Football
Sponsored by

tOSU down 14-3 at the half to Purdue

2,652 Views | 37 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by boognish_bear
boognish_bear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Can Brohm land this statement win?

boognish_bear
Pur 21
OSU 6
Q3 9:00
Dia del DougO
They need to just skip the playoff and just give the trophy to Bama and let people enjoy the bowl games. All of college football is imploding. Resistance is futile.
boognish_bear
This year certainly seems that way

Clemson has looked a little lackluster this year... But they looked really good today
bear2be2
boognish_bear said:

This year certainly seems that way

Clemson has looked a little lackluster this year... But they looked really good today
Clemson's played pretty well since that scare against Syracuse. With a healthy Trevor Lawrence, that's a really good football team.
bear2be2
Ohio state is killing itself with drive-extending penalties. Can't say I'm terribly heartbroken to see it.

Go Purdue!!!
boognish_bear
Purdue 28
OSU 6
Q4 11:00

Sorry Urban
vanillabryce
We are all Boilermakers tonight.

I have a strong dislike for Urban Meyer.
BearConvert
I am absolutely LOVING this game!

whitetrash
Purdue going all 2012 BU-KSt on the *uckeyes. The last TD was a carbon copy of Seastrunk's backbreaking run up the middle.
RD2WINAGNBEAR86
boognish_bear said:

Purdue 28
OSU 6

Sorry Urban
Ohio State will be fine. Wisconsin will bend over and spread their cheeks in the Big 10 Championship Game. We have seen this movie before.
"Never underestimate Joe's ability to **** things up!"

-- Barack Obama
ColomboLQ
boognish_bear said:

Purdue 28
OSU 6

Sorry Urban
I thought I was watching a Phil Snow defense on that last OSU defensive play. Purdue has a 3rd and 9 and runs the ball right up the middle for an untouched 42 yard TD run. Looked really familiar.
boognish_bear
I think Urban forgot to take his pills today
boognish_bear
5 weeks ago Purdue loses to Eastern Michigan from the MAC...today they are going to beat the #2 team
vanillabryce
Shocking that Ohio State wasn't able to run the ball.
vanillabryce
35-13

Purdue pounding the ball down their throat
Dealpfffdeal
Herbieeee gonna cry
whitetrash
Kid from Columbus OH finishes game w Pick6 for Purdue.
cowboycwr
Herbie looked so sad when they were talking about the Purdue fan. He looked a combination of mad and sad and ready to cry.

And I love every minute of it.

Herbie will still spend the last part of the season campaigning why this is a good loss and they deserve a playoff spot.
BylrFan
Kudos to ohio state for throwing away the game for that kid
PartyBear
This should knock them out of playoff pic
whitetrash
Purdue's 29 point win is now the 3rd highest margin of victory by an Unranked team over a Top 2 opponent. Knocks BU's 28 pt win over KSt to 4th.
MrGolfguy
Always good to see a big corrupt program like the buttguys lose.
RD2WINAGNBEAR86
PartyBear said:

No way. Wisconsin is accumulating plenty of Vaseline for he Big !0 Championship Game. They are good little foot soldiers. We have seen this movie before.

-- Barack Obama
bear2be2
RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

Purdue fans storm the field and celebrate after taking down #2 in the country. I am happy for them. All the while, we continue our circle jerk celebration over our close loss to the University of Texas. The Football Gods have spoken.
To what circle jerk celebration are you referring? I have seen almost no one celebrate our loss to Texas. That you've mistaken an appreciation for improved play and a resulting cautious optimism for celebration isn't particularly surprising. Nuance has never been your strong suit.

But keep pounding that rock. History will not be kind to your ilk, so enjoy our struggles while you still can.
RD2WINAGNBEAR86
bear2be2 said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

Purdue fans storm the field and celebrate after taking down #2 in the country. I am happy for them. All the while, we continue our circle jerk celebration over our close loss to the University of Texas. The Football Gods have spoken.
To what circle jerk celebration are you referring? I have seen almost no one celebrate our loss to Texas. That you've mistaken an appreciation for improved play and a resulting cautious optimism for celebration isn't particularly surprising. Nuance has never been your strong suit.

But keep pounding that rock. History will not be kind to your ilk, so enjoy our struggles while you still can.
Enjoy our struggles? You have completely missed the point. Baylor Football is no longer about winning football games or being in the national spotlight. As a matter of fact, your leadership would much rather avoid the spotlight. If we win football games, GREAT! If we lose, it does not matter. It is all about the kids!!!! So who exactly is my ilk? Just curious. You should relax a little. You are strung tighter than a piano wire.

-- Barack Obama
ColomboLQ
PartyBear said:

No chance. They got the **** beat out of them by Iowa several years ago and still made the playoff. If OSU goes on to win the Big 10 with only 1 loss, I'd bet almost anything they make the playoff. Provided it doesn't come down to them versus a 1 loss Alabama.
GoldenBear007
I love it when these types of threads don't end up jinxing the outcome
Smashmouth
Purdue lost to Eastern Michigan at home. This has to destroy Ohio State's playoff chance... but it won't
bear2be2
Smashmouth said:

Purdue lost to Eastern Michigan at home. This has to destroy Ohio State's playoff chance... but it won't
I hate Ohio State, but no one game destroys anyone's playoff chances. It all depends on what happens with everyone else.

The Pac-12 is a mess this year, so they won't get a team in all likelihood, and the Big 12 will only get a team if Texas, OU or WVU run the table the rest of the way. That mean's a one-loss Big Ten champion will almost certainly get in, whether that's Ohio State or Michigan. Hopefully the Buckeyes will lose another game and make it a moot point. But as few undefeated and one-loss teams as there will be at the end of this season, any Power 5 team in that group will have a chance.

adambear
ColomboLQ said:

PartyBear said:

No chance. They got the **** beat out of them by Iowa several years ago and still made the playoff. If OSU goes on to win the Big 10 with only 1 loss, I'd bet almost anything they make the playoff. Provided it doesn't come down to them versus a 1 loss Alabama.
That Iowa loss was last year, and it was their second loss, and no they did not make the playoff. Nonetheless I agree they're not out of it. But I think they're losing to Michigan.
Booray
If you have 2-Loss conference champs in the Big 10, Big 12 and PAC-12 does an undefeated UCF get in?
ColomboLQ
adambear said:

ColomboLQ said:

PartyBear said:

That Iowa loss was last year, and it was their second loss, and no they did not make the playoff. Nonetheless I agree they're not out of it. But I think they're losing to Michigan.
You're right. What screwed them is their OOC loss to OU. And I agree, from what I saw from them against Purdue, they are not going the rest without another loss.
Squatch Hunter
IMHO, Big 10, Pac 12, Big 12 are all fighting for the last spot. Bama, Clemson, ND are in, barring an apocalyptic meltdown. At least SEC will not likely have 2 teams this year.
boognish_bear
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.