Football
Sponsored by

Not again

6,533 Views | 38 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Yogi
BearlyConscious
How long do you want to ignore this user?
http://www.kwtx.com/content/news/Sexual-assault-report-involving-BU-athletes-investigated-474251303.html
Yogi
Sexual assaults are going to happen on a college campus. If you ever so much as felt up a drunk co-ed while at Baylor, you committed sexual assault.

The issue is how your institution responds to the allegations, individually as well as from a whole.
"Smarter than the Average Bear."
80sBEAR
Yogi said:

Sexual assaults are going to happen on a college campus. If you ever so much as felt up a drunk co-ed while at Baylor, you committed sexual assault.

The issue is how your institution responds to the allegations, individually as well as from a whole.
Settle down Yogi. Matt Rhule "Bad Dudes" are much more righteous and less threatening than Art Briles' "Bad Dudes." Praise Jesus. Please put what you can in the BU collection plate.
"This is not an institution of football."
-- Dr. David Garland
BaylorProud77
I'm feeling sick
Bear8084
Yogi said:

Pretty much the truth. How CMR and Baylor has handled it compared to Briles and Co. will be telling.
80sBEAR
Bear8084 said:

Yogi said:

Pretty much the truth. How CMR and Baylor has handled it compared to Briles and Co. will be telling.
Exactly. The decision-makers at the very top are still there. Nothing has really changed. Time for some REAL change. The truth has a way of coming out.
-- Dr. David Garland
Bear8084
80sBEAR said:

Bear8084 said:

Yogi said:

Exactly. The decision-makers at the very top are still there. Nothing has really changed. Time for some REAL change. The truth has a way of coming out.

But if it turns out all the right steps have been taken so far? I can't shake the feeling that if this was Briles it would have never come out until it got really ugly. We will find out.
PartyBear
What is their status on the team, well before tonight when the story broke? That is what will really tell you. Briles suspended the guys accused. These allegations are 3 months old. What action was taken over the past 3 months by the staff?
Chanceux
Bear8084 said:

80sBEAR said:

Bear8084 said:

Yogi said:

But if it turns out all the right steps have been taken so far? I can't shake the feeling that if this was Briles it would have never come out until it got really ugly. We will find out.
It was reported 3 months ago, there's a supposed video and this investigation is "ongoing". Does that add up to you?
Bear8084
Chanceux said:

Bear8084 said:

80sBEAR said:

Bear8084 said:

Yogi said:

It was reported 3 months ago, there's a supposed video and this investigation is "ongoing". Does that add up to you?

Show me what CMR and Baylor has done in the meantime.
PartyBear
Another way of looking at this is that Rhule in 11 months has almost as many guy's accused of this as Briles did over 8 years.
Krieg
So, 2 of Rhule's guys were accused of sexual assault 3 months ago...which means Baylor's investigation should've been finished a long time ago. What's the status of that one?
Chanceux
Bear8084 said:

Chanceux said:

Bear8084 said:

80sBEAR said:

Bear8084 said:

Yogi said:

Has nothing to do with Briles or Rhule. It's about Baylor admins not knowing their butts from their elbows. And I've had just about enough of these clowns running the school.
PartyBear
Well didnt we reward our own former special prosecutor from PH with the job of being the Tilte 9 person? Surely we know the difference between elbows and butts now which begs the question. WTH is the deal here?
Bear8084
Chanceux said:

Bear8084 said:

Chanceux said:

Bear8084 said:

80sBEAR said:

Bear8084 said:

Yogi said:

Has nothing to do with Briles or Rhule. It's about Baylor admins not knowing their butts from their elbows. And I've had just about enough of these clowns running the school.

It has everything to do with all of them, Briles, Rhule, everyone. How was it handled?
80sBEAR
PartyBear said:

Well didnt we reward our own former special prosecutor from PH with the job of being the Tilte 9 person? Surely we know the difference between elbows and butts now which begs the question. WTH is the deal here?
Are you serious? We have decided to pay one of our executioners a six figure salary? This story just keeps getting better and better. Your Baylor Bear Foundation dollars at work!
-- Dr. David Garland
PartyBear
I could be wrong about that, but I swear I remember that is who we hired.
Chanceux
Bear8084 said:

Chanceux said:

Bear8084 said:

Chanceux said:

Bear8084 said:

80sBEAR said:

Bear8084 said:

Yogi said:

It has everything to do with all of them, Briles, Rhule, everyone. How was it handled?
It mostly has to do with Baylor and protocol. Baylor PD took the report and Baylor's Title IX office is handling this. And it's 3 months later with supposed video evidence. The AD and football coaches aren't running the show here.
Krieg
Bear8084 said:

Chanceux said:

Bear8084 said:

Chanceux said:

Bear8084 said:

80sBEAR said:

Bear8084 said:

Yogi said:

It has nothing to do with Briles as these were Rhule's recruits and Briles has been gone nearly 2 years.

If Rhule had any role in this one (it was reported to police) someone needs to be fired. That was the problem last time around. Either the person that involved him should be fired or he should be if he tried to get involved.
Bear8084
Krieg said:

Bear8084 said:

Chanceux said:

Bear8084 said:

Chanceux said:

Bear8084 said:

80sBEAR said:

Bear8084 said:

Yogi said:

It has nothing to do with Briles as these were Rhule's recruits and Briles has been gone nearly 2 years.

If Rhule had any role in this one (it was reported to police) someone needs to be fired. That was the problem last time around. Either the person that involved him should be fired or he should be if he tried to get involved.

Rhule's recruits and his way, compared to Briles way of handling things. If it's the same way, then yes, someone needs to go again. Did we learn from our mistakes?
80sBEAR
Krieg said:

Bear8084 said:

Chanceux said:

Bear8084 said:

Chanceux said:

Bear8084 said:

80sBEAR said:

Bear8084 said:

Yogi said:

Rhule had no more to do with this event than Briles did with any of the past events under his watch. Teenagers. Excessive alcohol. Sex. Next day regrets. The Head Football Coach simply cannot chaperone all of his players and keep their zippers pulled up on Saturday nights. I am told this event was reported to Waco PD. I am hearing Baylor dismissed it as "consensual". There must be change at the top. Pissed off parents want a big payday. And as always, they will probably get it.
-- Dr. David Garland
PartyBear
If what you said in the bottom 1/3 of your post is true. Baylor has not learned a damn thing. We would need an entirely new BOR.
DustyM
Chanceux said:

Bear8084 said:

Chanceux said:

Bear8084 said:

Chanceux said:

Bear8084 said:

80sBEAR said:

Bear8084 said:

Yogi said:

It mostly has to do with Baylor and protocol. Baylor PD took the report and Baylor's Title IX office is handling this. And it's 3 months later with supposed video evidence. The AD and football coaches aren't running the show here.
They never were running the show, RR was and still is. The only difference is that the football staff and the AD got blamed for it. I wonder who they will blame this time.
DustyM
PartyBear said:

If what you said in the bottom 1/3 of your post is true. Baylor has not learned a damn thing. We would need an entirely new BOR.
It falls on Ramsower, he is in charge of the PD, JA's and implementing Title IX. Once Title IX was implemented, he was even blocking them from investigating. Until Ramsower is gone, this will continue.

This was not a football issue and still isn't. It is a Baylor issue and management covering up everything for Baylor's image. Wake up folks, the last football staff was thrown under the bus and this staff will be also if it needs to be.
Krieg
80sBEAR said:

Krieg said:

Bear8084 said:

Chanceux said:

Bear8084 said:

Chanceux said:

Bear8084 said:

80sBEAR said:

Bear8084 said:

Yogi said:

Rhule had no more to do with this event than Briles did with any of the past events under his watch. Teenagers. Excessive alcohol. Sex. Next day regrets. The Head Football Coach simply cannot chaperone all of his players and keep their zippers pulled up on Saturday nights. I am told this event was reported to Waco PD. I am hearing Baylor dismissed it as "consensual". There must be change at the top. Pissed off parents want a big payday. And as always, they will probably get it.

That it happened, of course. I was talking about how it was dealt with afterwards. If we still have a coach with ANY role in that process that's a fireable offense for whomever inserted him into the process.
NoBSU
A lot of dumb on this thread.
Malbec
Yogi said:

BS! That is just a smokescreen. All anybody could talk about in the media (and even on these home-grown forums) was about how Briles brought in bad dudes, and how a rape culture had taken over the football program (and BT is STILL talking about that even under this regime). How Briles "knowingly" brought in woman beaters and serial rapists and then let them run roughshod over the women of Baylor. :People like Keyser talk out of both sides of their mouths; saying on one side that it was about ignoring school policies that our BOR had thoughtfully created to help girls in trouble, and then saying on the other that it was about about Briles and Co. unleashing pillage and plunder on your daughters.

What it is about is a sex culture gone mad in this country and the people who are ill-equipped to deal with it. Baylor thought it could deal with it by shoving it in a closet and hoping nobody ever opened the door. Unfortunately, those very same people are there to fill the space up again that was left by the crap that fell out two years ago.
NoBSU
Malbec said:

Yogi said:

BS! That is just a smokescreen. All anybody could talk about in the media (and even on these home-grown forums) was about how Briles brought in bad dudes, and how a rape culture had taken over the football program (and BT is STILL talking about that even under this regime). How Briles "knowingly" brought in woman beaters and serial rapists and then let them run roughshod over the women of Baylor. :People like Keyser talk out of both sides of their mouths; saying on one side that it was about ignoring school policies that our BOR had thoughtfully created to help girls in trouble, and then saying on the other that it was about about Briles and Co. unleashing pillage and plunder on your daughters.

What it is about is a sex culture gone mad in this country and the people who are ill-equipped to deal with it. Baylor thought it could deal with it by shoving it in a closet and hoping nobody ever opened the door. Unfortunately, those very same people are there to fill the space up again that was left by the crap that fell out two years ago.
From whom did the term "bad dudes" originate? Posters?
BaylorProud77
Totally agree
Malbec
NoBSU said:

From whom did the term "bad dudes" originate? Posters?
It doesn't matter one iota where it came from and you know it. The same thing was being said in every other way before those texts were made public The words have simply become a metonym for football players raping coeds.
Keyser Soze
Malbec said:

Yogi said:

There is something contradictory about saying the football program was out of control AND things did not get reported to Judicial Affairs? ..... both happened

It was also not just about sexual assault and you know that.
80sBEAR
The lesson of this most recent event is that you cannot put students' bad behavior and poor decisions all on the shoulders of the damn Head Football Coach. Whether that coach be Art Briles or Matt Rhule. No one man can do it all by himself. There must be proper procedures in place that protect the alleged victim as well as the alleged assaulter.

This is not the only place in the country this crap happens. It happened when I was at Baylor. I am sure stuff happened way back in 1845. Our leadership needs to realize it is not the 1950s anymore and college kids only spend so much time sitting in the pew singing hymns.

The most damaging and dangerous thing right now is that the leadership still seems convinced that writing alleged victims six and seven figure checks is going to solve this. It is not. Their handling of this in recent years will cost us hundreds of millions of dollars and it seems nothing has changed.
-- Dr. David Garland
Franklins
Yogi said:

That is the absolute truth.

If I was 18 college again I would probably record consent and a sobriety test on my phone before engaging. Even then you would not be fully protected. I'm sure some think that this is a right turn back to the glory days of no dancing, but it's going to be about us effective as prohibition was in stopping drinking.
USSRonaldReagan
I'm really mad about this. I thought after we hired Rhule we all agreed everyone involved in Bu athletics was going to live perfect, Christ centered lives from that day forward.
la1037
Bear8084 said:

Yogi said:

Times have changed. There is no way to compare how Rhule would have handled it with vs. Briles considering the microscope will allow not allow Rhule to do anything but what the media requires.

I still say that coaches should never have to handle this kind of thing. There should be an outside enforcement department at every school that works directly with the police. The coaches should not decide what is going to happen, they should be told what is going to happen.

"We are unaware of any situation where you personally had contact with anyone who directly reported to you being the victim of sexual assault or that you directly discouraged the victim of an alleged sexual assault from reporting to law enforcement or university officials. Nor are we aware of any situation where you played a student athlete who had been found responsible for sexual assault.”
- Chris Holmes, Baylor General Counsel
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.