Football
Sponsored by

DKR Experiment Reveals T-shirt fans galore are UT "fans"

3,725 Views | 27 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Wichitabear
MilliVanilli
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Pretty funny.

Grizz Air
Hahahaha too funny. Is she a baylor gal?
Limited IQ Redneck in PU
I have found theres only two ways to go:
Living fast or dying slow.
I dont want to live forever.
But I will live while I'm here.
Limited IQ Redneck in PU
i dont understand the humor. Baylor needs more t shirt fans. Isnt our attendance way down?
I have found theres only two ways to go:
Living fast or dying slow.
I dont want to live forever.
But I will live while I'm here.
bexar country
Nice work
PartyBear
Limited IQ Redneck in PU said:

i dont understand the humor. Baylor needs more t shirt fans. Isnt our attendance way downni?
Yes to both of your questions. If we finish strong here, and I now think we will, we should get alot back by end of the season. We wont have what we had when we were a top 10 program yet, but we will start getting non alum fans back.
BearPa
Really idiotic. Who cares if you didn't attend college at (fill in the blank) to support that team.
BearPa
Thee University
PartyBear said:

i dont understand the humor. Baylor needs more t shirt fans. Isnt our attendance way downni?
Yes to both of your questions. If we finish strong here, and I now think we will, we should get alot back by end of the season. We wont have what we had when we were a top 10 program yet, but we will start getting non alum fans back.
When we were a Top 10 program.

Were you referring to 1951 or 2014?

We've been a Top 10 program so many times I was having a difficult time figuring out that bulletin board statement.
bularry
SEC stadiums are filled with "T-shirt " fans every week

Who cares?
MilliVanilli

i dont understand the humor. Baylor needs more t shirt fans. Isnt our attendance way down?
Humor requires an intellect, so we understand your struggle.
ShooterTX
I've had my experience with UT T-shirt fans. They are the worst.
They pretend to have some deep connection with the program. They are the first to wish death on the opponents, and the ones who cheer when the other team is injured. It's really funny when the refer to UT as "their" school, and even talk about how they have always loved UT... even when they were attending U of H or UNT or Southwest Texas or Texas A&I... it's fun.
My favorite T-shirt Whorns are the ones who came straight out of their double wide to eat free tailgate food and get drunk before the game. They are everywhere!
MrGolfguy
LOL, Brianna is pretty 'ballsy' for doing that.
Redbrickbear
Is this surprising or something?

You think bama, ohio state, or LSU fill 100,000 person stadiums with just alumni.

T-shirt fans are actually a good thing.

At one time Baylor was starting to get some of them in Waco and central Texas.

RegentCoverup

I don't understand why the Navy Seals get pissed off when they see resumes of people claiming to have served who weren't.. But I guess some folks are more offended by stolen valor than others.

A UT shirt just means you went to Wal-Mart.

T shirt fans are one thing. Letting people talk smack as if they earned something is another.

That's why it's funny.
Aliceinbubbleland
Redbrickbear said:

Is this surprising or something?

You think bama, ohio state, or LSU fill 100,000 person stadiums with just alumni.

T-shirt fans are actually a good thing.

At one time Baylor was starting to get some of them in Waco and central Texas.

Exactly. All those empty seats you see probably belonged to Waco folks who could care less about Baylor until Briles put us on the map towards exciting games and winning big games.

Hopefully Rhule can bring them back. And I agree the T-shirt fans are what make games interesting, not alumni sitting on their hands.
RegentCoverup
T shirt fans are the bonus revenue of college sports. They turn the gates and pay the bills.

But college sports are just that.

No one would give a **** if it were warring tribes of Wal Mart shoppers.

And no disrespect to anyone that wants to support Baylor, I'll open the door. Buy the gear and tell me how I can open the door to getting an education, it's. It not about entitlement to me,

But don't throw on a Longhrn shirt and think you've earned the right to talk trash.
Mr Tulip
Supporting a college football team and claiming to have been a Navy Seal ain't in the same ballpark. It ain't even the same frickin' sport!

There are plenty of Texas fans older than me. They can tell you about fielding a punt against Georgia. Personally, I ask them about "Route 66" and the impending "Goalpost Tour".

Fans come and fans go. A large, visible state school like Texas attracts good and bad attention - neither commensurate with what it's actually doing usually.

I don't set the rules. People can claim fandom however they want. I've personally never been a member of the Dallas Stars hockey club, nor lived in Dallas, but I'm still a fan. Fandom's credentials don't come in tangible form. They come in ticket stubs, gear, and suffering. If you took your burnt orange off after Kansas 2016, putting it on again after beating USC is cheap.

All I ask is loyalty to the players who do things the right way.
bear2be2
I have no problem whatsoever with "T-shirt fans" who support their teams through thick and thin and show up in good times and bad. I shared the Floyd Casey end zone seats with many of those folks as a kid growing up and they were great, loyal Baylor fans.

I do have a problem with those who disappear or choose other teams to support during rough patches and are all "we," "us" and "our" during times of prosperity. Those people suck.

To me, you don't have to attend a school to be a great fan. And if your support is conditional, you're more a casual observer than fan, whether you attended the school or not.
Brandwin
I don't understand the point she was even trying to make. I think it would be amazing if Baylor had even half the t-shirt fans UT has. Hell, most of the students don't even attend the games.
Brandwin
xiledinok
T-shirts buy into a bandwagon. Rarely, stick around.
The locals have Chip and Jo these days to rally behind. Good American faces who have positive images and make good headlines on the business pages.
bear2be2
xiledinok said:

The locals have Chip and Jo these days to rally behind. Good American faces who have positive images and make good headlines on the business pages.

This is true and why I don't put much stock in the universal value of "T-shirt fans." Everyone has them when they're winning, but you can't count on many to stick around through a rebuild. Of course this board and our attendance this season is proof that the same is true of our alumni base as well.
xiledinok
bear2be2 said:

xiledinok said:

This is true and why I don't put much stock in the universal value of "T-shirt fans." Everyone has them when they're winning, but you can't count on many to stick around through a rebuild. Of course this board and our attendance this season is proof that the same is true of our alumni base as well.
Goes for most all except for bluebloods.
I believe I was the only person in my section while attending our game in Norman this season who had a family member who actually graduated from Oklahoma. It was OU t shirt show.
Wichitabear
Agree. Nonsense.
Wichitabear
Nothing wrong with that. Both Baylor grads. They can like em and support Baylor at the same time
BUbearinARK
I'm a real fan of tshirts. Esp 100% cotton.
Wichitabear
Lol
PartyBear
I don't think t shirt fans typically stick with a team through thick or thin. Just through thick. They are like swing voters. A lot of Texas t shirt in fans in this area switched to green and gold gear during the Briles era.

On related point in particular I actually met a UT grad who became a Baylor season ticket holder during Briles and still is. He obviously isn't a season ticket holder so he can see Texas in Waco every other year. He explained that he wants to support the program because a strong Baylor program is good for the economy in Waco.
Wichitabear
There ya go.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.