Football
Sponsored by

Ravens sign RGIII to 1 year deal

13,565 Views | 93 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by MilliVanilli
trumpetbear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
80sBEAR
trumpetbear said:

Sweet! Thanks for posting, Trumpetbear. Hope RGIII makes the most of this opportunity.
"This is not an institution of football."
-- Dr. David Garland
xiledinok
Looks like he has his bounce back in his step after his marriage.
HuMcK
Good for him. Flacco sucks so RG is almost certain to get playing time, hopefully he shows out when the opportunity comes and is able to stay healthy.
Dia del DougO
I hope this isn't a stale April Fools joke.

Go get 'em, Rob!
"The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what you share with someone else when you're uncool."
ZatchZell
Awesome, while it looks like most of this site has turned their backs on Rob, i'm forever grateful for his hand in putting Baylor on the map.
gobears20
Staff
[url=https://ibb.co/mTAXPx][/url]
Grumpy
I wish him the best. Hope he can keep both his life and his body together. He certainly has speed and talent.
Grizz Air
Wow, I didnt think he would stick but I'm glad he did. Not sure how much Ravens are paying but I'm guessing Rob got the better end of the deal. He was one of the best college QBs ever but it never really translated to the pro level. At any rate, catch your dreams and make the most of your 1,629th chance!!! Sic 'em RG3! Prove me and all other haters (eg, realistic people) wrong. I would love for it to happen.
chorne68
Who has turned their back on RG3? He and CAB built our stadium and turned our program around.
Grizz Air
PS: It is insane to think that his old backup (Cousins) is now making nearly $90 mil on a 3 year deal. Who saw that one coming?
80sBEAR
Grizz Air said:

Wow, I didnt think he would stick but I'm glad he did. Not sure how much Ravens are paying but I'm guessing Rob got the better end of the deal. He was one of the best college QBs ever but it never really translated to the pro level. At any rate, catch your dreams and make the most of your 1,629th chance!!! Sic 'em RG3! Prove me and all other haters (eg, realistic people) wrong. I would love for it to happen.
1,629th chance? Nah, that was Josh Gordon!
"This is not an institution of football."
-- Dr. David Garland
Forest Bueller
Well I hope #1 that he sticks with the team and #2 which is huge, stays healthy.

He has the ability, I hope he makes it happen.
cowboycwr
good for him. I hope he stays healthy and stays around. Hiopefully he can learn to stay in the pocket more and extend his career further.

being a backup is not a bad job. Yes everyone wants the fame and money that comes from the starting spot but lots of QBs have hung around the league for years (even a decade) as a backup, making good money and getting super bowl rings when it was shown they were not starter material (or even NFL quality at all). So maybe he can follow in their footsteps and learn while being the backup.
ZatchZell
chorne68 said:

Who has turned their back on RG3? He and CAB built our stadium and turned our program around.
go to any RG3 thread on this site, a lot of petty insults being thrown his way.
cowboycwr
chorne68 said:

Go read any thread that mentions him, CAB, previous success, or previous staff and you will see.

A few good examples would be the ones about him getting divorced (may be old site) remarried, or taking job offers back during the season.

https://sicem365.com/forums/2/topics/25243
Guy Noir
Wishin RGIII well in this new challenge.
hodedofome
Well this would be the most functional organization he's been a part of, so let's see if he looks better while playing on a 'real' team.
Squatch Hunter
Excellent news!
EvilTroyAndAbed
Grizz Air said:

PS: It is insane to think that his old backup (Cousins) is now making nearly $90 mil on a 3 year deal. Who saw that one coming?
Regardless of how good/average Cousins is on the field, he and his agent have been absolutely geniuses at making money. Not only does he get the Minnesota deal and the best possible landing spot, but he was franchised TWICE by the Redskins, making more than $20 million each season.
EvilTroyAndAbed
Grizz Air said:

At any rate, catch your dreams and make the most of your 1,629th chance!!!
3rd chance, but who's counting?
Mitch Henessey
chorne68 said:

Go look at the other thread that Colt started on this topic and you'll see one shining example.
BCL79
Here is the Trib's story ......
http://www.wacotrib.com/news/ap_nation/headlines/robert-griffin-iii-ravens-reach-agreement-on--year-deal/article_01bcbe61-9240-5716-bcad-55d81a9859e2.html
CoachHBU2008
Great to hear! I was getting worried and was wondering if he was doing anything to get back. Looks like he has. Baltimore is a great spot. I think he can stay around the league now for an a lot longer time at that backup position. And who knows. Maybe he gets a Keenum like or Foles like shot at leading a team into the playoffs.

I wish him well and nothing but the best. A talent like him needs to be in the NFL. Not sitting at home. I am very elated for him. Work hard Rob. Be the best in the building. Congrats!
EvilTroyAndAbed
Mitch Henessey said:

chorne68 said:

Go look at the other thread that Colt started on this topic and you'll see one shining example.
I was just about to say the same thing.
Dman
chorne68 said:

You have a few zealot Bor'ders who feel compelled to tear down anyone/thing attached to Cab. Yet completely ignore the sins of the beloved leaders when it came to the entire university beyond just football.

I wish RG all the best and hope he can make a career out being a back up QB. Not a bad life.
BaylorOkie
I'm really glad to read this. Good luck Robert, Sic'em!
Grumpy
I'm not trying to be a jerk about this. I just wonder why it was reported in December that RG3 had turned down Baltimore only to accept a contract now. Was it all about $ or did Rob have concerns about the team itself?
PartyBear
Hopefully he can get this extended for longer than a season.
BaylorOkie
PartyBear said:

Hopefully he can get this extended for longer than a season.
I think if he puts his head down and works hard, he will. He's in the upper echelon of backups, IMO.
marco
Grizz Air said:

WAC did! He thought the 4th round pick was going to be special and always referred to him as "the value pick". I'll let him toot his own horn on this one though, you know he wants to.
xiledinok
A celebrity backup quarterback with a hot wife! Gotta market it!
Texas Tiger
Hope he's found some humility and is no longer RG ME! And can shake the injury bug and not be RG Knee!
TenBears
Then I'm a Ravens fan. Praying he can stay healthy and figure it out. I will never, ever forget what he did for the school.
EvilTroyAndAbed
marco said:

Grizz Air said:

WAC did! He thought the 4th round pick was going to be special and always referred to him as "the value pick". I'll let him toot his own horn on this one though, you know he wants to.
I don't know how special he is. He's a top 20 QB who played his cards right contractually, and now he's on a team with weapons on offense and a good defense. Special quarterbacks take teams like last year's Skins to the playoffs.

He's serviceable. Can serviceable win a Super Bowl? Of course, especially on a team like the Vikes.
Last Page
Page 1 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.