Football
Sponsored by

Kansas to hire Les Miles

17,522 Views | 144 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by boognish_bear
TexasScientist
How long do you want to ignore this user?
ShooterTX said:

TexasScientist said:

Bear8084 said:

TexasScientist said:

Thee University said:

PartyBear said:

Thee University said:

Almost forgot.......eat up with either the dumb@$$ or the bust your kneecaps for Briles delusional funk.

Yet you are the one who keeps talking about the former HC here when the topic is Miles. Perhaps the rhyming name has created confusion.

As to you wanting Miles to Baylor I didn't remember that. I'm absolutely sure he would have come here if Rhoades thought that was a good move for the program. I personally agreed with Rhoades on that. So have several ADs over the past couple of years including at G5s until now Long at KU. He is the guy who thought big name Bielima would be great at Ark. I was actually giving you credit for understanding that just because Miles did great succeeding Saban at Blue blood LSU doesn't translate to duplicating that at Baylor or anywhere else. But I mis judged you apparently.
I'm sure Miles cringes every time someone confuses him with Briles. There is no confusion among true football fans on who has the better reputation.

LSU dipped under Miles in Year 4 and 5 to 8-5 and 9-4 but then he put together 4 consecutive years of 10+ wins with his players.

Saban or Satan himself would struggle at Baylor to win 10 or 11 games. I think Patterson won 13 one year, 12 wins twice, 11 wins times and 10 wins twice.
If Baylor had hired Les Miles, we would not have lost the players we did in 16, and recruiting would not have fallen off. He had already demonstrated what he could do coming in behind Saban, He would have kept the program up and going here. Lost opportunity, and now look where we are.

Doubtful. That is not even close to being the same situation. Those players were already gone by the end of 16. And recruiting at LSU is waaaaaay different than recruiting at Baylor trying to rebuild after a major scandal.
They should have had Miles lined up before they announced Briles was fired. That would have held most of the recruits and players.
Just to clarify for you:

Les Miles was fired from LSU 4 weeks into the 2016 season. Briles was fired about 4 months earlier. It wouldn't have been possible to "line up" Miles in May of 2016. There were no coaches of quality available in May of 2016, which is why we had to go find a coach 2 years into his retirement.
There was plenty of talk about Miles being on the ropes at LSU before LSU fired him.
ShooterTX
TexasScientist said:

ShooterTX said:

TexasScientist said:

Bear8084 said:

TexasScientist said:

Thee University said:

PartyBear said:

Thee University said:

Almost forgot.......eat up with either the dumb@$$ or the bust your kneecaps for Briles delusional funk.

Yet you are the one who keeps talking about the former HC here when the topic is Miles. Perhaps the rhyming name has created confusion.

As to you wanting Miles to Baylor I didn't remember that. I'm absolutely sure he would have come here if Rhoades thought that was a good move for the program. I personally agreed with Rhoades on that. So have several ADs over the past couple of years including at G5s until now Long at KU. He is the guy who thought big name Bielima would be great at Ark. I was actually giving you credit for understanding that just because Miles did great succeeding Saban at Blue blood LSU doesn't translate to duplicating that at Baylor or anywhere else. But I mis judged you apparently.
I'm sure Miles cringes every time someone confuses him with Briles. There is no confusion among true football fans on who has the better reputation.

LSU dipped under Miles in Year 4 and 5 to 8-5 and 9-4 but then he put together 4 consecutive years of 10+ wins with his players.

Saban or Satan himself would struggle at Baylor to win 10 or 11 games. I think Patterson won 13 one year, 12 wins twice, 11 wins times and 10 wins twice.
If Baylor had hired Les Miles, we would not have lost the players we did in 16, and recruiting would not have fallen off. He had already demonstrated what he could do coming in behind Saban, He would have kept the program up and going here. Lost opportunity, and now look where we are.

Doubtful. That is not even close to being the same situation. Those players were already gone by the end of 16. And recruiting at LSU is waaaaaay different than recruiting at Baylor trying to rebuild after a major scandal.
They should have had Miles lined up before they announced Briles was fired. That would have held most of the recruits and players.
Just to clarify for you:

Les Miles was fired from LSU 4 weeks into the 2016 season. Briles was fired about 4 months earlier. It wouldn't have been possible to "line up" Miles in May of 2016. There were no coaches of quality available in May of 2016, which is why we had to go find a coach 2 years into his retirement.
There was plenty of talk about Miles being on the ropes at LSU before LSU fired him.
So you are saying that Les Miles would have bailed on LSU for the opportunity to join Baylor in the summer of scandal?? Really?? No chance in hell. Miles didn't want to leave LSU. If he had any thought that he would actually be leaving, he would have had a backup plan in place... which he obviously did not.
You guys are insane for thinking that Les Miles was an actual option for Baylor. It was never going to happen.
TexasScientist
ShooterTX said:

TexasScientist said:

ShooterTX said:

TexasScientist said:

Bear8084 said:

TexasScientist said:

Thee University said:

PartyBear said:

Thee University said:

Just to clarify for you:

So you are saying that Les Miles would have bailed on LSU for the opportunity to join Baylor in the summer of scandal?? Really?? No chance in hell. Miles didn't want to leave LSU. If he had any thought that he would actually be leaving, he would have had a backup plan in place... which he obviously did not.
You guys are insane for thinking that Les Miles was an actual option for Baylor. It was never going to happen.
All it takes is enough $$$.
ShooterTX
TexasScientist said:

ShooterTX said:

TexasScientist said:

ShooterTX said:

TexasScientist said:

Bear8084 said:

TexasScientist said:

Thee University said:

PartyBear said:

Thee University said:

Just to clarify for you:

Oh well... in that case, we should have gone after Nick Saban or Dabo or Urban Meyer!
LOL
It takes a lot more than money, when you just fired your President, AD and HC over a huge scandal which the NCAA hasn't even decided if they will investigate. Get real. Les Miles was not an option... and thank God for that! I still say that hiring him would have been a huge mistake.
Look... we were lucky to get Grobe to come out of retirement to oversee the ****storm for a year, and we were insanely lucky to get CMR to sign a multiyear contract when the NCAA sanctions Sword of Damocles was still hanging over us. You got to remember that when Rhule signed, we were still waiting for that next headline about the scandal to hit. There was a never ending roll out of new accusations, new lawsuits, new leaks about testimony.... get back to reality here for a minute. Why in hell would Les Miles leave LSU to take over Baylor, at the peak of the scandal?? Even when CMR signed with Baylor about 8 months later, people still thought it was potentially career suicide for him.
In May/June of 2016, Les Miles was never going to go to Baylor. It was never a remote possibility. Never.
TexasScientist
ShooterTX said:

TexasScientist said:

ShooterTX said:

TexasScientist said:

ShooterTX said:

TexasScientist said:

Bear8084 said:

TexasScientist said:

Thee University said:

PartyBear said:

Thee University said:

Just to clarify for you:

Oh well... in that case, we should have gone after Nick Saban or Dabo or Urban Meyer!
LOL
It takes a lot more than money, when you just fired your President, AD and HC over a huge scandal which the NCAA hasn't even decided if they will investigate. Get real. Les Miles was not an option... and thank God for that! I still say that hiring him would have been a huge mistake.
Look... we were lucky to get Grobe to come out of retirement to oversee the ****storm for a year, and we were insanely lucky to get CMR to sign a multiyear contract when the NCAA sanctions Sword of Damocles was still hanging over us. You got to remember that when Rhule signed, we were still waiting for that next headline about the scandal to hit. There was a never ending roll out of new accusations, new lawsuits, new leaks about testimony.... get back to reality here for a minute. Why in hell would Les Miles leave LSU to take over Baylor, at the peak of the scandal?? Even when CMR signed with Baylor about 8 months later, people still thought it was potentially career suicide for him.
In May/June of 2016, Les Miles was never going to go to Baylor. It was never a remote possibility. Never.
If you're right, all the more reason to have kept CAB.
boognish_bear

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.