Football
Sponsored by

Jalen Hurd prediction thread

2,996 Views | 34 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by RealLarryDon
PEPT11
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I think one of the more interesting questions about the team this year is how Jalen Hurd will perform at WR. I've heard some predictions about a huge season from Hurd, but my guess is that it will be a solid (but not spectacular) total. Here's my prediction:

525 yards receiving - 7 touchdowns
70 yards rushing - 1 touchdown

I think the new position will take some getting used to. Also, the fact that we have other accomplished receivers in Platt and Mims, as well as Atkinson, Holmes, and Snead, may make it difficult to get a ton of catches. Lastly, I'm not convinced that our unproven offensive coordinators will be able to use him to his full potential.

Any other predictions/thoughts?
Dia del DougO
PEPT11 said:

I think one of the more interesting questions about the team this year is how Jalen Hurd will perform at WR. I've heard some predictions about a huge season from Hurd, but my guess is that it will be a solid (but not spectacular) total. Here's my prediction:

What about the second half?
"The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what you share with someone else when you're uncool."
Grizz Air
Dia del DougO said:

PEPT11 said:

Lololol
Grizz Air
I agree the offensive coordinator(s) will still be clueless but i predict receiving 860 yards, 8 TDs and no rushing yards or TDs
chorne68
I say he is a thousand yard receiver. We will have two this year.
PEPT11
chorne68 said:

I say he is a thousand yard receiver. We will have two this year.

Hope you're right! That would be an amazing team and individual achievement.
PEPT11
Dia del DougO said:

PEPT11 said:

So, a bit of clarification. That receiving yardage total would have made him our second leading receiver last season. Although there's no doubt that Platt would've been over that if he'd stayed healthy.
Forest Bueller
75 receptions 1256 yards 11tds

8 rushes for 106 yards 2 tds

First round NFL draft pick.
SigTauBear
Bueller has it right.
dave714
PEPT11 said:

I think the new position will take some getting used to. Also, the fact that we have other accomplished receivers in Platt and Mims, as well as Atkinson, Holmes, and Snead, may make it difficult to get a ton of catches. Lastly, I'm not convinced that our unproven offensive coordinators will be able to use him to his full potential.

Any other predictions/thoughts?

Put a 2 or 3 in front of your rushing prediction.
BoonDockSaint
Regardless of him being here as a WR

He'd be a fool if he didn't line up at TB in goaline downs when needed

Dia del DougO
I'm not going to do a whole lot of speculating about a receiver who I've never actually seen catch a football.

Put it on paper.
"The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what you share with someone else when you're uncool."
BUbearinARK
Dia del DougO said:

I'm not going to do a whole lot of speculating about a receiver who I've never actually seen catch a football.

Put it on paper.
So you're saying you will do a little speculating?
I’m an optimist!

And /S in case I missed it

TE
Matthew Klopfenstein 1 catch/5 yds
Keyser Soze
One Billion Dollars Yards

Keyser Soze
80 rec for 1050 yrds

48 rush for 350 yds
Sampi82
BoonDockSaint said:

Regardless of him being here as a WR

He'd be a fool if he didn't line up at TB in goaline downs when needed

And used with jet sweeps.
BaylorRocks
450 yds 4 TD's
8 games played this year
Midnight Rider
If he avoids injury he will be in the running for the Heisman.
BaylorRocks
Midnight Rider said:

If he avoids injury he will be in the running for the Heisman.
Pass the roach.....
vanillabryce
60 catches 1,037 yards
130 rush yards 2 TDs
1 pass TD 6 yards passing
PacificBear
Who's calling plays? Where is he lining up? Way to many questions to make predictions. I hope they find every possible way to get him the ball, but.................................
la1037
I think he will win the Heisman and hold up the Natty trophy for the Bears.

Anyone who doesn't agree with that is not a true Baylor fan.

"We are unaware of any situation where you personally had contact with anyone who directly reported to you being the victim of sexual assault or that you directly discouraged the victim of an alleged sexual assault from reporting to law enforcement or university officials. Nor are we aware of any situation where you played a student athlete who had been found responsible for sexual assault.”
- Chris Holmes, Baylor General Counsel
OsoCoreyell
la1037 said:

If you mean the "Natty Lite" trophy...then I totally agree with you.
Cove Dawg
Not optimistic for his chances, as good as you may be as a WR you still have to have a QB that can stretch the field to rack up the yardage and TD's. We don't have that, unless Brewer's arm has gotten much stronger over the off-season.
BUBear24
OsoCoreyell said:

la1037 said:

If you mean the "Natty Lite" trophy...then I totally agree with you.
Gonna be hard to take that from TCU
Cove Dawg
Please!
dstaylor57
Probably 3-5 carries per game, 5 rushing touchdowns. 1000+ yards receiving 10 tds.
Dia del DougO
I hope the offense produces somebody that can put up those kinds of numbers that many are projecting. I don't really care which one it is. And then another guy that's close and a running back or two that kick some ass.

I need to see it.
BUBear24
Dia del DougO said:

I hope the offense produces somebody that can put up those kinds of numbers that many are projecting. I don't really care which one it is. And then another guy that's close and a running back or two that kick some ass.

I need to see it.

Sucks Platt got hurt. During the OU game he was starting to remind me of past burners like Kevin Reese. I hope with improved OL/Charlie's arm strength we have that ability. I liken CB to Nick Florence at least in my mind.
Krieg
Dia del DougO said:

I need to see it.

Agreed. Until he's actually done something he's an unknown, and our team is already full of unknowns.

This is what I said when people projected 8 wins for Rhule about 365 days ago as well. They're nobodies until they've succeeded at Baylor.

I hope he's great, but even if he is I don't see more than 1k yards. We have a lot of options in the passing game, Rhule would prefer to be run-centric, we won't have anywhere near the quantity of snaps we had in the old offense, and I'm not sold we're going to throw deep all that often. Add in that it's his first season as a WR and I think we'll see flashes of greatness but nothing consistent.

700 yards seems about right, and I bet he's utilized on jet sweeps and screens.
Jacques Strap
He has been so hyped it is going to be hard to reach the level lot of people are expecting. He'll probably be a good player but when you are featured on lists like "10 players to watch this season" it is hard to live up to the lofty expectations.
Schmidty
Cove Dawg said:

Not optimistic for his chances, as good as you may be as a WR you still have to have a QB that can stretch the field to rack up the yardage and TD's. We don't have that, unless Brewer's arm has gotten much stronger over the off-season.
lol
Bear8084
Cove Dawg said:

It's not like Brewer broke records and got Big 12 offensive co-freshman of the year honors or anything like that...
Beartrack
You must not have watched Brewer last year. He did a fantastic job under incredible pressure.
If Charlies arm is healed up as they say it is, our Rex corps should be healthier, much improved an dour OL should be much improved. Our Offense should be 10 points per game better. IF our D is 7 points better, and we change the turnover ratio to our favor we will be salty
Originally BearTracks 🐻 on BF
boognish_bear
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.