Football
Sponsored by

I predict that UT will lose to...

3,259 Views | 16 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by DanaDane
ShooterTX
How long do you want to ignore this user?
West Virginia.
I know, i know... everyone is going to say that I'm crazy, but I just don't think UT is good enough to beat them. If not WVU, then who do you think will beat them this season?
On the road at Tech? - I could see that too.
MrGolfguy
WVU - probably a good call. At Tech is not a gimme either, could give them trouble.
4th and Inches
WVU or ISU could take them down...
“Mix a little foolishness with your serious plans. It is lovely to be silly at the right moment.”

–Horace

“Insomnia sharpens your math skills because you spend all night calculating how much sleep you’ll get if you’re able to ‘fall asleep right now.’ “
Mr Tulip
The Big 12 is full of wildly erratic teams this season. Certainly, no one is thoroughly convince that Texas is a world-beater. Now, they play a style of defense that's designed to give the Big 12 fits, so they always have a chance.

Their next game is at night on the road against oSu. This is always a recipe for goofiness. The Cowboys might get a QB back that they want, or don't want, depending on who you ask. Texas may or may not have their own starting QB ready to go. Texas, to be sure, has a more consistent defense, but this is certainly a game that could break either way.

Who is the real WVa? They have offensive weapons, true, but like the real Mountaineer guns, they're too fiddly to fire sometimes this season. Texas plays them in Austin, but who really knows?

Any time you go on the road to play Texas Tech, anything can happen. This is set up a lot like the Baylor game, but in Lubbock where the home team QB is familiar with the field and backdrop. Perhaps the passes into the end zone land this time?

Texas' own coaches are obviously feeling their way through this season - unaccustomed to the rarified air. Their physical style and imposing weapons have staked them to leads in the last two games, but an over-reliance on their defense and their fear of losing has put them into a position of squandering leads late and watch as the opposition tries to win on the last drive.

Texas has passed some historically tough tests thus far, but not always comfortably. Is Texas overperforming and lucky to be 6-1? Are they underperforming and poised to dominate? We'll find out after the bye week!
EvilTroyAndAbed
I think Tech will beat them.
vanillabryce
I don't love WV's run game, and not really sure about their D.

But I will be rooting for them
Aliceinbubbleland
I agree Tech will be the toughest test and I'd be surprised if UT comes out of Lubbock with a win.

I thought West Virginia would win the conference but the way they faded in the 4th Qtr against Tech and their recent loss gives me lots of doubts.

Wichitabear
Ditto
BearTooth
OU in the championship game
HarryJohnson
Several sexually transmitted diseases. Kick their butts every time.
DanaDane
Texas won't sniff the championship game. They will lose to WVU, Tech and either Iowa St or Ok State.
Dia del DougO
Texas will beat West Virginia. Then they will lose to Tech, or maybe Iowa State.
Wichitabear
Yep that is kinda how it goes in the Big 12
Big12Bear
Texas could lose any of their next 4 games. They're only a three point favorite in Stillwater this weekend as the #6 team against a down OSU club.. Their offense showed up against a pitiful OU defense, but their overall style is conducive to playing close games more often than not.
Bears2Cane
Texas could lose any game that it currently has left on the slate. Don't forget that's Kansas caught them sleeping in not such a distant time.

My guess is either WVU or Tech.
Grumpy
But, but ... I thought they were #6 in the nation and won't play anyone higher ranked until the playoffs! How would they ever lose?!?!
ShooterTX
Lots of good guesses... but i don't think any of us saw them losing to OkieState!

Now they look vulnerable to Tech, WVU, and ISU!

Daddy like!
DanaDane
ShooterTX said:

Lots of good guesses... but i don't think any of us saw them losing to OkieState!

Now they look vulnerable to Tech, WVU, and ISU!

Daddy like!

Go back and read my
prediction again
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.