Football
Sponsored by

Art Briles speaks to the Baylor Line

78,601 Views | 536 Replies | Last: 6 mo ago by Pecos 45
Gunny Hartman
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Osodecentx said:

Thee University said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

LOL! Well I hope you and Thee have a lot of fun at Baylor's next bowl appearance at the next Goody's Headache Powder Bowl. You can brag about our huge stats and great win over Florida International. Whenever that may be.
Where is the Goody's Headache Bowl being played? For me it is all about the location of the game.

When we lost to that commuter school a few years ago in the Fiesta I quit caring about the opponent and looked forward to good trips.
Don't have to worry about trips anymore. Plan your holidays without worrying about bowl games

Is that a fact?
REX
Gunny Hartman said:

Osodecentx said:

Thee University said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

LOL! Well I hope you and Thee have a lot of fun at Baylor's next bowl appearance at the next Goody's Headache Powder Bowl. You can brag about our huge stats and great win over Florida International. Whenever that may be.
Where is the Goody's Headache Bowl being played? For me it is all about the location of the game.

When we lost to that commuter school a few years ago in the Fiesta I quit caring about the opponent and looked forward to good trips.
Don't have to worry about trips anymore. Plan your holidays without worrying about bowl games

Is that a fact?

Bored?
Gunny Hartman
REX said:

Gunny Hartman said:

Osodecentx said:

Thee University said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

Is that a fact?

Bored?

By your broken record predictability? Absolutely.
fadskier
Our BOR has lied to us twice...1, Regarding the alumni association and Hughes Dillard Alumni Center and 2. Art Briles.

I bleed green and gold but sometimes, it hurts.
Salute the Marines - Joe Biden
Osodecentx
Gunny Hartman said:

Osodecentx said:

Thee University said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

Is that a fact?
I've been wrong before & and will be wrong again. I hope we play during the holidays this year
chorne68
The BOR was 100 percent at fault. I hope they have learned many lessons from this. I also hope we all move on. I also wish the best for CAB.
Timbear
Speaking of Art. He won 57-0 on Friday night. 3...2...1...
MilliVanilli
Timbear said:

Speaking of Art. He won 57-0 on Friday night. 3...2...1...
THREE BEAN CASSEROLE

Servings: 4 -6
Author: Mary Ann Dwyer
Ingredients
  • 1/2 lb. bacon chopped
  • 1 lb. ground beef
  • 1 large Vidalia onion chopped
  • 1 28 oz. can pork and beans I use Bush's Country Style Baked Beans
  • 1 16 oz. can light red kidney beans drained
  • 1 16 oz. can butter beans drained
  • 1/2 cup light brown sugar packed
  • 1/2 cup catsup
  • 1 Tbsp. yellow mustard
  • 1 Tbsp. Worcestershire
Instructions
[ol]
  • Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
  • In a large dutch oven, brown bacon until crisp. Remove to a plate lined with a paper towel. Set aside.
  • Drain all but 2 Tbsp. fat from dutch oven. Brown ground beef and onion. Drain fat.
  • Return bacon to the pot along with all other ingredients.
  • Mix well and bake for 35 minutes.
  • [/ol]
    Timbear
    Hahaha. Milli is so Owned. Hahaha
    MilliVanilli
    Timbear said:

Hahaha. Milli is so Owned. Hahaha
    You don't like Three Bean Casserole? It's as relevant as your obsession with Caber High.

Perhaps this is a recipe more hospitable to a Caber High bake sale.

Rice Krispies Treats

INGREDIENTS

1 c.
    (2 sticks) butter, plus more for pan

(12-oz.) bags marshmallows

1/4 tsp.
    kosher salt

10 c.
    Rice Krispies

DIRECTIONS

[ol]
  • Grease a 9"-x-13" baking pan with butter. In a large pot over medium heat, melt butter. Add marshmallows and salt and stir until completely melted. Continue cooking until marshmallows turn slightly golden, another 5 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in Rice Krispies.
  • Pour into pan and smooth top, being careful not to pack Rice Krispies into the pan too much. Let cool completely before slicing and serving.
  • [/ol]

[url=%3Fcrop%3D1xw%3A1xh%3Bcenter%2Ctop%26resize%3D1600%3A%2A][/url]

jbbear
    chorne68 said:

The BOR was 100 percent at fault. I hope they have learned many lessons from this. I also hope we all move on. I also wish the best for CAB.

100%? Briles and his staff did nothing wrong? Starr was on top of everything? Ian too? My goodness you are a blinded fool. You probably think OJ was 100% innocent.
    Wichitabear
    Thanks Milli joke or not, I'm going to try this recipe lol
    BaylorOkie
    That does look pretty good. I wish there was a photo with it.
    MilliVanilli
    BaylorOkie said:

That does look pretty good. I wish there was a photo with it.
    I appreciate the feedback, I'll provide one for future recipes.
    gold rewards
    Thanks for posting this article. I think Doc is right, Briles was used to get to Starr. Starr is probably right about the constitutionality of Title IX. And so it goes.

I am a closet Briles supporter, though not blind to the myriad of foibles committed by all involved. But I am sympathetic to Briles, and feel like he was the scape goat for much larger issues. But Briles is gone, Rhule is here, and I'm ready for a 10 win season. I hope all of the truth does come out one day and perhaps Briles and all of those affected by the fallout can at least get some sense of vindication. Realistically, it may be just the opposite, and I am anxious to know. No matter what, God bless all those who are victims or who have been caught in the crossfire.

Thanks for letting me vent.
    Keyser Soze
    jbbear said:

chorne68 said:

100%? Briles and his staff did nothing wrong? Starr was on top of everything? Ian too? My goodness you are a blinded fool. You probably think OJ was 100% innocent.

CABers have already played the Mark Fuhrman card
    CutTheTVoff
    RickyButler said:

SIC EM 94 said:

RickyButler said:

Gwhy do we keep talking about art briles? let's discuss dave Roberts too then
    Because Baylor will never be the same...ever, and I'm not talking just about football. People like you who are weak, are willing to just accept that unfortunately.
    don't call me weak, you little *******. you don't know me or the stuff I have seen or done in my 83 years on this earth. I am only asking why we keep talking about a coach that isn't here anymore. people need to move on because briles aint coming back
    Uh. I like talking about Grant Teaff. He isn't here anymore either. Art is a legend too.
    CutTheTVoff
    Milli I am a Caber but your post made me laugh out loud.
    MilliVanilli
    CutTheTVoff said:

Milli I am a Caber but your post made me laugh out loud.
    I'm a uniter.
    BaylorRocks
    Michibear said:

RickyButler said:

why do we keep talking about art briles? let's discuss dave Roberts too then
    We do, you know. Often in comparison to our current on-field woes in football.

On the field woes have gone away, just as expected. Just as so, it should be ok to talk about whatever football related topic or person one wishes to on this site.

Sic'em
    Chuckroast
    jbbear said:

chorne68 said:

For whatever CAB's faults may have been (we still don't really know in spite of the speculative regurgitations of a few of our posters), we know we had two big institutional failings: 1) Baylor failed in implementing basic governance and training and 2) no other school in the nation would have handled the "fall out" the way that Baylor did by simply scapegoating the coach who was helping to put the university on the map.
    MilliVanilli
    Chuckroast said:

jbbear said:

chorne68 said:

For whatever CAB's faults may have been (we still don't really know in spite of the speculative regurgitations of a few of our posters), we know we had two big institutional failings: 1) Baylor failed in implementing basic governance and training and 2) no other school in the nation would have handled the "fall out" the way that Baylor did by simply scapegoating the coach who was helping to put the university on the map.
    Sticking to that narrative still, huh?

This recipe is perfect for you then.

STRAWBERRY FOOL

• YIELD: 4 servings
    • TIME: 30 minutes

This Minimalist recipe is as basic as dessert gets, and especially in strawberry season it's just perfect. It is essentially fresh strawberries and whipped cream (substitute heavy cream, sour cream or yogurt). It can be eaten right away or refrigerated. Only a fool would pass this up.

INGREDIENTS
    • 1 pint strawberries
    • cup sugar, or to taste
    • 1 cup heavy cream
    • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract, optional

PREPARATION:

[ol]
  • Hull strawberries, then wash them and chop into 1/4-inch-thick pieces. Toss with half the sugar, and wait 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until they give up their juices.
  • Place half the strawberries and all the juice in a blender, and puree. Pour puree back in bowl with chopped strawberries.
  • Whip the cream with remaining sugar and vanilla until cream is stiff and holds peaks easily. Fold berries and cream together, and serve immediately, or refrigerate for up to two hours.
  • [/ol]

Media Bear
    MilliVanilli said:

Chuckroast said:

jbbear said:

chorne68 said:

STRAWBERRY FOOL

This Minimalist recipe is as basic as dessert gets, and especially in strawberry season it's just perfect. It is essentially fresh strawberries and whipped cream (substitute heavy cream, sour cream or yogurt). It can be eaten right away or refrigerated. Only a fool would pass this up.

INGREDIENTS
    • 1 pint strawberries
    • cup sugar, or to taste
    • 1 cup heavy cream

PREPARATION:

[ol]
  • Hull strawberries, then wash them and chop into 1/4-inch-thick pieces. Toss with half the sugar, and wait 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until they give up their juices.
  • Place half the strawberries and all the juice in a blender, and puree. Pour puree back in bowl with chopped strawberries.
  • Whip the cream with remaining sugar and vanilla until cream is stiff and holds peaks easily. Fold berries and cream together, and serve immediately, or refrigerate for up to two hours.
  • [/ol]

That's some good stuff, actually ...
    Amarillobear
    xiledinok said:

Robert Wilson said:

Booray said:

Robert Wilson said:

Yeah I wouldn't be that gracious about it.
    I was also very impressed by one thing from the tape recording of the meeting between the staff and Mack Rhoades over the WSJ article. In the midst of all that s4it, Kendal Briles had one comment: Let's go kick Texas' ass. His dad raised him right.

Briles made mistakes here and should have paid for them. But we screwed him over in a way he did not deserve and the karma is going to kill us for decades.

All dead on.

We really kicked Texas' ass in that 4th quarter! I m told by those in the know Lebby was a dumb one but I didn't expect him to not manage his backs as poorly as he did against Texas.
    Of course, when people are recording people, you can expect some folks to play to the recording.
    Sleazy people record and pump a little "sound" to juice the audience. Being insincere and stupid works on dumb ones. I have seen it done.
    I know someone that has known Lebby since his high school playing days. He said he is a good guy and is as honest as he can be. He can't be dumb because he is now the OC at UCF and he is doing very well in that role. Art is a family man and has surrounded himself with good people his whole life. All the coaches and players under Art still say nothing but good things about his character and leadership skills. I know people that have known him since he was at Sundown H.S. and they say he is a solid guy that people love.

MilliVanilli
    Media Bear said:

MilliVanilli said:

Chuckroast said:

jbbear said:

chorne68 said:

STRAWBERRY FOOL

INGREDIENTS
    • 1 pint strawberries
    • cup sugar, or to taste
    • 1 cup heavy cream

PREPARATION:

[ol]
  • [/ol]

That's some good stuff, actually ...
    I give people their just desserts...
    xiledinok
    REX said:

Gunny Hartman said:

Osodecentx said:

Thee University said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

Is that a fact?

Bored?

At this pace your son will have moved more times than Allied by the time he is 30. When did Florida State start playing games only for 3 quarters? Helluva choker this past week.
    You know good coaches add wrinkles watching other offenses?

Amarillo, good OU source whose been around for ages doesn't think he needs to be an offensive coordinator or a college assistants this time. We can all agree to disagree.

Mistakes at every level on the Baylor issues. It is not the school's fault the former regime tried to burn all in college football.

Milli, the Cabers need recipes that work with Colt .45!
    Chuckroast
    Media Bear, why did you have to quote Milli . . . although I will admit the dessert recipe looks good? It's really not worth my time to read his endless musings. But since I saw this one, I will simply say that I believe the narrative best supported by actual evidence and not conjecture.
    MilliVanilli
    Chuckroast said:

Media Bear, why did you have to quote Milli . . . although I will admit the dessert recipe looks good? It's really not worth my time to read his endless musings. But since I saw this one, I will simply say that I believe the narrative best supported by actual evidence and not conjecture.
    Yet you have the time to obsess over what a poster you swear you're ignoring posts.

Cabers are self-lampooning.
    fadskier
    xiledinok said:

REX said:

Gunny Hartman said:

Osodecentx said:

Thee University said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

Is that a fact?

Bored?

At this pace your son will have moved more times than Allied by the time he is 30. When did Florida State start playing games only for 3 quarters? Helluva choker this past week.

Amarillo, good OU source whose been around for ages doesn't think he needs to be an offensive coordinator or a college assistants this time. We can all agree to disagree.

Mistakes at every level on the Baylor issues. It is not the school's fault the former regime tried to burn all in college football.

Xile asked out a Baylor football player when Briles was here and the football player said no.

Bitter.
    Salute the Marines - Joe Biden
    MilliVanilli
    fadskier said:

xiledinok said:

REX said:

Gunny Hartman said:

Osodecentx said:

Thee University said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

Is that a fact?

Bored?

Xile asked out a Baylor football player when Briles was here and the football player said no.

Bitter.

Great deflection from being a rape apologist.

Here have a cookie.

Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe

These Chocolate Chip Cookies are soft and gooey in the middle, crisp on the edges, and loaded with chocolate chips.

Course Dessert
    Cuisine American
    Keyword chocolate chip cookie recipe, chocolate chip cookies

Prep Time 10 minutes
    Cook Time 11 minutes
    Total Time 21 minutes

Servings 18
    Calories 185kcal
    Ingredients
    • 1/2 cup unsalted butter
    • 1/2 cup brown sugar (light or dark)
    • 1/4 cup granulated sugar
    • 1 tsp vanilla extract
    • 1 large egg at room temperature*
    • 7.5 ounces all purpose flour, by weight (1.5 cups, if measuring)
    • 1/2 tsp baking soda
    • 1/2 tsp kosher salt
    • 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
    • fleur de sel for sprinkling on top, optional

Instructions
    • Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with a silicone mat.**
    • In a large heatproof bowl, melt the butter in the microwave until it's just barely melted, watching closely that it doesn't come to a boil or get too hot. If the butter becomes overheated, make sure you let it cool down before proceeding.
    • Add the brown sugar and granulated sugar to the bowl, and mix to combine, either with a hand mixer or by hand with a whisk. Only mix it just enough so that it's relatively smooth.
    • Add the vanilla extract and egg, and mix again until just combined.
    • In a separate bowl, whisk to combine the flour, baking soda, and salt, then add this to the wet ingredients. Stir until the flour has almost disappeared, then add the chocolate chips, and continue stirring until the dry ingredients have been absorbed.
    • Use a medium scoop to portion the cookie dough onto the prepared baking sheet. You should get around 18 cookies, so you can either bake two batches one after another (my preference) or add another baking tray.
    • Sprinkle the tops of the cookies with fleur de sel, if using, then bake for 11-12 minutes, until the cookies look slightly golden on the edges, and soft in the middle, but with no visible glistening rawness in the center.
    • Remove the cookies from the oven, and allow them to cool for a few minutes, during which time they'll flatten a bit and cook a little more. Then enjoy while warm!

StealthBear
    Amarillobear said:

xiledinok said:

Robert Wilson said:

Booray said:

Robert Wilson said:

Yeah I wouldn't be that gracious about it.
    I was also very impressed by one thing from the tape recording of the meeting between the staff and Mack Rhoades over the WSJ article. In the midst of all that s4it, Kendal Briles had one comment: Let's go kick Texas' ass. His dad raised him right.

Briles made mistakes here and should have paid for them. But we screwed him over in a way he did not deserve and the karma is going to kill us for decades.

All dead on.

We really kicked Texas' ass in that 4th quarter! I m told by those in the know Lebby was a dumb one but I didn't expect him to not manage his backs as poorly as he did against Texas.
    Of course, when people are recording people, you can expect some folks to play to the recording.
    Sleazy people record and pump a little "sound" to juice the audience. Being insincere and stupid works on dumb ones. I have seen it done.
    I know someone that has known Lebby since his high school playing days. He said he is a good guy and is as honest as he can be. He can't be dumb because he is now the OC at UCF and he is doing very well in that role. Art is a family man and has surrounded himself with good people his whole life. All the coaches and players under Art still say nothing but good things about his character and leadership skills. I know people that have known him since he was at Sundown H.S. and they say he is a solid guy that people love.

Shame the same can't be said about KB.
    StealthBear
    F*CK. Should have known this was the poors... Some things never change.
    Wichitabear
    I'm going to try this cookie recipe too Milli.
    MilliVanilli
    Wichitabear said:

I'm going to try this cookie recipe too Milli.
    be sure to bring them to the tailgate.

xiledinok
    fadskier said:

xiledinok said:

REX said:

Gunny Hartman said:

Osodecentx said:

Thee University said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

Is that a fact?

Bored?

Bitter.

I didn't have to ask out your mom or wife but that's a different story.

Why are you here? I get that you are a Caber have no class but you should probably try the little hamlet in East Texas' football board.

I stopped giving money to the Baylor Line Foundation when they took up Art's fight. The Baylor Line has gone from Willie Nelson, a true legend, to Art Briles. Things have gone downhill for them.

subscribe Verify your student status
    See Subscription Benefits
    Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.