Football
Sponsored by

Bryce Petty - Dolphins v. Panthers 8/17

1,909 Views | 9 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Media Bear
OnField6158
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I was really hoping they'd give Bryce more time to show his stuff this game, but Osweiler and Fales **** the bed again so hopefully we see more of him in the preseason.

They put him in for the final drive and this was the result:

In addition he went 5/6 for 58 yards. In comparison, Osweiler went 10/13 for 68 yards and Fales went 1/6 for 6 yards and an interception.
vanillabryce
No turf monster there!!!
Grumpy
Petty plays with all heart - even in a preseason game. Hope the Dolphins see it.
hodedofome
Junk time but still happy he had some good stats. He showed some quickness on that run.
boognish_bear
He's getting some positive attention. Fans hoping he gets to start and play whole second half next game
GABear78
I simply don't understand how a guy shreds it in Big 12 play but isn't given much of a shot in the NFL. I realize it is a different game and the sophistication and overall level of play is much higher but Bryce is a good QB and when confident is hard to beat. I hope he turns some heads and gets another true shot.
OnField6158
GABear78 said:

I simply don't understand how a guy shreds it in Big 12 play but isn't given much of a shot in the NFL. I realize it is a different game and the sophistication and overall level of play is much higher but Bryce is a good QB and when confident is hard to beat. I hope he turns some heads and gets another true shot.
Bryce has done poorly in reading the defense beyond the second read and he hasn't been great in dealing with pass rush.

I like to attribute that to the dumpster fire that was the Jets offensive talent, but who knows.
Grizz Air
Dude looks like a true baller on that TD play. Thanks for posting.

I think one positive (maybe the only positive) about our new offense is if you succeed in this mess, you may very well succeed at the next level if you have the right tools (size, athleticism, arm strength, reflexes, and of course, football IQ).
Space53
Petty had no offensive line with the Jets, best thing for him was getting out of New York.
REvansBU71
What other NFL QB would take it up the middle in the red zone for 10 yards, and bust it in for a TD?

Probably not one who's concerned about his career,
but Petty is a tough guy.
Any Trump

“And if you do-oo.....” - Lt. Hauk
Media Bear
REvansBU71 said:

What other NFL QB would take it up the middle in the red zone for 10 yards, and bust it in for a TD?

Probably not one who's concerned about his career,
but Petty is a tough guy.
Brady. Prescott. Wilson. Newton. Taylor. Winston. Probably Mahomes at KC. Mariota would at one time -- he may be toning that sort of thing back now that he's becoming injury prone. Deshaun Watson is a likely suspect, but one wonders how mobile/physical he'll want to get after being hurt most of last year.

List gets pretty thin from there ... Most won't, but a few still take the hard-nosed approach to things when needed.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.