Football
Sponsored by

Friday Night 8/17 - Singing Men of Texas concert at FBC Dallas

1,127 Views | 5 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by boognish_bear
BearN
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Thought I'd let everybody know about this free concert tomorrow night at FBC Dallas. A few of you in the DFW area may be interested. Sorry I didn't think to post this sooner.

If you like choirs you will enjoy it. There will be 120+ Baptist Music Ministers in the choir, and a 20+ piece Orchestra/Band. They do a wide variety of church music including hymns, spirituals, gospel, and some newer songs. They even did a David Crowder song last year, not sure if it is on the set list tomorrow night. My dad joined last year. He has really enjoyed it. He is in the group out of the San Antonio area.

Here is some more info on the concert tomorrow night.

http://singingmenoftexas.com

From the link:

Join us for the Singing Men of Texas concert with special guest, Steve Green August 17, 2018 at 7:00 pm at First Baptist Dallas. Free concert. Love offering. Everyone welcome!

For more information contact Karen Witcher at karen.witcher@texasbaptists.org or call 214.828.5246.

The six Singing Men of Texas chapters sponsored by Texas Baptists Music & Worship reach into every corner of the state. Each chapter consists primarily of music ministers, but pastors and other church or associational staff members as well as music faculty of colleges and universities are also welcome. Each group meets regularly for a time of fellowship, rehearsal and concert performances.
SIC EM 94
What's their non-conference schedule look like this year?
Tiny Elvis
Since this is on the football board, I assume they'll mostly be singing fight songs and school songs?
Grumpy
Singing Men of Texas is the new Board of Regents' approved name for the Baylor football team. Rhule says they're gonna start off on a good note this year, really try to harmonize, and other music puns. It's instrumental to winning.
Timbear
With respect, BearN, the Sunbeam Alumni Chorus is performing at halftime of the ACU game.
PacificBear
Whiskey Tango Foxtrot
boognish_bear
I'll take "things never seen on any other college team's football board" for $500 Alex...
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.