Football
Sponsored by

Not much hype about Baylor pro day

7,093 Views | 60 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by boognish_bear
Dia del DougO
How long do you want to ignore this user?

Baylor Pro Day is Monday. I had to look it up.
"The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what you share with someone else when you're uncool."
MilliVanilli
The team is young and had a rough year, lot's of the would be pro day talent for this year bolted to the draft a year too early to their own detriment.

YoakDaddy
Who besides Johnny Jefferson is participating? He's the only one I've heard of.
BaylorProud77
I really didn't expect anybody in pro Day this year
MrGolfguy
Ish Wainright will be working out
BUGWBBear
BaylorProud77 said:

I really didn't expect anybody in pro Day this year

Nor did I.
ColomboLQ
Dia del DougO said:

Baylor Pro Day is Monday. I had to look it up.
Why would there be?
Limited IQ Redneck in PU
It used to be fun.
Dia del DougO
Good luck Taylor Young, Mo Porter, Jordan Feurerbacher, Ish, and whomever else may show up. I would assume KJ Smith would be one of them if he's healthy enough. Several guys to root for.

If there's a potential bright side to the total lack of interest, maybe John Morris and whatever non-sports blonde chick he drags along won't be doing their usual embarrassing webcast.
"The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what you share with someone else when you're uncool."
Dia del DougO
Seems like this would be the site for such information.
Dia del DougO
Stolen from premie intern post, but it's a tweet, so....

Brian Ethridge
Staff
We'll be there
Krieg
Solomon? Ok...
Forest Bueller
Looks like a pretty full lineup. Hopefully a few can crack a team as a free agent. Long as you get a chance you never know who can make a squad.

Doug, most of the folks that report on sports, except for the national level stuff ESPN etc., are often non-sports people.
cowboycwr
Wait isn't this the type of stuff paying is supposed to get you on this site?????? And yet it is available for free out there.....

I guess that saying bout suckers born every minute is true.

Look at the believers who still love a 1-11 coach who lost to Liberty and UTSA, then flirted with the Colts and only can talk about his half time speeches about losing his kitten or whatever it was, running Oklahoma drills, toughness, etc but can't adjust against a game plan if his life depended on it.
Forest Bueller

Quote:

Tight Ends

Coach Joey McGuire took the TEs through pass catching drills and screen drills which looked really good but the best drill was one-on-one blocking. These guys are going to be so physical this year. They went after each other and Coach McGuire was right in the middle of it getting these guys to use proper technique and all out aggressiveness. This group is getting better and better.

This is an example of a "non-sports guy" type of write up. The rest of the article was behind a "paywall".

xiledinok
What is the deal complaining about the Oklahoma drill? You guys come off as a bunch of no tradition TAPPS school fans who had a running clock when you played to keep the opponents from running up the score.
Forest Bueller
xiledinok said:

What is the deal complaining about the Oklahoma drill? You guys come off as a bunch of no tradition TAPPS school fans who had a running clock when you played to keep the opponents from running up the score.
Well, both my brothers coach at public schools, and yes I have seen them use a running clock. So that isn't just a TAPPS thing.

Back in the day Carter vs. Bryan Adams, after Adams went downhill, they needed a running clock in the second half.
xiledinok
Forest Bueller said:

xiledinok said:

Well, both my brothers coach at public schools, and yes I have seen them use a running clock. So that isn't just a TAPPS thing.

Back in the day Carter vs. Bryan Adams, after Adams went downhill, they needed a running clock in the second half.

I have seen it in Oklahoma. Jenks had running clock 1/2 of their game for years until their program started hurting a couple of years ago.
Probably best Bryan Adams didn't let a spear chucker like Freddie James run up the score on them.
cowboycwr
xiledinok said:

How about injuries?

that most NFL, college and high school teams do not do this drill anymore because of injuries. EVER.

And we do it right before a game.....
xiledinok
cowboycwr said:

xiledinok said:

How about injuries?

that most NFL, college and high school teams do not do this drill anymore because of injuries. EVER.

It's definitely a drill for physical squads.
Assumption of the risk playing football.
Grizz Air
Krieg said:

Solomon? Ok...

I am kinda surprised/confused by this too, but... best of luck to him!!!
cowboycwr
xiledinok said:

cowboycwr said:

xiledinok said:

How about injuries?

So you are saying NFL teams that no longer do this are not physical??? yeah ok. That tells us all we need to know about your level of football IQ. You think coaches who are winning super bowls don't know what to do to make their team a "physical squad"
xiledinok
cowboycwr said:

xiledinok said:

cowboycwr said:

xiledinok said:

How about injuries?

So you are saying NFL teams that no longer do this are not physical??? yeah ok. That tells us all we need to know about your level of football IQ. You think coaches who are winning super bowls don't know what to do to make their team a "physical squad"
It isn't as physical in college. Do you think the New England Patriots don't practice hitting and aren't physical?
You guys act like teams practice with flags. Injuries happen in football.
cowboycwr
xiledinok said:

cowboycwr said:

xiledinok said:

cowboycwr said:

xiledinok said:

How about injuries?

It isn't as physical in college. Do you think the New England Patriots don't practice hitting and aren't physical?
I know that at many points they don't and the NFL rules guarantee they don't. And it has been that way for years.

No tackling/hitting at camps.

https://www.nytimes.com/2013/08/01/sports/football/new-rule-at-nfls-camps-no-tackling-its-just-practice.html

Since 2015 they get 14 padded practices 11 for the first 11 weeks a season. So one a week. Or you can do 2 a week once.

The CFL doesn't do ANY padded practices.

But yeah you are sooooooooooo much smarter than all these NFL guys who don't do it. I mean it isn't like Pete Carroll has ever won anything......

Sailor Bear
cowboycwr said:

xiledinok said:

How about injuries?

Who, exactly, has Rhule injured via the Oklahoma drill? Specificity is kindly requested.
BaylorProud77
DavionHall??? Seems like yesterday he was here and did so little
Sampi82
Bearish said:

cowboycwr said:

xiledinok said:

How about injuries?

Who, exactly, has Rhule injured via the Oklahoma drill? Specificity is kindly requested.

Tanner Thrift was injured during the Oklahoma drill in warm ups before the spring game last year.
PervertedLittleTarts
cowboycwr said:

xiledinok said:

cowboycwr said:

xiledinok said:

cowboycwr said:

xiledinok said:

How about injuries?

I know that at many points they don't and the NFL rules guarantee they don't. And it has been that way for years.

https://www.nytimes.com/2013/08/01/sports/football/new-rule-at-nfls-camps-no-tackling-its-just-practice.html

Since 2015 they get 14 padded practices 11 for the first 11 weeks a season. So one a week. Or you can do 2 a week once.

But yeah you are sooooooooooo much smarter than all these NFL guys who don't do it. I mean it isn't like Pete Carroll has ever won anything......

Serious question: do you really believe that such restrictions limiting practicing in pads are in place because that is what NFL coaches want? Because if so, you live in a fantasy world. All those rules limiting contact are a result of negotiations with the NFL Players Association. Just in case you aren't aware, NFL players have an extremely well-funded, powerful union due to the extraordinarily high income that its members enjoy. Guess what? College football players do not.

So other than exhibiting an extreme lack of knowledge about professional football, your post is spot-on.
cowboycwr
PervertedLittleTarts said:

cowboycwr said:

xiledinok said:

cowboycwr said:

xiledinok said:

cowboycwr said:

xiledinok said:

How about injuries?

Serious question: do you really believe that such restrictions limiting practicing in pads are in place because that is what NFL coaches want? Because if so, you live in a fantasy world. All those rules limiting contact are a result of negotiations with the NFL Players Association. Just in case you aren't aware, NFL players have an extremely well-funded, powerful union due to the extraordinarily high income that its members enjoy. Guess what? College football players do not.

So other than exhibiting an extreme lack of knowledge about professional football, your post is spot-on.

Please quote where I said the coaches created the rule. You won't be able to because I did not say that.

Then look up Pete Carroll. He didn't use the drill at usc either.

So thanks for showing you lack of understanding football.

Now you can go back to planting your lips on the backsides of the bor and Rhule.
PervertedLittleTarts
cowboycwr said:

cowboycwr said:

xiledinok said:

cowboycwr said:

xiledinok said:

cowboycwr said:

xiledinok said:

How about injuries?

Please quote where I said the coaches created the rule. You won't be able to because I did not say that.

Now you can go back to planting your lips on the backsides of the bor and Rhule.

Your stupidity is often breathtaking.

I have no regard for the bor and my jury is still out on Rhule, though I see many encouraging signs.

That can be little doubt that I know infinitely more about football than you do, and ever will. I played it for 15 freaking years.

Apparently you need an elementary explanation of why I posted what I did. I'll try not to use too many big words:

When you posted "but yeah you are sooooooooooo much smarter than all these NFL guys who don't do it," you are implying that the NFL coaches don't do it out of choice. That's simply not a fact because they don't have a choice.

You see, that's what I was pointing out. I hope this time you were able to keep up.
cowboycwr

cowboycwr said:

cowboycwr said:

xiledinok said:

cowboycwr said:

xiledinok said:

cowboycwr said:

xiledinok said:

How about injuries?

I have no regard for the bor and my jury is still out on Rhule, though I see many encouraging signs.

That can be little doubt that I know infinitely more about football than you do, and ever will. I played it for 15 freaking years.

Apparently you need an elementary explanation of why I posted what I did. I'll try not to use too many big words:

When you posted "but yeah you are sooooooooooo much smarter than all these NFL guys who don't do it," you are implying that the NFL coaches don't do it out of choice. That's simply not a fact because they don't have a choice.

You see, that's what I was pointing out. I hope this time you were able to keep up.

Lol. Riding the bench doesn't count. I have more knowledge of football in my pinky than you do.

Perhaps you missed NFL guys. As in everyone in the the NFL and associated with it. I guess I must have missed where the NFL became head coaches only.

Still waiting for you to say where I said that.

And for you to look up Pete Carroll.
PervertedLittleTarts
cowboycwr said:

cowboycwr said:

cowboycwr said:

xiledinok said:

cowboycwr said:

xiledinok said:

cowboycwr said:

xiledinok said:

How about injuries?

Lol. Riding the bench doesn't count. I have more knowledge of football in my pinky than you do.

Perhaps you missed NFL guys. As in everyone in the the NFL and associated with it. I guess I must have missed where the NFL became head coaches only.

Still waiting for you to say where I said that.

And for you to look up Pete Carroll.

I was a starter and team captain in high school, and played college ball as well. And I've seen your picture online, and a fatbody like you probably wouldn't even be trusted with the Gatorade.

It doesn't matter what "NFL guys" you're referring to, be it the coaches, team execs, or waterboys like you. They don't have a choice as to how often they run practices in pads because that was negotiated by the NFLPA. You see, this is a simple concept to understand, but based on your posting history, I'm not at all surprised that it's not within your mental abilities to comprehend it.

I'll see your Pete Carroll and raise you Bill Belichick, who absolutely owns Carroll's ass in the record department. Belichick hits in practice.

If I were you, I'd probably abandon thread and stop posting because you're just making yourself look foolish.
ColomboLQ

cowboycwr said:

cowboycwr said:

xiledinok said:

cowboycwr said:

xiledinok said:

cowboycwr said:

xiledinok said:

How about injuries?

LOL. Yeah right.
PervertedLittleTarts
ColomboLQ said:

cowboycwr said:

cowboycwr said:

xiledinok said:

cowboycwr said:

xiledinok said:

cowboycwr said:

xiledinok said:

How about injuries?

LOL. Yeah right.

We're all still waiting on you to make your first intelligent post. Keep at it sparky, maybe you'll hit the jackpot one day.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.