Football
Sponsored by

Apparently Pete Fiutak must be a CABer.....

7,618 Views | 43 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by oldbear69
ColomboLQ
How long do you want to ignore this user?
because he did not think highly of Matt Rhule's first season in Waco.

http://collegefootballnews.com/2018/01/2017-final-ranking-of-all-130-college-football-head-coaches
oldbear69
ColomboLQ said:

http://collegefootballnews.com/2018/01/2017-final-ranking-of-all-130-college-football-head-coaches
RegentCoverup
ColomboLQ said:

$6 million.

And you can't beat lyin George O'Leary or Michigan State.

And Michigan State in your own backyard.
This site leaks private information to Baylor Regents and Administration
SicThe12
Fiutak is a rape enabler!!!!!!!!
oldbear69
TellMeYouLoveMe said:

ColomboLQ said:

$6 million.

And you can't beat lyin George O'Leary or Michigan State.

And Michigan State in your own backyard.
$ 1.5 million

And he can't beat liberty or usta

But did beat Kansas

Now that's a bargain....
Krieg
He even lost to this guy:

128. Gary Andersen, Oregon State

The Beavers won one game. Before getting fired, it was a coaching job so poor that he refused to take the money owed to him in his contract.
NoBSU
How sweet. A thread from the Hey Look At Me Society on a commentary from some dude most of us have not heard of nor will ever hear from again.

Alternative names for these posters the H.R. Pufnstuf Kids and the Loopy Yanks Club.
Gust Avrakotos
We paid 8.49M for our brilliant coach and that 1 win.
BUBear24
Gust Avrakotos said:

So he's making more now than Jimbo??....
boognish_bear
You know when you start the list with Jimbo Fisher listed as the worst coach in CFB the writer is a dumbass or just going for shock value.

CMR is not the second worst HC in CFB. I'm not saying he's Bear Bryant....but he's not the bottom of the barrel. NFL HC jobs are precious....there are hundreds of college coaches that would give their left nut for an NFL interview. I don't think the Colts would waste any time interviewing the 2nd worst HC in CFB.

This writer has 7K followers on Twitter...3K less than BT...
SicThe12
boognish_bear said:

You know when you start the list with Jimbo Fisher listed as the worst coach in CFB the writer is a dumbass or just going for shock value.

CMR is not the second worst HC in CFB. I'm not saying he's Bear Bryant....but he's not the bottom of the barrel. NFL HC jobs are precious....there are hundreds of college coaches that would give their left nut for an NFL interview. I don't think the Colts would waste any time interviewing the 2nd worst HC in CFB.

are you implying that he earned that interview? How? He's an offensive minded coach who never had an offense better than 50 or 60 something in his career.
granite
this looks like a ranking for last season.....honest question, where does CMR belong on that list with only one win and some really bad loses? Seems about right to me, though i think he will be better this year
Gust Avrakotos
BUBear24 said:

Gust Avrakotos said:

So he's making more now than Jimbo??....
If you count the ROI on wins....absolutely.

How much was Jimbo making last year at FSU and how many games did he win?
Bona Fide Bear
Observing CMR had a bad season doesn't make you a CABer. Turning every discussion into a discussion about CAB makes you a CABer. The OP is a CABer because he made an article that has nothing into CAB into something about CAB with the title of the thread.
boognish_bear
SicThe12 said:

boognish_bear said:

are you implying that he earned that interview? How? He's an offensive minded coach who never had an offense better than 50 or 60 something in his career.

Yes...i think he earned the interview. I imagine they are looking at what he did at Temple and are assuming what happened at BU this year was just the ugly first step of a turn around process. In Temple's 123 year football history they have had 2 conference championships...one in 1967 and the one CMR got in 2016. Temple is not a football hotbed. Also...I don't know this...but I'm assuming in NFL circles Coughlin must say good things about CMR which would go along way.

If he didn't earn the interview that means the Colts were going to waste their time giving him a token interview...I don't see why an NFL organization would do that. This isn't an interview for the hostess at Applebee's.

I'm not a CMR fan boy...I'm still undecided on him...I'm just not ready to say he's the second worst HC in CFB.
la1037
boognish_bear said:

Colts took a call from Rhule who was likely begging for a way out of a situation too big for him. Sort of like Jimbo bolting for A&M. Rhule is trying to salvage his name by changing jobs before everyone knows what I know... he can't coach.
"We are unaware of any situation where you personally had contact with anyone who directly reported to you being the victim of sexual assault or that you directly discouraged the victim of an alleged sexual assault from reporting to law enforcement or university officials. Nor are we aware of any situation where you played a student athlete who had been found responsible for sexual assault.”
- Chris Holmes, Baylor General Counsel
Robemcdo
boognish_bear said:

SicThe12 said:

boognish_bear said:

Yes...i think he earned the interview. I imagine they are looking at what he did at Temple and are assuming what happened at BU this year was just the ugly first step of a turn around process. In Temple's 123 year football history they have had 2 conference championships...one in 1967 and the one CMR got in 2016. Temple is not a football hotbed. Also...I don't know this...but I'm assuming in NFL circles Coughlin must say good things about CMR which would go along way.

If he didn't earn the interview that means the Colts were going to waste their time giving him a token interview...I don't see why an NFL organization would do that. This isn't an interview for the hostess at Applebee's.

I'm not a CMR fan boy...I'm still undecided on him...I'm just not ready to say he's the second worst HC in CFB.

I doubt he is the second worst coach but it's almost impossible for a D1 P5 team with decent athletes to lose 11 games

To say he did the second worst job.....hard to dispute.
Dman
Lame list, but it's off season. Even the press is bored. If you just look at records, it's hard to argue Rhule had a horrible season. He is better than 1 win...but we have no idea how much better. Only time will tell. Here's hoping MUCH better!
Krieg
boognish_bear said:

He's rating their performance last season compared to expectations. If you can't see that FSU having to make up a game against ULM to get bowl eligible after starting the year at #3 is a coaching failure then I think you need to work on your evaluation skills.

Same for Rhule. Vegas had us at 7.5 wins as did our fan base. We only got 1 win. That's a horrible coaching job, objectively, and shouldn't be hard to admit.

So, last season rating a guy that took a team that had made 6 straight bowls to a single win as doing the 2nd worst job coaching football last season seems about right.
xiledinok
Dumb list but if OP can pile on Rhule, he'll throw his kids on top of him if necessary.
Rhule should be down on the list but it is a bit stupid.
Terry Bowden at #31? Did anyone see his team play last year? It was the reason why there are too many bowl games.
The ******* child programs like UCF are getting love among the sports writer and non contender fanbases but aren't going to ever get a piece of the pie (especially, when the CFP tells them the number of non conference Power 5 teams on the schedule matters).
Give me a Power 5 list of coaches. There's no need to list non Power 5 teams. They aren't a part of the beauty contest.
Dman
SicThe12 said:

Hilarious. Will he now be stalked by our residential Village Idiot?!

I'd also like to know if anyone knows the author's neck size?
xiledinok
Dman said:

SicThe12 said:

A betting man might bet the size of his ***** with all of the love for the non contending, irrelevant Power 5 teams that won't get invited to the CFP unless hell freezes over (it has been cold, there's the hope).
After all this time, some dumb fans really believe these non Power 5s are going to get a taste of the playoff. SMH! These writers just put those non Power 5s in the conversation to get clicks.
historian
Does that make everyone on these boards a "CABer"? I don't think there are many people who think highly of Matt Rhule's first season at Baylor, unless one thinks the best 1-11 team in the nation is a worthy distinction. To be fair, Baylor is rebuilding and that will take time. Some of us hoped for a halfway decent season but clearly those were pipe dreams. Maybe we should look beyond the W-L columns in 2017. At least we do have some positives to take out of it: some of the players had moments of greatness and since so many are young, they should provide a foundation for better records going forward.

I don't understand why so many on here still seem to be obsessed about CAB. He's gone, he's never coming back and will likely never coach again anywhere. Yes, he is a genius at offense. Yes, he led Baylor to great victories & many other notable accomplishments. And yes, to my knowledge there still has been no evidence presented to justify his firing. But all of that is in the past. I choose to look forward, hoping this year will bring significant success on the field.
Krieg
xiledinok said:

Dman said:

SicThe12 said:

A betting man might bet the size of his ***** with all of the love for the non contending, irrelevant Power 5 teams that won't get invited to the CFP unless hell freezes over (it has been cold, there's the hope).
After all this time, some dumb fans really believe these non Power 5s are going to get a taste of the playoff. SMH! These writers just put those non Power 5s in the conversation to get clicks.

If you're too dumb to understand what the article is then don't comment on the thread. He doesn't care about which team was better or worse or even which coach is better or worse. He's rating the job they did THIS SEASON in respect to the expectations for their team THIS SEASON. I don't follow Akron at all, but if he's right that they were supposed to suck but then played in the MAC title game that's a good coaching job. Their conference is irrelevant.
Friscobear
la1037 said:

boognish_bear said:

Colts took a call from Rhule who was likely begging for a way out of a situation too big for him. Sort of like Jimbo bolting for A&M. Rhule is trying to salvage his name by changing jobs before everyone knows what I know... he can't coach.
Do you write fiction full time?
Sailor Bear
This thing is getting blasted by just about anyone with a pulse. I don't even think that CMR's most valiant detractors would think he's the second worst coach in CFB. And as much as I would love for A&M's $75MM man to be the worst coach in America, that's just an asinine argument.
Sailor Bear
la1037 said:

boognish_bear said:

LOL. Ok.
la1037
Friscobear said:

la1037 said:

boognish_bear said:

Do you write your own comedy? Did Colts call Rhule? Is that your position... that is rich. Jimbo bolted for A&M because he was feeling heat and didn't feel appreciated. Change jobs and you get to start over. You get to two or three years to try your luck at another team verses getting fired and losing all credibility.

1-11 with a team that made a bowl game last 3 years with 74 3* or 4* players. Give me a worst job coaching in the last 50 years in a relevant program? II have tried to find one and can't.
"We are unaware of any situation where you personally had contact with anyone who directly reported to you being the victim of sexual assault or that you directly discouraged the victim of an alleged sexual assault from reporting to law enforcement or university officials. Nor are we aware of any situation where you played a student athlete who had been found responsible for sexual assault.”
- Chris Holmes, Baylor General Counsel
xiledinok
Krieg said:

xiledinok said:

Dman said:

SicThe12 said:

If you're too dumb to understand what the article is then don't comment on the thread. He doesn't care about which team was better or worse or even which coach is better or worse. He's rating the job they did THIS SEASON in respect to the expectations for their team THIS SEASON. I don't follow Akron at all, but if he's right that they were supposed to suck but then played in the MAC title game that's a good coaching job. Their conference is irrelevant.
He coached them to 6-6 and a non Power 5 championship appearance. The MAC didn't win a bowl game.
His team was terrible.
A great season wouldn't put them at #31. Could the expectation be to be better than .500 and not lost the bowl game and conference championship by more than 90 points combined?
Oh well, the non Power 5s are going to get to a taste of how the beauty pageant is ran and their fans are going to need tissues from the crying about the CFP.
Krieg
Bearish said:

This thing is getting blasted by just about anyone with a pulse. I don't even think that CMR's most valiant detractors would think he's the second worst coach in CFB. And as much as I would love for A&M's $75MM man to be the worst coach in America, that's just an asinine argument.

Look everyone, another person that can't read but can somehow type!
xiledinok
Krieg said:

Bearish said:

Look everyone, another person that can't read but can somehow type!
His list is garbage. Take out Baylor and the Aggie choice and look at the list.
Expectations last year at Oregon? What year was he watching football on his DVR. They weren't expected to be very good.

You planning on to go watch Houston next season? Cheer hard because they will NEVER be in the CFP. No chance in hell (unless they get into Power 5, which won't happen with UT). It was never set up to help the non Power 5 to get a place at the table.
Krieg
xiledinok said:

Krieg said:

xiledinok said:

Dman said:

SicThe12 said:

He coached them to 6-6 and a non Power 5 championship appearance. The MAC didn't win a bowl game.
His team was terrible.
A great season wouldn't put them at #31. Could the expectation be to be better than .500 and not lost the bowl game and conference championship by more than 90 points combined?
Oh well, the non Power 5s are going to get to a taste of how the beauty pageant is ran and their fans are going to need tissues from the crying about the CFP.

Again, it's not about the final record. It's about the final record compared to preseason expectations. If everyone picked Akron to go 6-6 or better you'd be right. If they picked them for 3 wins or something he's right.

As for the CFP, it's the worst championship system we've ever had but that's another story for another thread and COMPLETELY irrelevant to this one.
bear2be2
Friscobear said:

la1037 said:

boognish_bear said:

You should check out his latest work, "Scapegoat."
xiledinok
Krieg said:

xiledinok said:

Krieg said:

xiledinok said:

Dman said:

SicThe12 said:

His team was terrible.

Again, it's not about the final record. It's about the final record compared to preseason expectations. If everyone picked Akron to go 6-6 or better you'd be right. If they picked them for 3 wins or something he's right.

As for the CFP, it's the worst championship system we've ever had but that's another story for another thread and COMPLETELY irrelevant to this one.
There wasn't much difference between a 3 win Mac expected team and a 6 win team. If you are going to judge expectations, why not look at the conference and what kind of programs they were running out on the field. Okay, Bowden is expected to win 3 but the conference is full of cripples (the hot coach took off after 2016) and they win 6 to get into the conference championship to lose by 17 and 47 in their bowl game.
Under his formula, the cripples get rewarded because they have such low expectations facing bad teams.
DustyM
I hate to rain on your parade, but unless CMR or another coach turns Baylor into what the last coach did. We, as Baylor football, will become one of those teams you are having so much fun degrading. In the next round of TV talks Baylor will become relegated to one of those G5 conferences, along with Kansas, Kansas St, and either TCU or Texas Tech. I suspect the Big 12 will no longer exist, Baylor and the rest of us will be looking in at that point.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.