Football
Sponsored by

Brewer, Hurd, Fruhmorgen, Lovett

10,049 Views | 74 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by REvansBU71
ShooterTX
How long do you want to ignore this user?
D. C. Bear said:

ShooterTX said:

canoso said:

Fellow Baylor fans, unless there's general agreement amongst us that if we're still playing in Floyd Casey no Baylor HC is getting the quality of recruits Briles got in 2016 and Rhule is getting now, none of our diplomas are worth what we claim they are.

Slice it and dice it any way we want, there are no two ways about that. Which, more than any other fact, is what will gall the Briles detractors for the rest of their natural lives. And, they know it.
In other words, Rhule hasn't done anything of great value in recruiting. The worst coach in football could have done just as good cause.... facilities.
That's just the dumbest thing I've heard in a long time.

No one is saying that we wish we still had Floyd Casey. But to say that our recent success in recruiting is due primarily to facilities is utter stupidity. If that were the case, then Stidham would still be here. All of those recruits who left would still be here. All of those kids who decommitted would have come to Baylor. Or maybe there is some reason (outside of facilities) that they decided to leave/decommit from Baylor.... maybe something.... hmmmmm.... nope, nothing comes to mind.

If the scandal was enough to make dozens of players leave Baylor, then recruiting in the wake of the same scandal is something to be admired. Recruiting 4* players away from Florida, UT, etc. is even more admirable. Or maybe those schools have ****ty facilities compared to McLane?
That's not what he said, and he's right about the facilities.

Without the facilities we have now, Rhule couldn't do what he's doing with recruiting. In fact, without the facilities that Baylor has, I don't think Rhule would have any trouble recruiting to Baylor because he wouldn't be recruiting to Baylor.

Well, one thing is made very clear by this thread. There are some folks who will never give Rhule any credit for anything good . I suppose when we go to a bowl game, that will be because of the quality book store on campus???

Michibear
ShooterTX said:

The biggest recruiters are almost always the University of blank and the blank State University. UT and A&M, Florida & FSU, Georgia & Georgia Tech, OU & OkSt, Mich & MSU... There are some exceptions, but this is the general rule.

I prefer to not think of the exceptions:

The biggest recruiters are . . . The University of Texas and Texas State University.

#sunbeltpower #eatemupcats
D. C. Bear
ShooterTX said:

D. C. Bear said:

ShooterTX said:

canoso said:

Fellow Baylor fans, unless there's general agreement amongst us that if we're still playing in Floyd Casey no Baylor HC is getting the quality of recruits Briles got in 2016 and Rhule is getting now, none of our diplomas are worth what we claim they are.

Slice it and dice it any way we want, there are no two ways about that. Which, more than any other fact, is what will gall the Briles detractors for the rest of their natural lives. And, they know it.
In other words, Rhule hasn't done anything of great value in recruiting. The worst coach in football could have done just as good cause.... facilities.
That's just the dumbest thing I've heard in a long time.

No one is saying that we wish we still had Floyd Casey. But to say that our recent success in recruiting is due primarily to facilities is utter stupidity. If that were the case, then Stidham would still be here. All of those recruits who left would still be here. All of those kids who decommitted would have come to Baylor. Or maybe there is some reason (outside of facilities) that they decided to leave/decommit from Baylor.... maybe something.... hmmmmm.... nope, nothing comes to mind.

If the scandal was enough to make dozens of players leave Baylor, then recruiting in the wake of the same scandal is something to be admired. Recruiting 4* players away from Florida, UT, etc. is even more admirable. Or maybe those schools have ****ty facilities compared to McLane?
That's not what he said, and he's right about the facilities.

Without the facilities we have now, Rhule couldn't do what he's doing with recruiting. In fact, without the facilities that Baylor has, I don't think Rhule would have any trouble recruiting to Baylor because he wouldn't be recruiting to Baylor.

Well, one thing is made very clear by this thread. There are some folks who will never give Rhule any credit for anything good . I suppose when we go to a bowl game, that will be because of the quality book store on campus???

I give Rhule a ton of credit. He deserves it.
I also know that to ignore the role of having and maintaining great facilities is foolish.
ShooterTX
Michibear said:

ShooterTX said:

The biggest recruiters are almost always the University of blank and the blank State University. UT and A&M, Florida & FSU, Georgia & Georgia Tech, OU & OkSt, Mich & MSU... There are some exceptions, but this is the general rule.

I prefer to not think of the exceptions:

The biggest recruiters are . . . The University of Texas and Texas State University.

#sunbeltpower #eatemupcats

The exceptions are kinda funny:

Texas State
Georgia State
Alabama State

biggest one is University of Louisiana... then again,... it is Louisiana.

The real point is that in most situations, you have 2 huge public schools which dominate recruiting in that state.
MilliVanilli
canoso said:

Lulz at your hero worship and star chasing, the 2016 class was a paper tiger if ever there was one.

Full of dropouts, convicts, mediocrities, underachievers, and injury-riddled players.

REvansBU71
Hmm...do I want to party with Aggroids or go to Sunday School?

I'd pick SS, but I'm 74.
Any Trump

“And if you do-oo.....” - Lt. Hauk

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.