Football
Sponsored by

CMR was not a Mistake

127,759 Views | 790 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by GoldMind
GoldMind
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Mothra said:

GoldMind said:

Mothra said:

GoldMind said:

Doc Holliday said:

GoldMind said:

CorsicanaBear said:

Briles I no longer care about, he's gone.

Unless CMR can go 6-6 this season he is Steele 2.0, or Beall 3.0 and should be shown the door.

You have to admit 1-11 and a loss to Liberty is one hell of a calling card and certainly ought to make us feel confident.

Are you guys still down with the process if we go 3-9? 2-10? I mean the percentage improvements would be huge.

Who would you replace him with if he's shown the door? That's what the **** I want to hear from y'all.

Dabo?
Bellichick?
Tom Landry?
Les Miles

He was such a good option, it's a shame he got schooped up by another school so quick.
Well, to be fair, his overall record and resume are better than CMR's, and he won a natty, but who's counting?

And what is "schooped"? Another millennial term my geriatric butt doesn't understand?

Oh I'm sorry, gramps, he didn't and still hasn't get hired. ****ty Purdue wouldn't even hire him.
Awesome, dodged a bullet then. He sucks. I bet he wouldn't have won more than a game this past season.

As for "schooped"?

You said that a spread system would help mask our offensive deficiencies, and you're standing up for Les Miles...

Doc Holliday
GoldMind said:

Mothra said:

GoldMind said:

Mothra said:

GoldMind said:

Doc Holliday said:

GoldMind said:

CorsicanaBear said:

Unless CMR can go 6-6 this season he is Steele 2.0, or Beall 3.0 and should be shown the door.

You have to admit 1-11 and a loss to Liberty is one hell of a calling card and certainly ought to make us feel confident.

Are you guys still down with the process if we go 3-9? 2-10? I mean the percentage improvements would be huge.

Who would you replace him with if he's shown the door? That's what the **** I want to hear from y'all.

Dabo?
Bellichick?
Tom Landry?
Les Miles

He was such a good option, it's a shame he got schooped up by another school so quick.
Well, to be fair, his overall record and resume are better than CMR's, and he won a natty, but who's counting?

And what is "schooped"? Another millennial term my geriatric butt doesn't understand?

Oh I'm sorry, gramps, he didn't and still hasn't get hired. ****ty Purdue wouldn't even hire him.
Awesome, dodged a bullet then. He sucks. I bet he wouldn't have won more than a game this past season.

As for "schooped"?

You said that a spread system would help mask our offensive deficiencies, and you're standing up for Les Miles...

Les Miles is studying the Baylor offense and sounds ready to change
https://www.sbnation.com/college-football/2016/11/2/13497512/les-miles-jobs-lsu-baylor
Mothra
GoldMind said:

Mothra said:

GoldMind said:

Mothra said:

GoldMind said:

Doc Holliday said:

GoldMind said:

CorsicanaBear said:

Dabo?
Bellichick?
Tom Landry?
Les Miles

As for "schooped"?

Wrong on both counts. Not standing up for Miles, nor did I say a spread would mask our offensive deficiencies. We ran a spread, just in case you were unaware.

Want to try again?
Gust Avrakotos
I'd like for one of the premium board geniuses to explain to me how in the world our team lost to freaking Liberty.

I'd also like that answer to include something other than the ridiculously stupid and canned "They scored more points than we did".

Queue Frisco bear in 3.....2......1
GoldMind
Mothra said:

GoldMind said:

Mothra said:

GoldMind said:

Mothra said:

GoldMind said:

Doc Holliday said:

GoldMind said:

CorsicanaBear said:

Dabo?
Bellichick?
Tom Landry?
Les Miles

As for "schooped"?

Wrong on both counts. Not standing up for Miles, nor did I say a spread would mask our offensive deficiencies. We ran a spread, just in case you were unaware.

Want to try again?

Mothra said:

GoldMind said:

BUBear24 said:

Mothra said:

BUBear24 said:

sicemkentucky said:

GoldMind said:

Define worst.

Unbearable content?
Merciless negativity?
Horrible opinions?

The list is shorter over here than the miles of dopes on the poor board.
What really amazes me about that crap fest across the tracks is that they completely ignore the valuable stuff that is pinned at the top. Those posts have 1-5 posts, while they have a thread with over a 1000 posts about how much they hate our coach. I wish I could hack stuff, would shut that place down in a hurry.

This X 1000. One of them even made the comment that they have more posts on the never ending CAB/BOR fight 3 years running now over all the free pieces the guys put out to entice them..

And you wonder why they all assume we run a pro system..

Well, to be fair, in this "multiple" offense, Nixon has said his passing game is "pro style," while the running game incorporates more spread and Oregon-style elements.

I wish it was the opposite.

Understand I'm more referring to the 6-7 posters who can't seem to veer from this Big-10, pound in the dirt running game that is completely untrue. It's just as annoying as the Jersey/Fhule nicknames from the arm chair QBs over there. I like conversing on both boards as you know, but most conversations over there digress to a kindergarten mentality until someone gets mad and takes their toys home from the sandbox.

What even funnier to me are those who pretend like briles way is the only way we can win games. Or that the Big10 pound it in the dirt style doesn't win games.

Any offensive system works with the correct personnel.
Gotta disagree with this. Name me all of the teams this past decade that won a natty with the Big 10 pound it in the dirt style? I can't think of one. The closest is Alabama, which converted to a pro-style spread about 6 years ago. The Ohio State's, Alabama, and Clemson's of the world are running a whole lot more spread concepts than plow the earth concepts.

Those systems aren't winning nattys anymore. Briles system was so effective because it could equalize the immense talent gap between teams like Baylor and the blue-bloods. Whether we can have that same kind of success without what was our great equalizer remains to be seen.

Oh I'm sorry, talent gap. Not offensive efficiency.

Les Miles couldn't win with a roster full of 4 and 5 stars but he's gonna come here and win.

LoL
BylrFan
GoldMind said:

BylrFan said:

BeerThief said:

They can also tell us why briles and shillinglaw dropped their lawsuits while theyre at it. Since theyre innocent and whatnot.

Guilty people don't get paid 15 million.

Innocent people don't get fired.

Do you not see how stupid you sound right now? If he got paid zilch, I would agree with you.
D. C. Bear
GoldMind said:

CorsicanaBear said:

Dabo?
Bellichick?
Tom Landry?

It is not if he leaves or is "shown the door," it is when. There are always a good number of reasonable candidates for a job like Baylor's.
D. C. Bear
Gust Avrakotos said:

I'd like for one of the premium board geniuses to explain to me how in the world our team lost to freaking Liberty.

I'd also like that answer to include something other than the ridiculously stupid and canned "They scored more points than we did".

What does the little green "p" mean next to your username?
D. C. Bear
GoldMind said:

BylrFan said:

BeerThief said:

They can also tell us why briles and shillinglaw dropped their lawsuits while theyre at it. Since theyre innocent and whatnot.

What planet do you live on? Is it warm there? Do they have BBQ?
GoldMind
D. C. Bear said:

GoldMind said:

BylrFan said:

BeerThief said:

Oh I forgot, he did no wrong. ESPN made it all up.
BylrFan
GoldMind said:

D. C. Bear said:

GoldMind said:

BylrFan said:

BeerThief said:

15.1 Million - signed by the Board of Regents
GoldMind
BylrFan said:

GoldMind said:

D. C. Bear said:

GoldMind said:

BylrFan said:

BeerThief said:

If you just PM a moderator they can change your sn to BrlsFan
BylrFan
GoldMind said:

BylrFan said:

GoldMind said:

D. C. Bear said:

GoldMind said:

BylrFan said:

BeerThief said:

Yes because you have no defense on why our Board hands out lifetime paydays to those that are "guilty". Have a good day.
CorsicanaBear
Quote:

Who would you replace him with if he's shown the door?
How the heck would I know (or you for that matter)? That's why they hire AD's. Professionals who are supposed to know this stuff. The alleged knowledgeable professional responsible for the CMR hire should also be shown the door if the only candidate he considered for the job can't get to a bowl this year.
Illigitimus non carborundum
GoldMind
BylrFan said:

GoldMind said:

BylrFan said:

GoldMind said:

D. C. Bear said:

GoldMind said:

BylrFan said:

BeerThief said:

Yes because you have no defense on why our Board hands out lifetime paydays to those that are "guilty". Have a good day.

I'm genuinely curious why y'all care so much about the payout. Sell it to me.
BaylorOkie
Do you people ever get tired of arguing this bull**** all the time. Do you have a family? A life? Anything going for you?

This place is a cesspool.
D. C. Bear
GoldMind said:

D. C. Bear said:

GoldMind said:

BylrFan said:

BeerThief said:

I didn't say they were innocent. I asked you which planet you live on since innocent people, unlike on Earth, do not get fired there.
BylrFan
GoldMind said:

BylrFan said:

GoldMind said:

BylrFan said:

GoldMind said:

D. C. Bear said:

GoldMind said:

BylrFan said:

BeerThief said:

Maybe those that are accused of doing harm to our school shouldn't get paid handsomely or at all? Did Penn State pay Joe Pa to leave? Just my thoughts but speaks volumes about how our BOR is run.

And you should care. That 15 million is your money.
GoldMind
D. C. Bear said:

GoldMind said:

D. C. Bear said:

GoldMind said:

BylrFan said:

BeerThief said:

I didn't say they were innocent. I asked you which planet you live on since innocent people, unlike on Earth, do not get fired there.

People generally don't get fired for no reason. Is there a planet where they do?
Mothra
GoldMind said:

Mothra said:

GoldMind said:

Mothra said:

GoldMind said:

Mothra said:

GoldMind said:

Doc Holliday said:

GoldMind said:

CorsicanaBear said:

Dabo?
Bellichick?
Tom Landry?
Les Miles

As for "schooped"?

Want to try again?

Mothra said:

GoldMind said:

BUBear24 said:

Mothra said:

BUBear24 said:

sicemkentucky said:

GoldMind said:

Define worst.

Unbearable content?
Merciless negativity?
Horrible opinions?

What really amazes me about that crap fest across the tracks is that they completely ignore the valuable stuff that is pinned at the top. Those posts have 1-5 posts, while they have a thread with over a 1000 posts about how much they hate our coach. I wish I could hack stuff, would shut that place down in a hurry.

This X 1000. One of them even made the comment that they have more posts on the never ending CAB/BOR fight 3 years running now over all the free pieces the guys put out to entice them..

Well, to be fair, in this "multiple" offense, Nixon has said his passing game is "pro style," while the running game incorporates more spread and Oregon-style elements.

Understand I'm more referring to the 6-7 posters who can't seem to veer from this Big-10, pound in the dirt running game that is completely untrue. It's just as annoying as the Jersey/Fhule nicknames from the arm chair QBs over there. I like conversing on both boards as you know, but most conversations over there digress to a kindergarten mentality until someone gets mad and takes their toys home from the sandbox.

What even funnier to me are those who pretend like briles way is the only way we can win games. Or that the Big10 pound it in the dirt style doesn't win games.

Gotta disagree with this. Name me all of the teams this past decade that won a natty with the Big 10 pound it in the dirt style? I can't think of one. The closest is Alabama, which converted to a pro-style spread about 6 years ago. The Ohio State's, Alabama, and Clemson's of the world are running a whole lot more spread concepts than plow the earth concepts.

Those systems aren't winning nattys anymore. Briles system was so effective because it could equalize the immense talent gap between teams like Baylor and the blue-bloods. Whether we can have that same kind of success without what was our great equalizer remains to be seen.

Les Miles couldn't win with a roster full of 4 and 5 stars but he's gonna come here and win.

LoL
Wrong again. I said Briles' system masked talent deficiencies. I also didn't advocate for Les Miles.

I hope your reading comprehension will improve in the near future.
80sBEAR
GoldMind said:

BylrFan said:

GoldMind said:

BylrFan said:

GoldMind said:

D. C. Bear said:

GoldMind said:

BylrFan said:

BeerThief said:

Apparently our hard earned Baylor Bear Foundation contributions and other gifts to Baylor were used to pay the son of Satan (according to our BOR) $15.1 million. No more.

As an old baylorfans poster used to say, "I can explain it fer ya , but I can't understand it fer ya."
"This is not an institution of football."
-- Dr. David Garland
GoldMind
Mothra said:

GoldMind said:

Mothra said:

GoldMind said:

Mothra said:

GoldMind said:

Mothra said:

GoldMind said:

Doc Holliday said:

GoldMind said:

CorsicanaBear said:

Dabo?
Bellichick?
Tom Landry?
Les Miles

As for "schooped"?

Want to try again?

Mothra said:

GoldMind said:

BUBear24 said:

Mothra said:

BUBear24 said:

sicemkentucky said:

GoldMind said:

Define worst.

Unbearable content?
Merciless negativity?
Horrible opinions?

LoL
Wrong again. I said Briles' system masked talent deficiencies. I also didn't advocate for Les Miles.

I hope your reading comprehension will improve in the near future.

What the actual ****? You really gonna split hairs between "gap" and "deficiencies" ?

Clearly you're reading comprehension sucks since I quoted your own post and you didn't even bother to read it.

I give up. Have fun, Simple Jack
D. C. Bear
GoldMind said:

D. C. Bear said:

GoldMind said:

D. C. Bear said:

GoldMind said:

BylrFan said:

BeerThief said:

People generally don't get fired for no reason. Is there a planet where they do?

Welcome to Earth, third rock from the Sun, where people are fired for no fault of their own every day. You will find we have a wide variety of acceptable climates and a variety of cuisines.

Innocent people are fired a lot more often than guilty people are paid $15.1 million.
bunation
Rhule WAS THE RIGHT HIRE - BETTER THAN WE DESERVED GIVEN THE MEDIA ONSLAUGHT.

Great recruiter.

Underestimated some things.
Crippled by departures & injuries.
Mediocre offensive line.
Coordinators were poor.
Too many "news." New state. New conference. New players. New coaches. New office/bathroom. New pressures from insane media. New BOR. New fans.

I'll gladly give him another year.
BUbearinARK
Gust Avrakotos said:

Buckshot

Edit: sorry G i missed the genius part. Back to my coma
GoldMind
BylrFan said:

GoldMind said:

BylrFan said:

GoldMind said:

BylrFan said:

GoldMind said:

D. C. Bear said:

GoldMind said:

BylrFan said:

BeerThief said:

Maybe those that are accused of doing harm to our school shouldn't get paid handsomely or at all? Did Penn State pay Joe Pa to leave? Just my thoughts but speaks volumes about how our BOR is run.

And you should care. That 15 million is your money.

I don't.

Glad he's not running his mouth about my school, or out telling the TV cameras he's never done anything wrong or dishonest in his life.
DAC
bunation said:

Rhule WAS THE RIGHT HIRE - BETTER THAN WE DESERVED GIVEN THE MEDIA ONSLAUGHT.

Better than 0-12
drahthaar
Guy Noir said:

Mothra said:

GoldMind said:

CorsicanaBear said:

Dabo?
Bellichick?
Tom Landry?
Steele.
Steele could beat Liberty.

I didnt see a Steele team that would have beaten Liberty that day.
Russell Gym
Quit wasting your time. It's the same name-calling, reading comprehension insults with that guy.
D. C. Bear
witchmo said:

Guy Noir said:

Mothra said:

GoldMind said:

CorsicanaBear said:

Dabo?
Bellichick?
Tom Landry?
Steele.
Steele could beat Liberty.

I didnt see a Steele team that would have beaten Liberty that day.

The team that lost to BC in overtime on the road would have beaten them, but that was before they had been fully "Steeled." A lot had to go wrong to (barely) lose that game to Liberty.
FoundationHouse
Paterno was paid his full pension of approximately $13 million. He also cut a sweet deal with the school during contact renegotiations tha occurred during the Sandusky investigation. Some of those terms were met after his death and some weren't but to suggest that Paterno left empty handed is wrong. Quite the opposite in fact.
GoldMind
FoundationHouse said:

Paterno was paid his full pension of approximately $13 million. He also cut a sweet deal with the school during contact renegotiations tha occurred during the Sandusky investigation. Some of those terms were met after his death and some weren't but to suggest that Paterno left empty handed is wrong. Quite the opposite in fact.

Indeed
ColomboLQ
GoldMind said:

D. C. Bear said:

GoldMind said:

D. C. Bear said:

GoldMind said:

BylrFan said:

BeerThief said:

Dude, you may want to quit before you finish proving you are a complete moron rather than just a partial one.
Malbec
ColomboLQ said:

GoldMind said:

D. C. Bear said:

GoldMind said:

D. C. Bear said:

GoldMind said:

BylrFan said:

BeerThief said:

Dude, you may want to quit before you finish proving you are a complete moron rather than just a partial one.
That point in time passed a loooooooooong time ago.
bear2be2
BaylorOkie said:

Do you people ever get tired of arguing this bull**** all the time. Do you have a family? A life? Anything going for you?

This place is a cesspool.
Yep. This should just play on a loop as soon as you log in.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.