Football
Sponsored by

KD Cannon Chimes in on Baylor "Scandal"

17,775 Views | 129 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Krieg
Krieg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
NoBSU said:

Briles crew, be careful what you wish for

There isn't a Briles crew. We want the truth because the facts out there right now don't make sense in regards to the actions taken. They want our money. They want us to attend games, buy tickets, buy tailgating spots, and buy concessions on top of BBF donations. Ok, then tell us the truth. I'm not throwing good money after bad without a REALLY good reason to do so.

Right now, we effectively have a collective response of, "trust us, we did the right thing!" That's coming from a group that nobody on here can think we should trust after all of this. Screw that, give us the facts. It'll be the best thing for Baylor long-term no matter what they are.
Eball
NoBSU said:

Eball said:

So it looks like we have a lot of common ground.

You truly believe the best thing is to keep things quiet, hidden, under wraps.

I believe you have shine the light wherever you can expose what ever is dirty otherwise it never gets fixed healed etc. it just continues to rot and fester.

I don't doubt or have ever believed that CAB was a perfect man or coach. I am sure he did make mistakes and some may or may not come to light but hey they will likely pale in comparison to some of the crap in the BOR and past Sr Leadership's closets.

So I will be the first to say I am for blowing it up ! We will be better for it long term.
I think what is hidden is different than actions or inactions regarding sexual assault. No inside knowledge, just a feel.

You have a complete coaching staff change. You now have a new top administration. You have a some new blood on the board but a long way to go there. What is left that you want to blow up at Baylor? What if it is stuff that may fall under NCAA rules? Do you want to give that group that protects the North Carolinas of the world a chance to hit football the way they did our MBB after Bliss? That was as close to the death penalty as it gets.
We survived even stronger! I tell you what as fun as it was growing up going to the HOT coliseum to watch Gatewood, Chatmon, Friedman, Bowman and Stanton. It is so much better today....

We needed transparency two and half years ago and we would at least have a more unified fan base now.
Krieg
Eball said:

NoBSU said:

Eball said:

So it looks like we have a lot of common ground.

You truly believe the best thing is to keep things quiet, hidden, under wraps.

I believe you have shine the light wherever you can expose what ever is dirty otherwise it never gets fixed healed etc. it just continues to rot and fester.

I don't doubt or have ever believed that CAB was a perfect man or coach. I am sure he did make mistakes and some may or may not come to light but hey they will likely pale in comparison to some of the crap in the BOR and past Sr Leadership's closets.

So I will be the first to say I am for blowing it up ! We will be better for it long term.
I think what is hidden is different than actions or inactions regarding sexual assault. No inside knowledge, just a feel.

You have a complete coaching staff change. You now have a new top administration. You have a some new blood on the board but a long way to go there. What is left that you want to blow up at Baylor? What if it is stuff that may fall under NCAA rules? Do you want to give that group that protects the North Carolinas of the world a chance to hit football the way they did our MBB after Bliss? That was as close to the death penalty as it gets.
We survived even stronger! I tell you what as fun as it was growing up going to the HOT coliseum to watch Gatewood, Chatmon, Friedman, Bowman and Stanton. It is so much better today....

We needed transparency two and half years ago and we would at least have a more unified fan base now.

Exactly. This fan base will never be the same because of how this was handled.
NoBSU
Krieg said:

NoBSU said:

xiledinok said:

Briles needed to be fired and unfortunately for his followers the general public believes he should never been seen again near an American college.
He made the decisions and he gets to live with them the rest of his life. They chose to not handle things like adults. Now, no one trusts him and his lying disformation campaign.
His career of wreckless behavior caught up with him.

In the end if it gets too hot, RR just dumps information on the former regime and we get to see if these schools want to employ our former staff. Evil RR can spin it all to make him look good. The only thing the former regime has left is to attack our future former dirt bag administrator.

Nobody wants Ramsower to stay. It is a very dangerous game Briles and others are playing here. Nobody wants Ramsower to stay. Keeping using KWTX to knock RR and you risk other documents leaking back on Briles and Baylor. Nobody wants Ramsower to stay. It seems like a no risk play where KWTX eagerly airs the targeted dirty laundry while you dare Baylor to fire back while they have an aggressive plaintiff's attorney broadly exploring all the tunnels he can find. Nobody wants Ramsower to stay. Push it too far and it blows up in your face.

Did I make the point that nobody wants Ramsower to stay?

Then they should've fired him first and not allowed him to stay to this very day.

As for more stuff to come out that hurts whoever, bring it on. If it comes out that we know everything, great. If it comes out that regents were gang raping girls were Briles and RR watching, at least the truth comes out. The situation can't end without the truth coming out, and that's what should've happened a very long time ago.

The problem is Baylor leaked what they wanted out, and all of that has now been shown to be false. We're the stakeholders here and we should hear the truth. Otherwise I'm never trust Baylor again and neither will anyone else with an IQ over 90. If it harms Baylor, even severely, in the short term that's perfectly fine because at least then we can deal with the real causes of the problems. Right now Baylor is just telling us to look the other way while the same problem people "fix" what that broke in the first place. Whatever the real structural issues were in 2015 and before, they're still in place today. The structure is largely the same and the real leadership is as well.

The truth will set you free. It seems like they should take to heart what they claim to believe. Right now they're just a bunch of hypocrites that are practicing Christianity when it's convenient. Honesty and integrity? Yeah, not this year.
You missed a lot on your sabbatical. The Philly uninvited is now the invited. There is still some poison iak and some dead wood to jetison, but it isn't the same in the administration and the regents. That is just false.

I agree with the hypocrites are practising at Christianity more as an image than as a life. The problem is that they think they have it down and wrote the book.
NoBSU
Krieg said:

NoBSU said:

There isn't a Briles crew. We want the truth because the facts out there right now don't make sense in regards to the actions taken. They want our money. They want us to attend games, buy tickets, buy tailgating spots, and buy concessions on top of BBF donations. Ok, then tell us the truth. I'm not throwing good money after bad without a REALLY good reason to do so.

Right now, we effectively have a collective response of, "trust us, we did the right thing!" That's coming from a group that nobody on here can think we should trust after all of this. Screw that, give us the facts. It'll be the best thing for Baylor long-term no matter what they are.
Yes there is. They are buying Houston T-shirts.
Krieg
NoBSU said:

Krieg said:

NoBSU said:

I know A TON of people that are sitting out right now that aren't buying Houston shirts. I think a lot of you are in denial. I'm going from season tickets for everyone in my family every year I've been old enough to buy them to zero tickets. What I always find hilarious is that those that talk about being on board the most, such as yourself, live so far away. Those of us on the ground know better.

As for the staff changes, the coaches are 1-11. They're the worst coaches we've ever had until they're not. We don't owe them anything.

The rest, I guess including the coaches for that matter, were chosen by the problem people with zero accountability and that includes the new regents. I realize some regents are fantastic, but at this point they all have to go before they can reasonably be trusted again. I bet the truth coming out would help that endeavor. Even if it didn't, it would at least let us evaluate the situation and decide for ourselves whether Baylor is worth supporting.
NoBSU
Krieg said:

NoBSU said:

Krieg said:

NoBSU said:

I know A TON of people that are sitting out right now that aren't buying Houston shirts. I think a lot of you are in denial. I'm going from season tickets for everyone in my family every year I've been old enough to buy them to zero tickets. What I always find hilarious is that those that talk about being on board the most, such as yourself, live so far away. Those of us on the ground know better.

As for the staff changes, the coaches are 1-11. They're the worst coaches we've ever had until they're not. We don't owe them anything.

The rest, I guess including the coaches for that matter, were chosen by the problem people with zero accountability and that includes the new regents. I realize some regents are fantastic, but at this point they all have to go before they can reasonably be trusted again. I bet the truth coming out would help that endeavor. Even if it didn't, it would at least let us evaluate the situation and decide for ourselves whether Baylor is worth supporting.
I am not on board. I see the strong chance the Rex's drp, drip, drip is going to backfire and hurt Briles and Baylor. I doubt the Rex cares about the hurting Baylor part but I do. If I lived in Waco I would probably buy baseball tickets. Not sure Drew is worth the buy. Mulkey maybe.

There were problems with the BOR when Briles arrived. The same voting block as today but more of them. That group bet that if football was winning then few would care. They were right. Most of the Baylorfans posters who are active here did not care. So now you care. Do you want a medal?
Krieg
NoBSU said:

Krieg said:

NoBSU said:

Krieg said:

NoBSU said:

I am not on board. I see the strong chance the Rex's drp, drip, drip is going to backfire and hurt Briles and Baylor. I doubt the Rex cares about the hurting Baylor part but I do. If I lived in Waco I would probably buy baseball tickets. Not sure Drew is worth the buy. Mulkey maybe.

There were problems with the BOR when Briles arrived. The same voting block as today but more of them. That group bet that if football was winning then few would care. They were right. Most of the Baylorfans posters who are active here did not care. So now you care. Do you want a medal?

I actually agree with what you said here until the last 3 sentences, but I'm not entirely sure what you meant by them. If you clarify/explain, I'd answer.
NoBSU
Krieg said:

NoBSU said:

Krieg said:

NoBSU said:

Krieg said:

NoBSU said:

I actually agree with what you said here until the last 3 sentences, but I'm not entirely sure what you meant by them. If you clarify/explain, I'd answer.
Buddy Jones and Dary Stone used their FOB voting block to roll up a lot of traditional Baylor groups in the 200Xs like the BAA, B Foundation, etc. They tan up debt, ran up tuition, chased Tier I legitimately & deviously with paying Freshmen to retake SATs, pushed research over instruction, and pushed some new wrinkles with Faith & Learning. They bet that most would not not notice or care as long as Athletics (Football in particular) was booming. They were right. Most Baylor fan posters did not care. Starr was here to raise national conservative donations as the BOR shaped Baylor into the national evangelical university of America. Many posters here detest the BOR over Briles firing and 1-11. I have much older reasons that are not about athletics.

So I am not bonding with the newbie BOR haters if it means that I have to buy into Briles being an angel. I think (don't know) that there is more out there that we will never see. I don't think it is DA (plaintoff lawyers have pulled those out of the woodwork), I think it will damage Baylor, that it won't exonerate Briles, and won't chase out the block of regents that need to go.

BaylorRocks
Another Mac Engle article? And he turned the interview, which I assure you he asked KD for, into an attack against the one he interviewed ("death sentence)? 'nuff said.......he's a click baiting hack of a sports writer people. Ignore him.
gobbeldygook
NoBSU said:

Krieg said:

NoBSU said:

Krieg said:

NoBSU said:

Krieg said:

NoBSU said:

Buddy Jones and Dary Stone used their FOB voting block to roll up a lot of traditional Baylor groups in the 200Xs like the BAA, B Foundation, etc. They tan up debt, ran up tuition, chased Tier I legitimately & deviously with paying Freshmen to retake SATs, pushed research over instruction, and pushed some new wrinkles with Faith & Learning. They bet that most would not not notice or care as long as Athletics (Football in particular) was booming. They were right. Most Baylor fan posters did not care. Starr was here to raise national conservative donations as the BOR shaped Baylor into the national evangelical university of America. Many posters here detest the BOR over Briles firing and 1-11. I have much older reasons that are not about athletics.

So I am not bonding with the newbie BOR haters if it means that I have to buy into Briles being an angel. I think (don't know) that there is more out there that we will never see. I don't think it is DA (plaintoff lawyers have pulled those out of the woodwork), I think it will damage Baylor, that it won't exonerate Briles, and won't chase out the block of regents that need to go.
Ok. Let's reroute this conversation with a tad bit more sanity than you have proven capable of the past few years. I won't give my former account name away, but I started posting on Baylorfans my junior year of college in the early 00s. Holy smokes you're aligning yourself with xiled. There isn't a bigger fence-sitting, incoherent, quasi-literate poster on this board. There wasn't on Baylorfans either. Maybe BEAR with his schtick. So you should just take a timeout and consider that for a second.

Normally I wouldn't take someone to task, but you sure as heck have earned it. Get off your soapbox and pipe your high and mighty BS down. It's sickening. Seriously sickening. I considered you a nondescript, innocuous poster on Baylorfans, but here you have really ratcheted up the self-righteous crap. Not unsurprising. This forum encourages these cultish behaviors. I can't even imagine what it's like on the pay board. I still lament the nonexistence of Baylorfans, despite its shortcomings. This place might as well be texags, which really, really sucks. Right down to the software. JFC on a cracker. Even told myself I wouldn't join this board because it sucks so freaking bad.

I don't care about your petty crap with the BOR or any old timers that were on it. Yeah they sucked. Buddy Jones repeatedly embarrassed the university. I detest the current BOR because they handled this situation in the worst possible way. This is, by the way, how most people feel. I've never clung to any robe. And, again like most people, I wish Rhule the best and know that his 1-11 isn't entirely on him. But, he should have done better. Period. He's paid too well to suck.

As far as your spaced-out diatribe, well the timelines are so out of whack that its cray cray. Like all these things running amok, yet Vision 2012 caused much of those things and was "done" barely as Briles got going. So absolutely stop any sort of connection. We can agree that old Baylor BOR people sucked, suck and will continue to suck as human beings. Mark Hurd is on our BOR and he's practically ODB with money.

But you aren't going to point your nose up at other Baylor alums. I guarantee that. Like you care more than other people because they think the school screwed up. I hope it all comes out. Because I am absolutely done with the petty infighting from these old turds. And if it burns the school, so be it. Maybe they'll finally learn their lesson once and for all.
NoBSU
gobbeldygook said:

NoBSU said:

Krieg said:

NoBSU said:

Krieg said:

NoBSU said:

Krieg said:

NoBSU said:

Ok. Let's reroute this conversation with a tad bit more sanity than you have proven capable of the past few years. I won't give my former account name away, but I started posting on Baylorfans my junior year of college in the early 00s. Holy smokes you're aligning yourself with xiled. There isn't a bigger fence-sitting, incoherent, quasi-literate poster on this board. There wasn't on Baylorfans either. Maybe BEAR with his schtick. So you should just take a timeout and consider that for a second.

Normally I wouldn't take someone to task, but you sure as heck have earned it. Get off your soapbox and pipe your high and mighty BS down. It's sickening. Seriously sickening. I considered you a nondescript, innocuous poster on Baylorfans, but here you have really ratcheted up the self-righteous crap. Not unsurprising. This forum is encourages these cultish behaviors. I can't even imagine what it's like on the pay board. I still lament the nonexistence of Baylorfans, despite its shortcomings. This place might as well be texags, which really, really sucks. Right down to the software. JFC on a cracker. Even told myself I wouldn't join this board because it sucks so freaking bad.

I don't care about your petty crap with the BOR or any old timers that were on it. Yeah they sucked. Buddy Jones repeatedly embarrassed the university. I detest the current BOR because they handled this situation in the worst possible way. This is, by the way, how most people feel. I've never clung to any robe. And, again like most people, I wish Rhule the best and know that his 1-11 isn't entirely on him. But, he should have done better. Period. He's paid too well to suck.

As far as your spaced-out diatribe, well the timelines are so out of whack that its cray cray. Like all these things running amok, yet Vision 2012 caused much of those things and was "done" barely as Briles got going. So absolutely stop any sort of connection. We can agree that old Baylor BOR people sucked, suck and will continue to suck as human beings. Mark Hurd is on our BOR and he's practically ODB with money.

But you aren't going to point your nose up at other Baylor alums. I guarantee that. Like you care more than other people because they think the school screwed up. I hope it all comes out. Because I am absolutely done with the petty infighting from these old turds. And if it burns the school, so be it. Maybe they'll finally learn their lesson once and for all.
Talk about a rant...

I am tired of the self-righteous Briles scapegoating cry-babies that all of a sudden think they have stumbled upon the root of all evil at Baylor.
xiledinok
gobbeldygook said:

NoBSU said:

Krieg said:

NoBSU said:

Krieg said:

NoBSU said:

Krieg said:

NoBSU said:

The

Normally I wouldn't take someone to task, but you sure as heck have earned it. Get off your soapbox and pipe your high and mighty BS down. It's sickening. Seriously sickening. I considered you a nondescript, innocuous poster on Baylorfans, but here you have really ratcheted up the self-righteous crap. Not unsurprising. This forum is encourages these cultish behaviors. I can't even imagine what it's like on the pay board. I still lament the nonexistence of Baylorfans, despite its shortcomings. This place might as well be texags, which really, really sucks. Right down to the software. JFC on a cracker. Even told myself I wouldn't join this board because it sucks so freaking bad.

You guys just don't want the public to read Nobsu because no one buys your b.s. anywhere in the universe thanks to his accurate non bias posts. He even posted he wouldn't have fired Briles. In my opinion, he is ridiculous on the point but it's his opinion. It won't ruin his day knowing we disagee. He is a man.
There's only one forum where anyone wants to read the nonsense spun by the former regime.

BUbearinARK
gobbeldygook
NoBSU said:

Talk about a rant...

I am tired of the self-righteous Briles scapegoating cry-babies that all of a sudden think they have stumbled upon the root of all evil at Baylor.
No you aren't. If those four extremists, three of which that have probably already been (likely rightly) banned from this echo chamber, never existed you wouldn't have anything to pee in your freaking panties about. The best thing you can do for yourself and for every other Baylor alum is just be quiet. Just like on Baylorfans there were 2 or 3 people who held an extremist position, and you and all these other echo chamber specialists got all worked up about it like they were widely held beliefs. You people deserve each other with your strange obsessive behaviors. I guess I'll commend you for not paying your "sicem" fan dues to people I consider journalist hacks. No offense Sicem365 crew, it's just how I view you. Very much like the Geoff Ketchums and Liuccis of the world.

Correction: I like and appreciate Ashley on the basketball board. Everybody else is a hack.
gobbeldygook
xiledinok said:

gobbeldygook said:

NoBSU said:

Krieg said:

NoBSU said:

Krieg said:

NoBSU said:

Krieg said:

NoBSU said:

The

You guys just don't want the public to read Nobsu because no one buys your b.s. anywhere in the universe thanks to his accurate non bias posts. He even posted he wouldn't have fired Briles. In my opinion, he is ridiculous on the point but it's his opinion. It won't ruin his day knowing we disagee. He is a man.
There's only one forum where anyone wants to read the nonsense spun by the former regime.
What I don't want to read is your attempt at the written word. For over a decade I've had to work my way through your posts like hedge mazes of illiteracy.
BUbearinARK
gobbeldygook said:

I guess I'll commend you for not paying your "sicem" fan dues to people I consider journalist hacks. No offense Sicem365 crew, it's just how I view you. Very much like the Geoff Ketchums and Liuccis of the world.
gobbeldygook
BUbearinARK said:

gobbeldygook said:

I guess I'll commend you for not paying your "sicem" fan dues to people I consider journalist hacks. No offense Sicem365 crew, it's just how I view you. Very much like the Geoff Ketchums and Liuccis of the world.

Is that what 9.95 gets you? LOL!
BUbearinARK
gobbeldygook said:

BUbearinARK said:

gobbeldygook said:

Is that what 9.95 gets you? LOL!
gobbeldygook
Sign me up! Might as well join texags and orangebloods too...don't wanna miss out on "10 thoughts about my daddy issues" and "Looch's extraordinary elite texas top 200 under twelve"
NoBSU
gobbeldygook said:

NoBSU said:

Talk about a rant...

No you aren't. If those four extremists, three of which that have probably already been (likely rightly) banned from this echo chamber, never existed you wouldn't have anything to pee in your freaking panties about. The best thing you can do for yourself and for every other Baylor alum is just be quiet. Just like on Baylorfans there were 2 or 3 people who held an extremist position, and you and all these other echo chamber specialists got all worked up about it like they were widely held beliefs. You people deserve each other with your strange obsessive behaviors. I guess I'll commend you for not paying your "sicem" fan dues to people I consider journalist hacks. No offense Sicem365 crew, it's just how I view you. Very much like the Geoff Ketchums and Liuccis of the world.

Correction: I like and appreciate Ashley on the basketball board. Everybody else is a hack.

Let me see if I can get this straight...

Baylorfans/Sicem had three or four extremists that gave me a purpose according to you.

I get all worked up about nothing like it was a widely held belief.

You want me to shut up.

But did you or any of the others for the main group of angry posters ever tell the extremists to shut up? Nope.

You can put me on ignore, but you can't shut me up.
gobbeldygook
NoBSU said:

gobbeldygook said:

NoBSU said:

Talk about a rant...

Baylorfans/Sicem had three or four extremists that gave me a purpose according to you.

You want me to shut up.

But did you or any of the others for the main group of angry posters ever tell the extremists to shut up? Nope.

Many people voiced their opinion that didn't line up with those that you wanted to argue with. This is America. I can't and won't make them stop voicing what they believe unless it's really beyond the bounds of civilized talk. If they want to think girls are out for money, great. Just don't be profane. You want to force them to shut up? Buy a plane ticket to China. I'm not dim. I can tell an extremist from the pack. I ignore them.

I don't actually care if you want to keep spouting off. Just don't act like you give more of a damn about the school in the course of this drummed up scenario where Vision 2012 barely overlapped with football success. "Where was everybody else!? I, NOBSU THE GREAT, WAS BEATING THAT DRUM LONG AGO!" Seriously.
BUbearinARK
NoBSU
gobbeldygook said:

NoBSU said:

gobbeldygook said:

NoBSU said:

Talk about a rant...

You want me to shut up.

Many people voiced their opinion that didn't line up with those that you wanted to argue with. This is America. I can't and won't make them stop voicing what they believe unless it's really beyond the bounds of civilized talk. If they want to think girls are out for money, great. Just don't be profane. You want to force them to shut up? Buy a plane ticket to China. I'm not dim. I can tell an extremist from the pack. I ignore them.

I don't actually care if you want to keep spouting off. Just don't act like you give more of a damn about the school in the course of this drummed up scenario where Vision 2012 barely overlapped with football success. "Where was everybody else!? I, NOBSU THE GREAT, WAS BEATING THAT DRUM LONG AGO!" Seriously.
You missed a lot. You have it all figured out now, sure. Stranger, bubbadog, quash, sheet music man, the real Jett Rink, and many others knew who needed to go. Who listened when football was winning? You had better things to do. Now this board is lit up with rants on the BOR ruining Baylor. Why listen to you now?

xiledinok
gobbeldygook said:

xiledinok said:

gobbeldygook said:

NoBSU said:

Krieg said:

NoBSU said:

Krieg said:

NoBSU said:

Krieg said:

NoBSU said:

The

What I don't want to read is your attempt at the written word. For over a decade I've had to work my way through your posts like hedge mazes of illiteracy.
Where do I send the bullets? What a cry from hell! "xiledinok" thinks you throw a big fit when life doesn't go your way.
Krieg
NoBSU said:

gobbeldygook said:

NoBSU said:

gobbeldygook said:

NoBSU said:

Talk about a rant...

You want me to shut up.

You missed a lot. You have it all figured out now, sure. Stranger, bubbadog, quash, sheet music man, the real Jett Rink, and many others knew who needed to go. Who listened when football was winning? You had better things to do. Now this board is lit up with rants on the BOR ruining Baylor. Why listen to you now?

I was pro-BAA and a am a lifetime member, if such a thing still exists. That said, destroying the BAA didn't cause 5% if the harm that this scandal has caused.

I even told a regent how dumb demolishing the building was because it clearly want in the way of anything.

But 2012 was a really long time ago at this point. Besides, a lot of it was good as well. Without it we'd likely be an athletic joke top to bottom, for example. We've indeed raised record amounts of money, pre-scandal. It was partially a needed modernization program. Sure it was far from perfect and poorly sold and sometimes very poorly implemented.

But that's really beside the point. If you really have disliked the regents to that extent for 20 years you should take any allies you can get. Somehow, though, you spend your time doing the opposite.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.