Football
Sponsored by

WV Favored by 14.5

2,796 Views | 22 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by 4th and Inches
Big12Bear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I had us covering in Austin. WV has played 3 subpar games in a row, while the Bears have been improving.

What say you Bear fans?
RebelT John Cougar
It'll be a hard fought loss in typical heart wrenching manner, but covering the spread
bunation
Hate to be the team wvu plays this Thursday. Grier needs to make a statement to the Heisman voters after last week's embarrassment.

So does the entire team and coaching staff..............

Oops.

(And, the officiating can be worse in Morgantown than in either Austin or Norman, as we all know.)
boognish_bear
Thursday night in Morgantown is too steep a hill to climb I'm afraid. I think 2 TDs is a pretty accurate spread.

I'm hoping we keep interesting into the 4th quarter.

I'm feeling much more hopeful about our last 4 games though.
RebelT John Cougar
Can someone explain the thinking behind Thursday night disadvantage? I feel like coming from a Saturday game immediately to Thursday would definitely be detrimental but not sure how it affects us negatively after having a quasi-bye week. Is it just players being thrown off routine that you're worried about?
hodedofome
What I'm hoping for is a game for 4 quarters. Not a 4th quarter comeback after the game has been put away.
Grumpy
Night games = home field advantage
Thursday night games = significant home field adv.
Thurs. PM game at WV = nearly impossible for visitors
drahthaar
I'm not sure this these guys give a rip where they are playing...pretty tough minded group. If fairly healthy and if the officiating isn't more egregious than in Austin, this one may be a barroom brawl. I don't see 14.5 points here though I understand the potential.
RebelT John Cougar
Why does thursday vs saturday increase home field advantage? No fans will make the trip either way so it wouldn't necessarily affect fan base (unless you're talking thursday night vs saturday at UT, TCU, etc). If anything I think more eyes will be on the game than normal since there won't be competing games.
I guess I think the result would be the same whether thursday or saturday! The weird schedule might bring good energy to the team.
BaylorBJM
I wonder if CT is going to predict another 63 point loss.

What a loser.
CorsicanaBear
Night game in Morgantown may not equal night game in Baton Rouge for level of fully alcohol enhanced fan base, but it's close.
Illigitimus non carborundum
hodedofome
At least the game is October and not November. It'll be cold but not stupid cold.
BUmoneymaker
Do the mountaineers have a chant like lsu's STTDB neck monstrocity? If not then I say no thursday night home field advantage.

Yet BU does not play well in Morgantown. Therefore I think this may be the one week we dont cover. Officiating will nearly break our team this week. Just a prediction

"I hope" -Red

"Apply yourself" -W.White

"Guys, who is Keyser Soze?" - K. Soze

"Tea. Earl Grey. Hot." -J.L. Picard
Robert Wilson
BUmoneymaker said:

Do the mountaineers have a chant like lsu's STTDB neck monstrocity? If not then I say no thursday night home field advantage.

Yet BU does not play well in Morgantown. Therefore I think this may be the one week we dont cover. Officiating will nearly break our team this week. Just a prediction

The one week we don't cover? You mean again?
4th and Inches
BUmoneymaker said:

This is coach Rhule's first trip to Morgantown, we have no idea what's going to happen.

14 points is probably appropriate but I will be disappointed with a 14 point loss after seeing West Virginia's last couple of games and our last couple of games.
“Mix a little foolishness with your serious plans. It is lovely to be silly at the right moment.”

–Horace

“Insomnia sharpens your math skills because you spend all night calculating how much sleep you’ll get if you’re able to ‘fall asleep right now.’ “
Sailor Bear
Dillydilly1845 said:

Can someone explain the thinking behind Thursday night disadvantage? I feel like coming from a Saturday game immediately to Thursday would definitely be detrimental but not sure how it affects us negatively after having a quasi-bye week. Is it just players being thrown off routine that you're worried about?

Not a church night?
Forest Bueller
Grumpy said:

Night games = home field advantage
Thursday night games = significant home field adv.
Thurs. PM game at WV = nearly impossible for visitors
Yep.
BylrFan
we can probably cover but we won't win.
RebelT John Cougar
william
just copy ISU's defensive schemes, plots, deceptions, devises, ruses and artifices,

- BUmma

they'll likely be a bit rowdy.

Fetterman2024
Stranger
Gruvin said:

BUmoneymaker said:

This is coach Rhule's first trip to Morgantown, we have no idea what's going to happen.

14 points is probably appropriate but I will be disappointed with a 14 point loss after seeing West Virginia's last couple of games and our last couple of games.

Did Baylor win the last couple of games or did I miss something?
I'm a Bearbacker
outside observer
You know it's entirely possible that WV is not who we thought they were. Maybe that loss at ISU wasn't a fluke, and Will Grier is not as good as advertised.

And a team that was 1/11 last year but took a 7th ranked TX team to the last play is much improved from last year. And maybe Charlie Brewer is the real deal.

If you forced to me make a pick I'd have to say WV but I'm giving Baylor a real chance. 72 hours to go
RebelT John Cougar
outside observer said:

You know it's entirely possible that WV is not who we thought they were. Maybe that loss at ISU wasn't a fluke, and Will Grier is not as good as advertised.

And a team that was 1/11 last year but took a 7th ranked TX team to the last play is much improved from last year. And maybe Charlie Brewer is the real deal.

If you forced to me make a pick I'd have to say WV but I'm giving Baylor a real chance. 72 hours to go

Love it, I'm having withdrawals from not seeing a Saturday game
4th and Inches
Stranger said:

Gruvin said:

BUmoneymaker said:

Did Baylor win the last couple of games or did I miss something?
Baylor and WVU are both .500 in the last couple of games...

WVU allowed KU to score 22(KU picked off WVU 3 or 4 times). We only allowed 7 points and no turn overs during KU game. WVU got blown out by ISU.

We beat KSU even with allowing Barnes to go crazy in the run game and it came down to the last couple of plays against UT(straight up 2nd qtr home cooking)

So... you probably missed something.
“Mix a little foolishness with your serious plans. It is lovely to be silly at the right moment.”

–Horace

“Insomnia sharpens your math skills because you spend all night calculating how much sleep you’ll get if you’re able to ‘fall asleep right now.’ “
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.