Football
Sponsored by

Court filing: Top BU officials 'concealed reports of serial sexual assault'

22,690 Views | 140 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Malbec
boognish_bear
How long do you want to ignore this user?

"The court filings are like watching a game through a knothole in the fence. You can see some of the plays, but you are missing the full picture. I've seen enough of this game to ask this question: If Briles was fired as a result of this tragedy, how in the world do any of these administrators still have jobs?"
PartyBear
So Sharon Grigsby sounds like she is having some second thoughts about Briles being fired by leaving the door open to being ready at some point to say Briles shouldn't have been fired. Was she not a staunch advocate of it 2 years ago or do I have her confused with someone else?
D. C. Bear
boognish_bear said:

"The court filings are like watching a game through a knothole in the fence. You can see some of the plays, but you are missing the full picture. I've seen enough of this game to ask this question: If Briles was fired as a result of this tragedy, how in the world do any of these administrators still have jobs?"

How in the world does Sharon Grigsby still have a job?
YoakDaddy
D. C. Bear said:

boognish_bear said:

How in the world does Sharon Grigsby still have a job?

Nobody reads papers anymore so it's ok to have shltty reporters.
YoakDaddy
Not a member of the pay side....do they have their talking points yet?
JettRink
xiledinok said:

Those jock sniffing rogue regents, weaklingly Ian and Briles sure needed that edge rusher.
Oakman?
Sam?
Texas A&M whipped our asses recruiting pass rushing defensive ends over the past decade. They didn't have anything else except for CFL Johnny. The state of Texas had some talent at DE. "Not a defensive school" highest Big 12 defensive player drafted in 2018 NFL Draft.
Unbelievable it all unraveled when our discipline and Talibaptist governance had a mid air crash.
How did Drew pull off Lace Dunn? We should give a bogus assistant athletic director position to one of his assistants to help with assistant pay. He did a wonderful job. He had college basketball DNA in him.
He gets a token of appreciation for keeping the trash off the yard.

Remove the alcohol from this poster.
Malbec
Forget it, he's pickled.
Loaded4Bear
This thread has just gotten way too negative. Time to move it to the Badminton and Lawn Darts Board. LOL!
"It it ain't broke, get a bigger hammer!"
boognish_bear
Baylor news making the front page in Austin

xiledinok
JettRink said:

xiledinok said:

Those jock sniffing rogue regents, weaklingly Ian and Briles sure needed that edge rusher.
Oakman?
Sam?
Texas A&M whipped our asses recruiting pass rushing defensive ends over the past decade. They didn't have anything else except for CFL Johnny. The state of Texas had some talent at DE. "Not a defensive school" highest Big 12 defensive player drafted in 2018 NFL Draft.
Unbelievable it all unraveled when our discipline and Talibaptist governance had a mid air crash.
How did Drew pull off Lace Dunn? We should give a bogus assistant athletic director position to one of his assistants to help with assistant pay. He did a wonderful job. He had college basketball DNA in him.

A talibaptist like yourself needs to explain how Lace Dunn skated after breaking his girl's jaw. Drew and the former district attorney did what they do in most college towns. Good old fashion politics. Please don't explain it with "Perverted Little Tarts."

Briles and his former staff turned off big time defensive prospects. The top Big 12 defensive player drafted in 2018 basically said Baylor was not a defensive school.
Jett, which employee was promising National Championships when we dumpster dived for defense and ended up with Oakman?
PartyBear
Why do you accuse Briles of doing the things you said Drew did. Except Briles didn't and you hate him and you are fine with Drew.
xiledinok
PartyBear said:

Why do you accuse Briles of doing the things you said Drew did. Except Briles didn't and you hate him and you are fine with Drew.

No. I m posting about facts.
Drew handled it. I don't pump sunshine Drew. Baylor knows what we have with Drew. Drew didn't let his problem blow up that brand.

Ian didn't do squat concerning Lace.
Ian didn't do squat concerning football.
You guys should scalp Ian.
GG1234
More to come... soon!
NoBSU
GG1234 said:

More to come... soon!
He finally paid the $10,000?

Another article on Josh Gordon's Waco weed sales?

Pigskin tickets are at the box office?
JettRink
xiledinok said:

JettRink said:

xiledinok said:

Oakman?
Sam?

A talibaptist like yourself needs to explain how Lace Dunn skated after breaking his girl's jaw. Drew and the former district attorney did what they do in most college towns. Good old fashion politics. Please don't explain it with "Perverted Little Tarts."

Briles and his former staff turned off big time defensive prospects. The top Big 12 defensive player drafted in 2018 basically said Baylor was not a defensive school.
Jett, which employee was promising National Championships when we dumpster dived for defense and ended up with Oakman?

You , X, are a perverted little _art! ( rhymes with tart)!!!!!! What a waste.
Dia del DougO
It makes more sense than the Alex Jones story being on the front page. I guess local news is a thing of the past.
"The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what you share with someone else when you're uncool."
Chuckroast
. .Osodecentx said:

Booray said:

xiledinok said:

Booray said:

xiledinok said:

Anyone naive to think all levels didn't know about it and this was all to keep the pass rusher on the field?
Character didn't count at Baylor.

1. There is no evidence of football knowing about Elliot's assaults prior to Hernandez

2. There is plenty of reason to think BU treated reports on Elliott the same as all other reports on sexual assault. Bury it, not because he is football player but because it would be bad for our uber Christian brand.

3. Even if there was evidence of football involvement and the cover-up was about winning, how do we not fire everyone involved?

4. If non-football leadership covered up because it was a football player we have an institutional control problem.

They might be the most incompetent not self aware coaching staff in the history of the world. Kaz's actions with the Vb rape after specifics were given lead me to believe we had some dumb ones who couldn't clean up their asses IF necessary.

How can you be that out of touch with your team?

Bad for RG3's Heisman who later was burned and looked stupid with his ex wife whiting herself on Hurd's video.

What the hell does that last sentence even mean?
As relevant as any of his posts
. . . and as incoherent
xiledinok
JettRink said:

xiledinok said:

JettRink said:

xiledinok said:

Oakman?
Sam?

You , X, are a perverted little _art! ( rhymes with tart)!!!!!! What a waste.

Which employee made the national championship promise?
It's amusing you praise Stone, a jock sniffer who was clearly in charge influencing Ian. Did he make those decisions to protect that brand while Ian and Art had their heads together to sweep it under the rug by letting Shill handle discipline?
xiledinok
Chuckroast said:

. .Osodecentx said:

Booray said:

xiledinok said:

Booray said:

xiledinok said:

Anyone naive to think all levels didn't know about it and this was all to keep the pass rusher on the field?
Character didn't count at Baylor.

1. There is no evidence of football knowing about Elliot's assaults prior to Hernandez

2. There is plenty of reason to think BU treated reports on Elliott the same as all other reports on sexual assault. Bury it, not because he is football player but because it would be bad for our uber Christian brand.

3. Even if there was evidence of football involvement and the cover-up was about winning, how do we not fire everyone involved?

4. If non-football leadership covered up because it was a football player we have an institutional control problem.

They might be the most incompetent not self aware coaching staff in the history of the world. Kaz's actions with the Vb rape after specifics were given lead me to believe we had some dumb ones who couldn't clean up their asses IF necessary.

How can you be that out of touch with your team?

Bad for RG3's Heisman who later was burned and looked stupid with his ex wife whiting herself on Hurd's video.

What the hell does that last sentence even mean?
As relevant as any of his posts
. . . and as incoherent

Drew gets credit for keeping his nasty dirt at bay. He is definitely a college basketball coach. Art did stupid things. Now, he coaches in Italy but Baylor still has people going after the school (heard one before 9 this morning).
FWBear91
Dia del DougO said:

It makes more sense than the Alex Jones story being on the front page. I guess local news is a thing of the past.
I think Jones is or used to be Austin-based.
PartyBear
So just to be clear. Your actual gripe with Briles is that he did not sweep things under the rug. You praise Drew and look up to him for being (according to you now, not me) dirty and playing the role well of clean guy. He does a good job of cover ups.

That is your real gripe with Briles is he didnt actually engage in cover ups and allowed the sun in on his program.
Timbear
X, we kid a lot, but I know you love Baylor, and you're mad at Briles because you blame him for bringing everything down. However, as more information comes out, and no one will argue that mistakes were made by everyone, it becomes more apparent that to some degree, Briles was made a scapegoat by a unified plan within the BOR. He has, so far, not been hired in this country because that plan has been working. Many on here won't be surprised if "the plan" falls apart at some point, and Briles is hired at a University that will look objectively at the situation.
PartyBear
The problem for Briles is that as I recall he is now in his mid 60s. It is rare for coaches in that age group to make a move from one school to another it is probably more difficult to not be a HC and get picked up at that age. If he was in his mid 50s or younger, I would also think we would see him again at some point coaching. But it may have been a perfect storm career wise for this to happen at the age it happened.
NoBSU
PartyBear said:

So just to be clear. Your actual gripe with Briles is that he did not sweep things under the rug. You praise Drew and look up to him for being (according to you now, not me) dirty and playing the role well of clean guy. He does a good job of cover ups.

That is your real gripe with Briles is he didnt actually engage in cover ups and allowed the sun in on his program.
Not exactly. X is saying that Briles had a sub-par fixer. Drew had a very good fixer as noted by Lace's event.

Malbec
NoBSU said:

PartyBear said:

Not exactly. X is saying that Briles had a sub-par fixer. Drew had a very good fixer as noted by Lace's event.

The fact that you actually know what X is saying doesn't inspire confidence in your sanity.
NoBSU
Malbec said:

NoBSU said:

PartyBear said:

The fact that you actually know what X is saying doesn't inspire confidence in your sanity.
He has a few posts that are challenging. I am a hillbilly from Missouri. I talk to a lot of people in my normal life that are colorful. I read a lot. My favorite authors are William Faulkner, Mark Twain, and Kurt Vonnegut. I reread their novels constantly. I have a little book club with my kids as those guys have slipped for required reading in schools. I read one or two Zane Grey novels a year. It isn't that hard for me to understand what X is saying. I think most of you exaggerate the difficulty to discount it. I also think he is having fun with you.
Malbec
I'm having a little fun myself.
xiledinok
Timbear said:

X, we kid a lot, but I know you love Baylor, and you're mad at Briles because you blame him for bringing everything down. However, as more information comes out, and no one will argue that mistakes were made by everyone, it becomes more apparent that to some degree, Briles was made a scapegoat by a unified plan within the BOR. He has, so far, not been hired in this country because that plan has been working. Many on here won't be surprised if "the plan" falls apart at some point, and Briles is hired at a University that will look objectively at the situation.
Briles made his bed. There's no scapegoat after he took that money. Unfortunately, he guessed wrong on how the public was going to react when he took that money.

He's not in the public's plans or anywhere there is a board and a college. You cannot expose a bunch of liability, run a pr campaign (which was crushed) and expect a bunch of college presidents, athletic money, tv money, college boards or boosters to want to take the risk.

Briles' group is mad because they took the risks and were leveled by the public. How dense can someone be having his group throw out that letter after they did their part to undermine the school and show us all that the letter is worthless? You cannot be mad because Baylor gave him a letter and at the same time his buddies did their part to discredit those who wrote it. Now, no one trusts him with the letter, they see he'll go to great lengths to get at Baylor while waving that letter.
NoBSU
Malbec said:

I'm having a little fun myself.
Nothing wrong with that. It is a good place for it.
xiledinok
NoBSU said:

PartyBear said:

Drew cleaned up Lace Dunn better than OU fixed Mixon. Lace also broke a jaw.
Shill was the worst while Drew had showed great skill in getting Lace protected and cleared up.
Ian must have stayed out of it because he showed no skills to handle a crisis with football.
PartyBear
NoBSU said:

PartyBear said:

Isnt that what a fixer does. Conceals illegalities etc and ethics and rule violations etc. X as it turns. It seems X's big problem is not that football was sleazy (his opinion) but that wasnt sleazy enough.
Stefano DiMera
Scott's a helluva coach. All these years and the biggest scandals are some text messages and Rico's shopping spree at Walmart
xiledinok
PartyBear said:

NoBSU said:

PartyBear said:

Isnt that what a fixer does. Conceals illegalities etc and ethics and rule violations etc. X as it turns. It seems X's big problem is not that football was sleazy (his opinion) but that wasnt sleazy enough.
Drew did a heck of a job keeping that knock out blow under wraps. I don't think it is ethical or moral. I think it is standard course of business (for now until the NBA blows up college basketball recruiting in a couple of years).

Party, I complained for ages about Briles' lack of discipline and how it costs us games. Too bad for him it ended up even worse than I predicted for him. He is lumped in with Jerry, Larry, DJ and Urban these days. How did it turn out?

Stay tuned, RR is now the big target and I would bet he is going to burn a bunch of homes and cause some cries to God because the guy who knows where the bodies are buried is the most dangerous guy. He could throw it all on them and be able to walk away a retired former college administrator. "I was following directions" and "we told them to..."
RR made a living being sneaky. It is how our power brokers (including the former regent chair and $10k reward man) wanted it to be ran at Baylor or they sure liked him and promoted him.
PartyBear
From a legal jeopardy stand point, the " I was following orders" is not a defense. It may mitigate and help him reach a deal with the other side of a case he is a party to if he cooperates and gives up who was giving him what orders. But in a trial, I was following orders isnt going to be much help on issues of liability/culpability.
NoBSU
PartyBear said:

NoBSU said:

PartyBear said:

Sometimes but not always. Early intervention and a friendly judge can change a whole trajectory.

I think you miss the point. When a poster posts: Briles didn't do anything wrong to be fired, then many disagree and reply. That doesn't mean posters think he covered up SA. That doesn't mean that posters thought the regents should have fired Briles. It means that Briles tipped the scales and made himself vulnerable to firing. Lots of possible reasons for firing:

The two SA convictions
His guys started the negative publicity
Hiding stuff from JA
Getting caught trying to fix things

True story. When my oldest entered fifth grade, she was in trouble the first week of school for forging my name to an acknowledgement form. Third morning in a row that my daughter did not bring home the form. It was blank in her locker. She asked to go get it. The teacher looked out the room and saw my daughter sign it for me. Parent/Teacher meetings were a couple of weeks away, so I expected the TaliBaptist teacher (I knew her reputation) to bring it up. My wife and I show up to our scheduled time with her two teachers (AM an PM).

Her AM teacher started in on that first thing in the meeting. Serious and concerning violation. I said, "Let me stop you right there. I was very concerned when I learned of this. This type of thing is not tolerated in my family and she has been punished". The now smug teacher replied, "I hope so as this can never happen again." I replied, "it most certainly will not. My signature is simple. I made my daughter sign my name 100 times. She is very good at it now. I told her that she is too intelligent to try that at her locker in plain sight. To be caught by someone like you is very insulting to the whole family." The meeting sort of deteriorated at that point. I wasn't upset that my daughter signed it. I was upset that she got caught.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.