Football
Sponsored by

NEW VISITORS/POSTERS: FREE BOARD WIKI (STICKY)

6,351 Views | 55 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by 80sBEAR
LionBear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
The following is a user generated WIKI. The official SicEm365 staff has nothing to do with this but might make them laugh a bit.

Welcome to the Free Board. In order to help new visitors understand much of the content posted here, you have to realize that the vast majority of the people posting on the free board have reason to want to do the school harm. If they actually cared about the school, they would pay the equivalent cost of two lattes a month to join the masses over on the premium board where constructive conversation about the direction of the school is happening literally on a minute-by-minute basis. They have no such interest (or frankly just don't have the scratch to pay).

As a new reader, this will also save you from having to go back and re-read all posts filled with hate and better understand why a certain handful of haters post their hate at Baylor, Matt Rhule and our football program here on the Free Board. As we discover additional motivational sources for their hate, we will add those categories and update this Free Board WIKI.

In order to better understand their motivations as you read their posts, the following guide should come in handy. Enjoy.

Categories (current as of 12/7/2017):

(1) Economic Losers -- these are season ticket holders whose season tickets are now worth actual face value or less -- many of these are current or former professors who used to be able buy low and sell high. They also hate the fact that college coaches make way more than they did (or do now). They consider it a travesty of the highest order -- unless it makes their tickets valuable for resale -- in which case it is fine.
(2) Economic Opportunists -- mostly just desperate plaintiffs lawyers at this point. Some have been outed or self-identified here. They think the Free Board is a highway and they can be a "Call A Lawyer" billboard on such highway.
(3) CABers -- former Briles staffers, families and friends who post under fake names here pretending to care about the school when they want to do it harm -- many have been outed here. Most tried to get coaching jobs at other schools but it didn't work out. They and their families are still upset about this. They are quickly joining category 1 (see above) as the money runs out. This makes them angry and feel the need to post here to harm Baylor.
(4) Fake Alumni (Trolls) -- people who post as if they attended Baylor but are clearly trolling on the free board and post hate to try to harm Rhule's recovery effort. Other schools preferred it when Baylor was the doormat of the conference. As people see Rhule's recruiting prowess build, they come here to try to poison his recovery effort.
(5) Plain Old Losers -- Baylor is a great place but not immune to having graduated a loser or two. Some of these people even played football at Baylor (especially sad cases). Every school has 'em. These are alumni who probably have sucky jobs and they bring their hate here. They probably beat their dog and slap their kids too. I know, it's sad but it happens at pretty much every school. Even Baylor.

We will keep coming back to update these categories to help you better understand what's behind 100% of the Free Board postings. Enjoy.
Limited IQ Redneck in PU
Suckers buy the cow when the milk is free.
LionBear
Limited IQ Redneck in PU said:

Suckers by the cow when the milk is free.
New posters -- Here is a classic Category 5 (SEE WIKI). Can't even spell.

(5) Plain Old Losers -- Baylor is a great place but not immune to having graduated a loser or two. Some of these people even played football at Baylor (especially sad cases). Every school has 'em. These are alumni who probably have sucky jobs and they bring their hate here. They probably beat their dog and slap their kids too. I know, it's sad but it happens at pretty much every school. Even Baylor.
NoBSU
TV55 said:

The following is a user generated WIKI. The official SicEm365 staff has nothing to do with this but might make them laugh a bit.

Welcome to the Free Board. In order to help new visitors understand much of the content posted here, you have to realize that the vast majority of the people posting on the free board have reason to want to do the school harm. If they actually cared about the school, they would pay the equivalent cost of two lattes a month to join the masses over on the premium board where constructive conversation about the direction of the school is happening literally on a minute-by-minute basis. They have no such interest (or frankly just don't have the scratch to pay).

As a new reader, this will also save you from having to go back and re-read all posts filled with hate and better understand why a certain handful of haters post their hate at Baylor, Matt Rhule and our football program here on the Free Board. As we discover additional motivational sources for their hate, we will add those categories and update this Free Board WIKI.

In order to better understand their motivations as you read their posts, the following guide should come in handy. Enjoy.

(1) Economic Losers -- these are season ticket holders whose season tickets are now worth actual face value or less -- many of these are current or former professors who used to be able buy low and sell high. They also hate the fact that college coaches make way more than they did (or do now). They consider it a travesty of the highest order -- unless it makes their tickets valuable for resale -- in which case it is fine.
(2) Economic Opportunists -- mostly just desperate plaintiffs lawyers at this point. Some have been outed or self-identified here. They think the Free Board is a highway and they can be a "Call A Lawyer" billboard on such highway.
(3) CABers -- former Briles staffers, families and friends who post under fake names here pretending to care about the school when they want to do it harm -- many have been outed here. Most tried to get coaching jobs at other schools but it didn't work out. They and their families are still upset about this. They are quickly joining category 1 (see above) as the money runs out. This makes them angry and feel the need to post here to harm Baylor.
(4) Fake Alumni (Trolls) -- people who post as if they attended Baylor but are clearly trolling on the free board and post hate to try to harm Rhule's recovery effort. Other schools preferred it when Baylor was the doormat of the conference. As people see Rhule's recruiting prowess build, they come here to try to poison his recovery effort.

We will keep coming back to update these categories to help you better understand what's behind 100% of the Free Board postings. Enjoy.
I guess I'm lucky #6 - To be determined. Late Bloomer.
NoBSU

Don't bring TV55's wife into this.
boognish_bear
TV55 said:

There are certainly overly negative posters and drama queens in here....but that's called the internet. Just stick them on ignore and enjoy the rest...or don't even come in here if you have paid for the premium.

That's like getting a kick from walking out of first class to go sit in steerage for the flight to tell them how much they suck. Just keep your ass in first class and have your mimosa and caviar.
Malbec
NoBSU said:

Don't bring TV55's wife into this.
Udder madness!
BaylorOkie
It's time everyone realizes that 55 is a MV level troll. Will you all keep him alive, too? We know he won't be moderated.
NoBSU
BaylorOkie said:

It's time everyone realizes that 55 is a MV level troll. Will you all keep him alive, too? We know he won't be moderated.
Plus I think he really orders a mimosa. His wife's order - a bullshot to start the day.
57Bear
BaylorOkie said:

55 is a BORer - one among several BORers.
ArlingtonFarm Fingercuffs
New / young posters: be sure to Google "Kevin Steele Baylor head coach".

You will probably wonder: who in the bubble supported this atrocious hire? What kind of fools would have tolerated such a terrible record? What moron decided to even give a contract extension to that abomination?

OP is your answer.
YoakDaddy
I think you need to add 2 more categories....

Sunshine Pumpers - Those Baylor alumni who, years after graduating, continue to live in a cultural bubble where bad things don't happen. These fans may be identified by low performance standards on the field, their use of hashtag slogans without challenging the bases of the slogans, and an unwavering faith that the Baylor BOR and Administration are always right and true. These people are gentle, kind, meek, and demonstrate no threat except for the hypocrisy between their Saturday night actions and their Sunday morning appearance.

BOR Rape Apologists - Those Baylor alumni who are or are connected to either regents or administration in which a culture of female submission, sexual assault, and rape are justified as long as the initiating sin like drunkenness was the fault of the female or the female failed to administratively report the event properly. These people may be identified by their blame deflection of university-wide systemic failures to place blame solely on the football program and by their pompous attitude and arrogance that they've been divinely appointed to the BOR. They become aggravated, profane, and wild when challenged.
Forest Bueller
I suppose you would simply fall under #5, 55.

You could be a billionaire, but if you are still nothing but an *******, which you clearly are, you are a loser.
Forest Bueller
YoakDaddy said:

I think you need to add 2 more categories....

Sunshine Pumpers - Those Baylor alumni who, years after graduating, continue to live in a cultural bubble where bad things don't happen. These fans may be identified by low performance standards on the field, their use of hashtag slogans without challenging the bases of the slogans, and an unwavering faith that the Baylor BOR and Administration are always right and true. These people are gentle, kind, meek, and demonstrate no threat except for the hypocrisy between their Saturday night actions and their Sunday morning appearance.

BOR Rape Apologists - Those Baylor alumni who are or are connected to either regents or administration in which a culture of female submission, sexual assault, and rape are justified as long as the initiating sin like drunkenness was the fault of the female or the female failed to administratively report the event properly. These people may be identified by their blame deflection of university-wide systemic failures to place blame solely on the football program and by their pompous attitude and arrogance that they've been divinely appointed to the BOR. They become aggravated, profane, and wild when challenged.

Add even another, "BOR members", there is no way some of these people are so invested in the BOR did no wrong mantra that they aren't actual members. Sad life.

Man how the might have fallen, Bearfans was an enjoyable generally good natured forum, these jackasses, who don't care about the University, but simply their point of view, or the BOR point of view are ruing the discussion on virtually every thread.

The way they ran to the DMN and WSJ, and cried out to defend, NOT THE UNIVERSITY, but themselves only, mimic some of the posters now turning the free boards into an absolute cancer.
ColomboLQ
No mention of the bare cupboard, youth and injuries, NFL coaching experience, track records or trusting the process????? You are falling down on the job OP.
80sBEAR
Nothing says "Christian Mission" like ridiculing, demeaning and name-calling others that disagree with you, all the while while hiding anonymously behind a keyboard. Such a great example for all the world to see. I kinda wish TV55 would quit soiling our Trailer Trash Board and get back to his fish eggs and expensive champagne.
"This is not an institution of football."
-- Dr. David Garland
LionBear
57Bear said:

BaylorOkie said:

Nope - don't know any BOR members - and they would never let me join even if I did. ;-)
LionBear
Drunken hookup @ old main said:

New / young posters: be sure to Google "Kevin Steele Baylor head coach".

You will probably wonder: who in the bubble supported this atrocious hire? What kind of fools would have tolerated such a terrible record? What moron decided to even give a contract extension to that abomination?

OP is your answer.

Thanks, Number 5.
LionBear
ColomboLQ said:

No mention of the bare cupboard, youth and injuries, NFL coaching experience, track records or trusting the process????? You are falling down on the job OP.

Let me ask you this plainly: what is your motivation for spewing hate at CMR and BU? That sums up pretty much all of your posts.
ColomboLQ
TV55 said:

ColomboLQ said:

Let me ask you this plainly: what is your motivation for spewing hate at CMR and BU? That sums up pretty much all of your posts.
Let me ask you a couple of things plainly. Why is anything critical said about CMR after a 1-11 season and the BOR considered "hate"? What is your motivation for spewing hate at fellow Baylor fans? That sums up pretty much all of your posts.
80sBEAR
WOW! Never thought that Milli would ever be replaced as the most obnoxious and condescending poster on this board, but it has happened. (I will not mention any names, you folks know who it is.) Sorry Milli. You are now #2
-- Dr. David Garland
Jacques Strap
1 - Now wait just gosh darn minute just because I'm not a season ticket holder doesn't mean I'm not an economic loser. I can't wear BU gear because people trigger me with their accusing glances and, you know, counseling and FAU T-shirts cost money.

2 - I am working on this. While I am not yet lawyer nor an attorney I have taken Esquire as my legal last name. Furthermore Liberty University offers a fine online legal curriculum and as soon as I'm done with the current season of Goliath on Amazon Prime Video I'm gonna get started. Based on the right of prima nocta and a writ of babeeous corpus I award myself 1/2 credit.

3- I am related to CAB as a result of the fact we are all related to Noah post flood. So... CHECK!

5 Although I'm a loser there is nothing plain about me. You can take that to the bank. Okay, I lied, I am plain.

Good thread. The kind I expect from Premium Members. Well done. And 3.5 out of 5 ain't bad!
O.B.
5:51 AM post... switch to decaf man. No need to wake up mean.
LionBear
Jacques Strap said:

1 - Now wait just gosh darn minute just because I'm not a season ticket holder doesn't mean I'm not an economic loser. I can't wear BU gear because people trigger me with their accusing glances and, you know, counseling and FAU T-shirts cost money.

2 - I am working on this. While I am not yet lawyer nor an attorney I have taken Esquire as my legal last name. Furthermore Liberty University offers a fine on line legal curriculum and as soon as I'm done with the current season of Goliath on Amazon Prime Video I'm gonna get started. Based on the right of prima nocta and a writ of babeeous corpus I award myself 1/2 credit.

3- I am related to CAB as a result of the fact we are all related to Noah post flood. So... CHECK!

5 Although I'm a loser there is nothing plain about me. You can take that to the bank. Okay, I lied, I am plain.

Good thread. The kind I expect from Premium Members. Well done. And 3.5 out of 5 ain't bad!

Now this made me laugh.

Thanks, Jacque.

I think constructive criticism of CMR, the Process and the schools mistakes is all fair game and warranted.

What I don't get is The Hate that goes w-a-y beyond criticism...I never thought I'd replace Milli as enemy #1 over here but so be it.

Flame away ...
Forest Bueller
80sBEAR said:

WOW! Never thought that Milli would ever be replaced as the most obnoxious and condescending poster on this board, but it has happened. (I will not mention any names, you folks know who it is.) Sorry Milli. You are now #2
Milli is a monster troll, but this has become kinda the good troll/bad troll gig going on here.

Milli, trolls every single thread but is kinda good natured and uses funny Memes etc. TV55 is just a mean old coot troll.

Good troll/Bad troll, I kinda like it.

bobo
57Bear said:

BaylorOkie said:

If 55 is really a BOR'er, that is a sad commentary on the leadership of this university.
LionBear
Forest Bueller said:

80sBEAR said:

Milli is a monster troll, but this has become kinda the good troll/bad troll gig going on here.

Milli, trolls every single thread but is kinda good natured and uses funny Memes etc. TV55 is just a mean old coot troll.

Mean Old Coot - I can't disagree. I am pissed off we had a tough season too.

The difference is what is Baylor Nation going to do about from now forward. That's probably where I diverge from most posters here.

What are your thoughts on what CMR, the staff and the school should do from here forward? Now that's a worthy discussion (IMHO).
LionBear
bobo said:

57Bear said:

BaylorOkie said:

If 55 is really a BOR'er, that is a sad commentary on the leadership of this university.

I agree. To loosely quote Groucho Marx: "Any club that would accept me for a member isn't worth joining". Sums me up pretty well.
Forest Bueller
TV55 said:

Forest Bueller said:

80sBEAR said:

The difference is what is Baylor Nation going to do about from now forward. That's probably where I diverge from most posters here.

What are your thoughts on what CMR, the staff and the school should do from here forward? Now that's a worthy discussion (IMHO).
Well, I come from a bit different background than most, my dad was a coach for 36 years and both brothers coaching for over 30 years now. I'm the only non-coach in the group. In HS at least folks can give you hell for a bad season, it can be brutal really. I remember distinctly coming back home from out of town once, and someone had hung a banner on the only bridge coming into town an insult about my dad. So I will always have a soft spot for any coach.

Rhule has done a good job of recruiting, a good job of attracting transfers that appear can really help the team, and if things work out in the next couple of months, a really good job of recruiting after a ugly ugly season.

On the other end, Rhule seems a bit stubborn, has a OC that is not very experienced and has made poor adjustments in games that should have been won.

The team was competitive in a lot of games we lost, OU, WVU could have been won. UT was a total flop.
Liberty and UTSA disasters. Probably should have won 4 games, Liberty, UTSA, KU and one of the other close games, but it just did not happen.

1-11 is cause for a lot of concern, because the team had enough talent for better than 1-11.

Next year will be pivotal. 5 or 6 wins would be ok. Four or less wins, with the way the schedule sets up would not be good, especially with the incoming talent. 7 or more wins would be great.
bearlyafarmer
TV55 said:

Forest Bueller said:

80sBEAR said:

To address the "school" portion of your very legitimate final question: Put on big boy pants by recognizing that a university can be both an institution of football and an institution of higher learning.

Simultaneously.
Malbec
TV55 said:

We're going to do what any other college's fans do. We are going to bellyache about a 1-11 season. After the early signing day, we are going to be a little optimistic about some recruits, but still pissed about 1-11. During spring drills, momentum will build a little more for the season, and if we don't have a M.A.S.H. unit operating under McLane, we are gonna start talking about winning 4 or 5 games with an outside shot at a bowl game. If we look good against each other in the Spring Game, we are going to start talking about what level of bowl we can make it to. We will put 40K in the stands for ACU and if we can beat them and UTSA on the road the next week, we are going to start coming up with ways we can make the CCG. If we beat Duke, there will be predictions of conference championships and why we should be ranked in the Top 25. If we beat Kansas, we will have fans watching to see if we get a mention for the CFP on College Football Live, and talking about how ESPN hates us and why aren't we ranked higher than 5 SEC schools.

Now, if we are 1-3 after Kansas, one of us will stick a ReMax sign in Rhule's front yard, and Home Depot will be sold out of Tiki torches.
LionBear
Malbec said:

TV55 said:

We're going to do what any other college's fans do. We are going to bellyache about a 1-11 season. After the early signing day, we are going to be a little optimistic about some recruits, but still pissed about 1-11. During spring drills, momentum will build a little more for the season, and if we don't have a M.A.S.H. unit operating under McLane, we are gonna start talking about winning 4 or 5 games with an outside shot at a bowl game. If we look good against each other in the Spring Game, we are going to start talking about what level of bowl we can make it to. We will put 40K in the stands for ACU and if we can beat them and UTSA on the road the next week, we are going to start coming up with ways we can make the CCG. If we beat Duke, there will be predictions of conference championships and why we should be ranked in the Top 25. If we beat Kansas, we will have fans watching to see if we get a mention for the CFP on College Football Live, and talking about how ESPN hates us and why aren't we ranked higher than 5 SEC schools.

Now, if we are 1-3 after Kansas, one of us will stick a ReMax sign in Rhule's front yard, and Home Depot will be sold out of Tiki torches.

Post of the year on the FB. Amen.

I hope I join you at the stadium and not
In the line at Home Depot 4-5 games in next year.
57Bear
TV55 said:

57Bear said:

BaylorOkie said:

Nope - don't know any BOR members - and they would never let me join even if I did. ;-)
So then, using your criteria: anyone who doesn't know CAB cannot be a CABer.
YoakDaddy
Forest Bueller said:

80sBEAR said:

He's most likely not a mean old coot. Since any criticism of CMR he labels as hate speech, he's most likely a millennial.
80sBEAR
Malbec said:

TV55 said:

I am hopeful pitchforks will be on sale as well.
-- Dr. David Garland
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.