Football
Sponsored by

KD Cannon Chimes in on Baylor "Scandal"

17,563 Views | 129 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Krieg
Thee University
How long do you want to ignore this user?
la1037 said:

Thee University said:

la1037 said:

Timbear said:

It's pretty cheap for some posters on here to continually trash former Baylor players. It's clear that these posters never want players from the Briles years to succeed because it might reflect positively on Art.
Sickening isn't it. These guys are not Baylor fans and probably not alumni. They are simply BOR shrills.
Reminds me of all you sniveling apologists still clinging to the soiled and tattered robe all while rejoicing in Rhule's 1-11 start.

Who would that be? I don't know anyone rejoicing in Rhules start. I wish he could be half of what Briles was. I truly do. It is what it is and I can't change it so I want him to win. He just doesn't seem to grasp his situation. I wish he was smart enough to build on what he had in house and not ask a sports car to pull a plow. I want him to win. I want Baylor to win.

Do you? I think you prefer to preach and be sanctimonious. I think you like to cover for your BOR buddies. I think that is what makes you tick. You will probably feed us a bs line that it's only integrity that matters like no one else who wants to win cares about integrity or some line of bs like that.
Open up and I'll feed you some reality.

Briles in 2008 - 4 & 8, 2 & 6
Briles in 2009 - 4 & 8, 1 & 7
Briles in 2010 - 7 & 6, 4 & 4

Rhule has a long way to go but give him a chance. Since Briles only won 2 conference games in 2008 you could say that Rhule was indeed 1/2 of what Briles was. Hell, if he wins 2 B12 games this year he will be double what Briles was in Year #2.

I can guarantee you Rhule understands what is going on and the situation he is in. His assistants do too.

You want to see 7 on 7 offense and pitiful defense, pitiful special teams and gangsta discipline. Those days are HIS-TO-RY.

What did he have in house? Briles and his staff ran the sports car out of gas, out of oil and stripped the gears. He pulled to the side of the road waiting for the Longhorn Cadillac to pick him up but lo and behold, it drove right past him. He crawled back to Waco, cried out to the BOR and picked up millions to go away so we could repair all of the damage he created and revealed.

I always want BU to win but I want it with integrity, with pride and with honor. Briles had us so close. All the stubborn dunce had to do was hire a real DC, a real special teams coach, truly enforce discipline and we could still today be on top of the Big 12 and would have played in a few Final Fours by now. His ego and his inattention to defense needed to be corrected back around 2010 or 2011. Can you imagine what we could have been had we given RG3 a defense to back him up? Same thing with Petty. I feel sorry for those two great QBs. Florence too!

The fact that we were so close to dropping that left nad but couldn't or wouldn't is what turned me into your worst nightmare.

Yes, I know a few of the BORs and they are top notch, fine people that I trust made the right decisions based on the cards dealt them. My only complaint is that maybe they should have stepped in around 2010 or 2011 and given Art a spanking and put him in time out. Straighten up now or we take all of your toys away.

I don't expect any of you to understand my stance. Until you have worn the green & gold, played for a conference championship NCAA team and had time to reflect on what goes into winning at that level and what kept you from doing even better, you can't even come close to understanding. I'm a competitor and I understand how opportunities like we had for a few years there only come around every once in a while and to be ready to maximize those opps when they present themselves.
"The education of a man is never completed until he dies." - General Robert E. Lee
jbbear
la1037 said:

Thee University said:

la1037 said:

Timbear said:

It's pretty cheap for some posters on here to continually trash former Baylor players. It's clear that these posters never want players from the Briles years to succeed because it might reflect positively on Art.
Sickening isn't it. These guys are not Baylor fans and probably not alumni. They are simply BOR shrills.
Reminds me of all you sniveling apologists still clinging to the soiled and tattered robe all while rejoicing in Rhule's 1-11 start.

Who would that be? I don't know anyone rejoicing in Rhules start. I wish he could be half of what Briles was. I truly do. It is what it is and I can't change it so I want him to win. He just doesn't seem to grasp his situation. I wish he was smart enough to build on what he had in house and not ask a sports car to pull a plow. I want him to win. I want Baylor to win.

Do you? I think you prefer to preach and be sanctimonious. I think you like to cover for your BOR buddies. I think that is what makes you tick. You will probably feed us a bs line that it's only integrity that matters like no one else who wants to win cares about integrity or some line of bs like that.
Speaking of trolls.....
xiledinok
Forget integrity for a minute. How about some class?

IF Cannon had a football card, it would be a picture of him jawing with defensive backs on the way back to the huddle after an incompletion and he would be looking at the quarterback and pointing to midfield or where he thought the ball needed to be thrown.
Timbear
How about the many great touchdown catches over the years including the last Baylor Bowl game and win that K.D. had? For X to not even acknowledge those tremendous plays by KD disqualifies any of his posts on this thread.
MilliVanilli
la1037 said:

Thee University said:

la1037 said:

Timbear said:

2 plus years of being a Briles shill kind of is a testament to not having anything better to do with your time.

It's sadly amusing at this point.

To be half the man Briles is does that mean Rhule has to recruit and turn a blind eye to only one rapist?
xiledinok
la1037 popped up on Baylor fans after Staley Briles had dumped her trash "one foot out the door" after the Texas Tech tank and beatdown in 2016. He warned simple little old virgin body xiledinok that "you'll be sorry." He had been talking to his buddy (don't know the relationship) the two time author and not presently distinguished football coach, Art Briles.
I don't know any football fan who pays to watch football to allow these coaches with overpriced salaries have to "one foot out the door." How did that turn out anyway? Does Staley need to be picking games in Las Vegas for the bookies? How did it turn out? Can I have a show of hands, how many people think that is class and integrity?

I am still trying to figure out how I am going to be sorry. I know mall fighters don't have rules but that wasn't a concern. I can find me some mall fighters.
xiledinok
Timbear said:

How about the many great touchdown catches over the years including the last Baylor Bowl game and win that K.D. had? For X to not even acknowledge those tremendous plays by KD disqualifies any of his posts on this thread.
He was their boy. They fed him the ball to help build him up and so they could leave with our best bowl performer leaving school.
Amazing how KD put up great numbers against non conference teams.
Timbear
Thanks, X. You just proved my point.
Eball
Thee University said:

la1037 said:

Thee University said:

la1037 said:

Timbear said:

Rhule has a long way to go but give him a chance. Since Briles only won 2 conference games in 2008 you could say that Rhule was indeed 1/2 of what Briles was. Hell, if he wins 2 B12 games this year he will be double what Briles was in Year #2.

I can guarantee you Rhule understands what is going on and the situation he is in. His assistants do too.

You want to see 7 on 7 offense and pitiful defense, pitiful special teams and gangsta discipline. Those days are HIS-TO-RY.

What did he have in house? Briles and his staff ran the sports car out of gas, out of oil and stripped the gears. He pulled to the side of the road waiting for the Longhorn Cadillac to pick him up but lo and behold, it drove right past him. He crawled back to Waco, cried out to the BOR and picked up millions to go away so we could repair all of the damage he created and revealed.

I always want BU to win but I want it with integrity, with pride and with honor. Briles had us so close. All the stubborn dunce had to do was hire a real DC, a real special teams coach, truly enforce discipline and we could still today be on top of the Big 12 and would have played in a few Final Fours by now. His ego and his inattention to defense needed to be corrected back around 2010 or 2011. Can you imagine what we could have been had we given RG3 a defense to back him up? Same thing with Petty. I feel sorry for those two great QBs. Florence too!

The fact that we were so close to dropping that left nad but couldn't or wouldn't is what turned me into your worst nightmare.

Yes, I know a few of the BORs and they are top notch, fine people that I trust made the right decisions based on the cards dealt them. My only complaint is that maybe they should have stepped in around 2010 or 2011 and given Art a spanking and put him in time out. Straighten up now or we take all of your toys away.

I don't expect any of you to understand my stance. Until you have worn the green & gold, played for a conference championship NCAA team and had time to reflect on what goes into winning at that level and what kept you from doing even better, you can't even come close to understanding. I'm a competitor and I understand how opportunities like we had for a few years there only come around every once in a while and to be ready to maximize those opps when they present themselves.
Pre-Briles...

2004 3-8
2005 5-6
2006 4-8
2007 3-9

You really don't want to look to much farther back do you?

Thee you are a pencil-necked geek!

I don't always agree but you are consistent and honest in what you say and the opinions you have...I think if I ever got mad about anything you said it was my feeling that some like you who had real consistent football related grips with CAB sort of used this mess unfairly to get rid of him. You were not the only fan some in administration and some on the BOR who despite his success just did not care for CAB for a lot of reasons but I think most of you all do not believe he is Satan or would have your skin crawl to be in the same room with him.
historian
If anyone wants to look at Briles's record, you should not focus on the first 2 bad years or the third mediocre year (still, the first bowl game in a long time).

The focus should be on what followed:

* four 10-win seasons out of five years (Baylor only had one before Briles)
* Baylor's only Heisman
* Baylor's only Belitnikoff
* Baylor's only wins in Manhattan or Norman
* the first win in Stillwater since 1939
* back to back Big 12 championships
* back to back 11 win seasons
* more Baylor players going to the NFL for some of those years than any other school in Texas
* 7 straight bowl appearances (the most consecutive bowl games in Baylor history before Briles was 2)
etc. etc. etc.

Here are some additional records for Baylor's glory years under Briles, 2011-2015:

* record against OU: 3-2 (ditto with OSU, Texas & TCU)
* record against K State: 4-1 (ditto with Iowa State)
* record against Tech: 5-0 (ditto with Kansas)
* record against W. Virginia: 2-2

One can deny Briles's accomplishments all you want, but the truth is he did great things for Baylor. McLane Stadium truly is "The House that Art (& Robert) Built."

This is not to deny that there were not plenty of mistakes. I think they may have been exaggerated, but we just don't know. We still have not seen ANY EVIDENCE and only two juries have seen any in courts of law--the only ones that should matter in criminal cases.
gobbeldygook
People wanted this topic to die a swift death the moment Briles was fired. Cognitive dissonance at its finest. The available information that damns Briles revolves around text messages regarding one player with a gun who threatened someone and another, Oakman I believe, that harassed a masseuse. These issues stayed hidden from Judicial Affairs. Along with other minor issues these are fireable offenses

It is my opinion that Briles shouldn't have been fired. He should have been suspended like Urban Meyer next week. That decision was the worst move for PR purposes. It either wittingly or unwittingly scapegoated the football program.

The Briles saga is essentially over. It will, however, linger in the minds of all Baylor alumni for at least 20 years as the most poorly run scandal management in college history, barely removed from a previous scandal. We should not forget this and constantly ask ourselves, "Why does this continue to happen at our alma mater?" "What is the source?" These are important questions in rooting out the real problem.
la1037
Thee University said:

la1037 said:

Thee University said:

la1037 said:

Timbear said:

Briles 4-8 talent in '08 & '09 was < Rhule's 1-11 talent in '17 - by a mile. Giving him a pass while railing on Briles exposes that your agenda is personal and not about winning football games.

I lost you after that. We disagree. I really don't want to pick fights for the sake of picking fights. I trust you have your reasons. I have mine. I have some of the more "Clownish" BOR shrills on ignore. You at least I think (although I don't agree with much you have to say) are more than just a Briles basher... maybe not?

But moving on from Briles... I don't understand how anyone can give Rhule a pass on 1-11. The guy had way more talent than 1-11 verses a VERY weak non-con schedule. Absolutely the worst talent to performance ratio in my history of following Baylor football since 1985 and its not even close. But you BOR boys can't seem to be intellectually truthful about what you saw. You make excuses about talent. And at the same time with adding about 4-5 relevant players to 18 team you think we will go 6-7 this year. I know Platt is back but do you think we will go injury free this year? Just ridiculous and it chaps me.
"We are unaware of any situation where you personally had contact with anyone who directly reported to you being the victim of sexual assault or that you directly discouraged the victim of an alleged sexual assault from reporting to law enforcement or university officials. Nor are we aware of any situation where you played a student athlete who had been found responsible for sexual assault.”
- Chris Holmes, Baylor General Counsel
Thee University
historian said:

If anyone wants to look at Briles's record, you should not focus on the first 2 bad years or the third mediocre year (still, the first bowl game in a long time).

* Baylor's only Heisman
* more Baylor players going to the NFL for some of those years than any other school in Texas
* 7 straight bowl appearances (the most consecutive bowl games in Baylor history before Briles was 2)
etc. etc. etc.

Here are some additional records for Baylor's glory years under Briles, 2011-2015:

One can deny Briles's accomplishments all you want, but the truth is he did great things for Baylor. McLane Stadium truly is "The House that Art (& Robert) Built."

This is not to deny that there were not plenty of mistakes. I think they may have been exaggerated, but we just don't know. We still have not seen ANY EVIDENCE and only two juries have seen any in courts of law--the only ones that should matter in criminal cases.
We are not focusing on Briles overall record. Overall it was a good .600+ and for a few years it was excellent. Nobody denies this.

My point, and a valid point it remains, is that if you are going to cry about and denigrate Rhule you need to look back over history and compare other BU coach's Year 1 record to Rhule's. I remember back in 2008 and 2009 when I was not excited about Briles and his future at BU. It was only RG3 that excited me about our future at that time.

"The education of a man is never completed until he dies." - General Robert E. Lee
la1037
Timbear said:

I have X and Milli on ignore like most reasonable people, but I am guessing he its something about why can't he make it in the NFL or why did he get a penalty in the Cotton Bowl for stiff arming or some other irrelevant point that just pushes the agenda to hate all things Briles even if it means burning Baylor and its former players to the ground.

The kid was amazing and crazy fast and he coulda have gone to Clemson, Ole Miss, Notre Dame, OU or just about any other school in America but he went to Baylor. And that turned to be one of the biggest mistakes of his life. He was a great player for us. He just got shot in the back along with the coach he loved.
"We are unaware of any situation where you personally had contact with anyone who directly reported to you being the victim of sexual assault or that you directly discouraged the victim of an alleged sexual assault from reporting to law enforcement or university officials. Nor are we aware of any situation where you played a student athlete who had been found responsible for sexual assault.”
oldbear69

Mac, ace reporter, on the job
MilliVanilli
la1037 said:

Timbear said:

I have X and Milli on ignore like most reasonable people, but I am guessing he its something about why can't he make it in the NFL or why did he get a penalty in the Cotton Bowl for stiff arming or some other irrelevant point that just pushes the agenda to hate all things Briles even if it means burning Baylor and its former players to the ground.

The kid was amazing and crazy fast and he coulda have gone to Clemson, Ole Miss, Notre Dame, OU or just about any other school in America but he went to Baylor. And that turned to be one of the biggest mistakes of his life. He was a great player for us. He just got shot in the back along with the coach he loved.
Lulz, "reasonable" people aren't two years into the same fantasy as you are.

You just want a safe space to promote the same tired tripe on repeat.
RegentCoverup
Thee University said:

la1037 said:

Thee University said:

la1037 said:

Timbear said:

It

H

My only point that might be a tad different than yours is this. There are people on that board that serve no purpose whatsoever but to eat the food, drink the tea and claim dominion over the university.

They may have given quietly, but I don't see donations from them, experience in higher education or unique expertise that could be of value to ANY board, much less a large university. Not talking about the Drayton's or the Hurds. And i've got no problem with wealth. If Alice Walton wants to bring her $37 billion to the game, I'll drive the car. Just saying we have a lot of people whose only contribution is them saying "We love Baylor."

Love's got nothing to do with it.

The faster we scrape off the dead weight, the better we will be.
This site leaks private information to Baylor Regents and Administration
Thee University
la1037 said:

Thee University said:

la1037 said:

Thee University said:

la1037 said:

Timbear said:

Briles 4-8 talent in '08 & '09 was < Rhule's 1-11 talent in '17 - by a mile. Giving him a pass while railing on Briles exposes that your agenda is personal and not about winning football games.

I lost you after that. We disagree. I really don't want to pick fights for the sake of picking fights. I trust you have your reasons. I have mine. I have some of the more "Clownish" BOR shrills on ignore. You at least I think (although I don't agree with much you have to say) are more than just a Briles basher... maybe not?

But moving on from Briles... I don't understand how anyone can give Rhule a pass on 1-11. The guy had way more talent than 1-11 verses a VERY weak non-con schedule. Absolutely the worst talent to performance ratio in my history of following Baylor football since 1985 and its not even close. But you BOR boys can't seem to be intellectually truthful about what you saw. You make excuses about talent. And at the same time with adding about 4-5 relevant players to 18 team you think we will go 6-7 this year. I know Platt is back but do you think we will go injury free this year? Just ridiculous and it chaps me.
Whoa there cowboy. We can argue this till the cows come home.

Talent does not automatically equate to wins. My sophomore Baylor team of 1978 went 3-8 (only beating #9 Texas, #12 Texas A&M and unranked TCU - we even lost to Rice that year). We had 21 NFL draftees and numerous free agents with a couple of 1st rounders on that team that went 3-8.

It is only personal with me in that Briles refused to upgrade his DEFENSE, Special Teams and enforce discipline. All of this contributed to our inability to go undefeated in conference play and lose spectacularly in our bowl games. I took this personally because I could see it coming and I am not that smart.

As for the deck dealt Rhule........Grobe had a better hand to play with than Rhule and Grobe lost 6 in a row once he started playing the better B12 teams. The handwriting was on the wall and you ignore it. Rhule inherited a battered and emotionally empty team that was nowhere near that of Briles and Grobe got to work with,

Rhule did not have an RG3 to roll out and take over games.

Eball
Thee University said:

historian said:

* Baylor's only Heisman
etc. etc. etc.

We are not focusing on Briles overall record. Overall it was a good .600+ and for a few years it was excellent. Nobody denies this.

My point, and a valid point it remains, is that if you are going to cry about and denigrate Rhule you need to look back over history and compare other BU coach's Year 1 record to Rhule's. I remember back in 2008 and 2009 when I was not excited about Briles and his future at BU. It was only RG3 that excited me about our future at that time.

I get that some want to compare and contrast coaches...I agree that it is unfair to CMR to fault his 1-11 record and just say CAB would have been 11-1 with the same talent and injuries...no one can know that...however any coach who goes 1-11 ought to be criticized and I don't mean in a negative way but come on he went 1-11. Nothing to do with CAB he went 1-11. Tell me any self respecting fan bases that won't have some question everything he did and is doing? He was 1-11...CMR get it that is why he says goal is a Bowl game game. he was 1-11 after all...

Everybody believes that because I loved CAB and the style that this is the reason I am critical of CMR...not true he was 1-11...I would be critical of CAB if he had gone 1-11.

Remember I am the guy who said give CMR time to improve and get his system in play and siad a 300% improvement to 3 wins would sure be a sign or progress over 1-11. I got blasted for being negative...I do think we will be better than 1-11. I just don't want people to rise up and lynch CMR if he only wins 3-4-5 games but misses a Bowl...I fully understand that any of those records would be a vast improvement over 1-11.

So to sum up 1-11 get criticized by some every time. So to avoid criticism don't go 1-11.
EvilTroyAndAbed
Timbear said:

KD singlehandedly won us a bowl game. I'll always be grateful to him for that.
la1037
Thee University said:

la1037 said:

Thee University said:

la1037 said:

Thee University said:

la1037 said:

Timbear said:

Talent does not automatically equate to wins. My sophomore Baylor team of 1978 went 3-8 (only beating #9 Texas, #12 Texas A&M and unranked TCU - we even lost to Rice that year). We had 21 NFL draftees and numerous free agents with a couple of 1st rounders on that team that went 3-8.

It is only personal with me in that Briles refused to upgrade his DEFENSE, Special Teams and enforce discipline. All of this contributed to our inability to go undefeated in conference play and lose spectacularly in our bowl games. I took this personally because I could see it coming and I am not that smart.

As for the deck dealt Rhule........Grobe had a better hand to play with than Rhule and Grobe lost 6 in a row once he started playing the better B12 teams. The handwriting was on the wall and you ignore it. Rhule inherited a battered and emotionally empty team that was nowhere near that of Briles and Grobe got to work with,

Ok Cowboy. Lets dance....

Briles won. And he had a system that neutralized a talent handicap. That is the meat and bun. The rest is lettuce and tomatoes. I don't care if a coach has no offense and all defense so great we win 2-0 every game. A win is a win just like 61-58 is a win.

Rhule had 64 3 star players and 10 4 star players on the opening day roster. Briles had half that (or less) when he started yet won 4 games and you saw us getting better.

Oct. 27, 2015 Cary Gray/David Harper/Ron Murff shot our team and coaches in the back to the WSJ and DMN. They lost the will to fight after that. They were the #8 team in the nation at that point in time. We probably would have lost 2 or 3 of those 6 games anyway simply because we didn't have Art. The arse clowns on the BOR sealed a worse fate. Had nothing to do with talent.

With all the support the school can provide, first class facilities, and the best talent fo any first year football coach had in Baylor history (possible exception of Chuck Reedy on talent) Rhule goes 1-11. You offer him a pass. Its nonsense and its only based on your anti-Briles agenda. Not on football sense.

There is no legitimate excuse for Rhule. He failed. He failed miserably. I have no option but to hope he figures something out and can recruit us to a better record. I hope he does but he will have to prove it to me. I don't offer blind support to anything these BOR clowns have to offer.

Forest Bueller
Eball said:

Thee University said:

historian said:

* Baylor's only Heisman
etc. etc. etc.

I get that some want to compare and contrast coaches...I agree that it is unfair to CMR to fault his 1-11 record and just say CAB would have been 11-1 with the same talent and injuries...no one can know that...however any coach who goes 1-11 ought to be criticized and I don't mean in a negative way but come on he went 1-11. Nothing to do with CAB he went 1-11. Tell me any self respecting fan bases that won't have some question everything he did and is doing? He was 1-11...CMR get it that is why he says goal is a Bowl game game. he was 1-11 after all...

Everybody believes that because I loved CAB and the style that this is the reason I am critical of CMR...not true he was 1-11...I would be critical of CAB if he had gone 1-11.

Remember I am the guy who said give CMR time to improve and get his system in play and siad a 300% improvement to 3 wins would sure be a sign or progress over 1-11. I got blasted for being negative...I do think we will be better than 1-11. I just don't want people to rise up and lynch CMR if he only wins 3-4-5 games but misses a Bowl...I fully understand that any of those records would be a vast improvement over 1-11.

So to sum up 1-11 get criticized by some every time. So to avoid criticism don't go 1-11.

With the 1 being against the worst P5 program in the nation, it even makes the 1 look really bad.

Chin up though, I expect 6 wins this year. I really do.
BUbearinARK
Eball said:

Thee University said:

historian said:

KIf anyone wants to look at Briles's record, you should not focus on the first 2 bad years or the third mediocre year (still, the first bowl game in a long time).

* Baylor's only Heisman
etc. etc. etc.

I don't think you quite made your point. Please expound more with the same data points again, please. But con anima.
57Bear
la1037 said:

... Oct. 27, 2015 Cary Gray/David Harper/Ron Murff shot our team and coaches in the back to the WSJ and DMN. They lost the will to fight after that. They were the #8 team in the nation at that point in time. We probably would have lost 2 or 3 of those 6 games anyway simply because we didn't have Art. The arse clowns on the BOR sealed a worse fate. Had nothing to do with talent. ...

Shouldn't Reagan Ramsower be included on that list?
la1037
57Bear said:

la1037 said:

... Oct. 27, 2015 Cary Gray/David Harper/Ron Murff shot our team and coaches in the back to the WSJ and DMN. They lost the will to fight after that. They were the #8 team in the nation at that point in time. We probably would have lost 2 or 3 of those 6 games anyway simply because we didn't have Art. The arse clowns on the BOR sealed a worse fate. Had nothing to do with talent. ...

Good point
xiledinok
educatla1037 said:

Timbear said:

He put up good numbers against bad teams and if you think he is crazy fast then you have never seen real speed. He made it clear he was using Baylor and we gave him three good opportunities. What does he do? He goes ahead and leaves early and is not ready for the NFL. He doesn't get drafted. Nothing more humorous than a guy whose ego is too big for his competition.
Is he going half speed in the NFL because they blanket him? It is tough when those grown men are taller, can run faster and have arms longer than their legs. He only ran one route in college. The NFL playbook requires someone to be able to read and study. He also had a tendency to drop passes.

Rhule had very little left when he arrived. We knew he would start with no defense or special teams.
Would any educated soul predict a program would be any good when the former head coach's daughter and the wife at the time of a current assistant is tweeting out how the results on the field don't matter and they've already have one foot out the door? She must have not spent much time actually in a college classroom or anything associated with non college athletics.

How did one foot out the door workout? And they wonder why they have a stigma.
xiledinok
la1037 said:

57Bear said:

la1037 said:

Good point

I think the regents decided after the embarrassing episode at Rice to start over and have the new coach keep who he wants and ship out the rest. Next time, use better judgment. There's not a fanbase in America that doesn't want to see the former regime get hammered.

Reagan Ramsower has all the secrets. RR's advisors probably tell Baylor to keep him happy. I wouldn't be surprised if he didn't dump some garbage in post a Baylor interview on a few folks. I bet he walks away with his retirement and a big F U middle finger. He's educated enough to know who to dump on in the scandal.
241Bear
16 of 22 Big XII champions have had at least one loss in conference play. Is going undefeated in conference play the goal? Of course. Is it a realistic expectation every year? Different conversation.
Aliceinbubbleland
OnField6158 said:

Gotta get those clicks though, am I right? Any old news we could possibly dredge up to get some attention!

It's been years, sick of hearing about this *****
You going to be sicker until the BOR comes clean. Drip drip drip.
forza orsi
Eball said:

Thee University said:

historian said:

* Baylor's only Heisman
etc. etc. etc.

This is what always makes your so analysis so enjoyable to read. No hidden agendas and plenty of statistics to support your position.
xiledinok
Aliceinbubbleland said:

OnField6158 said:

Gotta get those clicks though, am I right? Any old news we could possibly dredge up to get some attention!

It's been years, sick of hearing about this *****
You going to be sicker until the BOR comes clean. Drip drip drip.

Bubble, every sports fan in the country knows Baylor covered this mess at every level. The general public knows at the international level. The bodies have already been washed away. A faucet drip is what we all expect with trailer trash. The general public knows college coaches cheat and play dirty. Briles Last Resort just gives the public venom to still want a piece of those coaches.
RR is a real intelligent man. Par for the course for the former regime to forget that he can dump on them violently once he leaves.
bunation
That (Cannon's interview) took courage. More testament to the quality mentor Art Briles is.

Relying on today's media to handle truth is, by definition, foolishness.
bunation
la1037 said:

Thee University said:

la1037 said:

Thee University said:

la1037 said:

Thee University said:

la1037 said:

Timbear said:

Ok Cowboy. Lets dance....

Briles won. And he had a system that neutralized a talent handicap. That is the meat and bun. The rest is lettuce and tomatoes. I don't care if a coach has no offense and all defense so great we win 2-0 every game. A win is a win just like 61-58 is a win.

Rhule had 64 3 star players and 10 4 star players on the opening day roster. Briles had half that (or less) when he started yet won 4 games and you saw us getting better.

Oct. 27, 2015 Cary Gray/David Harper/Ron Murff shot our team and coaches in the back to the WSJ and DMN. They lost the will to fight after that. They were the #8 team in the nation at that point in time. We probably would have lost 2 or 3 of those 6 games anyway simply because we didn't have Art. The arse clowns on the BOR sealed a worse fate. Had nothing to do with talent.

With all the support the school can provide, first class facilities, and the best talent fo any first year football coach had in Baylor history (possible exception of Chuck Reedy on talent) Rhule goes 1-11. You offer him a pass. Its nonsense and its only based on your anti-Briles agenda. Not on football sense.

There is no legitimate excuse for Rhule. He failed. He failed miserably. I have no option but to hope he figures something out and can recruit us to a better record. I hope he does but he will have to prove it to me. I don't offer blind support to anything these BOR clowns have to offer.

Very well said.

Thanks.
Thee University
la1037 said:

Perfect! You illustrate the difference between me and you perfectly.

You are ranking talent on high school "stars" that are unproven on the collegiate battlefield while I look at talent by how many made it into the NFL. You eat burgers and fries while I dine on steak and potatoes.

64 3 star and 10 4 star? Is that like the little star stickers they put on your kindergartner's chest when they did something good at school? Sort of like a participation trophy or juice box?

You mention the BOR and the date of 10/27/15. I suggest that our BOR should have administered that spanking of Art way prior to October 2015 and they would not have had to endure this meltdown that still continues even today.

Your judge of talent and team chemistry was obviously piss poor. I'll admit that I never expected 1-11 even with the _____storm our football team was hit by but then again I played on a team light years more talented than Rice and we lost to those Owls in Houston.

Rhule will show us what he is truly made of now that has had a year of implementing his schemes, his discipline and his game plans. Arthur went 3-13 in B12 play his first two years. If Rhule wins 3 or 4 B12 games this season then he is ahead of Briles after 2 years on the job.

The BOR, made up of a million times more brainpower than Briles and his in-bred staff, did what they had to do because Briles chose the path and the weapons. Baylor whipped his @$$ all over Central Texas. Yes, the depth of that cess pool Briles created was much deeper than anticipated but we will clean it out and start anew.
Eball
Thee University said:

la1037 said:

Perfect! You illustrate the difference between me and you perfectly.

You are ranking talent on high school "stars" that are unproven on the collegiate battlefield while I look at talent by how many made it into the NFL. You eat burgers and fries while I dine on steak and potatoes.

64 3 star and 10 4 star? Is that like the little star stickers they put on your kindergartner's chest when they did something good at school? Sort of like a participation trophy or juice box?

You mention the BOR and the date of 10/27/15. I suggest that our BOR should have administered that spanking of Art way prior to October 2015 and they would not have had to endure this meltdown that still continues even today.

Your judge of talent and team chemistry was obviously piss poor. I'll admit that I never expected 1-11 even with the _____storm our football team was hit by but then again I played on a team light years more talented than Rice and we lost to those Owls in Houston.

Rhule will show us what he is truly made of now that has had a year of implementing his schemes, his discipline and his game plans. Arthur went 3-13 in B12 play his first two years. If Rhule wins 3 or 4 B12 games this season then he is ahead of Briles after 2 years on the job.

The BOR, made up of a million times more brainpower than Briles and his in-bred staff, did what they had to do because Briles chose the path and the weapons. Baylor whipped his @$$ all over Central Texas. Yes, the depth of that cess pool Briles created was much deeper than anticipated but we will clean it out and start anew.
Briles created the problem? I am not sure what you are referring to here the football program or the BU culture in regard to how they treat alleged victims of SA? Either way you are in correct. If football CAB took us to the highest heights ever in program history...so don't see a cess pool. If you talking culture of BU that was and still is in place and certainly while I love what BU stands for and its mission the manner in which we dealt with allegation of SA and how we treated victims was a cess pool but it was not created by CAB.

You keep trying to justify your football arguments by trying to argue that CAB had some moral failings in regard to discipline which somehow both led to unapparelled success yet ultimate down fall.. I can't tell whether you are saying because he recruited Bad Dudes he won games or because he recruited Bad Dudes he destroyed the program?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.