Football
Sponsored by

Kansas to hire Les Miles

17,521 Views | 144 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by boognish_bear
Thee University
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Doc Holliday said:

Thee University said:

LiBeartarian said:

Thee University said:

PartyBear said:

He'll be doing that regardless as to who the other coaches are. I'm curious as to why yall are so enamored with Les Miles though. Congrats to Miles btw. I just dont get why some of you are acting like Kansas just hired hired someone like Briles or Leach. I have a feeling KU will be making a coaching change again in about 4 years. I think a young offense minded coach would have been better.
He's better than Briles and Leach!

141-55 as an NCAA head coach. That is .719. Briles and Leach are both .600 coaches.

National Championship coach in 2007 and runner up in 2011.

Good grief you are eat up with it.
LOL Thee. Briles inherited nothing here. Miles walked into a championship team and a school that values football. Your Briles hatred has poisoned you and eliminated any rational though.
Nothing?

I was not much of a Morriss fan either but Morriss had gotten some decent talent on board. I think there were 3 first round draft choices on campus when he got here.

As a former Baylor Bear the hate you mention is nothing more than supreme disappointment in Briles. A former player that left Baylor at the 10 win level already yet watched a carpetbagging coach with very little discipline use us and ABUSE us and left us wallowing in the sewer. He took us to the top but then allowed us to collapse like one of his bowl teams by not taking care of our name and the resources we provided him like no one before him.
Im going to let you in on a little secret.

It's not a coaches job to handle his players off the field.

It's a coaches job to win.
I'll let you in a little secret. Baylor is not the NFL.

The coach depends on his players to win.
The coach can't win if his players are not in uniform.
The coach, like it or not, is a window to the university.
The coach sets the tone of the team personality and attitude.
The coach, like it or not, is being paid to follow the mission statement of the university.
The coach chooses what kind of character to bring onto our campus.
The coach, earning $5M+, can afford to hire a "Ray Donovan" if he wants to play with dangerous players.
The coach got himself fired because he failed to DO HIS JOB!
The coach embarrassed himself and the University.

Shall I go on?
Bear8084
Thee University said:

Doc Holliday said:

Thee University said:

LiBeartarian said:

Thee University said:

PartyBear said:

He'll be doing that regardless as to who the other coaches are. I'm curious as to why yall are so enamored with Les Miles though. Congrats to Miles btw. I just dont get why some of you are acting like Kansas just hired hired someone like Briles or Leach. I have a feeling KU will be making a coaching change again in about 4 years. I think a young offense minded coach would have been better.

141-55 as an NCAA head coach. That is .719. Briles and Leach are both .600 coaches.

LOL Thee. Briles inherited nothing here. Miles walked into a championship team and a school that values football. Your Briles hatred has poisoned you and eliminated any rational though.
Nothing?

I was not much of a Morriss fan either but Morriss had gotten some decent talent on board. I think there were 3 first round draft choices on campus when he got here.

As a former Baylor Bear the hate you mention is nothing more than supreme disappointment in Briles. A former player that left Baylor at the 10 win level already yet watched a carpetbagging coach with very little discipline use us and ABUSE us and left us wallowing in the sewer. He took us to the top but then allowed us to collapse like one of his bowl teams by not taking care of our name and the resources we provided him like no one before him.

The coach, like it or not, is being paid to follow the mission statement of the university.
The coach, earning $5M+, can afford to hire a "Ray Donovan" if he wants to play with dangerous players.

Shall I go on?

Bingo. It should be a joint effort between the school and coach too.
Thee University
I have not even started on the non-existent Athletic Director!
xiledinok
Doc Holliday said:

Thee University said:

LiBeartarian said:

Thee University said:

PartyBear said:

Nothing?

Clueless. Just because Art was small town, doesn't take away his responsibility to keep his program under control.

I know large high schools that could have handled better than Shill.
xiledinok
Thee University said:

I have not even started on the non-existent Athletic Director!

You don't have to start on him. All you do is tell people he ended up at Liberty. Unless it is a TAPPS tailgate on Friday night, you'll get a negative reaction.
YoakDaddy
Thee University said:

Doc Holliday said:

Thee University said:

LiBeartarian said:

Thee University said:

PartyBear said:

Nothing?

Shall I go on?

Says the guy who defends rape enablers, ****-shamers, dildo salesman, bank cheat, and liars on our board and exec admin. You're a funny guy! Shall I go on?
xiledinok
YoakDaddy said:

Thee University said:

Doc Holliday said:

Thee University said:

LiBeartarian said:

Thee University said:

PartyBear said:

Nothing?

Shall I go on?

Says the guy who defends rape enablers, ****-shamers, dildo salesman, bank cheat, and liars on our board and exec admin. You're a funny guy! Shall I go on?

As long as he's not defending Briles. he's probably got more credibility anywhere other than the bubble Briles group.
If it all comes out, we might see more coaches and administrators (that means Ian) get show causes.
Chuckroast
YoakDaddy said:

Thee University said:

Doc Holliday said:

Thee University said:

LiBeartarian said:

Thee University said:

PartyBear said:

Nothing?

Shall I go on?

Good point. IMO, The BOR's window into the university paints a much worse picture than Briles's window ever did.
xiledinok
It's official.
Les is the new coach before the sermon starts.

Thayer Evans' story on Les' run at OSU leads me to believe Kansas will be shifting it's basketball cheating operations to football. I suggest you read it if you can get some free time.
Oklahoma State fans appreciate Miles but are glad he is not in Stillwater. Gundy kept the program from exploding. Gundy believes men are and should be responsible. He prevented a taxpayer clean up by preventing things getting out of control.
xiledinok
Chuckroast said:

YoakDaddy said:

Thee University said:

Doc Holliday said:

Thee University said:

LiBeartarian said:

Thee University said:

PartyBear said:

Nothing?

Shall I go on?

Good point. IMO, The BOR's window into the university paints a much worse picture than Briles's window ever did.

You guys still must be taking pictures with Kodak cameras.
The picture is pretty clear outside the feeding tube\bubble and it is why Art coaches in Italy. He ended up being associated with his mess like a registered sex offender does with his or hers.
TexasScientist
xiledinok said:

Chuckroast said:

YoakDaddy said:

Thee University said:

Doc Holliday said:

Thee University said:

LiBeartarian said:

Thee University said:

PartyBear said:

Nothing?

Shall I go on?

The picture is pretty clear outside the feeding tube\bubble and it is why Art coaches in Italy. He ended up being associated with his mess like a registered sex offender does with his or hers.
"His mess" lays at the feet of the administration and the BOR. You shouldn't hold a coach responsible for Title IX implementation. This mess extends beyond athletes and into the regular student body. It is a problem of the institution that the administration and BOR didn't want to admit existed at Baylor.
Bear8084
TexasScientist said:

xiledinok said:

Chuckroast said:

YoakDaddy said:

Thee University said:

Doc Holliday said:

Thee University said:

LiBeartarian said:

Thee University said:

PartyBear said:

Nothing?

Shall I go on?

"His mess" lays at the feet of the administration and the BOR. You shouldn't hold a coach responsible for Title IX implementation. This mess extends beyond athletes and into the regular student body. It is a problem of the institution that the administration and BOR didn't want to admit existed at Baylor.

Briles is not innocent just like the BOR isn't.
xiledinok
TexasScientist said:

xiledinok said:

Chuckroast said:

YoakDaddy said:

Thee University said:

Doc Holliday said:

Thee University said:

LiBeartarian said:

Thee University said:

PartyBear said:

Nothing?

Shall I go on?

I m not rehashing his failure to manage his responsibilities and the fact the BOR didn't manage at the top.
Show your balls and go after those individual regents. The dildo salesman moved on down the road.
Unfortunately, Art sxit on tv and was a universal turd. He burned business associations and didn't understand the history of the NCAA and tv.
TexasScientist
Bear8084 said:

TexasScientist said:

xiledinok said:

Chuckroast said:

YoakDaddy said:

Thee University said:

Doc Holliday said:

Thee University said:

LiBeartarian said:

Thee University said:

PartyBear said:

Nothing?

Shall I go on?

Then we should have done like any other school would do with this problem. Recognize and own the problem, take the necessary steps to correct the problem, establish the program and protocols necessary to implement Title IX, appropriately address and settle the legitimate grievances and move on. This was an institutional failure. Why throw the baby out with the bath water? The BOR panicked and deflected, pure and simple, and now we have a mess that will take years to overcome if ever.
Reverend
Thee's talents were God given and not earned. And like so many like him he thinks that made him smart. He's not. Not even close.
Thee University
YoakDaddy said:

Thee University said:

Doc Holliday said:

Thee University said:

LiBeartarian said:

Thee University said:

PartyBear said:

Nothing?

Shall I go on?

You can start by clarifying what you mean by defending. Who specifically have I defended on here?

Your savior did this to himself along with help from the do nothing AD. The last time I looked the BOR did not recruit, sign, coach and manage any players. The last time I looked the BOR are not the bosses of the head football coach. The last time I looked the BOR did not live in Waco and met together maybe 2 to 3 times per year.

Pull off your knee pads, stand up and face reality.
Thee University
Reverend said:

Thee's talents were God given and not earned. And like so many like him he thinks that made him smart. He's not. Not even close.
On this board, compared to most of you, I'm a Rhodes Scholar. It does not take much to be smart on 365. It takes a lot to be dumb though and some of you guys have a lot.

Chuckroast
TexasScientist said:

Bear8084 said:

TexasScientist said:

xiledinok said:

Chuckroast said:

YoakDaddy said:

Thee University said:

Doc Holliday said:

Thee University said:

LiBeartarian said:

Thee University said:

PartyBear said:

Nothing?

Shall I go on?

Then we should have done like any other school would do with this problem. Recognize and own the problem, take the necessary steps to correct the problem, establish the program and protocols necessary to implement Title IX, appropriately address and settle the legitimate grievances and move on. This was an institutional failure. Why throw the baby out with the bath water? The BOR panicked and deflected, pure and simple, and now we have a mess that will take years to overcome if ever.
Exactly, our BOR thought it was worth killing our program to try to deflect the mess solely onto Briles. They made Baylor so much worse all around.
boognish_bear
GoldenBear007
If Miles hire the right OC, look out!
TheAgentGrant
Thee University said:

YoakDaddy said:

Thee University said:

Doc Holliday said:

Thee University said:

LiBeartarian said:

Thee University said:

PartyBear said:

Nothing?

Shall I go on?

You can start by clarifying what you mean by defending. Who specifically have I defended on here?

Your savior did this to himself along with help from the do nothing AD. The last time I looked the BOR did not recruit, sign, coach and manage any players. The last time I looked the BOR are not the bosses of the head football coach. The last time I looked the BOR did not live in Waco and met together maybe 2 to 3 times per year.

Has racism written all over it, and it has been since 2014.
boognish_bear
GoldenBear007 said:

In 2016 when he was stumping for a gig he promised to bring in a Baylor-like offense. Obviously hiring KB would be about as close as he could get.

Not sure the B12 would smile on that....and not sure KB would want that. He may want to wait out Applewhite and see if he can take HC at UH.
TheAgentGrant
He's already been offered better jobs.
YoakDaddy
Thee University said:

YoakDaddy said:

Thee University said:

Doc Holliday said:

Thee University said:

LiBeartarian said:

Thee University said:

PartyBear said:

Nothing?

Shall I go on?

The last time I looked there was fault on both sides but only 1 side was scapegoated to draw the light off of systemic, University-wide failures that went on for several years. The last time I looked we had execs in admin ****-shaming co-eds because they had too much to drink. The last time I looked a regent's company sold dildos, anal beads, and other sex toys. The last time I looked that same regent changed his name. What was he avoiding...the law? the bank? The last time I looked a regent was alleged to have stated some highly racist and crude things about our students and student athletes as evidenced in affidavits from 2 different external parties. The last time I looked we had a regent who screwed us all as taxpayers to bailout his failed bank. Don't get me started on others who have donated money as absolution for their professional sins. The last time I looked our regents were the farthest thing from being able to proclaim a Christian Mission. The last time I looked none of them had the gotdam common decency to accept accountability.

I can keep going if you want. It's all found on google, but you're too blinded by sycophantic adoration of those in position to realize their failures had everything to do with the university's failures.
TheAgentGrant
Well said South Texas....
ShooterTX
GoldenBear007 said:

I hope he will hire away Nixon! That would be AWESOME!!

If he hires away McGuire, I'm gonna throw up in Rhules smock!
TexasScientist
YoakDaddy said:

Thee University said:

YoakDaddy said:

Thee University said:

Doc Holliday said:

Thee University said:

LiBeartarian said:

Thee University said:

PartyBear said:

Nothing?

Shall I go on?

The last time I looked there was fault on both sides but only 1 side was scapegoated to draw the light off of systemic, University-wide failures that went on for several years. The last time I looked we had execs in admin ****-shaming co-eds because they had too much to drink. The last time I looked a regent's company sold dildos, anal beads, and other sex toys. The last time I looked that same regent changed his name. What was he avoiding...the law? the bank? The last time I looked a regent was alleged to have stated some highly racist and crude things about our students and student athletes as evidenced in affidavits from 2 different external parties. The last time I looked we had a regent who screwed us all as taxpayers to bailout his failed bank. Don't get me started on others who have donated money as absolution for their professional sins. The last time I looked our regents were the farthest thing from being able to proclaim a Christian Mission. The last time I looked none of them had the gotdam common decency to accept accountability.

I can keep going if you want. It's all found on google, but you're too blinded by sycophantic adoration of those in position to realize their failures had everything to do with the university's failures.
Several regents have a history of white collar crime.
xiledinok
Les Miles used to tell his guys, "academics #1" while holding up two fingers and then saying "football #2" while holding up one finger.

Let the Les Miles stories begin. It will be a even better if he makes a few controversial hires.
xiledinok
TexasScientist said:

YoakDaddy said:

Thee University said:

YoakDaddy said:

Thee University said:

Doc Holliday said:

Thee University said:

LiBeartarian said:

Thee University said:

PartyBear said:

Nothing?

Shall I go on?

What crimes did they commit?

Did they conceal crimes like the former regime?
Golden Helmet
He couldn't win with the best talent in the country....

He'll bomb.
YoakDaddy
TexasScientist said:

YoakDaddy said:

Thee University said:

YoakDaddy said:

Thee University said:

Doc Holliday said:

Thee University said:

LiBeartarian said:

Thee University said:

PartyBear said:

Nothing?

Shall I go on?

I don't know about crimes and not implying that at all. We do have some that should not be relying on "Christian Mission" as their message.
Wichitabear
Well as always we have regressed Looks like Miles has been officially hired to be the Kansas coach. Congrats to them and wish them well but not too well. Lol
TexasScientist
xiledinok said:

TexasScientist said:

YoakDaddy said:

Thee University said:

YoakDaddy said:

Thee University said:

Doc Holliday said:

Thee University said:

LiBeartarian said:

Thee University said:

PartyBear said:

Nothing?

Shall I go on?

It's public record if you want to go far enough back an look it up.
xiledinok
TexasScientist said:

xiledinok said:

TexasScientist said:

YoakDaddy said:

Thee University said:

YoakDaddy said:

Thee University said:

Doc Holliday said:

Thee University said:

LiBeartarian said:

Thee University said:

PartyBear said:

Nothing?

Shall I go on?

Which ones? Did they write a bogus check or two when they were 25 years old? Rob a 7-11 with the Houston Cougar booster club? Embezzle millions from Enron? Did they conceal a crime? Commit forgery with one of mama or papa's checks, get caught and end up in a teen court?
TexasScientist
xiledinok said:

TexasScientist said:

xiledinok said:

TexasScientist said:

YoakDaddy said:

Thee University said:

YoakDaddy said:

Thee University said:

Doc Holliday said:

Thee University said:

LiBeartarian said:

Thee University said:

PartyBear said:

Nothing?

Shall I go on?

Which ones? Did they write a bogus check or two when they were 25 years old? Rob a 7-11 with the Houston Cougar booster club? Embezzle millions from Enron? Did they conceal a crime? Commit forgery with one of mama or papa's checks, get caught and end up in a teen court?
LOL -- Adulthood, not childhood. You're getting warm on some of your questions.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.