Football
Sponsored by

KD Cannon

10,616 Views | 65 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by boognish_bear
gobears20
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Staff
[url=https://ibb.co/jSOtH7][/url]
Grizz Air
Hes on cowboys roster now?
4yrletterbear
Yep
Nick Nolte
How many teams is that now? 6 or so?
Dia del DougO
He was signed to a futures contract after last season. It's basically a camp invitation.
"The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what you share with someone else when you're uncool."
boognish_bear
Nick Nolte said:

Mitch Henessey
boognish_bear said:

Nick Nolte said:

Cool, and with a closed-ass mind like that, I can guarantee you that I know one NFL coach who will never have long-term success.
BUBear24
Kendall Wright for 200 please...

Mothra
BUBear24 said:

And Terrence Williams and Josh Gordon (absent the drug problems). Dumb.
BUBear24
Mothra said:

BUBear24 said:

I'm worried for Williams though with that injury. If I remember right this was a contract year. Hopefully he heals quick.
Mitch Henessey
BUBear24 said:

Mothra said:

BUBear24 said:

I'm worried for Williams though with that injury. If I remember right this was a contract year. Hopefully he heals quick.
He signed a 3-year deal last offseason. The injury doesn't bode well for his playing time or longer term future, but he is under contract beyond this year.
Keyser Soze
He signed a new 4 year deal just before the start of the 17 season.

He should be safe for 18 as there would be a big cap hit with the bonus money.
Dia del DougO
The Cowboys like Williams for what he does away from the ball, in the locker room, and how he has stepped up at crucial times. I don't think his job is at much risk.

KD is a major longshot to make it, but he certainly has the talent to break through if he has his head screwed on straight and works his ass off.

Cole Beasley has become the more expendable regular WR.
"The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what you share with someone else when you're uncool."
Keyser Soze
I think Dez is the most expendable
Timbear
Nice analysis, Dia.
EasyE
boognish_bear said:

Nick Nolte said:

It's a ridiculous statement he is making. It's hearsay, and it doesn't give a timeframe for when any suggested comment took place. Clearly the WR's under this current staff are being coached differently than the past staff, so other than the school and uniforms, their is little correlation between the receivers of the past and the current ones.
xiledinok
Clearly, it was a coach speaking about the former staff. The former WR coaches were raw experience wise.
Petty went to workout with Harbaugh. He was raw at quarterback.
Cisgendered Bear
Raw? Maybe in regards to a reading a playbook and reading complex NFL defenses on the fly. The offensive staff told them what to do and what route to run for every play.

Experience? Yea, no, they're plenty experienced.

And this only applied to Briles' products...not Rhule's. That's just a dumb thing to say and a dumber thing to tweet.

xiledinok
Cisgendered Bear said:

Raw? Maybe in regards to a reading a playbook and reading complex NFL defenses on the fly. The offensive staff told them what to do and what route to run for every play.

Experience? Yea, no, they're plenty experienced.

And this only applied to Briles' products...not Rhule's. That's just a dumb thing to say and a dumber thing to tweet.

They might have told them but in context that they were inexperienced on how to run the route properly.
Raw talent means there's physical ability to do what is required but the player hasn't acquired the knowledge to do it.
The tweet wasn't supposed to be complimentary.
Dia del DougO

It's all about the individual. Quarterbacking is one thing. It's a whole new game in the NFL. Transitioning from college to NFL receiver is tough, especially from a spread scheme, but they can be productive pretty soon with good coaching and work ethic.

Terrance Williams had 44 catches for 736 yards and 5TDs in his rookie season. That's pretty impressive for a rookie 3rd round pick from anywhere. He started in 8 of 16 games.

Josh Gordon had 50 catches for 805 yards and 5TDs. He started in all 13 games in which he played.
Mitch Henessey
The other thing is, who is this joker of a coach comparing them to? The 5* recruits at the tOSUs, LSUs, and Alabamas of the world? Most of the WRs to come out of Baylor in the league were high 3* or low 4* talents.

You mean to tell me that guys who start with a higher physical ceiling tend to do better at the highest level on earth? Well, no s***!
cowboycwr
Dia del DougO said:

The Cowboys like Williams for what he does away from the ball, in the locker room, and how he has stepped up at crucial times. I don't think his job is at much risk.

KD is a major longshot to make it, but he certainly has the talent to break through if he has his head screwed on straight and works his ass off.

Dez has been released. Which probably means both Williams and Beasley are safe for this coming season and that KD has a shot.
REX
xiledinok said:

Clearly, it was a coach speaking about the former staff. The former WR coaches were raw experience wise.

I'll never understand why the previous staff was only worried about winning Big 12 championships and college football games.
Thank goodness they are gone.
Sleep well
xiledinok
REX said:

xiledinok said:

I'll never understand why the previous staff was only worried about winning Big 12 championships and college football games.
Sleep well
Not our problem.
I guess recruiting in G5 it doesn't matter (the games don't matter because they ain't playing for a championship, just ask your old buddy Gary Patterson about the Mountain West and going undefeated) but against the contenders, they ll use it against you.
Rex, this isn't a G5 fan board. I'd bet you are the one who has lost sleep with your son's situation. I am willing to pay for a polygraph. You wouldn't still be posting if I was not a nuisance to your cause (the media also reads these boards, remember?)
Forest Bueller
REX said:

xiledinok said:

Sleep well
Best post on this thread.
trey3216
cowboycwr said:

Dia del DougO said:

Dez has been released. Which probably means both Williams and Beasley are safe for this coming season and that KD has a shot.

It likely means they'll be drafting one higher in the draft, pushing KD into an even further deficit.
Mr. Treehorn treats objects like women, man.
cowboycwr
trey3216 said:

cowboycwr said:

Dia del DougO said:

It likely means they'll be drafting one higher in the draft, pushing KD into an even further deficit.
I disagree. KD would have a better shot (well really anyone I think) against a rookie draft pick then against a top player, well known, etc.

It is much easier for a team to say their draft pick "isn't ready for week one" and to play a second year practice squad type guy then to replace the "face" / famous guy on the team with a practice squad type guy.
trey3216
cowboycwr said:

trey3216 said:

cowboycwr said:

Dia del DougO said:

I disagree. KD would have a better shot (well really anyone I think) against a rookie draft pick then against a top player, well known, etc.

It is much easier for a team to say their draft pick "isn't ready for week one" and to play a second year practice squad type guy then to replace the "face" / famous guy on the team with a practice squad type guy.
Drafting a player in the first or second round means you are making a commitment to them being in your future. They have been talking about what to do with Dez for 2+ years now. that is no longer the case. If they draft a WR in the 1st, KD will be cut in camp.
Mr. Treehorn treats objects like women, man.
Dia del DougO
cowboycwr said:

Dia del DougO said:

They still need to dump Beasley. He's pretty useless in this offense after Romo left. Clean the stable and start building a corps that works best with Dak and his strengths.
cowboycwr
trey3216 said:

cowboycwr said:

trey3216 said:

cowboycwr said:

Dia del DougO said:

Drafting a player in the first or second round means you are making a commitment to them being in your future. They have been talking about what to do with Dez for 2+ years now. that is no longer the case. If they draft a WR in the 1st, KD will be cut in camp.
Please show where I said anything about 1st or 2nd round.

oh i didn't....

Now please show where I said anything about a team not making a commitment to that player....

Oh look again I did not say that....

So great job at taking what I said and going a completely different way with it.

xiledinok
They ll draft two WRs, Imo. No more Dez is a great move.
xiledinok
REX said:

xiledinok said:

Sleep well

Tanking too. 3 straight runs plays against Osu to bail early.
Good night.
REX
xiledinok said:

REX said:

xiledinok said:

Sleep well

Good night.

? You got me with that one. No idea what you are talking about!!
DAC
REX said:

xiledinok said:

REX said:

xiledinok said:

Sleep well

Good night.

? You got me with that one. No idea what you are talking about!!

No one ever does
boognish_bear
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.