Football
Sponsored by

Tailgate for WV game

2,513 Views | 17 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by T-REX
Bu_man
How long do you want to ignore this user?
just received notice that the blue lot won't open until 5pm. The game is at 7pm. Im trying to find out if any of the other lots will open earlier. I really don't want to go through all the trouble for basically an hour if tailgating by the time I fight traffic and set up and tear down. There's also, another option. I can get a spot that's sponsored by wvu for $340. It includes a 10x10 tent , 5 chairs and a table. Don't have to set anything up; but can't fly any Baylor flags. So I'm going to explore options. We may have to do a tailgate away from the stadium. What are yalls thoughts? Maybe goto bars during the day and go to the tailgate area and just go tailgate with other people I'll know there.
This 5 o'clock bs sucks!
Sic'em Bears 🐻
BluesBear
You can't go wrong hitting a local bar before the game. WVU fans are great, almost as good as NM fans years ago when Baylor played out there. Epic post game fun.
Bu_man
Yeah, I've lived in morgantown for the past 5 years. I put a tailgate on everytime Baylor has played up here.
I'm just wanting some opinions from people that are coming.
Sic'em Bears 🐻
Matt in DC
WTH! not opening until 5pm? Are they nutz? WVU fans wont stand for that and neither will I. I am taking this to social media. If WVU twitter can get the word out to the fans they will hound WVU phone lines until they open up the lot a lot earlier. I will get this trending.

Big12Bear
That really sucks - was looking forward to an all day tailgate. Can always hit High St and uber near the stadium. Any other watering holes of note closer to the stadium?
concordeer

That's because the "Blue" lot is the main parking lot for Ruby Memorial Hospital and since Thursday is a "business" day they keep it open for their operations until closing time at 5pm on all week days. It's a non issue on Saturdays because it is the weekend but it throws a hiccup in things for week night games. We used to have to do the same thing for ESPN Thursday Night games back in the day. I'd advise anyone wanting to tailgate to find an alternate area to tailgate in if you want to have an extended tailgate before the game. It is what it is and the school and hospital isn't going to change it. Traffic will be backed up like nobody's business before the game, much less in the blue lot area as people will be rushing to park/gate in that two hour window. My advice is to get there early on Thursday and try to hit up somewhere that you can walk or shuttle. One option may be to set up a tailgate at the basketball coliseum. You should be able to set up as early as you want on Thursday. There is also access to indoor restrooms and heat. You can grab a shuttle from there to the football stadium round trip for a small fee. Well worth it to avoid the traffic.
Bu_man
The bars in High st don't open until after 5 for some and most not until 8-9pm. Joe mama's will be the place to go after the game. I'm going to explore all options and will try to have plans finalized by Monday!
Sic'em Bears 🐻
REvansBU71
Quote:

. WVU fans are great,.

Bull****
Any Trump

“And if you do-oo.....” - Lt. Hauk
BellCountyBear
WVU fans are great at burning couches and cooking meth.
Bu_man
Coming from bell county ...
Sic'em Bears 🐻
Stefano DiMera
WVU fans were real good when we were #1 in nation in basketball.my speakers almost exploded on my TV from the No Means No chant.
xiledinok
I've been treated well as an opposing fan at the following team venues

-UT
-SMU
-Okie Lite
-K-State

Worst fans in sports:
-Texas Tech

I save a special place for A&M fans, who I watched throw debris from the upper deck on young(under than 12) LSU fans.

Lucchese Bear
TCU gives the Red Raiders a run for that trophy!
Baylor3216
In the OP it says you can't fly a baylor flag? Is that what other schools do?seriusly?
BellCountyBear
Bu_man said:

West Virginia fans burn couches so often, outdoor furniture is now illegal

https://www.sbnation.com/2015/4/9/8378219/west-virginia-couch-burn-outdoor-furniture-ban

New West Virginia health information shows drug overdose deaths have increased to more than 1,000 in a one-year period for the first time.

The Charleston Gazette-Mail reports the West Virginia Health Statistics Center's most recent data also shows 870 deaths involved an opioid. That's about 86 percent of the 1,011 recorded so far for 2017. In 2016, 759 people out of 890 people suffered fatal opioid-related overdoses.

The 2017 numbers are not final.
The West Virginia Department of Health and Human Resources said preliminary 2018 data shows 498 fatal overdoses in the first six months in the state. The most recent numbers are from an Aug. 15 analysis.est Virginia Drug Overdoses Top 1,000 in 2017

By ASSOCIATED PRESS AUG 31, 2018

Mntneerlegion
BellCountyBear said:

Bu_man said:

West Virginia fans burn couches so often, outdoor furniture is now illegal

https://www.sbnation.com/2015/4/9/8378219/west-virginia-couch-burn-outdoor-furniture-ban

New West Virginia health information shows drug overdose deaths have increased to more than 1,000 in a one-year period for the first time.

The Charleston Gazette-Mail reports the West Virginia Health Statistics Center's most recent data also shows 870 deaths involved an opioid. That's about 86 percent of the 1,011 recorded so far for 2017. In 2016, 759 people out of 890 people suffered fatal opioid-related overdoses.

The 2017 numbers are not final.
The West Virginia Department of Health and Human Resources said preliminary 2018 data shows 498 fatal overdoses in the first six months in the state. The most recent numbers are from an Aug. 15 analysis.est Virginia Drug Overdoses Top 1,000 in 2017

By ASSOCIATED PRESS AUG 31, 2018

Every fireman I've met, and I've met quite many, is desperate for a fire call. They can only polish the trucks for so many hours a day.

Singling out WV for a national epidemic (actually global) would be like me blaming Texas for allowing the drugs into the country in the first place.

I'm also reminded of a metaphor about throwing stones. I would think that should be particularly apparent to you.
Wichitabear
What would help with our throwing stones, would be for your fans to quit chanting no means no.
Texasphillie
We did the shuttle the first year Baylor played WVU and it was super easy to get to. Just dont talk forever to every mountaineer fan after the game that wants to chat or you will miss the last shuttle like we did.

We were planning to park closer to the stadium this year but if traffic is going to be that bad we might do the shuttle again. Looking forward to seeing some fellow bears soon!
The poster formally known as GroverbabyBU
T-REX
WE WILL BURN MORGANTOWN DOWN!!!!! #SICEM
DFW Baylor Social Media Promoter
Baylor MBA 2023
THE BAYLOR APOLOGY TOUR IS OVER!!!
Twitter: T_REX1991
Instagram: t_rex_bu
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.