Football
Sponsored by

What is first step to winning big games?

2,083 Views | 11 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Buddha Bear
Beartrack
How long do you want to ignore this user?
We go from getting whalloped like OU to being competitive, then we begin to win some. I do not see losing as winning, but am not so stupid I cannot see progress and teams playing at a different level. Or would you prefer to be beat by 50?I want to win, and I see much more hope for winning when we lose by 7 than by 50.

Competing is not the goal but is a prerequisite to the goal.
Originally BearTracks 🐻 on BF
Grizz Air
First step on what we have going on now is improving O line play/talent. Then D line. Then linebackers. If we can do all three I think we could be really good. Also limiting drops of catchable valls on offense and maintaining responsibilities on D.
2022 Adopt-a-Bear: Mark Milton #3 CB
BAMA Baptist
It seems to me that you have to do what Briles did which crawl, sit up, stagger for a bit, start walking and then running. I think Baylor is at the walking stage and getting better each year. I will be really disappointed if Baylor is not in a good bowl somewhere.

ps I think Auburn is ready to lynch Stidham. Are you guys interested, LOL?
I do not believe in atheists ..... therefore they do not exist.
cowboycwr
Scoring more points than the other team.
BUGWBBear
Scoring on 3 plays with every possession and stopping them from doing the same. We used to do one of those....
dallas4bears
Grizz Air said:

First step on what we have going on now is improving O line play/talent. Then D line. Then linebackers. If we can do all three I think we could be really good. Also limiting drops of catchable valls on offense and maintaining responsibilities on D.

Excellent analysis. O Line must get better. D line must get bigger. Win the games you can because there's going to be games like OU where we don't have that good of a chance. So when you're close (like Texas game) you have to grab it. We're getting there, I think.
Sailor Bear
I don't think much has changed in this area since football was created...

1. Don't beat yourself with penalties and turnovers.
2. Control the LOS.
BearPa
A dominant Offensive Line.
BearPa
903Bear
3rd down conversions have to be more efficient, reduce penalties, be plus in turnovers, score TDS in the red zone instead of kicking FGs and win on special teams
4th and Inches
Bearish said:

I don't think much has changed in this area since football was created...

1. Don't beat yourself with penalties and turnovers.
2. Control the LOS.
this...

I will expand:
a good pass rush is a must
Mind your gaps and trust your teammates
Big guy
........ When we concentrate more on SCORING than winning T O P.
bear2be2
903Bear said:

3rd down conversions have to be more efficient, reduce penalties, be plus in turnovers, score TDS in the red zone instead of kicking FGs and win on special teams
We're currently seventh in the nation and first in the Big 12 in third-down conversion percentage at 50.52 percent. It's hard to get much better than that.

I'd agree with your other points, though.
Buddha Bear
Grizz Air said:

The Art Briles year 1 thru 3 method.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.