Football
Sponsored by

Why are so many leaving?

9,608 Views | 58 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by cowboycwr
sswienton
How long do you want to ignore this user?
The simplest answer is that they read this free board.
"If not Baylor, then who..."
No relation to Tilda
JETHRO
Thee University said:

It is a sign of the times. Parents are allowed to move their kids from public to private and back to public schools until their kid is the starter/superstar.

I believe that this is going to be a common occurence going forward. Kids get into the program and quickly realize that they are not going to be a starter or get much playing time. Instead of working harder to improve their place on the depth chart they go on down the road to another school that shows them some respect.

If a kid is good enough and has a good attitude I can guarantee you that the coaching staff will do everything in their power to pump the kid up and retain him.

I'm glad that we are purging those that do not want to be here, do not want to be a part of the rebuild and would likely be a discipline problem in the future anyway. If a kid does not want to be a Baylor Bear we need to have a packing/moving crew on staff to get their @$$e$ out of school and off campus immediately.

This is nothing new. Players threaten to leave every year. They have been doing this for years. For all of the outward confidence and showboating most are scared $h!tless due to competition. The difference is that now society has made quitting and starting over somewhere else easier to do and accept.

It is a cog in the "Participation Trophy/Juice Box Era" machine.
This may your best post of all time.
REvansBU71
If they don't want to be here, would they contribute?
I think not.
Any Trump

“And if you do-oo.....” - Lt. Hauk
cowboycwr
I saw the title and thought maybe the OP was some sort of time traveler asking why so many people were leaving during the 4th quarter of another loss.......
Mitch Blood Green
George Truett said:

tommie said:

OldSchoolBU said:

Rhule's style of football is demanding. I hate to see the attrition but we are talking all guys that are NOT in the two deep so far.

Hall
Artis
Davis
Harris
Lewis

Harris hurts the most of that group. Hard to find quality DL. But he and Lewis made poor decisions at the wrong school. In this environment, it may not have mattered what school they were at.

In the big scheme of things, could make way for the next Jalen Hurd, James Lockhart and Jake Fruhmorgen or at least open up some valuable scholarships for the 2019 class.

Sure they're in the "two deep." They aren't starters or first reserve but they can cover kicks, punts or give a good practice look. I'm concerned.
No reason to be. This happens everywhere.

And one of them was a Title IX issue.

I see transfers for playing time and graduate transfers. Don't see this many this close to game one. You'd think guys would be focused on the game and schools starting. Leaving now says words I can't convey. It makes me question the team cohesiveness., the player expectations and the coaching.

First comes the water. Then comes the flood.
BUBear24
tommie said:

George Truett said:

tommie said:

OldSchoolBU said:

Rhule's style of football is demanding. I hate to see the attrition but we are talking all guys that are NOT in the two deep so far.

Hall
Artis
Davis
Harris
Lewis

Harris hurts the most of that group. Hard to find quality DL. But he and Lewis made poor decisions at the wrong school. In this environment, it may not have mattered what school they were at.

In the big scheme of things, could make way for the next Jalen Hurd, James Lockhart and Jake Fruhmorgen or at least open up some valuable scholarships for the 2019 class.

Sure they're in the "two deep." They aren't starters or first reserve but they can cover kicks, punts or give a good practice look. I'm concerned.

I see transfers for playing time and graduate transfers. Don't see this many this close to game one. You'd think guys would be focused on the game and schools starting. Leaving now says words I can't convey. It makes me question the team cohesiveness., the player expectations and the coaching.

2 are T9 casualties
2 are playing time casualties you speak of
One (Artis) hurts

So what is different that makes this feel like the bottom of the ship is coming out? Just curious is all. This is the first year for that new transfer rule as well. I was curious too, as to how many transfers have happened from a big12/p5/nationwide perspective but unfortunately I haven't found anything that could help with that knowledge I seek in regards to the new rule.
Loaded4Bear
REvansBU71 said:

If they don't want to be here, would they contribute?
I think not.
Will be interesting to see how much Terence Williams contributes at the University of Houston this season. He was also run off by the new regime.
"It it ain't broke, get a bigger hammer!"
RioRata
Why have so many players left in the last three weeks??

Vicious gar attacks.
Malbec
RioRata said:

Why have so many players left in the last three weeks??

Vicious gar attacks.
Gar attacks not as bad as the cricket invasions.
BoonDockSaint
Kids are weak poosies these days mentally and emotionally

Thats why

Bet every school is going thru this with the new transfer rules
BoonDockSaint
JETHRO said:

Thee University said:

It is a sign of the times. Parents are allowed to move their kids from public to private and back to public schools until their kid is the starter/superstar.

I believe that this is going to be a common occurence going forward. Kids get into the program and quickly realize that they are not going to be a starter or get much playing time. Instead of working harder to improve their place on the depth chart they go on down the road to another school that shows them some respect.

If a kid is good enough and has a good attitude I can guarantee you that the coaching staff will do everything in their power to pump the kid up and retain him.

I'm glad that we are purging those that do not want to be here, do not want to be a part of the rebuild and would likely be a discipline problem in the future anyway. If a kid does not want to be a Baylor Bear we need to have a packing/moving crew on staff to get their @$$e$ out of school and off campus immediately.

This is nothing new. Players threaten to leave every year. They have been doing this for years. For all of the outward confidence and showboating most are scared $h!tless due to competition. The difference is that now society has made quitting and starting over somewhere else easier to do and accept.

This may your best post of all time.

C.....maannn give me your PHONE

Dia del DougO
tommie said:

George Truett said:

tommie said:

OldSchoolBU said:

Hall
Artis
Davis
Harris
Lewis

Right, this close to game 1, and with three or four years of eligibility remaining. It definitely seems outside the norm. Hopefully an anomaly, but certainly reason to question what non-typical issues may be behind it.
"The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what you share with someone else when you're uncool."
YoakDaddy
Dia del DougO said:

tommie said:

George Truett said:

tommie said:

OldSchoolBU said:

Hall
Artis
Davis
Harris
Lewis

Right, this close to game 1, and with three or four years of eligibility remaining. It definitely seems outside the norm. Hopefully an anomaly, but certainly reason to question what non-typical issues may be behind it.

CMR said in his presser yesterday that some were asked to leave. Sounds like they're trying to free up schollies.
BylrFan
sswienton said:

The simplest answer is that they read this free board.

I'm sure the kids love the circlejerking that goes on in the premium boards
Loaded4Bear
YoakDaddy said:

Dia del DougO said:

tommie said:

George Truett said:

tommie said:

OldSchoolBU said:

Hall
Artis
Davis
Harris
Lewis

CMR said in his presser yesterday that some were asked to leave. Sounds like they're trying to free up schollies.
I am sure prospective recruits just love this!
canoso
Loaded4Bear said:

YoakDaddy said:

Dia del DougO said:

tommie said:

George Truett said:

tommie said:

OldSchoolBU said:

Hall
Artis
Davis
Harris
Lewis

Doubtless. Why, if Baylor were recruiting me, such knowledge would fire me up bigtime.
syme
Thee University said:

Next thing you know they'll be posting on fan site message boards! Sad!
Loaded4Bear
canoso said:

Loaded4Bear said:

YoakDaddy said:

Dia del DougO said:

tommie said:

George Truett said:

tommie said:

OldSchoolBU said:

Hall
Artis
Davis
Harris
Lewis

Doubtless. Why, if Baylor were recruiting me, such knowledge would fire me up bigtime.
"Please come to Baylor.I really don't have the time nor the ability to develop players. If you don't buy into and learn "the process", I will kick your ass out for the next available johnny come lately high school superstar. Sic 'Em!!!"
Mitch Blood Green
BUBear24 said:

tommie said:

George Truett said:

tommie said:

OldSchoolBU said:

Hall
Artis
Davis
Harris
Lewis

2 are T9 casualties
2 are playing time casualties you speak of
One (Artis) hurts

So what is different that makes this feel like the bottom of the ship is coming out? Just curious is all. This is the first year for that new transfer rule as well. I was curious too, as to how many transfers have happened from a big12/p5/nationwide perspective but unfortunately I haven't found anything that could help with that knowledge I seek in regards to the new rule.

If I were concerned about playing time, I'd have not gone through summer. I'd be on a roster already, even D2.

Regardless, these transfers seems odd to me.

(Of course, I'm the guy who thought pickle juice was nonsense, pulling a tractor trailer was nonsense. Earning a single dodger is nonsense and Oklahoma still is nonsense).
bularry
Agree, the numbers aren't strange, but the timing is. Maybe needed to finish a summer session for proper credits??
BUBear24
bularry said:

Agree, the numbers aren't strange, but the timing is. Maybe needed to finish a summer session for proper credits??
I really wonder if it has to do with the new transfer rule. The biggest thing about that transfer rule now is before you had to inform coaches that you wanted to leave. Now you don't, you literally just can quit and your name goes into some sort of database every coach has access to. So I wonder if before having to let a coach know that you wanted to leave took a few months to get everything in order, get your name out to other coaches, etc???
bularry
Texas with 2 announcements today
cowboycwr
I think someone mentioned it already in the thread but I think the new transfer rules are having an impact. This morning as I was going through college football news online I saw numerous articles about guys leaving teams immediately and most of it seemed to be because they realized they were not going to play this season.

One that caught my eye was a local Waco area player at UT that is leaving. Eric Cuffee. He is going to a CC and then somewhere else.
Brian Ethridge
Staff
The new transfer rule doesn't take effect until October.
cowboycwr
Brian Ethridge said:

The new transfer rule doesn't take effect until October.
Yes but my understanding based off an article in USA Today was that even if a guy announces today he is going to transfer once the rule officially takes effect it also applies to them even thought they started the process before the rule went into full effect.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.