Football
Sponsored by

Bowl game projected for Baylor

37,218 Views | 260 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by REX
BearlyBeloved
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Checking a multitude of sites that make weekly bowl game projections reveals that only one currently has us in the mix. But it doesn't give me a good feeling because it inspires too many punchlines:

Sports Illustrated:
http://amp.si.com/college-football/2018/10/08/bowl-projections-matchups-predictions-playoff-rankings

Cheez-It Bowl, Phoenix (9 p.m. ET, ESPN)
Big 12 vs. Pac-12
Baylor vs. Cal

Malbec
Processed food bowl.
Michibear
BearlyBeloved said:

Sports Illustrated:
http://amp.si.com/college-football/2018/10/08/bowl-projections-matchups-predictions-playoff-rankings

Big 12 vs. Pac-12
Baylor vs. Cal

If this game happens, I guarantee a Bears victory.
DanaDane
If this game happens, I guarantee a crowd of less than 10,000.
Edmond Bear

I love Cheez-Its

Grumpy
Last time we played in a bowl sponsored by a company that made snacks, it didn't go too well at the end.
BUbearinARK
Would there be regular cheez-its or perhaps the pepper jack flavor. And please not the little 100 cal bags.
RD2WINAGNBEAR86
I think we should hold out for the Baken-Ets Pork Skins Bowl in Little Rock!
"Never underestimate Joe's ability to **** things up!"

-- Barack Obama
BUbearinARK
RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

I think we should hold out for the Baken-Ets Pork Skins Bowl in Little Rock!
I'll second that
Texasjeremy
BearlyBeloved said:

Checking a multitude of sites that make weekly bowl game projections reveals that only one currently has us in the mix. But it doesn't give me a good feeling because it inspires too many punchlines:

Sports Illustrated:

Big 12 vs. Pac-12
Baylor vs. Cal

SBNation has Baylor vs. Houston in the Armed Forces Bowl
ColomboLQ
Texasjeremy said:

BearlyBeloved said:

Sports Illustrated:

Big 12 vs. Pac-12
Baylor vs. Cal

I really hope that we come no where close to playing Houston in any bowl.
Texasjeremy
Grumpy said:

Last time we played in a bowl sponsored by a company that made snacks, it didn't go too well at the end.
But last time we played in that bowl (previously Cactus Bowl), we beat Boise State 2 years ago.
xiledinok
ColomboLQ said:

Texasjeremy said:

BearlyBeloved said:

Sports Illustrated:

Big 12 vs. Pac-12
Baylor vs. Cal

I don't think UH has the character to play in the Armed Forces Bowl. Unlike a member of the UH staff, honor and truth are two big things necessary in the Armed Forces.
4th and Inches
xiledinok said:

ColomboLQ said:

Texasjeremy said:

BearlyBeloved said:

Sports Illustrated:

Big 12 vs. Pac-12
Baylor vs. Cal

I don't think UH has the character to play in the Armed Forces Bowl. Unlike a member of the UH staff, honor and truth are two big things necessary in the Armed Forces.
Let it go, major Applewhite messed around with the trainer years ago.
Dia del DougO
A Cheezy bowl game would be like a Superbowl achievement for this team.

Make it so.
"The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what you share with someone else when you're uncool."
Grumpy
You got me, Jeremy, on a retroactive technicality!
xiledinok
Gruvin said:

xiledinok said:

ColomboLQ said:

Texasjeremy said:

BearlyBeloved said:

Sports Illustrated:

Big 12 vs. Pac-12
Baylor vs. Cal

I wasn't referring to Applewhite. There is a character clause in one of the coaches' contract.
Can we play a team from a school that we can make connections in other parts of the country? Play southern class, not trash?
McCavebear
Someone should invent a new snack food and call it Cheese Tits!
McCavebear Lives!
4th and Inches
xiledinok said:

Gruvin said:

xiledinok said:

ColomboLQ said:

Texasjeremy said:

BearlyBeloved said:

Sports Illustrated:

Big 12 vs. Pac-12
Baylor vs. Cal

I wasn't referring to Applewhite. There is a character clause in one of the coaches' contract.
Can we play a team from a school that we can make connections in other parts of the country? Play southern class, not trash?
Amusing what does and doesnt offend you... you might be surprised who all has a character/morality clause in their contract
“Mix a little foolishness with your serious plans. It is lovely to be silly at the right moment.”

–Horace

“Insomnia sharpens your math skills because you spend all night calculating how much sleep you’ll get if you’re able to ‘fall asleep right now.’ “
Forest Bueller
BearlyBeloved said:

Sports Illustrated:

Big 12 vs. Pac-12
Baylor vs. Cal

Naw, any bowl the Bears can get into, somehow, is a great bowl. Bring on the Cheez-it jokes.
robertr18
I agree. Let's win enough games to make a bowl.
I could care less which one.
trumpetbear

OldSchoolBU
Texasjeremy said:

BearlyBeloved said:

Sports Illustrated:

Big 12 vs. Pac-12
Baylor vs. Cal

Please dear God let this happen. We can stop hearing from all the Briles boot lickers like Rex and the rest of the like minded stooges when Baylor beats them by 3 TDs.
The past is last! Be a champion today!
RD2WINAGNBEAR86
OldSchoolBU said:

Texasjeremy said:

BearlyBeloved said:

Sports Illustrated:

Big 12 vs. Pac-12
Baylor vs. Cal

Please dear God let this happen. We can stop hearing from all the Briles boot lickers like Rex and the rest of the like minded stooges when Baylor beats them by 3 TDs.
The like- minded stooges think this would be EPIC! I think Rhule and Snow would probably rather take "the kids" to Six Flags.
"Never underestimate Joe's ability to **** things up!"

-- Barack Obama
REX
OldSchoolBU said:

Texasjeremy said:

BearlyBeloved said:

Sports Illustrated:

Big 12 vs. Pac-12
Baylor vs. Cal

As big of a letdown that would be for Houston I would love it. UH would surpass the numbers that OU put on Baylor
Timbear
X, do you try to be a jerk just to stir people up?
DAC
OldSchoolBU said:

Texasjeremy said:

BearlyBeloved said:

Sports Illustrated:

Big 12 vs. Pac-12
Baylor vs. Cal

You think Baylor could score 100 points in a game? Cuz UH would hang 70 points
xiledinok
Gruvin said:

xiledinok said:

Gruvin said:

xiledinok said:

ColomboLQ said:

Texasjeremy said:

BearlyBeloved said:

Sports Illustrated:

Big 12 vs. Pac-12
Baylor vs. Cal

Amusing what does and doesnt offend you... you might be surprised who all has a character/morality clause in their contract
I am not offending just point out what others really think outside the bubble. Let UH play Old Dominion or San Diego State.

It's always about putting up offensive numbers, not about winning.

Timbear, no wants to watch UH play. It's why major market commuter was put against baseball in major markets last week.

DAC, you should be worried about your teams and former players. I was amused at the 27.9 QBR put up by an SEC quarterback this past weekend.
DAC
xiledinok said:

Gruvin said:

xiledinok said:

Gruvin said:

xiledinok said:

ColomboLQ said:

Texasjeremy said:

BearlyBeloved said:

Sports Illustrated:

Big 12 vs. Pac-12
Baylor vs. Cal

I am not offending just point out what others really think outside the bubble. Let UH play Old Dominion or San Diego State.

It's always about putting up offensive numbers, not about winning.

Timbear, no wants to watch UH play. It's why major market commuter was put against baseball in major markets last week.

DAC, you should be worried about your teams and former players. I was amused at the 27.9 QBR put up by an SEC quarterback this past weekend.

Well in his defense tom Brady would have struggled behind that line
OldSchoolBU
REX said:

OldSchoolBU said:

Texasjeremy said:

BearlyBeloved said:

Sports Illustrated:

Big 12 vs. Pac-12
Baylor vs. Cal

As big of a letdown that would be for Houston I would love it. UH would surpass the numbers that OU put on Baylor
You are talking about the team that gave up 63 points to Texas Tech right? I guess since Baylor plays Texas Tech let's see how they do and if they can keep Texas Tech under 63. Because Baylor has a better offense than TT.

And perhaps you are on the wrong forum. Here's where you and your stooges need to be posting.

https://www.coogfans.com/c/football
The past is last! Be a champion today!
bunation
BearlyBeloved said:

Sports Illustrated:

Big 12 vs. Pac-12
Baylor vs. Cal

I love cheese. Count me & my clan in...........
SigTauBear
I'm curious who this wise prognosticator of football thinks we're beating to get the sufficient number of wins.
ColomboLQ
OldSchoolBU said:

Texasjeremy said:

BearlyBeloved said:

Sports Illustrated:

Big 12 vs. Pac-12
Baylor vs. Cal

Is this a joke? This would be a HORRIBLE matchup for Baylor. We can't stop giving up big plays to teams that never get big plays and now you want to play a team that goes and gets big plays often and think Baylor is going to win by 3 TDs? Seriously, what drug(s) are you on right now?
ColomboLQ
OldSchoolBU said:

REX said:

OldSchoolBU said:

Texasjeremy said:

BearlyBeloved said:

Sports Illustrated:

Big 12 vs. Pac-12
Baylor vs. Cal

You are talking about the team that gave up 63 points to Texas Tech right? I guess since Baylor plays Texas Tech let's see how they do and if they can keep Texas Tech under 63. Because Baylor has a better offense than TT.

And perhaps you are on the wrong forum. Here's where you and your stooges need to be posting.

https://www.coogfans.com/c/football
Uh, no they don't. That's just stupid. Tech is a good 20 spots better at points per play and yards per play than Baylor is. And that's with them playing without their starting QB for almost the entire season. And their back up got injured in their last game.
Bears2Cane
Edmond Bear said:

I love Cheez-Its

I prefer Whales or even Goldfish, but I would also attend a Cheez-Its Bowl.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.