Football
Sponsored by

Matt Rhule Reiterates Bowl Plans

13,624 Views | 128 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by MilliVanilli
Sailor Bear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Don't know if anyone heard/saw this, but when Rhule was asked about today's practice plans, he says he's giving the seniors some time off, "sort of like what we'll do for the bowl game." Maybe it's nothing, but I loved it. Check Grayson's video around the 9:15 mark.
MilliVanilli
5 games left, that should be the goal.

No need to back down, now is time to double down and get it done.

Team believes it is bowl bound so let's do it.
PartyBear
I think we'll do it. This will be like 2010 or perhaps even like 2012.
BellCountyBear
PartyBear said:

Let's hope better than 2010 Bowl-performance wise. God, that was wretched vs. Illinois.
MilliVanilli
BellCountyBear said:

PartyBear said:

Let's hope better than 2010 Bowl-performance wise. God, that was wretched vs. Illinois.
No joke, almost made going to that bowl forgotten it was so bad in real time.
Grumpy
It should still be the goal if we were 4-6 with 2 games left to play (which I hope is not a prophetic remark).
Dman
Next game is tough. I was impressed with what I saw in austin. I think we have 2 wins in the schedule, but I'm controlling my expectations next week. WV has scared me more than UT all year..much less in Morgantown.
GrowlTowel
Won't happen. Needed the Duke game to have a .500 season.
Your ideas are intriguing to me, and I wish to subscribe to your newsletter.
MilliVanilli
GrowlTowel said:

It just grinds your gears beyond belief that narrative can't hold water anymore.
historian
Every game left on our schedule is winnable. Realistically, though, we probably won't win many of the road games. But we have a real shot at the two remaining home games and if we can pick up a win in one of the others then we are looking really good.
MilliVanilli
historian said:

Every game left on our schedule is winnable. Realistically, though, we probably won't win many of the road games. But we have a real shot at the two remaining home games and if we can pick up a win in one of the others then we are looking really good.
6-6 is progress, 7-5 would make people elated, 8-4 would make Rhule coach of the year.
GrowlTowel
MilliVanilli said:

GrowlTowel said:

It just grinds your gears beyond belief that narrative can't hold water anymore.

Nope. I give more to the school than you do.

You lose *****.
GrowlTowel
MilliVanilli said:

historian said:

6-6 is progress, 7-5 would make people elated, 8-4 would make Rhule coach of the year.

6-6 is not progress. It is mediocrity. It means that you were under .500 in your own conference.
Thee University
GrowlTowel said:

MilliVanilli said:

historian said:

6-6 is not progress. It is mediocrity. It means that you were under .500 in your own conference.
Year 1 - 4 & 8
Year 2 - 4 & 8

What do you call that?
GrowlTowel
Losing. What do you call it?

Was it progress not winning against San Jose?
MilliVanilli
GrowlTowel said:

MilliVanilli said:

GrowlTowel said:

You lose *****.
No, you're just a bitter Caber that can't move on, we get it.

There's nowhere to go from here when you hitch your sense of well being to that nonsense.
MilliVanilli
GrowlTowel said:

MilliVanilli said:

historian said:

It's a better record than you have with your caseload as a public defender.

Lord knows you'd call it progress if you could muster .500, maybe a law firm would actually pay attention to you at that point.

ColomboLQ
Thee University said:

GrowlTowel said:

MilliVanilli said:

historian said:

Year 1 - 4 & 8
Year 2 - 4 & 8

What do you call that?
I think you are seriously ill.
GrowlTowel
MilliVanilli said:

GrowlTowel said:

MilliVanilli said:

historian said:

Lord knows you'd call it progress if you could muster .500, maybe a law firm would actually pay attention to you at that point.

Negative *****. Care to continue making an ass of yourself? 18 years in the game. You?

Didn't think so.
GrowlTowel
MilliVanilli said:

GrowlTowel said:

MilliVanilli said:

GrowlTowel said:

You lose *****.

There's nowhere to go from here when you hitch your sense of well being to that nonsense.

Nope. You cannot point to a single "caber" post of mine. You are just like the liberals you claim to hate . . . Caber is their racist claim.

You are a clown.
MilliVanilli
GrowlTowel said:

MilliVanilli said:

GrowlTowel said:

MilliVanilli said:

historian said:

Negative *****. Care to continue making an ass of yourself? 18 years in the game. You?

Didn't think so.
Thus we witness the nightly drunken rants of a self-loathing court-appointed public defender that gets online to rant about a past that never was and despise anyone's hope for the promising future ahead.

Here's a link for you, please consider reaching out to it, your cries for help here aren't doing you any good.

https://www.usa.gov/mental-health-substance-abuse

MilliVanilli
GrowlTowel said:

MilliVanilli said:

GrowlTowel said:

MilliVanilli said:

GrowlTowel said:

You lose *****.

Nope. You cannot point to a single "caber" post of mine. You are just like the liberals you claim to hate . . . Caber is their racist claim.

You are a clown.
I suppose that's technically accurate since that's what all of your posts are.
GrowlTowel
MilliVanilli said:

GrowlTowel said:

MilliVanilli said:

GrowlTowel said:

MilliVanilli said:

historian said:

Didn't think so.
Thus we witness the nightly drunken rants of a self-loathing court-appointed public defender that gets online to rant about a past that never was and despise anyone's hope for the promising future ahead.

Here's a link for you, please consider reaching out to it, your cries for help here aren't doing you any good.

Sorry *****. Never been in a criminal trial. You?
MilliVanilli
GrowlTowel said:

MilliVanilli said:

GrowlTowel said:

MilliVanilli said:

GrowlTowel said:

MilliVanilli said:

historian said:

Didn't think so.

Sorry *****. Never been in a criminal trial. You?
So you admit you're not even serviceable as a public defender.

No wonder you get drunk on here every night, you're but a 20 dollar an hour paper pusher with a lot of debt and no prospects.

Given your obsession with rape on every thread you ought to brush up on criminal law more, it seems a courtroom may be in your future.

GrowlTowel
Two degrees. You care to offer up even one?

Didn't think so.
MilliVanilli
GrowlTowel said:

Two degrees. You care to offer up even one?

Didn't think so.
I love how you rhetorically talk so tough to yourself when you're drunk...which is daily.
Thee University
GrowlTowel said:

I call that Arthur's first 2 years at Baylor.

He posted a 7-6 in Year 3 and finally got to 10-3 in Year 4. It was this year, 2011, that he finally attained a 6-3 conference record.

Year 5 we slipped back down to 8-5/4-5 and thankfully won our final 4 games to get there.

San Jose State was an attention getter that got Baylor back on track so that we could be the ONLY Baylor team in modern history to win ALL of our conference games and the first BU team to win 10 games of 11 in regular season.

That's not only progress but amazing considering the lack of support, lack of facilities and lack of $$$$.
Thee University
ColomboLQ said:

Thee University said:

GrowlTowel said:

MilliVanilli said:

historian said:

Year 1 - 4 & 8
Year 2 - 4 & 8

What do you call that?
Truth hurts you doesn't it?
REX
Thee University said:

GrowlTowel said:

He posted a 7-6 in Year 3 and finally got to 10-3 in Year 4. It was this year, 2011, that he finally attained a 6-3 conference record.

Year 5 we slipped back down to 8-5/4-5 and thankfully won our final 4 games to get there.

San Jose State was an attention getter that got Baylor back on track so that we could be the ONLY Baylor team in modern history to win ALL of our conference games and the first BU team to win 10 games of 11 in regular season.

That's not only progress but amazing considering the lack of support, lack of facilities and lack of $$$$.

And your bowl game?
Don't remember
Thanks for your help
ColomboLQ
Thee University said:

ColomboLQ said:

Thee University said:

GrowlTowel said:

MilliVanilli said:

historian said:

Year 1 - 4 & 8
Year 2 - 4 & 8

What do you call that?
I just don't understand what Briles first 2 years has anything to do with anything in this thread. You bring up the Briles era more than just about anyone else on here without any prompt. I would say let it go, but it just seems like you want to hold on tight to Briles's memory.
Thee University
REX said:

Thee University said:

GrowlTowel said:

And your bowl game?
Don't remember
Thanks for your help
My memory is perfect. We suffered a 2-30 @$$ whipping to Alabama. Forget the 7 turnovers and the fact that the SWC's top ranked offense could only muster 158 total yards. We got embarrassed. I've NEVER claimed anything but embarrassment in that bowl game.

This was an Alabama team that had won the National Championship the previous year and gone 10-1 the year before. This was not a commuter program like UCF or a has been like Michigan State.

Thee University
ColomboLQ said:

Thee University said:

ColomboLQ said:

Thee University said:

GrowlTowel said:

MilliVanilli said:

historian said:

Year 1 - 4 & 8
Year 2 - 4 & 8

What do you call that?
I just don't understand what Briles first 2 years has anything to do with anything in this thread. You bring up the Briles era more than just about anyone else on here without any prompt. I would say let it go, but it just seems like you want to hold on tight to Briles's memory.
Go back and read Growel Towel's post.
Thee University
GrowlTowel said:

MilliVanilli said:

historian said:

Here you go......words from our resident Einstein of college football. I'll take 6-6 and call it progress over last year all day. However, I'm still thinking we can win 7 and maybe even 8.
Thee University
ColomboLQ said:

Thee University said:

ColomboLQ said:

Thee University said:

GrowlTowel said:

MilliVanilli said:

historian said:

Year 1 - 4 & 8
Year 2 - 4 & 8

What do you call that?
I am always prompted.

Trust me..........what he did to our alma mater makes me want to forget him. When some numbskull gnashes his/her teeth over that destroyer of program reputations, I post a truthful rebuttal. I don't appreciate idiots bringing him and his lack of control/discipline up and will always remind you all of what really happened.
ColomboLQ
Thee University said:

GrowlTowel said:

MilliVanilli said:

historian said:

Here you go......words from our resident Einstein of college football. I'll take 6-6 and call it progress over last year all day. However, I'm still thinking we can win 7 and maybe even 8.
Ok, so what does his post have to do with Briles? I'm still not seeing it.
Last Page
Page 1 of 4

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.