Football
Sponsored by

Baylor making thousands of tickets available at VetTix

4,462 Views | 36 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Wichitabear
TXWayne
How long do you want to ignore this user?
So I have posted before about the fact I donate my BU season tickets for various sports to VetTix when I cannot use them. I have used VetTix for several years and think they are a great organization. Apparently Baylor does also and are all in with football this year. Not sure what to make of it though given the number of ticket available, almost speaks to very poor ticket sales. I just got an email from them notifying me of ticket available in lottery for the following games, number is the number of tickets available:

ACU - 467
Duke - 1597
Kansas - 1449
Kansas State - 1647

The fee is $12.97 total for either two or four tickets. If you are a vet all you have to do to join VetTix is upload a DD214 and you are good. If you are a vet or know one that is not signed up I encourage you to take advantage. They offer all kinds of events, I am going to House of Blues in Dallas Saturday for a craft beer and music event that is $14 per ticket and I got four tickets for $5.97. Quite a deal.
RegentCoverup
That's very cool.

I think people are going to be surprised that Rhoades is making the athletics organization more professional.
This site leaks private information to Baylor Regents and Administration
BealBear
What a great program for vets. Sadly I feel like we are going back to the days where we can't even give tickets away. Thanks BOR
RegentCoverup
BealBear said:

What a great program for vets. Sadly I feel like we are going back to the days where we can't even give tickets away. Thanks BOR

The numbers are down across the board. It's just cheap to stay at home and watch. Technology cut the price of the delivery dramatically. Baylor is actually doing well.

College fb isn't quite the catch it was even ten years ago.
This site leaks private information to Baylor Regents and Administration
BealBear
TellMeYouLoveMe said:

BealBear said:

The numbers are down across the board. It's just cheap to stay at home and watch. Technology cut the price of the delivery dramatically. Baylor is actually doing well.

I would disagree, our stadium is he perfect size for our fan base size and before the scandal we had a 10,000 person waiting list. I think we all know people that had season tickets three years ago that are no longer season ticket holders due to the administrations handling of the scandal.
Loaded4Bear
This season will be the first Baylor home opener I will have missed since 1995. Baylor cured me of Baylor Football.
"It it ain't broke, get a bigger hammer!"
bularry
BealBear said:

TellMeYouLoveMe said:

BealBear said:

I would disagree, our stadium is he perfect size for our fan base size and before the scandal we had a 10,000 person waiting list. I think we all know people that had season tickets three years ago that are no longer season ticket holders due to the administrations handling of the scandal.

The scandal had wide implications

Our stadium is perfect for our alumni when are a top 10 team.
Grizz Air
Im sad we cant sell tix but im glad we are honoring veterans.
BealBear
Loaded4Bear said:

This season will be the first Baylor home opener I will have missed since 1995. Baylor cured me of Baylor Football.

My dad has been a season ticket holder since 1977 and this is the first year he has not renewed. Same goes for my brother and several other friends. I renewed to give Rhule one more chance to not **** the bed but we will see. I hope he can do it because I don't think i could handle a return to the Stolen years.
TXWayne
We had two season tickets but last year added an additional because my son was graduating. He used it to get in last season but sat with his friends. Now this year he is back in grad school but we still renewed all three. Plus he got a gig with the B12 working to support instant replay somehow on the sideline. I have a slightly different perspective, I am not at all happy with what is going on but I plan on attending every game and supporting those kids on the field that had nothing to do with what happened.
BealBear
TXWayne said:

We had two season tickets but last year added an additional because my son was graduating. He used it to get in last season but sat with his friends. Now this year he is back in grad school but we still renewed all three. Plus he got a gig with the B12 working to support instant replay somehow on the sideline. I have a slightly different perspective, I am not at all happy with what is going on but I plan on attending every game and supporting those kids on the field that had nothing to do with what happened.

That's great that you are doing that. Hope things turn around and we are back to having to have a waiting list. I'll renew every year even if I don't go just to keep my tailgate spot in hopes we can find another coach like Art that can lead to promise land again.
TXWayne
Yes, so it seems visiting teams took very little of their allotment so Baylor is making them available to vets in sections 314-319. I like that....
BealBear
TXWayne said:

Yes, so it seems visiting teams took very little of their allotment so Baylor is making them available to vets in sections 314-319. I like that....

Great idea, maybe we pick up some new T-shirt fans.
MilliVanilli
Loaded4Bear said:

Guess you should be banned from this board then...oh wait, you were and came back with another screenname.

You sure seem "cured"...
TXWayne
I am going to put in for 4 tickets for the Duke, KSU, and KU games....I mean $40 for 12 tickets is a steal. Then I will get friends who are not season ticket holders to join us. Worst case I give them away.
bularry
Loaded4Bear said:

you went to every Steele and Morriss home opener and now Baylor "cured" you of Baylor football?

amazing,
Loaded4Bear
bularry said:

Loaded4Bear said:

you went to every Steele and Morriss home opener and now Baylor "cured" you of Baylor football?

amazing,

I agree. Truly amazing.
"It it ain't broke, get a bigger hammer!"
Brian Ethridge
Staff
Loaded4Bear said:

via GIPHY

Brian Ethridge
Staff
TXWayne said:

So I have posted before about the fact I donate my BU season tickets for various sports to VetTix when I cannot use them. I have used VetTix for several years and think they are a great organization. Apparently Baylor does also and are all in with football this year. Not sure what to make of it though given the number of ticket available, almost speaks to very poor ticket sales. I just got an email from them notifying me of ticket available in lottery for the following games, number is the number of tickets available:

ACU - 467
Duke - 1597
Kansas - 1449
Kansas State - 1647

The fee is $12.97 total for either two or four tickets. If you are a vet all you have to do to join VetTix is upload a DD214 and you are good. If you are a vet or know one that is not signed up I encourage you to take advantage. They offer all kinds of events, I am going to House of Blues in Dallas Saturday for a craft beer and music event that is $14 per ticket and I got four tickets for $5.97. Quite a deal.
ACU selling more than Duke, Kansas, and Kansas State surprised me, especially KSU, since they are a team that usually travels.

Great program for Vets and hopefully all four are wins for Baylor.
Illinois Bear2
Loaded4Bear said:

I doubt I'd go to a home opener, even if I lived in Waco. Can't stand that heat. If the forecast was decent I might reconsider though.
gsgriffin
Brian - isnt a non con opponent offered less tickets? There may have been less to return and offer to vettix. Or they may be doing something else (first responders, please?) With some of them.
Brian Ethridge
Staff
gsgriffin said:

Brian - isnt a non con opponent offered less tickets? There may have been less to return and offer to vettix. Or they may be doing something else (first responders, please?) With some of them.
I thought each visitor was given the same, but could be wrong. I'll ask and see what they say.
TXWayne
Brian Ethridge said:

TXWayne said:

ACU - 467
Duke - 1597
Kansas - 1449
Kansas State - 1647

ACU selling more than Duke, Kansas, and Kansas State surprised me, especially KSU, since they are a team that usually travels.

I threw in for four tickets for each game with the exception of ACU. I already have two extra because my wife will be out of town. No way I miss it, don't care what the weather is. Now that my son is back in grad school it is the only time I get to see him. Great social event and don't want to miss it.
Brian Ethridge
Staff
TXWayne said:

Brian Ethridge said:

TXWayne said:

ACU - 467
Duke - 1597
Kansas - 1449
Kansas State - 1647

I threw in for four tickets for each game with the exception of ACU. I already have two extra because my wife will be out of town. No way I miss it, don't care what the weather is. Now that my son is back in grad school it is the only time I get to see him. Great social event and don't want to miss it.
Agree Wayne. I enjoy the fellowship at the tailgates.
Jacques Strap
Thanks for your service TX Wayne!
TXWayne
Amazingly enough I got tickets in the lottery and have four tickets for each game. No idea where any of the seats are as I have to wait to get the actual tickets. Not sure how long that will take.
RD2WINAGNBEAR86
MilliVanilli said:

Loaded4Bear said:

Guess you should be banned from this board then...oh wait, you were and came back with another screenname.

You sure seem "cured"...
I agree with you here. That Loaded4Bear guy should just ride off into the sunset.
"Never underestimate Joe's ability to **** things up!"

-- Barack Obama
MilliVanilli
RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

MilliVanilli said:

Loaded4Bear said:

You sure seem "cured"...
I agree with you here. That Loaded4Bear guy should just ride off into the sunset.
Yeah a third screen name, gonna get your IP banned, pretty phenomenal to watch a former athlete turn into a 50 somethign year old troll of college kids.
Malbec
MilliVanilli said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

MilliVanilli said:

Loaded4Bear said:

You sure seem "cured"...
Yeah a third screen name, gonna get your IP banned, pretty phenomenal to watch a former athlete turn into a 50 somethign year old troll of college kids.
You're a college kid? I just thought you were a ****.
Shakesbear
Great program! I'll be missing my son again this year at the games. The Mrs has volunteered to go with me this year, but it's not quite the same He's currently deployed with the Marines, but will hopefully be back before Christmas I told him I'd do my best to cheer the Bears on to a 6-win season so maybe we could work in a bowl game

Semper Fi!
Retreat Hell! We just got here! The 2/5
MilliVanilli
Malbec said:

MilliVanilli said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

MilliVanilli said:

Loaded4Bear said:

You sure seem "cured"...
Ah, another triggered geriatric that gets his feelings hurt on a message board because he refuses to let go of a fired football coach that's a pariah.
RD2WINAGNBEAR86
MilliVanilli said:

Malbec said:

MilliVanilli said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

MilliVanilli said:

Loaded4Bear said:

You sure seem "cured"...
Ah, another triggered geriatric that gets his feelings hurt on a message board because he refuses to let go of a fired football coach that's a pariah.

http://img2.timeinc.net/people/i/2013/sandbox/news/131202/milli-vanilli/milli-vanilli-600x450.jpg
"Never underestimate Joe's ability to **** things up!"

-- Barack Obama
la1037
McClane would be full (or very close) if we had a decent chance to go .500 and we were playing an average program.

Neither is the case. Its going to be a rough year for green and gold in the stands.

Thanks for the tip on Vet Tix. We typically try to give tickets away and then turn them back to Baylor. I like this idea better.

"We are unaware of any situation where you personally had contact with anyone who directly reported to you being the victim of sexual assault or that you directly discouraged the victim of an alleged sexual assault from reporting to law enforcement or university officials. Nor are we aware of any situation where you played a student athlete who had been found responsible for sexual assault.”
- Chris Holmes, Baylor General Counsel
TXWayne
la1037 said:

McClane would be full (or very close) if we had a decent chance to go .500 and we were playing an average program.

Neither is the case. Its going to be a rough year for green and gold in the stands.

Thanks for the tip on Vet Tix. We typically try to give tickets away and then turn them back to Baylor. I like this idea better.
The most fulfilling interaction with VetTix was from donating some of my season tickets for the women's basketball games. We usually don't make the weekday games unless it is UT because we live 125 miles away so I donate all of them. VetTix asks for the recipient of the tickets to provide feedback and pictures, I am not so good about doing that. I got feedback from some of my tickets from a vet who was taking his young daughter (7-8) to the games and how much it meant to her to be able to attend, very heartwarming. I had the opportunity to meet them as we gave away tickets and then decided to go and I made it a point to seek them out and say hi. It was great......
TXWayne
So that is awkward. I have four tickets to the Duke, Kansas, and Kansas State games via VetTix downloaded and printed and still waiting for my season tickets to arrive.......
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.