Football
Sponsored by

Smoak with a good interview with Rhule

9,359 Views | 93 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Wwbear
gobears20
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Staff
Doc Holliday
He said he doesn't question himself after games. Ugh.
Blames everything on the team lacking confidence.

Somehow him questioning his own coaching philosophy is out of the question.

So Stubborn.
boognish_bear
I saw in the notes from the Monday press conference that he was putting a lot of blame on some players not giving full effort in practice. Hope that's not the case.
ColomboLQ
"no program has ever been in the shape this program was in when I walked in."

Is this guy for real?
Dia del DougO
He sounds like Obama.
"The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what you share with someone else when you're uncool."
Doc Holliday
Dia del DougO said:

He sounds like Obama.
Yep.

If you like your wins you'll be able to keep your wins.

...proceeds to lose in embarrassing fashion and then blames everyone but himself.
Dia del DougO
I try really hard to give this guy the benefit of the doubt and give him time to see results in his "process." But he's so completely full of crap when he speaks it makes me ragey.
"The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what you share with someone else when you're uncool."
LiBeartarian
Doc Holliday said:

So Stubborn.
Very narcissistic if you asked me.
PartyBear
ColomboLQ said:

Is this guy for real?
He is an idiot. Alot of programs win bowl games. That's what happened the night before his first day on the job.
hodedofome
boognish_bear said:

I saw in the notes from the Monday press conference that he was putting a lot of blame on some players not giving full effort in practice. Hope that's not the case.
That's interesting because I feel like he's giving some guys playing time for no other reason than they are giving a big effort in practice.
jumpinjoe
He has the characteristics of a post civil war carpetbagger.
Joined BaylorFans in 1999 under username jumpinjoe. Have always been Jumpinjoe. Proud 4 Year Baylor letterman and 1968 graduate and charter member of Quartermiler U, produced school record in 400 IH.
possible12
ColomboLQ said:

Is this guy for real?
Wrong. And dead horse beating publicly not a good look by now. Probably ought to save that thought for private by now. Let others say it.
BellCountyBear
The biblical term "stiff necked" comes to mind when I hear Matt Rhule speak.
Timbear
I'm telling you, Door Matt (not my idea, but I like it more than "Jersey ") is stubborn and clueless. I can't even listen to his crap.
Booray
ColomboLQ said:

Is this guy for real?
Unbelievable. Enough talent on hand to beat a 10-2 BSU squad; first-class facilities; high name recognition, located in the middle of a talent-rich environment. We had a ton of problems, but its not like he was coaching Minnesota State. Ot Liberty. Or UTSA.
DAC
ColomboLQ said:

Is this guy for real?

Wow. Unreal.
Stan Mikita
Former Baylor Head Coach Dave Roberts, eat your heart out.

Also, 2017 UAB says hi.
Dia del DougO
Doc Holliday said:

Dia del DougO said:

He sounds like Obama.
Yep.

If you like your wins you'll be able to keep your wins.

...proceeds to lose in embarrassing fashion and then blames everyone but himself.

I have a feeling the coming theme is "this is the new normal."
Dia del DougO
Booray said:

ColomboLQ said:

Is this guy for real?
Unbelievable. Enough talent on hand to beat a 10-2 BSU squad; first-class facilities; high name recognition, located in the middle of a talent-rich environment. We had a ton of problems, but its not like he was coaching Minnesota State. Ot Liberty. Or UTSA.

All that NFL talent on board. Just not a lot of college talent, I guess.
Booray
In the 59 years preceding Bill Snyder's arrival as KSU head coach, the Wildcats won 118 games. They averaged winning 2 games a year for 59 years.

Coach Ruhle might want to reevaluate.
bear2be2
Dia del DougO said:

Booray said:

ColomboLQ said:

Is this guy for real?

What NFL talent? Did you miss the last two drafts?
Dia del DougO
bear2be2 said:

Dia del DougO said:

Booray said:

ColomboLQ said:

Is this guy for real?

What NFL talent? Did you miss the last two drafts?
I'm talking about all the NFL guys Rhule frequently proclaims he has on his team...not the reality of what's acually happening on his team.
Baylor3216
If the comments here are what he really said, DoorMatt has already lost the team.

Turning down personal givaAf dial for a couple more years until he moves on
robby44
ColomboLQ said:

Is this guy for real?

Ridiculous
PartyBear
Baylor3216 said:

If the comments here are what he really said, DoorMatt has already lost the team.

Turning down personal givaAf dial for a couple more years until he moves on
We seriously cant afford to allow this to go on another couple of years. I dont think we afford to let it go on beyond a couple of more months. He has lost the alums and fans including many who were still in the supporter column after last season.
MilliVanilli
He inherited a mess, no question, but he has the talent to be competitive. He doesn't even have to win yet, just be competitive, and play motivated and hopeful of the future, and last Saturday was just a turd that made it questionable if he can even do that.

PartyBear
Milli he can can easily be 7-8 right now and 8-8 after this weekend (and that is not real good) but we are 3-12. That is not asking for too much at all with what we have considering at least who 7 of the games we have played thus far in the Rhule era have been against.
MilliVanilli
PartyBear said:

Milli he can can easily be 7-8 right now and 8-8 after this weekend (and that is not real good) but we are 3-12. That is not asking for too much at all with what we have considering at least who 7 of the games we have played thus far in the Rhule era have been against.
He has the talent to go 6-6 or 7-5 with good coaching, if he doesn't it's on the coaching barring catastrophic injuries.
PartyBear
I completely agree. I'm just saying what his overall record here could very easily be as of today but yet it is way short of that.
MilliVanilli
PartyBear said:

I completely agree. I'm just saying what his overall record here could very easily be as of today but yet it is way short of that.
I give 2017 a mulligan for transition, but you should've learned by now that you're not running in a blizzard in South Bend, Indiana at any time in the Big 12.

Having a team that can is nice, so we can run out the clock in a Cotton Bowl, but if we can't even get to a Cotton Bowl to begin with what good is it.
atkron195
All I gotta say is he better win and quick because I for one don't want to be watching us play the likes of East Carolina, Southern Mississippi and the like in some crappy conference that can't even get on TV.
Booray
We already can't get on TV.
BaylorOkie
Booray said:

We already can't get on TV.
I'm going to unfriend and unfollow you.
YoakDaddy
Doc Holliday said:

So Stubborn.

Gary Patterson realized in year 2 of their Big 12 play they'd need to change offensive philosophies to answer the "air raid" in the Big 12. Hello new OC Sonny Cumbie.
https://www.star-telegram.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/gil-lebreton/article5154216.html

oldbear69
gobears20 said:

separated at birth....
Last Page
Page 1 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.