Football
Sponsored by

We made UT play our kind of game

4,169 Views | 42 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by MilliVanilli
Beartrack
How long do you want to ignore this user?
We do not have the extra second to throw the ball deep effectively. So we made UT play a slobber knocker slowed down game that gave us a chance.
Originally BearTracks 🐻 on BF
Grizz Air
My only question is... how much of this was coaching genius vs. knowing herman from their previous turd conference (which BU will be begging to get into in a few years)?
TDSteele
Let's see.....TX won time of possession and out rushed us 2 to 1. So who forced who to play what?
Surf Oso
Grizz Air said:

My only question is... how much of this was coaching genius vs. knowing herman from their previous turd conference (which BU will be begging to get into in a few years)?
Your argument here is biased and nonsensical. Coaching "genius" IS EXACTLY knowing your opposition, their coaching trends, sets/formations and athletes by playing against them combined with film review and proper preparation. Look at Saban vs Smart: you don't think they know each other's tendencies which was bred from familiarity? Duh!!

Flip the coin over: Since Herman coached against Rhule, has better players on paper, shouldn't UT have blown out Baylor? Didn't happen, did it?

Your constant lashing out is getting tiresome. If you don't want to support, then make yourself happier and go elsewhere.
Lately, newspaper mentioned cheap airfare
I've got to fly to Saint Somewhere
I'm close to bodily harm
Beartrack
We slowed down the game UT offense was throttled, few big plays. We did make them play the kind of game we hVe a chance in. And we were in it till the clock ticket. For example we failed to make OU play our kind of game. We can't win a 50 PT shoot out.
Originally BearTracks 🐻 on BF
applemacg4
I really need to thank Coach Rhule for correcting many misconceptions I held about football for decades. I used to think that "our kind of game" involved looking at the scoreboard and seeing that you had scored more points than the opponent when the lock read 0:00. Now I realize how important time of possession is, how critical it is to bleed the play clock in all aspects of the game, and how important sideline discipline is to the future of a football program. Records are overrated. What an effort yesterday! We won the first and third quarters against Texas - in Austin!

Sic em bears! Big 12! Big 12! Big 12!
Stefano DiMera
You spent waaaay to much time on that bad post.
Bear8084
Stefano DiMera said:

You spent waaaay to much time on that bad post.
Pretty much. He was a terrible bandwagon fan and poster under his old name too.
DocCrowl
You're missing a K for Koolaid, and a c in "clock" . For how much time he spent on it you'd think he would've corrected those, right?
contrario
DocCrowl said:

You're missing a K for Koolaid, and a c in "clock" . For how much time he spent on it you'd think he would've corrected those, right?

lol I was going to say the same thing. What is oolaid?
xiledinok
Grizz Air said:

Begging to get into in a few years? That's not how college football works. Tv has all the teams it needs at this point. They need so many games. Those in Power 5 are in good shape.
Why don't you ask your Houston pals how it turned out when the Big 12 discussed adding teams a few years ago? Both major networks shot that dream down.
Stranger
excuse me, but did we win the damn game?
Limited IQ Redneck in PU
No. We lost to a flat team led by their 2nd team qb.
xiledinok
Limited IQ Redneck in PU said:

We knocked their starter out of the game. I know that hasn't happen at Baylor in decades due to overpaid defensive coaches who drained money and the gene pool with their job performances and actions.
Tiny Elvis
I don't remember how many plays in it was when it happened, but I loved it when Ehlinger kept on the zone read and got gang tackled by at least 6 Bears...wonder if that was the play that he got hurt on?
Dia del DougO
Stranger said:

excuse me, but did we win the damn game?

Good point. I would rather play their game and beat their ass at it.
Bearwhiz
xiledinok said:

We knocked their starter out of the game. I know that hasn't happen at Baylor in decades due to overpaid defensive coaches who drained money and the gene pool with their job performances and actions.
how bad did Stephenville beat you in high school. Let it go
xiledinok
Bearwhiz said:

xiledinok said:

how bad did Stephenville beat you in high school. Let it go
23-0, 7-0, 42-6, and the 9-9 tie our senior year. You busted me.
4th and Inches
xiledinok said:

so what decade did we knock Trevor Knight out of the OU game?...
“Mix a little foolishness with your serious plans. It is lovely to be silly at the right moment.”

–Horace

“Insomnia sharpens your math skills because you spend all night calculating how much sleep you’ll get if you’re able to ‘fall asleep right now.’ “
GrowlTowel
To OP - you mean where we let the other team win the game?
Your ideas are intriguing to me, and I wish to subscribe to your newsletter.
GrowlTowel
xiledinok said:

Didn't one of our rapists knock out an OU quarterback in 2014ish?
MilliVanilli
GrowlTowel said:

xiledinok said:

We weren't aware you were on that team.
GrowlTowel
MilliVanilli said:

GrowlTowel said:

xiledinok said:

You were, right? Evidence be damn, right?
MilliVanilli
GrowlTowel said:

MilliVanilli said:

GrowlTowel said:

xiledinok said:

You're the one obsessed with rape on repeated threads.

Seems to be a manifestation of what's on your mind all the time.

GrowlTowel
MilliVanilli said:

GrowlTowel said:

MilliVanilli said:

GrowlTowel said:

xiledinok said:

No. That was you. I merely point out your absurdity by being absurd. You are a clown.
MilliVanilli
GrowlTowel said:

MilliVanilli said:

GrowlTowel said:

MilliVanilli said:

GrowlTowel said:

xiledinok said:

No. That was you. I merely point out your absurdity by being absurd. You are a clown.
Did the bar kick you out before or after you started posting tonight?

I bet that whiskey breath really impresses the judge every morning.

GrowlTowel
Clown. Sorry for your life.
MilliVanilli
GrowlTowel said:

Clown.
Despite your drunken stupor, you do self-assess yourself correctly.
GrowlTowel
MilliVanilli said:

GrowlTowel said:

Clown.

Still pissed I see. Not everyone can graduate from Baylor. Sorry you didn't.
MilliVanilli
GrowlTowel said:

MilliVanilli said:

GrowlTowel said:

Clown.

Still pissed I see. Not everyone can graduate from Baylor. Sorry you didn't.
I think the only one pissed is you in the Australian sense, be sure to hydrate to mitigate the hangover.
xiledinok
Gruvin said:

xiledinok said:

I was there. We didn't need a late whistle on it this time. Longhorn 10 ref was about 2-3 seconds late.
xiledinok
GrowlTowel said:

xiledinok said:

I don't know what he is other than a guy who wouldn't have been brought on any campus closer than 2,000 miles from Happy Valley.
4th and Inches
xiledinok said:

Gruvin said:

xiledinok said:

I was there. We didn't need a late whistle on it this time. Longhorn 10 ref was about 2-3 seconds late.
thanks for letting me know you moved the goal post...
“Mix a little foolishness with your serious plans. It is lovely to be silly at the right moment.”

–Horace

“Insomnia sharpens your math skills because you spend all night calculating how much sleep you’ll get if you’re able to ‘fall asleep right now.’ “
xiledinok
Gruvin said:

xiledinok said:

Gruvin said:

xiledinok said:

So it wasn't late? I would not go around media the next year like it was a badge of honor. You might get your own quarterback's neck torn off but that's coming from someone who thought the former regime's defense was a football coaching con job with utterly embarrassing salaries paid to staff.
4th and Inches
xiledinok said:

Gruvin said:

xiledinok said:

Gruvin said:

xiledinok said:

So it wasn't late? I would not go around media the next year like it was a badge of honor. You might get your own quarterback's neck torn off but that's coming from someone who thought the former regime's defense was a football coaching con job with utterly embarrassing salaries paid to staff.
Nice revisionist history but that's what we expect from you... your memory is bad, maybe you should watch the game again. I can loan you a copy...

–Horace

Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.