Football
Sponsored by

NEW VISITORS/POSTERS: FREE BOARD WIKI (STICKY)

6,469 Views | 55 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by 80sBEAR
LionBear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
YoakDaddy said:

Forest Bueller said:

80sBEAR said:

WOW! Never thought that Milli would ever be replaced as the most obnoxious and condescending poster on this board, but it has happened. (I will not mention any names, you folks know who it is.) Sorry Milli. You are now #2
Milli is a monster troll, but this has become kinda the good troll/bad troll gig going on here.

Milli, trolls every single thread but is kinda good natured and uses funny Memes etc. TV55 is just a mean old coot troll.

Good troll/Bad troll, I kinda like it.

He's most likely not a mean old coot. Since any criticism of CMR he labels as hate speech, he's most likely a millennial.

Sorry, I was texting. What am I?
BylrFan
Nothing says Plain Old Losers like typing this whole post out and making a wiki on it
MilliVanilli
80sBEAR said:

WOW! Never thought that Milli would ever be replaced as the most obnoxious and condescending poster on this board, but it has happened. (I will not mention any names, you folks know who it is.) Sorry Milli. You are now #2
You've clearly never read your own posts.
robby44
ColomboLQ said:

TV55 said:

ColomboLQ said:

No mention of the bare cupboard, youth and injuries, NFL coaching experience, track records or trusting the process????? You are falling down on the job OP.

Let me ask you this plainly: what is your motivation for spewing hate at CMR and BU? That sums up pretty much all of your posts.
Let me ask you a couple of things plainly. Why is anything critical said about CMR after a 1-11 season and the BOR considered "hate"? What is your motivation for spewing hate at fellow Baylor fans? That sums up pretty much all of your posts.

This
I don't understand the hate toward posters who don't march lock step with whats going on in the program right now
1-11 worst season in BU history of course there are going to be folks that are not down with system or process
A lot of folks don't want to jump on the suck train
Its human nature. Doesn't mean folks don't have love for BU
YoakDaddy
TV55 said:

YoakDaddy said:

Forest Bueller said:

80sBEAR said:

Milli is a monster troll, but this has become kinda the good troll/bad troll gig going on here.

Milli, trolls every single thread but is kinda good natured and uses funny Memes etc. TV55 is just a mean old coot troll.

He's most likely not a mean old coot. Since any criticism of CMR he labels as hate speech, he's most likely a millennial.

Sorry, I was texting. What am I?

That made me laugh.
LionBear
MilliVanilli said:

80sBEAR said:

He types hateful messages -- but he sends them wirelessly while in church -- so he thinks it's something Jesus would be down with...

Yeah, right.
LionBear
BylrFan said:

Nothing says Plain Old Losers like typing this whole post out and making a wiki on it

Except maybe spelling Baylor without the vowels as part of your username, but yea...
Forest Bueller
Ok. Can we all just get along.

Sorry for calling you an old coot or whatever else I said, but

you pretty much came out for a boxing match and instead of touching gloves, took a swing during the instructions.

I think we all hate 1-11, people will dog out a coach who goes 1-11, just goes with the territory.

At least he is a coach making 3-4 million a year and not 50K a year like plenty of HS coaches make.
80sBEAR
TV55 said:

MilliVanilli said:

80sBEAR said:

WOW! Never thought that Milli would ever be replaced as the mother ost obnoxious and condescending poster on this board, but it has happened. (I will not mention any names, you folks know who it is.) Sorry Milli. You are now #2

He types hateful messages -- but he sends them wirelessly while in church -- so he thinks it's something Jesus would be down with...

Yeah, right.

Hateful messages? Hmmmmm. Interesting. And for the record, Jesus knows to not look for me in church.
"This is not an institution of football."
-- Dr. David Garland
LionBear
Forest Bueller said:

Ok. Can we all just get along.

Sorry for calling you an old coot or whatever else I said, but

you pretty much came out for a boxing match and instead of touching gloves, took a swing during the instructions.

I think we all hate 1-11, people will dog out a coach who goes 1-11, just goes with the territory.

At least he is a coach making 3-4 million a year and not 50K a year like plenty of HS coaches make.

I am more than happy to "call a truce" and get along. I don't think that's what some of the fellow posters here WANT to do however. They aren't really here to be critical or offer constructive criticism. They are here to burn our team, burn our coach and burn our school down.

I could care less being called whatever name (Coot is actually the nicest thing anyone over here has called me).

We all get that Rhule had a tough opening year.
We all agree things need to improve dramatically next year (by mid season) or we have a "situation" on our hands.
We all have different opinions as to why this year was so damn tough -- and can agree to disagree.
I think we all agree that CAB is gone, the BOR was unhelpful to meddling to conflicted and CMR and the whole new staff is working their butts off to improve things as rapidly as possible.

We can also agree that our Freshman and Sophomore classes were AMAZING. I cannot believe how hard those kids tried. It was simply awesome given everything they were faced with -- in such a short amount of time.

Now -- where does that leave us?

How about some new posts that actually provide insight / analysis on what was actually factually broken this year and what we can do to get better next year. Where are those posts? Sadly, they are all on the premium side. There are very strong critical voices over there too -- but they argue within the bounds of reason and NOT out of hate and NOT to burn our program down.

I dare Gust or Rio to actually post something forward looking and constructive. Same for Doug Del Whatever -- he mainly posts **** intended to burn everything down.

I am IN if you (and the usual suspects here) are IN. I bet even Millie would hop in (well, maybe not - he/she is mainly here for the sport of it, it seems...).

I have my doubts you have any followers but will be a fast follower if you / they move this direction.

We will see.
LionBear
Forest Bueller said:

TV55 said:

Forest Bueller said:

80sBEAR said:

Mean Old Coot - I can't disagree. I am pissed off we had a tough season too.

The difference is what is Baylor Nation going to do about from now forward. That's probably where I diverge from most posters here.

What are your thoughts on what CMR, the staff and the school should do from here forward? Now that's a worthy discussion (IMHO).
Well, I come from a bit different background than most, my dad was a coach for 36 years and both brothers coaching for over 30 years now. I'm the only non-coach in the group. In HS at least folks can give you hell for a bad season, it can be brutal really. I remember distinctly coming back home from out of town once, and someone had hung a banner on the only bridge coming into town an insult about my dad. So I will always have a soft spot for any coach.

Rhule has done a good job of recruiting, a good job of attracting transfers that appear can really help the team, and if things work out in the next couple of months, a really good job of recruiting after a ugly ugly season.

On the other end, Rhule seems a bit stubborn, has a OC that is not very experienced and has made poor adjustments in games that should have been won.

The team was competitive in a lot of games we lost, OU, WVU could have been won. UT was a total flop.
Liberty and UTSA disasters. Probably should have won 4 games, Liberty, UTSA, KU and one of the other close games, but it just did not happen.

1-11 is cause for a lot of concern, because the team had enough talent for better than 1-11.

Next year will be pivotal. 5 or 6 wins would be ok. Four or less wins, with the way the schedule sets up would not be good, especially with the incoming talent. 7 or more wins would be great.

Sorry I missed this earlier post from you. Very helpful background and very cool your father and brother dedicated decades to coaching -- God Bless Them. Especially for impacting young men's lives in a positive way.

I agree Rhule could have made far better in-game adjustments. I wish there was more background on why he did not. Maybe after recruiting we will learn more. I don't know. I do believe Rhule knows what he is doing in terms of the X's and O's and his system. As he reloads the roster for next year, we are going to know for sure.

Thanks.
PacificBear
TV55 said:

The following is a user generated WIKI. The official SicEm365 staff has nothing to do with this but might make them laugh a bit.

Welcome to the Free Board. In order to help new visitors understand much of the content posted here, you have to realize that the vast majority of the people posting on the free board have reason to want to do the school harm. If they actually cared about the school, they would pay the equivalent cost of two lattes a month to join the masses over on the premium board where constructive conversation about the direction of the school is happening literally on a minute-by-minute basis. They have no such interest (or frankly just don't have the scratch to pay).

As a new reader, this will also save you from having to go back and re-read all posts filled with hate and better understand why a certain handful of haters post their hate at Baylor, Matt Rhule and our football program here on the Free Board. As we discover additional motivational sources for their hate, we will add those categories and update this Free Board WIKI.

In order to better understand their motivations as you read their posts, the following guide should come in handy. Enjoy.

Categories (current as of 12/7/2017):

(1) Economic Losers -- these are season ticket holders whose season tickets are now worth actual face value or less -- many of these are current or former professors who used to be able buy low and sell high. They also hate the fact that college coaches make way more than they did (or do now). They consider it a travesty of the highest order -- unless it makes their tickets valuable for resale -- in which case it is fine.
(2) Economic Opportunists -- mostly just desperate plaintiffs lawyers at this point. Some have been outed or self-identified here. They think the Free Board is a highway and they can be a "Call A Lawyer" billboard on such highway.
(3) CABers -- former Briles staffers, families and friends who post under fake names here pretending to care about the school when they want to do it harm -- many have been outed here. Most tried to get coaching jobs at other schools but it didn't work out. They and their families are still upset about this. They are quickly joining category 1 (see above) as the money runs out. This makes them angry and feel the need to post here to harm Baylor.
(4) Fake Alumni (Trolls) -- people who post as if they attended Baylor but are clearly trolling on the free board and post hate to try to harm Rhule's recovery effort. Other schools preferred it when Baylor was the doormat of the conference. As people see Rhule's recruiting prowess build, they come here to try to poison his recovery effort.
(5) Plain Old Losers -- Baylor is a great place but not immune to having graduated a loser or two. Some of these people even played football at Baylor (especially sad cases). Every school has 'em. These are alumni who probably have sucky jobs and they bring their hate here. They probably beat their dog and slap their kids too. I know, it's sad but it happens at pretty much every school. Even Baylor.

We will keep coming back to update these categories to help you better understand what's behind 100% of the Free Board postings. Enjoy.
he's a ****** on the paid side too. Ignore
80sBEAR
YoakDaddy said:

Forest Bueller said:

80sBEAR said:

Man, you missed TV55 by a mile. You insulted the millennialls! I think he is an old crusty ole Baptist Deacon that has never been wrong about anything, but at the same time doesn't mind dipping into the collection plate while the congregation is distracted singing Amazing Grace. I could be wrong.
-- Dr. David Garland
EK bear
Well I'm certainly #1... Couldn't even give my tickets away!

The good news is we don't have to take crap for selling to UT/OU fans for $300/pop anymore.
MilliVanilli
Forest Bueller said:

80sBEAR said:

BUGWBBear
NoBSU said:

Limited IQ Redneck in PU said:

Suckers by the cow when the milk is free.
Don't bring TV55's wife into this.

She spews enough on the R&P board as it is.
YoakDaddy
80sBEAR said:

YoakDaddy said:

Forest Bueller said:

80sBEAR said:

Man, you missed TV55 by a mile. You insulted the millennialls! I think he is an old crusty ole Baptist Deacon that has never been wrong about anything, but at the same time doesn't mind dipping into the collection plate while the congregation is distracted singing Amazing Grace. I could be wrong.

So he's a member of the Judas Club....deacon taking that silver....
LionBear
YoakDaddy said:

80sBEAR said:

YoakDaddy said:

Forest Bueller said:

80sBEAR said:

So he's a member of the Judas Club....deacon taking that silver....
Sorry, I was texting in church again -- you said I could take the silver with me? I am cool with that...
Dia del DougO
Hall Monitors - Thin-skinned premium members who descend to the murky depths of the free board in order to shake their finger and hand out demerits to the lesser dregs that frighten them.
"The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what you share with someone else when you're uncool."
Mr. Sippi
I'm not gonna be satisfied with myself unless I say this - I usually try to stay out of arguments; but... 55, I don't think you're as cute or funny as you think you are. I don't get your taking so much effort to post on the free board, especially given how condescending you are toward them on the pay side. I for one am not impressed. I spend about equal time on both sides and enjoy them both - I kinda know what to expect from each.
Baylor grad, 'Bama dad
BUBear24
80sBEAR
Mr. Sippi said:

I'm not gonna be satisfied with myself unless I say this - I usually try to stay out of arguments; but... 55, I don't think you're as cute or funny as you think you are. I don't get your taking so much effort to post on the free board, especially given how condescending you are toward them on the pay side. I for one am not impressed. I spend about equal time on both sides and enjoy them both - I kinda know what to expect from each.
Be very careful, Mr.Sippi. The Grey Poupon Gang may give you the boot!
-- Dr. David Garland
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.