Football
Sponsored by

Now to see what the Matt Rhule era at Baylor actually looks like

34,606 Views | 228 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by SATXBear
TheDom
How long do you want to ignore this user?
cowboycwr said:

TheDom said:

cowboycwr said:

Htown387 said:

cowboycwr said:

I stopped reading two sentences in when the author clearly has no clue what he was talking about.

7 win team to 1 win team.... that is all anyone needs to know.

First year coaches win ALL THE TIME.

And yet everyone wants to give Rhule a pass because he is a nice guy or something. All one has to do is watch his post game pressers to see he is lost and has no clue.

And of course if he wins 2 games this year he will be called the savior of Baylor Football.

I can wait for guys/trolls like you to fall on your sword at the end of the season. No way we win anything less than 5 games next season.

It was a clear roster burn last year, nobody was younger in the country.
LOL.

and when we don't win 5 games I will be sure to bring this back up.

And if we do win 5 games who cares??? That is STILL a losing season. I don't celebrate losing. So yeah I will not be falling on my sword at the end of the season unless by some miracle he goes undefeated.

Yes we used a lot of freshmen... because the coach benched players like a 1,000 yard rusher to play the freshmen... and the results were... losses. Lots of them. And now transfers.

Again bro, just like the MBB thread, please follow the team, watch the games, and have a general idea of what is going on before posting.

And again I will own you if that is what you want.

Kansas dominates us in basketball.

We went 1-11.

Only losers would celebrate a losing season.
You are officially the #1 clown on the site.

Good google search for that 111 record info.

Matty will make a bowl game this year.

I doubt you own much of anything.
Lance_smith15
cowboycwr said:

Htown387 said:

cowboycwr said:

I stopped reading two sentences in when the author clearly has no clue what he was talking about.

And yet everyone wants to give Rhule a pass because he is a nice guy or something. All one has to do is watch his post game pressers to see he is lost and has no clue.

And of course if he wins 2 games this year he will be called the savior of Baylor Football.

I can wait for guys/trolls like you to fall on your sword at the end of the season. No way we win anything less than 5 games next season.

LOL.

And if we do win 5 games who cares??? That is STILL a losing season. I don't celebrate losing. So yeah I will not be falling on my sword at the end of the season unless by some miracle he goes undefeated.

Yes we used a lot of freshmen... because the coach benched players like a 1,000 yard rusher to play the freshmen... and the results were... losses. Lots of them. And now transfers.

Congratulations! You're the first user on my ignore list! Why do you enjoy posting about how awful we're going to be, I'll never understand how users continually harp on the same things saying how bad we are. All the negative users says the same stuff over and over again and just run in circles
cowboycwr
TheDom said:

cowboycwr said:

TheDom said:

cowboycwr said:

Htown387 said:

cowboycwr said:

LOL.

Again bro, just like the MBB thread, please follow the team, watch the games, and have a general idea of what is going on before posting.

And again I will own you if that is what you want.

Kansas dominates us in basketball.

We went 1-11.

Only losers would celebrate a losing season.
You are officially the #1 clown on the site.

Good google search for that 111 record info.

Matty will make a bowl game this year.

I doubt you own much of anything.

Coming from you that is a compliment.

No he won't. He can't beat liberty.

I don't have to google my facts. Everyone knows he went 1-11. The article in the op even states it.
cowboycwr
Lance_smith15 said:

cowboycwr said:

Htown387 said:

cowboycwr said:

LOL.

Congratulations! You're the first user on my ignore list! Why do you enjoy posting about how awful we're going to be, I'll never understand how users continually harp on the same things saying how bad we are. All the negative users says the same stuff over and over again and just run in circles

Should I be offended or honored?

Why is stating facts being negative?

I don't enjoy posting about how the bor has killed Baylor football. But it is the reality we live in. Sorry if you think that is negative. Actually no I'm not sorry. It's the state of Baylor football until Rhule proves he can beat a lowly team like liberty.
Lance_smith15
cowboycwr said:

Lance_smith15 said:

cowboycwr said:

Htown387 said:

cowboycwr said:

LOL.

I don't enjoy posting about how the bor has killed Baylor football. But it is the reality we live in. Sorry if you think that is negative. Actually no I'm not sorry. It's the state of Baylor football until Rhule proves he can beat a lowly team like liberty.

Actually, your posts contained multiple opinions so not all facts
Mothra
Really good article, and I think a pretty fair assessment. We should win at least 6 games this year, and maybe even 1 or 2 more. I wouldn't be surprised if we shock a couple of teams this year. Hell, we very nearly shocked college football with wins over OU and WVU last year. Who's to say we don't win 1 (or 2) of those games this year? If Iowa State can have a quick turnaround, why not us?

I have been on record as saying the first couple of games were inexcusable and I didn't like CMR's approach of burning down the building, but I think this team is going to be vastly improved this year. Let's wait and see.
hodedofome
Mothra said:

Really good article, and I think a pretty fair assessment. We should win at least 6 games this year, and maybe even 1 or 2 more. I wouldn't be surprised if we shock a couple of teams this year. Hell, we very nearly shocked college football with wins over OU and WVU last year. Who's to say we don't win 1 (or 2) of those games this year? If Iowa State can have a quick turnaround, why not us?

I have been on record as saying the first couple of games were inexcusable and I didn't like CMR's approach of burning down the building, but I think this team is going to be vastly improved this year. Let's wait and see.

My concern is we were close in a few games but couldn't close the deal. There are slick salespeople who can have lots of friends but closers are closers.

That, and we were playing behind in just about every game last year. The strategy of starting slow and having to play catch-up is a poor one.
TheDom
Lance_smith15 said:

cowboycwr said:

Lance_smith15 said:

cowboycwr said:

Htown387 said:

cowboycwr said:

LOL.

His posts are wild speculation based on some generic fact which obviously mean something. Opinions he expresses aren't even thoughtful or genuine. Worst part is he wants to tell you how to feel about some generic fact and how silly you are if don't agree. I'm convienced he doesn't even watch the games and/or form his own opinion. In a nutshell, he the worst possible combination, arrogance + ignorance.
Lance_smith15
Agreed
IASIP Rocks
Stranger said:

Crash Davis said:

Figured Stanger would want to sit a few plays out after claiming we dumped Knoll for budgetary reasons and then watching us hire the best coach in college tennis weeks later.

But I guess that would require some self awareness and/or humility.
Baylor may have hired a great new tennis coach, but so far he has won zero national championships at Baylor.
What. The. What.
forza orsi
IASIP Rocks said:

Stranger said:

Crash Davis said:

Figured Stanger would want to sit a few plays out after claiming we dumped Knoll for budgetary reasons and then watching us hire the best coach in college tennis weeks later.

Baylor may have hired a great new tennis coach, but so far he has won zero national championships at Baylor.
What. The. What.
It's like if we hired Saban as our football coach and our fans took a wait-and-see attitude on whether or not he'd be any good.
CorsicanaBear
Quote:

It's like if we hired Saban as our football coach and our fans took a wait-and-see attitude on whether or not he'd be any good.
While I think its foolish not to think Coach Boland will have tremendous success at Baylor, that position is more logical and defensible than being all in on the guy who went 1-11 and lost to Liberty here last year. I was all in on CMR going into last season based on his track record at Temple. My optimism did not make it past the first game.
Illigitimus non carborundum
Tenacious D
Sprite said:

Very fair article.

For all intents and purposes, this is Coach Rhule's first season on the job. It would be reckless and impatient to question the lack of results before another three years, at the earliest.

This is the first time I have read a statement by you that was clear, coherent, and wasn't coded in irony and/or sarcasm.

Great post.
Ludwig von Missi
Tenacious D said:

Sprite said:

Very fair article.

For all intents and purposes, this is Coach Rhule's first season on the job. It would be reckless and impatient to question the lack of results before another three years, at the earliest.

This is the first time I have read a statement by you that was clear, coherent, and wasn't coded in irony and/or sarcasm.

Great post.
LOL don't take the bait. He just got you.
Tenacious D
Crash Davis said:

Tenacious D said:

Sprite said:

Very fair article.

Great post.
LOL don't take the bait. He just got you.
True...at least this sarcasm comment is readable
cowboycwr
TheDom said:

Lance_smith15 said:

cowboycwr said:

Lance_smith15 said:

cowboycwr said:

Htown387 said:

cowboycwr said:

LOL.

His posts are wild speculation based on some generic fact which obviously mean something. Opinions he expresses aren't even thoughtful or genuine. Worst part is he wants to tell you how to feel about some generic fact and how silly you are if don't agree. I'm convienced he doesn't even watch the games and/or form his own opinion. In a nutshell, he the worst possible combination, arrogance + ignorance.

Wild speculation? 1-11 is a fact. Not speculation.

Losing to liberty is a fact.

You are the one spouting speculation about how many games we will win.

Sadly I watched everyone of our games last year. Every single loss on our way to 1-11.
cowboycwr
Lance_smith15 said:

Agreed

And you are wrong just as he is.
TheDom
cowboycwr said:

Lance_smith15 said:

Agreed

And you are wrong just as he is.
Yes, we already know by now you think you smarter than everyone else and always right about everything. People like you who don't get it, don't know they don't get it.

Hopefully you stay on the site past your $1 for the summer promotion into football season so you can eat crow.
boognish_bear
Tenacious D
boognish_bear said:

BOOOOOO.........we want Briles, BOR, and RAPE here........don't want to see anything that is good
PacificBear
[url=https://twitter.com/CFBNW][/url]
[url=https://twitter.com/CFBNW][/url]CFB Now@CFBNW
[url=https://twitter.com/CFBNW][/url]
[url=https://twitter.com/CFBNW/status/1004741408916410373][/url]

[url=https://twitter.com/CFBNW/status/1004741408916410373][/url]

Top Coaching Staffs for 2018:

1. Alabama
2. Clemson
3. Ohio State
4. Washington
5. Georgia
6. Auburn
7. Michigan
8. Va Tech
9. TCU
10. Michigan State
11. Penn State
12. Oklahoma State
13. Texas A&M
14. Oklahoma
15. Texas
8:06 AM - Jun 7, 2018
Lance_smith15
"I stopped reading two sentences in when the author clearly has no clue what he was talking about."

Opinion. Also, are you seriously implying that Bill Connelly has no idea what he's talking about? Covering college football is his job, pretty sure he knows what he's talking about..

"7 win team to 1 win team.... that is all anyone needs to know."
Opinion

"First year coaches win ALL THE TIME."

This statement implies that Matt Rhule had a similar situation to another successful first year coach which is a laughable claim.

"And yet everyone wants to give Rhule a pass because he is a nice guy or something. All one has to do is watch his post game pressers to see he is lost and has no clue."

Who's giving Rhule a pass? 1-11 is unacceptable and should never happen again. Also, "he is lost and has no clue" opinion. I didn't think that NFL teams interviewed people that are lost and have no clue

"And of course if he wins 2 games this year he will be called the savior of Baylor Football."

Opinion. If Rhule wins 2 games next season I garauntee you that no one on this board will he applauding him.

Just stop..
Friscobear
forza orsi said:

IASIP Rocks said:

Stranger said:

Crash Davis said:

What. The. What.

He will only get one season to win the NC or he will be considered a loser, even if he rebuilds the roster.
DAC
Tenacious D said:

boognish_bear said:

BOOOOOO.........we want Briles, BOR, and RAPE here........don't want to see anything that is good

Heck yeah we're getting some preseason love here boys, don't y'all worry about those win loss records
IASIP Rocks
forza orsi said:

IASIP Rocks said:

Stranger said:

Crash Davis said:

What. The. What.

That's exactly what I was thinking.

Baylor hires Saban.
Stranger (in week three): How many national championships has he won at Baylor? Zero. I think I've made my point. Rhoades is a moron.
TheDom
IASIP Rocks said:

forza orsi said:

IASIP Rocks said:

Stranger said:

Crash Davis said:

What. The. What.

That's exactly what I was thinking.

Baylor hires Saban.
Stranger (in week three): How many national championships has he won at Baylor? Zero. I think I've made my point. Rhoades is a moron.
HAHAHAHA Yes! And then when you point out the fault in their logic they say, "the mob just wants to shout me down and doesn't want anyone to disagree"
GhettoHEBear
Tenacious D said:

Sprite said:

Very fair article.

Great post.
What the....???
Baylor Mafioso
cowboycwr
Lance_smith15 said:

"I stopped reading two sentences in when the author clearly has no clue what he was talking about."

Opinion. Also, are you seriously implying that Bill Connelly has no idea what he's talking about? Covering college football is his job, pretty sure he knows what he's talking about..

Opinion

This statement implies that Matt Rhule had a similar situation to another successful first year coach which is a laughable claim.

"And yet everyone wants to give Rhule a pass because he is a nice guy or something. All one has to do is watch his post game pressers to see he is lost and has no clue."

Who's giving Rhule a pass? 1-11 is unacceptable and should never happen again. Also, "he is lost and has no clue" opinion. I didn't think that NFL teams interviewed people that are lost and have no clue

"And of course if he wins 2 games this year he will be called the savior of Baylor Football."

Opinion. If Rhule wins 2 games next season I garauntee you that no one on this board will he applauding him.

Just stop..

I said nothing of the sort. You took it that way. I simply said he had no idea what he is talking about in this one article. He may cover college football but that does not mean he could possibly know and understand everything happening with all 128 teams. This article shows that.

7 wins to 1 win is an absolute fact. Stop trying to pretend it isn't.

First year coaches win all the time. Fact. The situation had little to do with it. You and all the others who want to support a guy who can't even beat LIBERTY want to use it as a crutch. But again it comes back to the 7 win team being lead by such a great coach that he can only beat one team.

You are giving him a pass by saying that "the situation" didn't provide for winning. So which is it? The situation was so horrible that he could not have been expected to beat such mighty teams like liberty and utsa or he gets a pass?

You're contradicting yourself Francis.

Have you taken a look at some of the guys who have NFL jobs???

Yes there will be people applauding rhule if he only wins 2 games. The same as you and others applause him for winning 1 game.

So again everything I said is fact but people like you want change reality and bury your head in the sand and call it opinion.

Rhule cannot even beat liberty and utsa.

Let that sink in. And then you be the one to stop. You are defending a coach who lost to those teams. Liberty. Utsa. Liberty. Freaking liberty.

forza orsi
cowboycwr said:

Lance_smith15 said:

Opinion

Just stop..

I said nothing of the sort. You took it that way. I simply said he had no idea what he is talking about in this one article. He may cover college football but that does not mean he could possibly know and understand everything happening with all 128 teams. This article shows that.

First year coaches win all the time. Fact. The situation had little to do with it. You and all the others who want to support a guy who can't even beat LIBERTY want to use it as a crutch. But again it comes back to the 7 win team being lead by such a great coach that he can only beat one team.

7 wins to 1 win IS an absolute fact. You just like to pretend that the drop off was mainly due to coaching. The 7 win year was a pretty crappy year too when you look at it. We started with 6 straight wins, which were 3 nonconference cupcakes, Iowa State, Kansas, and somehow got it together for a win over Okie State. All of that was with Seth Russell at QB. It was then followed by 6 straight losses when we played decent teams, that including complete hammerings from TCU, OU, Tech, and KSU. Most of that without Seth. And we got it together for a bowl game victory over an uninspired Boise State. So pointing to the 7 wins the previous year as an indication of how much worse we were in 2017 is disingenuous, as we were pretty crappy in 2016 too.

From that mediocre at best 2016 team we lost our starting QB, starting RB, our 3 best receivers, 3 starting DBs and 2 contributors, starting LB, starting DT, and starting C to graduation or early to the NFL. Additionally, Sean Muir and Dom Desouza retired and Johnny Jefferson left school. Our 2016 recruiting class basically vanished, and Stidham had transferred, a couple of other guys got in trouble (Hammad, Autry, Faulk), so there was pretty much nothing to replace all the talent that left.

Pretending like Rhule walked into a situation where he had a winner just waiting to be led is ridiculous. We had a team that was lucky to be .500 in 2016 that lost all its best players and replaced them with some half-decent true freshmen. If you take what was left and look at the injuries they had, the 2017 team was set up to lose a bunch of games, regardless.
bunation
Overall good piece.

Still quoting the media-fraud-line on Baylor, however:

"We know why, of course. Rhule inherited a program that was dealing with a massive sexual assault problem and coming off of a season with an interim coach."

...still not one Briles' player has been convicted of a "sexual assault" since his wrongful dismissal.

NOT FRICKIN ONE.
TheDom
cowboycwr said:

Lance_smith15 said:

Opinion

Just stop..

You are giving him a pass by saying that "the situation" didn't provide for winning. So which is it? The situation was so horrible that he could not have been expected to beat such mighty teams like liberty and utsa or he gets a pass?

Yes there will be people applauding rhule if he only wins 2 games. The same as you and others applause him for winning 1 game.

So again everything I said is fact but people like you want change reality and bury your head in the sand and call it opinion.

Let that sink in. And then you be the one to stop. You are defending a coach who lost to those teams. Liberty. Utsa. Liberty. Freaking liberty.

Your new name is Mr. Google. You state one fact like "Baylor was 1-11 last year" and then rattle off 15 opinions based on that one fact and then claim everything you said is fact. Your OPINIONS lack context, any insight, and are generic.
cowboycwr
TheDom said:

cowboycwr said:

Lance_smith15 said:

Opinion

Just stop..

Your new name is Mr. Google. You state one fact like "Baylor was 1-11 last year" and then rattle off 15 opinions based on that one fact and then claim everything you said is fact. Your OPINIONS lack context, any insight, and are generic.

Must be slow on the premium boards lately.
Lance_smith15
cowboycwr said:

Lance_smith15 said:

Opinion

Just stop..

lol check back with me in January
Timbear
It would be great if Lance is right. Really.
TheDom
That's exactly what I said to cowboycwr in other thread, hopefully he has the balls to keep his subscription through the season and not leave or change his poster name.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.