Football
Sponsored by

KD lands on Saskatchewan Roughriders practice roster

11,483 Views | 71 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by CHP Bear
boognish_bear
How long do you want to ignore this user?

MilliVanilli
US or Canadian dollars?

Because with the present exchange rate that's about 76 US cents to the dollar for him, after he pays a 20.5 percent tax bracket.

So it's the equivalent of grossing $38,000 US before taxes...less than a teacher.

Net salary of $30,210.

boognish_bear

http://3downnation.com/2017/07/24/raising-leagues-minimum-salary-key-cfls-upcoming-cba-negotiations/

"While it's great to see CFL players earning higher wages, the group of players in most need of a raise were largely neglected during the last round of negotiations. The league's minimum salary was raised from $45,000 to just $50,000 in 2014 with a further increase of $1,000 in each subsequent year, reaching $54,000 next season. Factoring in the recent slump in the Canadian dollar and most players earning the league's minimum salary are American the league's lowest-paid players aren't really earning more now than they were five years ago."
oldbear69
xiledinok
Canadian football has no appeal in the United States.
For every minute of FAU football drilled into thin skulls, Warren Moon's greatness slips.
BluesBear
The guy still has it at 60 something. I recently sat next to him on a domestic flight. He looks like he could still suit up - not bad for a NFL Hall of Famer
Brian Ethridge
Staff
Good for KD to get paid. Hopefully he tears it up in Canada and gets another shot in the NFL.
Media Bear
At last KD finds a team and sticks with them. At least for now.
NoBSU
Only 7 of 20 games left on the season. So only 35% of the average minimum left.
REX
I love the way most of y'all treat ex baylor players. Wonder if any future players read these boards?
Thanks for the compliment BE. At least we know you mean it.
NoBSU
REX said:

I love the way most of y'all treat ex baylor players. Wonder if any future players read these boards?
I know how Baylor used to treat former players in the eighties when I worked in Dallas. Boosters found them work at their places or others. That was Teaff and his supporters. How about Briles proponents? Is he pushing them to help former players? What is the focus of that coaching tree?

Since you have some great insider knowledge on the former staff and roster, what was KD's major and how close is he to a degree?
Big12Bear
Their fans are crazy. Watermelons on their heads is considered appropriate gameday attire.
Brian Ethridge
Staff
REX said:

Thanks. As you know, we get to know almost every kid coming into the program. We want them to succeed in college and beyond. Still talk with some of the first I covered 20+ years ago.
robby44
Brian Ethridge said:

REX said:

Thanks. As you know, we get to know almost every kid coming into the program. We want them to succeed in college and beyond. Still talk with some of the first I covered 20+ years ago.

Much respect to you Brian. You are a Great Baylor man!
EvilTroyAndAbed
NoBSU said:

REX said:

I know how Baylor used to treat former players in the eighties when I worked in Dallas. Boosters found them work at their places or others. That was Teaff and his supporters. How about Briles proponents? Is he pushing them to help former players? What is the focus of that coaching tree?

Since you have some great insider knowledge on the former staff and roster, what was KD's major and how close is he to a degree?
In other words, "I'm glad he caught some touchdown passes, but now that he's gone, I don't give a **** about him."

Nice.
NoBSU
EvilTroyAndAbed said:

NoBSU said:

REX said:

In other words, "I'm glad he caught some touchdown passes, but now that he's gone, I don't give a **** about him."

Nice.
That isn't anything close to what I said. I said that there was a network under Teaff to help find former players jobs after they were no longer played. Seen it in action. Program supporters did it.

What are the Briles staff members doing to place these guys in non-football work? What was his major and did he graduate?

BaylorOkie
robby44 said:

Brian Ethridge said:

REX said:

Much respect to you Brian. You are a Great Baylor man!
Cosign.
Timbear
I don't believe that Teaff got all the former Baylor players jobs. Sorry. O, and by the way, Briles is responsible for Hurricane Florence, and I want to know what he's doing about it. Will some of you get off the man's back. He's the best we've ever had.
Timbear
Plus, Briles is gone, and he was kicked out under highly questionable tactics. Why would he care about Baylor. When we walk into that Stadium Sat., it's the house that Briles built.
bunation
MilliVanilli
Timbear said:

Plus, Briles is gone, and he was kicked out under highly questionable tactics. Why would he care about Baylor. When we walk into that Stadium Sat., it's the house that Briles built.
That is pretty much the caber mantra, yet you can't walk away from Baylor forums.

Getting kids jobs is their future, the NFL isn't even three years of a life for most of the select few that go.
REX
NoBSU said:

EvilTroyAndAbed said:

NoBSU said:

REX said:

Nice.
That isn't anything close to what I said. I said that there was a network under Teaff to help find former players jobs after they were no longer played. Seen it in action. Program supporters did it.

What are the Briles staff members doing to place these guys in non-football work? What was his major and did he graduate?

So you are using Teaff program supporters and Coach Briles assistants?
OK
Keep making fun of former students it makes you look good.
NoBSU
Timbear said:

I don't believe that Teaff got all the former Baylor players jobs. Sorry. O, and by the way, Briles is responsible for Hurricane Florence, and I want to know what he's doing about it. Will some of you get off the man's back. He's the best we've ever had.
I don't think all Baylor attendees or graduates get jobs with Baylor assistance just like many athletes never needed assistance. I received calls when I worked in Dallas on a few of players where a booster was asked to put the word out the Player X was done with their brief stint in professional football. I worked in finance and was asked if I we had openings and could help. You sure wouldn't have called me if you didn't want to live in Dallas or work in that sector.

I bet more calls were made for high school/junior high staff and corporate sales positions, but that is speculation where my first paragraph is fact.
NoBSU
REX said:

NoBSU said:

EvilTroyAndAbed said:

NoBSU said:

REX said:

Nice.

OK
You are Evil Troy are dense.

Did your son just randomly apply at FAU and Houston? Or did he have assistance?
MilliVanilli
REX said:

NoBSU said:

EvilTroyAndAbed said:

NoBSU said:

REX said:

Nice.

OK
Snicker if you think Cannon went to class.
robby44
MilliVanilli said:

REX said:

NoBSU said:

EvilTroyAndAbed said:

NoBSU said:

REX said:

Nice.

OK

Were you one of his classmates or professors?
william
go route left, right, middle, etc..........

- KKM

hope he does well.

REX
He went to class and liked school
Just because Coach recruited him doesn't make him what y'all are hinting at.
Try something else
MilliVanilli
robby44 said:

MilliVanilli said:

REX said:

NoBSU said:

EvilTroyAndAbed said:

NoBSU said:

REX said:

Nice.

OK

Ah, if you only knew, you wouldn't be so desperate to defend the indefensible for 29 months and counting.
MilliVanilli
REX said:

Try something else
Alternate history is your profession on this board.

Brian Ethridge
Staff
REX said:

Try something else

He did go to class. Wouldn't say he enjoyed all. Hope he comes back and completes it.
robby44
MilliVanilli said:

robby44 said:

MilliVanilli said:

REX said:

NoBSU said:

EvilTroyAndAbed said:

NoBSU said:

REX said:

Nice.

OK

Ah, if you only knew, you wouldn't be so desperate to defend the indefensible for 29 months and counting.

I asked because I was wondering how you knew he wasn't going to class. Only classmates, professors or athletic department staff would know
xiledinok
Rex, from how it has turned out over two years, you would think it would have been better to have stayed in school.
It used to be a guy would declare early and actually get drafted.
Who gave him the advice?
NoBSU
Brian Ethridge said:

REX said:

Try something else

He did go to class. Wouldn't say he enjoyed all. Hope he comes back and completes it.
$17,000 isn't much to live off for the year especially less agent fees. If this doesn't springboard him, school or regular job doesn't sound like an insult to me but we have some testy people here.
Grizz Air
I think the point is... Cannon left about 2 years too early. If he hated baylor he couldve at least transferred to another school.
Last Page
Page 1 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.