Football
Sponsored by

Matt Rhule Reiterates Bowl Plans

13,892 Views | 128 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by MilliVanilli
MilliVanilli
How long do you want to ignore this user?
GrowlTowel said:

zunooreo said:

GrowlTowel said:

MilliVanilli said:

GrowlTowel said:

MilliVanilli said:

GrowlTowel said:

Won't happen. Needed the Duke game to have a .500 season.
It just grinds your gears beyond belief that narrative can't hold water anymore.

Nope. I give more to the school than you do.

You lose *****.
No, you're just a bitter Caber that can't move on, we get it.

There's nowhere to go from here when you hitch your sense of well being to that nonsense.

Nope. You cannot point to a single "caber" post of mine. You are just like the liberals you claim to hate . . . Caber is their racist claim.

You are a clown.
Multiple degree big giver...and plays the "you are a clown" card.
Growel(er)Towl(er) before posting that:

Back to back posts? Nice to live rent free inside your head.
Which one of your personalities thinks you're being stalked?

Thee University
REX said:

Thee University said:

ColomboLQ said:

Gruvin said:

ColomboLQ said:

Thee University said:

ColomboLQ said:

Thee University said:

GrowlTowel said:

MilliVanilli said:

historian said:

Every game left on our schedule is winnable. Realistically, though, we probably won't win many of the road games. But we have a real shot at the two remaining home games and if we can pick up a win in one of the others then we are looking really good.
6-6 is progress, 7-5 would make people elated, 8-4 would make Rhule coach of the year.

6-6 is not progress. It is mediocrity. It means that you were under .500 in your own conference.
Here you go......words from our resident Einstein of college football. I'll take 6-6 and call it progress over last year all day. However, I'm still thinking we can win 7 and maybe even 8.
Ok, so what does his post have to do with Briles? I'm still not seeing it.
If 6-6 is not progress after 1-11 you can't be helped. You've been eaten up with the CABworshiponyourkneesitis to the point of no return.

Let go of that tattered and sewer stained robe and come up for air. They make Italian For Dummies. I'll send you a copy.
What does an opinion of 6-6 being progress or not have ANYTHING to do with CAB? Again, that makes zero sense.
some members cant let go of the past...
You got that right.
Some folks, who are not used to winning, have low self esteem or were bullied or chosen last on the playground cling to "success" no matter the collateral damage.

Some folks would rather our success come through honor, discipline and without controversy.

Remember the past. Remember your mistakes and learn from them. Remember your successes and how you got there and particularly when you got there without excess baggage. Purge the baggage and do it right. With spirit, pride & honor.

Honor? Discipline?
I just like to win the game period!!!
Of course you do. That is why your boy is coaching junior high to high school talent from North Dakota or Alaska in Italy and I don't mean Italy, Texas.
Thee University
ColomboLQ said:

Thee University said:

ColomboLQ said:

Thee University said:

ColomboLQ said:

Gruvin said:

ColomboLQ said:

Thee University said:

ColomboLQ said:

Thee University said:

GrowlTowel said:

MilliVanilli said:

historian said:

OkEvery game left on our schedule is winnable. Realistically, though, we probably won't win many of the road games. But we have a real shot at the two remaining home games and if we can pick up a win in one of the others then we are looking really good.
6-6 is progress, 7-5 would make people elated, 8-4 would make Rhule coach of the year.

6-6 is not progress. It is mediocrity. It means that you were under .500 in your own conference.
Here you go......words from our resident Einstein of college football. I'll take 6-6 and call it progress over last year all day. However, I'm still thinking we can win 7 and maybe even 8.
If 6-6 is not progress after 1-11 you can't be helped. You've been eaten up with the CABworshiponyourkneesitis to the point of no return.

Let go of that tattered and sewer stained robe and come up for air. They make Italian For Dummies. I'll send you a copy.
What does an opinion of 6-6 being progress or not have ANYTHING to do with CAB? Again, that makes zero sense.
You got that right.
Some folks, who are not used to winning, have low self esteem or were bullied or chosen last on the playground cling to "success" no matter the collateral damage.

Some folks would rather our success come through honor, discipline and without controversy.

Remember the past. Remember your mistakes and learn from them. Remember your successes and how you got there and particularly when you got there without excess baggage. Purge the baggage and do it right. With spirit, pride & honor.

You never answered my question.
I answered it enough for you.
So his post had nothing to do with CAB and you brought up CAB once again for no reason. Got it.
You missed the point poindexter.

I simply reminded everyone that 6-6 in Year 2 would be better than what we got in Year 2 with our most recent long term hire. It was a valid comparison and I know I hurt your feelings. For that I am sorry. I know you boys are sensitive even after a few years.
GrowlTowel
MilliVanilli said:

GrowlTowel said:

zunooreo said:

GrowlTowel said:

MilliVanilli said:

GrowlTowel said:

MilliVanilli said:

GrowlTowel said:

It just grinds your gears beyond belief that narrative can't hold water anymore.

You lose *****.

There's nowhere to go from here when you hitch your sense of well being to that nonsense.

Nope. You cannot point to a single "caber" post of mine. You are just like the liberals you claim to hate . . . Caber is their racist claim.

You are a clown.

You forget to log off and back in?
Your ideas are intriguing to me, and I wish to subscribe to your newsletter.
MilliVanilli
GrowlTowel said:

MilliVanilli said:

GrowlTowel said:

zunooreo said:

GrowlTowel said:

MilliVanilli said:

GrowlTowel said:

MilliVanilli said:

GrowlTowel said:

You lose *****.

You are a clown.

It's always interesting when you type out your inner monologue to yourself.

Big12Bear
To the topic at hand, my mid-conference prognostication:

I predict it will go down to the wire, but we will beat both OSU and TCU in Waco. Scrape and claw, very entertaining, galvanizing wins.

Losses @ WV and ISU.

Can't explain it, but I think we beat an improved Tech team that is playing well.

If that comes to fruition, I'll gladly eat crow from my 5-7 prediction from before the season.
GrowlTowel
MilliVanilli said:

GrowlTowel said:

MilliVanilli said:

GrowlTowel said:

zunooreo said:

GrowlTowel said:

MilliVanilli said:

GrowlTowel said:

MilliVanilli said:

GrowlTowel said:

You lose *****.

You are a clown.

Masterbating in the mirror again?
BaylorRocks
GrowlTowel said:

MilliVanilli said:

GrowlTowel said:

MilliVanilli said:

GrowlTowel said:

zunooreo said:

GrowlTowel said:

MilliVanilli said:

GrowlTowel said:

MilliVanilli said:

GrowlTowel said:

You lose *****.

You are a clown.

What a troll. Goodbye <IGNORE>
GrowlTowel
zunooreo said:

GrowlTowel said:

MilliVanilli said:

GrowlTowel said:

MilliVanilli said:

GrowlTowel said:

zunooreo said:

GrowlTowel said:

MilliVanilli said:

GrowlTowel said:

MilliVanilli said:

GrowlTowel said:

You lose *****.

You are a clown.

What a troll. Goodbye <IGNORE>

Again, forget which handle you were using?
Big12Bear
GrowlTowel said:

MilliVanilli said:

GrowlTowel said:

MilliVanilli said:

GrowlTowel said:

zunooreo said:

GrowlTowel said:

MilliVanilli said:

GrowlTowel said:

MilliVanilli said:

GrowlTowel said:

You lose *****.

You are a clown.

Ever since you threw in your "growl towel" after the Duke game, you've really gone off the reservation. Very very strange.
GrowlTowel
Big12Bear said:

GrowlTowel said:

MilliVanilli said:

GrowlTowel said:

MilliVanilli said:

GrowlTowel said:

zunooreo said:

GrowlTowel said:

MilliVanilli said:

GrowlTowel said:

MilliVanilli said:

GrowlTowel said:

You lose *****.

You are a clown.

Ever since you threw in your "growl towel" after the Duke game, you've really gone off the reservation. Very very strange.

No. I just have issues with Blame it on the Rain. He and his various identities had a lot to do with BU being a joke for 15 years.
Big12Bear
GrowlTowel said:

Big12Bear said:

No. I just have issues with Blame it on the Rain. He and his various identities had a lot to do with BU being a joke for 15 years.
I'll give you some benefit of doubt. To my recollection, you were a fairly reasonable longtime poster on Baylorfans.
MilliVanilli
GrowlTowel said:

MilliVanilli said:

You'd think someone that claims to have two degrees would know how to spell their favorite activity.
MilliVanilli
GrowlTowel said:

Wow, you really think a screen name on a message board wields wild untold power.

ColomboLQ
Thee University said:

ColomboLQ said:

Thee University said:

ColomboLQ said:

Thee University said:

ColomboLQ said:

Gruvin said:

ColomboLQ said:

Thee University said:

ColomboLQ said:

Thee University said:

GrowlTowel said:

MilliVanilli said:

historian said:

OkEvery game left on our schedule is winnable. Realistically, though, we probably won't win many of the road games. But we have a real shot at the two remaining home games and if we can pick up a win in one of the others then we are looking really good.

You got that right.

So his post had nothing to do with CAB and you brought up CAB once again for no reason. Got it.

I simply reminded everyone that 6-6 in Year 2 would be better than what we got in Year 2 with our most recent long term hire. It was a valid comparison and I know I hurt your feelings. For that I am sorry. I know you boys are sensitive even after a few years.
Which still has NOTHING to do with whether someone feels like 6-6 this season is progress or not under Rhule. CAB literally has nothing to do with Rhule's second season. So, once again, his post has nothing to do with CAB and you brought up CAB once again for no reason. I got the point alright.
GrowlTowel
Big12Bear said:

GrowlTowel said:

Big12Bear said:

I'll give you some benefit of doubt. To my recollection, you were a fairly reasonable longtime poster on Baylorfans.

I was. Started posting there under the same name in 1999. Girl you know it's True, no so much.
MilliVanilli
GrowlTowel said:

Big12Bear said:

GrowlTowel said:

Big12Bear said:

I was. Started posting there under the same name in 1999. Girl you know it's True, no so much.
Do you even speak English as a first language or do you only post when three sheets to the wind?
SFLBear
I hope we do go bowling - it would be a great accomplishment. However, I expected 4 wins and thought it would be nice to see 6 at best. Watching how we played Texas and seeing how poor some of the teams are playing that are left on our schedule, I see a glimmer of hope we could get to 6+.

I also think all this banter between some of you guys minimizes the accomplishments of both coaches. CAB was and is a good football coach and built Baylor from absolutely nothing. CMR is doing a good job given the state of the program and everything surrounding it. However, to compare them is apples and oranges as the program was in a different state. Our program when CAB took over was coming off a 15 year bowl win drought and playing in a 47 year old stadium. You could make a strong argument that Baylor football was on life support if not already dead. To generate the type of turn around that was done in a relatively short time period needs recognition. (Just try to stay positive and keep it at face value - you'll live longer).

At the same time, CMR has taken a program that was brought to its knees then was further beat down by 1. our very own BOR and 2. national narrative didn't help either. In spite of what position you take on the scandal (which doesn't really matter anyway), CMR has done a good job of "saving" a program that CAB brought to life. They both are part of our Baylor story (both good and bad).

CMR is our coach now. We have a good team that is being brought back to the standard we grew to enjoy. I still am a fan of CAB and wish things were different. But I wish some of you guys wouldn't waste your time arguing on what was, is or could have been etc. Lets talk football, support the coach and team we have today. That's all we can control.

With respect

#Sic'em!
LTbear
Some of y'all are grown men cat-fighting online like a bunch of high schools girls. Jesus kids, grow up.
Dman
LTbear said:

Some of y'all are grown men cat-fighting online like a bunch of high schools girls. Jesus kids, grow up.

Yep. Watch thread after thread. Highjack after highjack. There's a common "high school girl" involved.
Dman
SFLBear said:

I hope we do go bowling - it would be a great accomplishment. However, I expected 4 wins and thought it would be nice to see 6 at best. Watching how we played Texas and seeing how poor some of the teams are playing that are left on our schedule, I see a glimmer of hope we could get to 6+.

I also think all this banter between some of you guys minimizes the accomplishments of both coaches. CAB was and is a good football coach and built Baylor from absolutely nothing. CMR is doing a good job given the state of the program and everything surrounding it. However, to compare them is apples and oranges as the program was in a different state. Our program when CAB took over was coming off a 15 year bowl win drought and playing in a 47 year old stadium. You could make a strong argument that Baylor football was on life support if not already dead. To generate the type of turn around that was done in a relatively short time period needs recognition. (Just try to stay positive and keep it at face value - you'll live longer).

At the same time, CMR has taken a program that was brought to its knees then was further beat down by 1. our very own BOR and 2. national narrative didn't help either. In spite of what position you take on the scandal (which doesn't really matter anyway), CMR has done a good job of "saving" a program that CAB brought to life. They both are part of our Baylor story (both good and bad).

CMR is our coach now. We have a good team that is being brought back to the standard we grew to enjoy. I still am a fan of CAB and wish things were different. But I wish some of you guys wouldn't waste your time arguing on what was, is or could have been etc. Lets talk football, support the coach and team we have today. That's all we can control.

With respect

#Sic'em!

Good post.
bear2be2
Dman said:

LTbear said:

Yep. Watch thread after thread. Highjack after highjack. There's a common "high school girl" involved.
It's both sides unfortunately. If the repeat offenders would take the trolly/personal **** to PMs, this would be a much more pleasant place to discuss football.
bear2be2
SFLBear said:

With respect

#Sic'em!
As to the topic of this thread, SFLBear just nailed it.

Not much more needs to be said.
Baylorhtownfan
FOH.. Baylor is coming off of one of the largest scandals in recent memory.

That is definitely progress
PartyBear
Honestly the USC, Miami and UNC scandals were bigger and all occurred since the late 00s.
AustinCory
MilliVanilli said:

historian said:

Every game left on our schedule is winnable. Realistically, though, we probably won't win many of the road games. But we have a real shot at the two remaining home games and if we can pick up a win in one of the others then we are looking really good.
5-7 is progress. Heck, 4-8 is progress from a 1 win season.
Timbear
So, Thee believes what the BOR wants him to about everything being Briles fault, in spite of sworn testimony by multiple individuals to the contrary.
Russell Gym
True, but hard to trump the big one. Player murders teammate, coach covers tracks with dead player-is-drug dealer line. We own big scandals.
Thee University
ColomboLQ said:

Thee University said:

ColomboLQ said:

Thee University said:

ColomboLQ said:

Thee University said:

ColomboLQ said:

Gruvin said:

ColomboLQ said:

Thee University said:

ColomboLQ said:

Thee University said:

GrowlTowel said:

MilliVanilli said:

historian said:

You got that right.

Which still has NOTHING to do with whether someone feels like 6-6 this season is progress or not under Rhule. CAB literally has nothing to do with Rhule's second season. So, once again, his post has nothing to do with CAB and you brought up CAB once again for no reason. I got the point alright.
I worry about you. Progress. We are making it. Accept it or put in your reservations for a spot on the ledge of the Alico Building Dive Team.

It is getting better.
Thee University
Timbear said:

So, Thee believes what the BOR wants him to about everything being Briles fault, in spite of sworn testimony by multiple individuals to the contrary.
Not so fast there my Bubble Boy.

I've seen what discipline and enforcing it can do for kids needing direction. Coaches need to have their fingers on the pulse of the team on and off the field. The stakes are too high to not do so.

Baylor was expendable in our former coach's career pathing mind. He used us and the BOR should have fired him even earlier. They sat around and let him fire himself but not after dragging BU down into the sewer.
JCGDOUBLEBEAR
Please tell me you are not an attorney...
xiledinok
Art was dense after taking that money. Junior Samples would have at least shut up and left quietly.
Ted Kaczynski might be jealous watching Art blow up people, places and thing though Ted didn't seem in favor of doing in himself. Just crazy Art could crap his future.
Timbear
When a man believes he's innocent of what he's been accused of, he often fights back, X.
xiledinok
Timbear said:

When a man believes he's innocent of what he's been accused of, he often fights back, X.
He jumped on that money rather quickly. Did he forget to act innocent?
Did not he give an interview telling a national audience he screwed up?
Ted Kaczynski and Art both couldn't stay quiet. Ted wanted to send out a manifesto while Art just wanted to go to Rice.
Ted didn't need the Aggie to pop off for him.
Dman
Thee University said:

Timbear said:

Not so fast there my Bubble Boy.

I've seen what discipline and enforcing it can do for kids needing direction. Coaches need to have their fingers on the pulse of the team on and off the field. The stakes are too high to not do so.

Baylor was expendable in our former coach's career pathing mind. He used us and the BOR should have fired him even earlier. They sat around and let him fire himself but not after dragging BU down into the sewer.

So much delusion in this post.

Let's just stick to facts:
-You hated Briles. Get over it. He wasn't perfect, but he wasn't the man you're painting him out to be. He was no different than 95% of other P5 coaches. They are all highered guns. You think Rhule is a "lifer"...that's delusional. He will either be fired or leave Baylor for the NFL. I support him and hope it's the latter. That's life.

-You played football. Yawn. That was 40 years ago? So did thousands of other kids over the last 40 years since. That doesn't make you special. That gives you no special insight into today's game. Just like Briles teams...the VAST majority on your team were good kids, but some had problems. Saying otherwise is looking back with rose colored glasses. They just didn't have social media and BoR determined to cover their ass at all cost.

While I support the hell out of Rhule... I can't stand those that have to tear down and re-write history regarding Briles. I personally know families of players that played under him at Baylor. They'd all go to war to defend his reputation and what he did for kids in need in his program. Your act is old

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.