Football
Sponsored by

Out of conference scheduling

15,150 Views | 126 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by xiledinok
PartyBear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Thee your glorious 1980 season which you can't let go of and the reason you dislike the accomplishments of teens so much we got whipped by Bama. The fans showed up to the Cotton Bowl but the team never made it to the game. Oh and remember we played cream puff San Jose out of conference. Thee remember how you made them look powerful?

Anyway Good teams lose sometimes. I mean San Jose was not as great as great as you made them look were they Thee?

xiledinok
Thee University said:

The ONLY way Baylor was ever going to get in with that murderers row of non-conference giants was to win out.

BU 44
OSU & WVU 90

Not even close!

I threw up weekly listening to you guys prop up our Pansy Parade as the "smart" scheduling choice. You guys crowed every year about how we were going to go undefeated and slip in.

Mullet Man and Dana "Little Leach" Holgorsen beat the tar out of us before our colossal collapses on the big stage.

Lack of discipline. Plain & simple.

The Briles Brats would rather be 3-0 with the illusion we were headed to the national championship. Contenders don't give up 35 at home to the middle of the pack Southland squads.

REX
PartyBear said:

Thee your glorious 1980 season which you can't let go of and the reason you dislike the accomplishments of teens so much we got whipped by Bama. The fans showed up to the Cotton Bowl but the team never made it to the game. Oh and remember we played cream puff San Jose out of conference. Thee remember how you made them look powerful?

Anyway Good teams lose sometimes. I mean San Jose was not as great as great as you made them look were they Thee?

I would rank that cotton bowl as the most embarrassing game ever before last year.
Just my opinion
xiledinok
REX said:

PartyBear said:

I would rank that cotton bowl as the most embarrassing game ever before last year.
Just my opinion
I would rank the TCU 2016 as the most embarrassing game ever by a wide margin and I pay for my tickets. Fat Pat didn't break a sweat.
REX
xiledinok said:

REX said:

PartyBear said:

Just my opinion
I would rank the TCU 2016 as the most embarrassing game ever by a wide margin and I pay for my tickets. Fat Pat didn't break a sweat.

I've never watched a Baylor football game live that I didn't pay for the tickets. Try to get some sleep
xiledinok
REX said:

xiledinok said:

REX said:

PartyBear said:

Just my opinion

I've never watched a Baylor football game live that I didn't pay for the tickets. Try to get some sleep
Wouldn't have been able to conclude it with your conclusion that losing to Alabama by 4 touchdowns coached by Bear Bryant was worse than getting professionally embarrassed on Art Briles Day to his biggest old enemy Fat Pat.

Think before you tweet.
REX
xiledinok said:

REX said:

xiledinok said:

REX said:

PartyBear said:

Just my opinion

Wouldn't have been able to conclude it with your conclusion that losing to Alabama by 4 touchdowns coached by Bear Bryant was worse than getting professionally embarrassed on Art Briles Day to his biggest old enemy Fat Pat.

Think before you tweet.

You must be really tired.
This is a message board not Twitter that by the way I don't follow
xiledinok
REX said:

xiledinok said:

REX said:

xiledinok said:

REX said:

PartyBear said:

Just my opinion

Think before you tweet.

You must be really tired.
This is a message board not Twitter that by the way I don't follow

You are just tired and bitter. Remember the tweet prior to the TCU game? If you don't, you won't understand the embarrassment it caused the authors.
Timbear
Our non-conference schedule for this year, scheduled by Briles and Ian, did not show up on the list of weakest nc schedules in the Nation, nor even made the honorable mention list of weakest schedules.
xiledinok
Timbear said:

Our non-conference schedule for this year, scheduled by Briles and Ian, did not show up on the list of weakest nc schedules in the Nation, nor even made the honorable mention list of weakest schedules.

Duke and midnight games 12 time zones away to play games at 3 a.m. was their innovation for tv. Innovation to March tv back to WAC football coverage in 1991.
Timbear
Huh?
REX
xiledinok said:

Timbear said:

Duke and midnight games 12 time zones away to play games at 3 a.m. was their innovation for tv. Innovation to March tv back to WAC football coverage in 1991.

Try and get some rest little buddy and come back and make coherent sentences.
It's going to be ok
Thee University
PartyBear said:

1/1/1987

That is when I let go of it. You need to read my stuff more often. I've stated this numerous times over the past several years.

The 1985 and 1986 Bear teams were every bit as good if not better than the 1979-80 teams.

January 1, 1987 I woke up in Houston hung over and readily acknowledged that a Baylor team had matched or even exceeded the accomplishments of the Cotton Bowl team. Hell, the 1956 team might have been even better than that.

My pride rests only with going undefeated in conference play.

San Jose was not real good but they spread the field at a time that few teams did and they capitalized on our mistakes. 4 interceptions and 2 fumbles hurt.

Having given away a game that knocked us out of the national championship game, I hurt even more for the Bears when they folded against OSU and WVU. I knew more than you will ever imagine how those losses derailed our best chances of making it to the playoffs.
"The education of a man is never completed until he dies." - General Robert E. Lee
Thee University
REX said:

PartyBear said:

Just my opinion
Worse than the Lamar loss of 1981? In Waco? Seriously?
"The education of a man is never completed until he dies." - General Robert E. Lee
xiledinok
REX said:

xiledinok said:

Timbear said:

Try and get some rest little buddy and come back and make coherent sentences.

Rex, stop being angry and bitter. No one respected the schedule. Ian was not innovative and winning a game at 3 am to court rugby players to try American football for recruiting was perfect for Hawaii and no one else. Wait a waste of time. Just play a power at Jerry World.
REX
Thee University said:

REX said:

PartyBear said:

Just my opinion

National stage vs. ????
At that time probably zero tv coverage
Timbear
For perspective, Ohio State got beat 59-0 in a recent bowl game. Post season games are crap shoots.
xiledinok
REX said:

Thee University said:

REX said:

PartyBear said:

Just my opinion

National stage vs. ????

Was there enough coverage of the unprofessional tweet and performance versus TCU?
You are bitter and angry because the way things turned out. It really must annoy you that the outside the bubble folks believe your trash caused 1-11.
REX
xiledinok said:

REX said:

Thee University said:

REX said:

PartyBear said:

Just my opinion

National stage vs. ????

Was there enough coverage of the unprofessional tweet and performance versus TCU?
You are bitter and angry because the way things turned out. It really must annoy you that the outside the bubble folks believe your trash caused 1-11.

Ha on cue here comes sleepless!!
Please please try to get some sleep little buddy it's going to be ok
Thee University
Timbear said:

For perspective, Ohio State got beat 59-0 in a recent bowl game. Post season games are crap shoots.
Post season games are a HUGE recruiting tool. I see how this fits your agenda though.

Post season is a must for any program wishing to get extra practice time in, recruiting advantages, school exposure and pleasing the demanding alumni.

Losing your bowl game is a kick in the gut.

Winning the 2014 Peach Bowl is how TCU finished ranked #3 in both the coaches and AP after we tied them for the Big 12 Championship. They were #3 and we were #8.
Thee University
REX said:

Thee University said:

REX said:

PartyBear said:

Just my opinion

National stage vs. ????
True. Baylor's national stage presence has been a bust since our 1956 Sugar Bowl victory over #2 Tennessee.
Timbear
Thee, I didn't say that the RESULTS of a bowl game don't matter, I said a team's performance is a crap shoot after being off for a month.
xiledinok
REX said:

xiledinok said:

REX said:

Thee University said:

REX said:

PartyBear said:

Just my opinion

National stage vs. ????

Ha on cue here comes sleepless!!
Please please try to get some sleep little buddy it's going to be ok

Rex, I had already been working several hours. I slept well last night. I m almost done today.
You are a bitter, angry dad, whose son had one of the more embarrassing weekends in the history of college football.
Your pride is on par with the stories I heard about Michael Jordan's dad though it won't end like James.

Get a conscious and stop acting like you guys are class.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.