Football
Sponsored by

Why are so many leaving?

9,609 Views | 58 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by cowboycwr
shosgd
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Why have so many players left in the last three weeks??
BellCountyBear
Because stfu, that's why.
Sailor Bear
T9
PT
New transfer rules.
Limited IQ Redneck in PU
Writing on the wall
BBWCBear
Maybe after a few minutes on campus some players aren't buying Li'l Matty's Process just like some fans aren't.
Bear8084
Limited IQ Redneck in PU said:

Writing on the wall

What writing is that? Why hasn't every other player left? And how many players do other schools lose usually on average?
ABC BEAR
Does somebody have "The Junction Boy's" playing on a continuous loop over there?
OldSchoolBU
Rhule's style of football is demanding. I hate to see the attrition but we are talking all guys that are NOT in the two deep so far.

Hall
Artis
Davis
Harris
Lewis

Harris hurts the most of that group. Hard to find quality DL. But he and Lewis made poor decisions at the wrong school. In this environment, it may not have mattered what school they were at.

In the big scheme of things, could make way for the next Jalen Hurd, James Lockhart and Jake Fruhmorgen or at least open up some valuable scholarships for the 2019 class.
The past is last! Be a champion today!
Loaded4Bear
BellCountyBear said:

No, that is not the reason.
"It it ain't broke, get a bigger hammer!"
bularry
BBWCBear said:

Maybe after a few minutes on campus some players aren't buying Li'l Matty's Process just like some fans aren't.

That's it. They are smelling out the fraud BOR and their yankee coach. They are recognizing only the return of the BAA, Briles and the SWC can save us!!!
bularry
Loaded4Bear said:

BellCountyBear said:

Share with us, sage insider
Thee University
It is a sign of the times. Parents are allowed to move their kids from public to private and back to public schools until their kid is the starter/superstar.

I believe that this is going to be a common occurence going forward. Kids get into the program and quickly realize that they are not going to be a starter or get much playing time. Instead of working harder to improve their place on the depth chart they go on down the road to another school that shows them some respect.

If a kid is good enough and has a good attitude I can guarantee you that the coaching staff will do everything in their power to pump the kid up and retain him.

I'm glad that we are purging those that do not want to be here, do not want to be a part of the rebuild and would likely be a discipline problem in the future anyway. If a kid does not want to be a Baylor Bear we need to have a packing/moving crew on staff to get their @$$e$ out of school and off campus immediately.

This is nothing new. Players threaten to leave every year. They have been doing this for years. For all of the outward confidence and showboating most are scared $h!tless due to competition. The difference is that now society has made quitting and starting over somewhere else easier to do and accept.

It is a cog in the "Participation Trophy/Juice Box Era" machine.
"The education of a man is never completed until he dies." - General Robert E. Lee
Loaded4Bear
bularry said:

Loaded4Bear said:

BellCountyBear said:

Instability, uncertainty, and lack of leadership. These kids want more football and less drama. I cannot blame any of them for seeking it out elsewhere. Hope this helps.
"It it ain't broke, get a bigger hammer!"
hodedofome
In the case of Hall, it appears it was going to be a while before he was going to see the field. Multi-year project sort of thing, and possible that at the end of the project, he still wouldn't have been a starter.

With new transfer rules however, this might become a regular thing.
Backporch
shosgd said:

Because they've figured out they aren't going to get any playing time.

Welcome to the sport of football.
Backporch
BBWCBear said:

Maybe you have zero clue and are just being a ******bag.
RealLarryDon
So Rhule's staff's talent evaluation process can't identify prospects who meet his "demanding" style," in spite of football camps, campus visits, watching games and video, and talking to HS coaches? That's a concern in and of itself.

I'm always amazed at how a few people in this thread are the first to bark on NSD about how this kid or that kid is a "diamond in the rough," even though their offer list suggests otherwise. Then the minute that person leaves the program it's the "oh, he would have never played anyway."
BaylorBJM
BBWCBear said:

Do you touch yourself every time you type "Lil Matty"?
CastleBear
RealLarryDon said:

So Rhule's staff's talent evaluation process can't identify prospects who meet his "demanding" style," in spite of football camps, campus visits, watching games and video, and talking to HS coaches? That's a concern in and of itself.

I'm always amazed at how a few people in this thread are the first to bark on NSD about how this kid or that kid is a "diamond in the rough," even though their offer list suggests otherwise. Then the minute that person leaves the program it's the "oh, he would have never played anyway."
You act like we are the only school that has players that leave. It happens at EVERY single school.

And some diamonds in the rough stay rough and never develop. That happens at EVERY single school too!
BUBear24
OldSchoolBU said:

Rhule's style of football is demanding. I hate to see the attrition but we are talking all guys that are NOT in the two deep so far.

Hall
Artis
Davis
Harris
Lewis

Harris hurts the most of that group. Hard to find quality DL. But he and Lewis made poor decisions at the wrong school. In this environment, it may not have mattered what school they were at.

In the big scheme of things, could make way for the next Jalen Hurd, James Lockhart and Jake Fruhmorgen or at least open up some valuable scholarships for the 2019 class.

Unfortunately two of those transfers are not even football issues but T9 issues. They got delayed just like Blanchard for so long they were forced to move on or be stuck in T9 limbo.

Hall is one of 20 OL we have on roster now, and most of those kids are either Fr or So so I imagine knowing he was a 2-3 year project that he figured he's shot of actual PT is slim.

Artis is only one I wish didn't but it is what it is.
canoso
BUBear24 said:

OldSchoolBU said:

Hall
Artis
Davis
Harris
Lewis

Unfortunately two of those transfers are not even football issues but T9 issues. They got delayed just like Blanchard for so long they were forced to move on or be stuck in T9 limbo.

Seems to me that the last thing that Baylor would want to face is the potential for still more lawsuits against us, this time by football players involved in "delayed" Title IX investigations
bularry
Loaded4Bear said:

bularry said:

Loaded4Bear said:

BellCountyBear said:

Instability, uncertainty, and lack of leadership. These kids want more football and less drama. I cannot blame any of them for seeking it out elsewhere. Hope this helps.
you know this from their direct words to you, or is this your speculation? You might be right, but I'm curious if you "know" for certain what you are saying.
bularry
RealLarryDon said:

I think having kids leave after one year is a legit criticism. But it certainly isn't unique to Baylor and I do think a couple of these were kids that knew they were likely to play much, if at all. wish them all the best.
BaylorBJM
bularry said:

Loaded4Bear said:

bularry said:

Loaded4Bear said:

BellCountyBear said:

you know this from their direct words to you, or is this your speculation? You might be right, but I'm curious if you "know" for certain what you are saying.

Larry- Loaded is one of the least plugged in, least reasonable posters on this entire website. He's the website's unofficial clown and he's been banned on at least one occasion.

No one takes him seriously and neither should you.
Dia del DougO
They're sick of people trying to sell them BU boots every time they turn around.
"The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what you share with someone else when you're uncool."
Dia del DougO
BBWCBear said:

They were discouraged after they raised the height of the Li'l Tikes basket 2 inches.
"The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what you share with someone else when you're uncool."
BUBear24
Dia del DougO said:

They're sick of people trying to sell them BU boots every time they turn around.
BUBear24
Dia del DougO said:

BBWCBear said:

They were discouraged after they raised the height of the Li'l Tikes basket 2 inches.
I don't think I had the vertical to dunk on the small one...
SigTauBear
Thee University said:

It is a sign of the times. Parents are allowed to move their kids from public to private and back to public schools until their kid is the starter/superstar.

I believe that this is going to be a common occurence going forward. Kids get into the program and quickly realize that they are not going to be a starter or get much playing time. Instead of working harder to improve their place on the depth chart they go on down the road to another school that shows them some respect.

If a kid is good enough and has a good attitude I can guarantee you that the coaching staff will do everything in their power to pump the kid up and retain him.

I'm glad that we are purging those that do not want to be here, do not want to be a part of the rebuild and would likely be a discipline problem in the future anyway. If a kid does not want to be a Baylor Bear we need to have a packing/moving crew on staff to get their @$$e$ out of school and off campus immediately.

This is nothing new. Players threaten to leave every year. They have been doing this for years. For all of the outward confidence and showboating most are scared $h!tless due to competition. The difference is that now society has made quitting and starting over somewhere else easier to do and accept.

It is a cog in the "Participation Trophy/Juice Box Era" machine.

Thee is correct. These kids have been told their stuff don't stink since middle school and gotten away with acting like unaccountable brats due to their playing ability. I'm at a private school and I see players come and go because dad thinks his son is the next Peyton Manning or LeBron James and it's the coaches that are standing in the way. If these boys are attitude or risk problems, then goodbye, good luck, good riddance. We need men, not boys, on this team.
BaylorRocks
shosgd said:

Happens everywhere, in every program, every year. Nothing to see here...move on.
BBWCBear
BaylorBJM said:

BBWCBear said:

Do you touch yourself every time you type "Lil Matty"?
Now that's funny right there. Mid October will be a good time for evaluation. Well, maybe, after the first two games. What's going to be the battle cry if the results of the first couple games is marginal? The chatter could really get interesting.
Mitch Blood Green
OldSchoolBU said:

Hall
Artis
Davis
Harris
Lewis

Sure they're in the "two deep." They aren't starters or first reserve but they can cover kicks, punts or give a good practice look. I'm concerned.
George Truett
Loaded4Bear said:

bularry said:

Loaded4Bear said:

BellCountyBear said:

This isn't the reason either.
George Truett
tommie said:

OldSchoolBU said:

Hall
Artis
Davis
Harris
Lewis

Sure they're in the "two deep." They aren't starters or first reserve but they can cover kicks, punts or give a good practice look. I'm concerned.
No reason to be. This happens everywhere.

And one of them was a Title IX issue.
Justin Kates
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.