Football
Sponsored by

Rhule is so bad

19,466 Views | 174 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Dman
Grizz Air
How long do you want to ignore this user?
So you dont play Tony Nicholson and essentially run him off and now we muff punts more than any team in the history of college football. I hope this terrible coaching with a million holding penalties comes to an end. We cant keep having this crap. time to vut the cord. Jersey is shooting us in the foot. Definitely the most overpaid coach in college FB and one of the worst.
PartyBear
4 wins or less this season I think he should go after year 2. I'm undecided if we have 5 wins. Something needs to change fast before the talent no longer wants to come here.
BaylorNate18
Go get Dino!
Yogi
NateJ18 said:

Go get Dino!
Should have gone after Dino when we brought in Grobe, but I doubt he would have taken the job.

That probably maintains some of the coaching staff/ players.
"Smarter than the Average Bear."
PartyBear
At this point Dino leaves only for a blue blood I think. S has given him a lot of power. He even sat in on the interviews for AD there.
CoachHBU2008
With all do respect gentlemen. I see a team fighting hard on both sides of the ball. I'm so far impressed with the run game and the defense is playing well. We can cut the penalties but the effort is there. The guys seem to be fighting hard for each other. It's still very early but I'm impressed with the fight we are taking to them on the road. Hopefully it continues.
Bears2Cane
You people sure go through some serious trouble to find something to complain about. Rhule isn't returning punts. Neither did Briles when his teams couldn't consistently catch punts. Give it a rest and enjoy the game.
Mitch Blood Green
Dino with a QB worth a damn? That would be a nice fit.

He'd be smart enough to play Bam Bam.
BaylorBJM
This board's hard on for Dino is so strange. It goes to show how pathetic some of your opinions truly are.

You don't get promoted by winning four games a year no matter how inspiring your pregame speeches may be.
Mitch Blood Green
BaylorBJM said:

This board's hard on for Dino is so strange. It goes to show how pathetic some of your opinions truly are.

You don't get promoted by winning four games a year no matter how inspiring your pregame speeches may be.

We won't get Dino. I bet Dino gets us. He'd be an upgrade.
RD2WINAGNBEAR86
BaylorBJM said:

Yes Sir. On this we agree.
"Never underestimate Joe's ability to **** things up!"

-- Barack Obama
MidWestBear2010
I'm not going to blame the dropped punts on Rhule but when we get important stops he needs to tell his return guys that they shouldn't try to catch the ball or go anywhere near the ball so that we are guaranteed to have possession. That is on him.
BylrFan
BaylorBJM said:

a coach with heart is better than a coach with no heart
Mitch Blood Green
My issue with Rhule (besides his nonsense) is our roster and potential roster is a misfit for the type of game he wants.

Rhule would be a better fit at Syracuse.
Space Cutter
Rhule has successfully turned Baylor football into an Embarrassment. Hope he's learning a lot today with this loss
RD2WINAGNBEAR86
tommie said:

My issue with Rhule (besides his nonsense) is our roster and potential roster is a misfit for the type of game he wants.

Rhule would be a better fit at Syracuse.
Be patient Sir. Most of those deplorable non-athletes from the previous regime are almost all gone. Rome was not built in a day. Trust the process.
"Never underestimate Joe's ability to **** things up!"

-- Barack Obama
YoakDaddy
Your expectations for football are too high....we hired a youth pastor.
LIB,MR BEARS
Space Cutter said:

Rhule has successfully turned Baylor football into an Embarrassment. Hope he's learning a lot today with this loss
if I remember correctly, prior to Rhule getting here. BU had 1 win in their last 7 games and they lost the biggest portion of a recruiting class
ABC BEAR
LIB,MR BEARS said:

Space Cutter said:

if I remember correctly, prior to Rhule getting here. BU had 1 win in their last 7 games and they lost the biggest portion of a recruiting class
So if we add what he inherited to what he's accomplished we are 5-21 in the last 26 games?
Chuckroast
ABC BEAR said:

LIB,MR BEARS said:

Space Cutter said:

So if we add what he inherited to what he's accomplished we are 5-21 in the last 26 games?
So it sounds like we are 5-21 since the Wall Street Journal news dump brought to us by a handful of regents. They must be proud.
contrario
MidWestBear2010 said:

I'm not going to blame the dropped punts on Rhule but when we get important stops he needs to tell his return guys that they shouldn't try to catch the ball or go anywhere near the ball so that we are guaranteed to have possession. That is on him.
There was an entire thread on here about how dumb it is for us for letting puts go. Armchair coaches are the best.
ABC BEAR
Chuckroast said:

ABC BEAR said:

LIB,MR BEARS said:

Space Cutter said:

So it sounds like we are 5-21 since the Wall Street Journal news dump brought to us by a handful of regents. They must be proud.
I think we're seeing football's version of the Times Square shell game: "You're doing very well, sir. Five winners already! Keep playing like that and you'll soon have my shirt too.
dave714
Grizz Air said:

So you dont play Tony Nicholson and essentially run him off and now we muff punts more than any team in the history of college football. I hope this terrible coaching with a million holding penalties comes to an end. We cant keep having this crap. time to vut the cord. Jersey is shooting us in the foot. Definitely the most overpaid coach in college FB and one of the worst.
Don't be an Idiot. Not Rhule fault that Platt dropped the punt. I believe Rhule is calling plays today and doing a damn good job.We're not supposted to win this game, but we don't look bad at all.
Dia del DougO
I don't see today so far as a terrible performance. There were sure some self-inflicted setbacks. Team is competing and doing some good things. They have to get out of their own way for starters, then get some more help.

I sure won't judge the season on this game.
"The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what you share with someone else when you're uncool."
Dia del DougO
Not sure why you don't go for 2 there, though.
"The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what you share with someone else when you're uncool."
CTbruin
Methinks this is one the best games of the Rhule era....so far.
PartyBear
I think last year's OU game was better. But the defense cannot keep giving up big plays. Our offense can keep us in this if the damn defense didn't just cave in big plays
Dia del DougO
That TD was not good.
CTbruin
Spoke too soon. My bad
PartyBear
I still think we are good enough to get 3 more wins somewhere. I have seen some positives here.
oldbear69
Isn't he supposed to be a defensive guru??? What a joke ... Charlie gets us back in the game and rhules defense gives up back to back 86 and 50 yard plays..what a joke ..
PartyBear
The defense is atrocious this half.
ImwithBU
oldbear69 said:

Isn't he supposed to be a defensive guru??? What a joke ... Charlie gets us back in the game and rhules defense gives up back to back 86 and 50 yard plays..what a joke ..

We will see if he learns like Fat Pat
cowboycwr
oldbear69 said:

Yes. Remember he bragged at the bowl interview that he was bribing defense to the big 12. I knew then we were in trouble and he had no clue about this conference.
oldbear69
Worst tackling than pmb ' defenses ....

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.