and go see a psychologist.
Private Pyle
Yogi said:

MilliVanilli said:

Gust Avrakotos said:

BS....all first year coaches go 1-11. We're told on this board that a coaching change sets a program back 5yrs at a minimum.
Look, if they don't have your usual tampons available at the corner drug store either get something else or go to a different store.

Who else here believes that Baylor fans deserve another bulletin board option when premium posters like me can be banned but ****** bags like Milli can post with impunity?

That's why these bulletin boards fail.

Same happened to Ghostrider. That guy was an awesome poster. Miss him dearly.
Private Pyle
Chanceux said:

boognish_bear said:

Why did you get banned?
Prolly because he doesn't work for Baylor and personally know the sicem staff.
funny thing is that he does know them. Yogi just doesn't toe the company line.
BUBear24
Private Pyle said:

Chanceux said:

boognish_bear said:

Why did you get banned?

No... he got a 3 hour time out at like 10:30 pm-1:30 am one night for posting just ridiculous shiet, he was never "banned", and then started a tirade over there on a new thread about that time out... I've had a little time out too on several boards, sometimes my smartass comes out like jackass on message boards... Jesus I can't believe you're still on this.

I like being on both sides. I know there's a perception from both sides on the other, but I sure as hell won't let this be misconstrued.
MilliVanilli
vanillabryce said:

Again, trying to label me as a CABer so you can pretend you're being attacked. I think you have some seeded issues that you need to resolve.

Get off the internet and go see a psychologist.
Says a person positively unhinged because you don't know who I know.

MilliVanilli
Chanceux said:

MilliVanilli said:

Chanceux said:

MilliVanilli said:

Chanceux said:

MilliVanilli said:

ColomboLQ said:

MilliVanilli said:

ColomboLQ said:

Of course you do.
Yeah, it's weird being informed and connected with reality.

No, it's not weird at all. You should try it some time.
Haha, if you only knew you were actually talking to.

Coulda sworn you said you worked in the athletic department. Some type of AD role.
Weird you want to follow an athletic program you think is trolling you. That's some special paranoia.

Don't recall saying you were a troll. And I don't reckon anyone follows the AD because of the nerds that work inside it. How long you play for Baylor football again? Shoot that's right. You aint never played a sport in yer life.
Oh my gosh, I'm going to have to rethink my life in full, you've opened my eyes.

Spending your whole adult life working for your alma mater will do that. Dang man you are basically what every aggy strives to be.
The caber obsession with an internet poster is a remarkable thing.

MilliVanilli
BUBear24 said:

Private Pyle said:

Chanceux said:

boognish_bear said:

Why did you get banned?

No... he got a 3 hour time out at like 10:30 pm-1:30 am one night for posting just ridiculous shiet, he was never "banned", and then started a tirade over there on a new thread about that time out... I've had a little time out too on several boards, sometimes my smartass comes out like jackass on message boards... Jesus I can't believe you're still on this.

I like being on both sides. I know there's a perception from both sides on the other, but I sure as hell won't let this be misconstrued.
Yogi's an interesting one, he once angrily PMed me his entire CV as an unsolicited self-justification for why he thought that he should be respected and taken seriously for his opinions on a message board, bizarre fellow.

Boatshoes
It is hard to say how successful Morris will be at Arkansas but it is almost certain that he will be more successful than Bielema, a big ten guy whose recruiting, coaching, and play calling style was completely out of touch with modern college football. Rhule will have the same problem Bielema had.
boognish_bear
Finalized

MilliVanilli
boognish_bear said:

Finalized

They better hope a sexier gig doesn't open up for him three months before the season begins...

LionBear
Boatshoes said:

It is hard to say how successful Morris will be at Arkansas but it is almost certain that he will be more successful than Bielema, a big ten guy whose recruiting, coaching, and play calling style was completely out of touch with modern college football. Rhule will have the same problem Bielema had.

More hard hitting analysis.

Keep up the great post, 'Shoes....

LOL
MilliVanilli
TV55 said:

Boatshoes said:

LOL
I think Morris is a decent coach, who could have some success, but he's no savior in waiting for Arky.

If anything he's another Sumlin.
Private Pyle
MilliVanilli said:

TV55 said:

Boatshoes said:

LOL
I think Morris is a decent coach, who could have some success, but he's no savior in waiting for Arky.

yep, that Sumlin guy who only has a 75% winning %. Thank God we found a coach with less than 50% winning % to lead us!
MilliVanilli
Private Pyle said:

MilliVanilli said:

TV55 said:

Boatshoes said:

LOL

yep, that Sumlin guy who only has a 75% winning %. Thank God we found a coach with less than 50% winning % to lead us!
Gonna be fun in the coming years watching you try and climb back on the bandwagon.

Private Pyle
MilliVanilli said:

Private Pyle said:

MilliVanilli said:

TV55 said:

Boatshoes said:

LOL

Gonna be fun in the coming years watching you try and climb back on the bandwagon.

Hope it is before I can't climb anymore bc of old age
LionBear
Private Pyle said:

MilliVanilli said:

Private Pyle said:

MilliVanilli said:

TV55 said:

Boatshoes said:

LOL

You're still here?

I think you croaked last week? Or was that your doppelgnger, Jim Nabors?

;-)
ColomboLQ
boognish_bear said:

Finalized

I predict he will blow the doors off of any realistic expectations any Arkansas fan could possibly have by going better than 1-11 in his first year. You can quote me on that.
boognish_bear
Private Pyle said:

MilliVanilli said:

TV55 said:

Boatshoes said:

LOL

CAB had a 42-44 record after 7 years of being a HC...not saying CMR will eventually have CAB success...but it's too early to say he won't have success.

Dia del DougO
I don't know if Morris will be just OK or pretty good. But I'm kinda looking forward to seeing how he does in a program with resources, a rabid fan base and a desire to support their football team. It's going to be a stark contrast from SMU.
"The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what you share with someone else when you're uncool."
Russell Gym
Has Arkansas won a league title after leaving SWC? Not a division, but the entire conference?
Private Pyle
TV55 said:

Private Pyle said:

MilliVanilli said:

Private Pyle said:

MilliVanilli said:

TV55 said:

Boatshoes said:

LOL

You're still here?

I think you croaked last week? Or was that your doppelgnger, Jim Nabors?

;-)

Private Pyle is from FMJ. He killed ole Gunny.
MilliVanilli
Russell Gym said:

Has Arkansas won a league title after leaving SWC? Not a division, but the entire conference?
Their best year was under Petrino in 2011, they went 11-2 and finished ranked #5...but still were only 3rd place in the SEC West because that was the preposterously boring Bama vs LSU BCS title game year.

LionBear
Dia del DougO said:

I don't know if Morris will be just OK or pretty good. But I'm kinda looking forward to seeing how he does in a program with resources, a rabid fan base and a desire to support their football team. It's going to be a stark contrast from SMU.

He is going to miss how easy he had it at SMU. The Arky fanbase is certainly rabid but they will turn on you in an instant. And they have nothing else to talk about up there. So it's in your head ALL THE TIME.

A friend of mine in Little Rock described it like this: Have you ever seen an NHL hockey player traded from the Canadians to, say, the Tampa Bay Lightning, describe it as "awesome. relaxing. refreshing?" In Montreal, there is only one thing - hockey. If you and the team are playing badly, you hear it on the radio, at the store, while eating dinner with your family, everywhere. In Fayetteville, if you are not winning, your hear about it 24/7/365 -- and it never stops. It's the same thing. It's taxing. grinding. and it beats you down.

And he is a Razorback season ticket holder.

I asked him what the honeymoon period would be for Morris. He said "we'll let him know in the 2nd quarter of the first game how he's doing...".

Again -- he is going to miss what he had at SMU.

PartyBear
You have described every P5 job in the modern era and even some G5 jobs frankly, such as Cincy, UH or Memphis. Just look at Rhule's condition after his first 2 Qs as HC and since.
Private Pyle
boognish_bear said:

Private Pyle said:

MilliVanilli said:

TV55 said:

Boatshoes said:

LOL

CAB had a 42-44 record after 7 years of being a HC...not saying CMR will eventually have CAB success...but it's too early to say he won't have success.

My point was bashing Sumlin was pretty dumb
Private Pyle
ColomboLQ said:

boognish_bear said:

Finalized

I predict he will blow the doors off of any realistic expectations any Arkansas fan could possibly have by going better than 1-11 in his first year. You can quote me on that.
No way. He has to install his system over 3 years minimum!
Private Pyle
TV55 said:

Dia del DougO said:

He is going to miss how easy he had it at SMU. The Arky fanbase is certainly rabid but they will turn on you in an instant. And they have nothing else to talk about up there. So it's in your head ALL THE TIME.

A friend of mine in Little Rock described it like this: Have you ever seen an NHL hockey player traded from the Canadians to, say, the Tampa Bay Lightning, describe it as "awesome. relaxing. refreshing?" In Montreal, there is only one thing - hockey. If you and the team are playing badly, you hear it on the radio, at the store, while eating dinner with your family, everywhere. In Fayetteville, if you are not winning, your hear about it 24/7/365 -- and it never stops. It's the same thing. It's taxing. grinding. and it beats you down.

I asked him what the honeymoon period would be for Morris. He said "we'll let him know in the 2nd quarter of the first game how he's doing...".

Won't miss the money at SMU or lack of fans. If Morris wins, he will be King of Arkansas
PartyBear
What is amazing is SMU folks don't seem to care he left. I'm talking the alums as well. That shows just how committed SMU is now. Kind of sad considering some of the history.
ColomboLQ
TV55 said:

Dia del DougO said:

Hopefully Liberty isn't on the schedule to start the year next year.
Dia del DougO
TV55 said:

Dia del DougO said:

Any coach that wants to win and be part of the national scene would much rather have that atmosphere than the apathy and minimal support he had at SMU.
"The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what you share with someone else when you're uncool."
Kingdom Bear
ColomboLQ said:

Aberzombie1892 said:

Arkansas having to pursue Morris is evidence that Arkansas is an unattractive job, as with all of the coaches on the coaching carousel, no good P5 program should be forced to hire Morris.
I suppose time will tell how badly Arkansas screwed up this hire, if this is in fact who they go with.

1. Chad Morris is going to kick ass at Arkansas.
2. He is going to get them back into Texas recruiting in a big way.
3. The Gerry Bohannon courtship will be telling, as Morris is probably chomping at the bit to kill two birds with one stone:
1. Sign a big time QB in his own back yard.
2. Repay Rhule for stealing Charlie Brewer from him.
The Kingdoms of this world have become the Kingdoms of our God and of His Christ. ~Revelation 11:15. Stand. Repent. Build.
Aberzombie1892
BaylorBearsFight said:

ColomboLQ said:

Aberzombie1892 said:

Arkansas having to pursue Morris is evidence that Arkansas is an unattractive job, as with all of the coaches on the coaching carousel, no good P5 program should be forced to hire Morris.
I suppose time will tell how badly Arkansas screwed up this hire, if this is in fact who they go with.

3. The Gerry Bohannon courtship will be telling, as Morris is probably chomping at the bit to kill two birds with one stone:
The issue isn't how good of a coach he may or may not be - the issue is whether his resume warranted such a promotion. Morris has had 3 seasons as HC, so there is enough there to take a deep look at it.
1. Did he win a conference title? (No)
2. If not, did he win a division or at least end up in the top 2 teams in a division? (No)
3. If not, did he win a big game during his final season? (Maybe, if one counts North Texas and Arkansas State as big games for an AAC team)
4. If not, did he at least win a bowl game there? (No, because he was never coach for one)
5. If not, did he at least defeat a P5 OOC? (No)

But sure, the guy deserves a big promotion. Hopefully, he has fun competing against Saban, Fisher, Moorhead, Malzahn, etc. with his proven record of success. Meanwhile, Norvell is still at Memphis.
ColomboLQ
Aberzombie1892 said:

BaylorBearsFight said:

ColomboLQ said:

Aberzombie1892 said:

The issue isn't how good of a coach he may or may not be - the issue is whether his resume warranted such a promotion. Morris has had 3 seasons as HC, so there is enough there to take a deep look at it.
1. Did he win a conference title? (No)
2. If not, did he win a division or at least end up in the top 2 teams in a division? (No)
3. If not, did he win a big game during his final season? (Maybe, if one counts North Texas and Arkansas State as big games for an AAC team)
4. If not, did he at least win a bowl game there? (No, because he was never coach for one)
5. If not, did he at least defeat a P5 OOC? (No)

But sure, the guy deserves a big promotion.
The guy has long been considered a hot coaching prospect since his days at Clemson.
boognish_bear

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.