Football
Sponsored by

Kansas to hire Les Miles

17,194 Views | 144 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by boognish_bear
PartyBear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
And Leached walked into the Palouse where WSU won 9 games the previous 4 years and is the hardest place to win in P5 and harder than a lot of G5's for that matter, and now has WSU in the top 10 and a PAC title contender with a bunch of 2*s and 3 players above a 3*. Suffice it to say Miles probably would have accomplished nothing close to that there.
TexasScientist
Grizz Air said:

I wanted BU to hire Miles in 2016. now that we have Rhule I think we got a better deal (even for $330k/game) but I still think KU just got a huge hire. The dude knows how to win and just made sure it aint getting easier to win in this conference. He will get Kansas at least to the point where they are no longer an automatic L. And that is saying a lot.
I was also one that wanted BU to go after Miles in 16. He may not be Saban, but he brings imeadiate credibility with recruits, and considering what he was able to do in the SEC, he should be more than competive in the B12. What Rhule can do is yet to be determined. As it stand now, he would have been a better choice for BU than CMR.
PartyBear
It would have been Baylor's Tuberville move in all probability and probably will be like that for KU as well but with less talent. Big name and former big stage doesn't mean great hire.
contrario
Time will only tell how this coaching decision works out. KU will not be able to get the players LSU got, but KU has no aspirations of winning NC's immediately either. The fact is 7 of the 11 full seasons he coached at LSU were 10-win seasons. You could probably give Saban's recruits credit for the NC, but Les still put together impressive teams after that and kept LSU competitive in arguable the toughest division in college football.

None of that guarantees success at KU, and with his age, he will likely want to retire before he KU gets to a competitive level again. But he could get them to a level where they are playing in bowl games and pass the program to the next guy in a better shape than it is now. Many forget that Les took over an OSU program that was floundering, at best, and made them respectable. OSU is easier to draw Texas recruits, but if Mangino could be successful at KU, I don't see why Les couldn't have some success. Time will tell.
xiledinok
Les has more support on this board than he has at OSU or LSU?
Very good coach but sleazy and definitely couldn't pass up the guaranteed money and zero pressure.
Reverend
xiledinok said:

Very good coach but sleazy and definitely couldn't pass up the guaranteed money and zero pressure.
You sure seem to be an expert on sleazy.
xiledinok
Reverend said:

xiledinok said:

I recognize it better than you.
DTBear
Reverend
xiledinok said:

Reverend said:

xiledinok said:

You're a real tough anonymous internet warrior.
xiledinok
Reverend said:

xiledinok said:

Reverend said:

xiledinok said:

Did me posting about sleazy upset you?
Reverend
xiledinok said:

Reverend said:

xiledinok said:

Reverend said:

xiledinok said:

Anonymous sucker punchers upset me.
xiledinok
Reverend said:

xiledinok said:

Reverend said:

xiledinok said:

Reverend said:

xiledinok said:

Drink on brother! Did it bother you? It was describing Les Miles.
Reverend
xiledinok said:

Reverend said:

xiledinok said:

Reverend said:

xiledinok said:

Reverend said:

xiledinok said:

JLes has more support on this board than he has at OSU or LSU?

Keep punching, puss. Les Miles is just your latest target.
applemacg4
Miles' career speaks for itself. However, whether or not his style of football can succeed at Kansas, or in the Big 12 for that matter, remains to be seen.

Mangino had Kansas playing at a high level. Heck, I remember Baylor having a good run too. Things happen.
xiledinok
Reverend said:

xiledinok said:

Reverend said:

xiledinok said:

Reverend said:

xiledinok said:

Reverend said:

xiledinok said:

JLes has more support on this board than he has at OSU or LSU?

Definitely better at keeping up with sleaze in my area, which you probably do not have any interest.
The Sports Illustrated lawsuits claiming damages by inaccurate information and lies were dismissed. Sports Illustrated used truth as a defense.
The author of piece is a local guy too. He seemed to really get Miles time aired out there. He had to watch his ass in the area because people couldn't handle the fact he did his job.

The Rams OC was intriguing but he will get an NFL job and won't have to deal with fans and boosters.

Reverend
xiledinok said:

Reverend said:

xiledinok said:

Reverend said:

xiledinok said:

Reverend said:

xiledinok said:

Reverend said:

xiledinok said:

NJLes has more support on this board than he has at OSU or LSU?

Definitely better at keeping up with sleaze in my area, which you probably do not have any interest.
The Sports Illustrated lawsuits claiming damages by inaccurate information and lies were dismissed. Sports Illustrated used truth as a defense.
The author of piece is a local guy too. He seemed to really get Miles time aired out there. He had to watch his ass in the area because people couldn't handle the fact he did his job.

You obviously enjoy your hobby.
xiledinok
Reverend said:

xiledinok said:

Reverend said:

xiledinok said:

Reverend said:

xiledinok said:

Reverend said:

xiledinok said:

Reverend said:

xiledinok said:

NJLes has more support on this board than he has at OSU or LSU?

Not really a hobby just easy to spot
Reverend
xiledinok said:

Reverend said:

xiledinok said:

Reverend said:

xiledinok said:

Reverend said:

xiledinok said:

Reverend said:

xiledinok said:

Reverend said:

xiledinok said:

GNJLes has more support on this board than he has at OSU or LSU?

I doubt you can spot things better than anyone else. You just like trashing people.
xiledinok
Reverend said:

xiledinok said:

Reverend said:

xiledinok said:

Reverend said:

xiledinok said:

Reverend said:

xiledinok said:

Reverend said:

xiledinok said:

Reverend said:

xiledinok said:

I doubt you can spot things better than anyone else. You just like trashing people.

Go read the Sports Illustrated story it speaks for itself. Gundy kicked off 12 guys the first year. It cost him those important wins but gained him respect. Do you have a problem with me posting about sleazy and sleaze? I hope to get an answer before I begin my day not thinking about today's contest.
Reverend
xiledinok said:

Reverend said:

xiledinok said:

Reverend said:

xiledinok said:

Reverend said:

xiledinok said:

Reverend said:

xiledinok said:

Reverend said:

xiledinok said:

Reverend said:

xiledinok said:

Go read the Sports Illustrated story it speaks for itself. Gundy kicked off 12 guys the first year. It cost him those important wins but gained him respect. Do you have a problem with me posting about sleazy and sleaze? I hope to get an answer before I begin my day not thinking about today's contest.
I do have a problem. It's all you do (other than post nonsense which no one can understand). Maybe you just need to meet personally with everyone you trash and straighten them out.
Grumpy
But does he have to resign as the grounds crew supervisor in Fansville? So sad, if so!
xiledinok
Reverend said:

xiledinok said:

Reverend said:

xiledinok said:

Reverend said:

xiledinok said:

Reverend said:

xiledinok said:

Reverend said:

xiledinok said:

Reverend said:

xiledinok said:

Reverend said:

xiledinok said:

I do have a problem. It's all you do (other than post nonsense which no one can understand). Maybe you just need to meet personally with everyone you trash and straighten them out.

Ignore buttons do wonders.
BUGWBBear
They could do far worse. Like hire Matt Rhule.
Robert Wilson
Miles should install either a sledgehammer running game or the triple option. B12 defenses with light LBs who play more like DBs would have no idea what to do. Get the best FBs and option QB in the country (or 2nd, if Paul Johnson gets the 1st). Get a major TB by saying he'll get 25 touches per game. Limit the opposing offense to about 6 possessions per game. Hire a great DC in part by telling him you'll be running this type of offense. Would be interesting. Miles has no offensive philosophy anyway, so why not.
TexasScientist
KU hiring Miles puts BU one step closer to being a B12 perennial door mat.
Wichitabear
It doesn't matter. Those Kansas kids are excited. A little pep in their step tonight. They may lose this game but they are playing like they think they can win Just saying
EatMoreSalmon
KU's new theme song:
Bear8084
TexasScientist said:

Not really. Nice hot take though.
TexasScientist
Bear8084 said:

TexasScientist said:

Say what you want, but I'd wager Miles teams will regularly thump CMR's teams.
YoakDaddy
TexasScientist said:

Bear8084 said:

TexasScientist said:

Say what you want, but I'd wager Miles teams will regularly thump CMR's teams.

I'd tend to agree based on Miles' LSU record, but CMR will be long gone before Miles gets KU back up.
Thee University
LiBeartarian said:

Thee University said:

PartyBear said:

He'll be doing that regardless as to who the other coaches are. I'm curious as to why yall are so enamored with Les Miles though. Congrats to Miles btw. I just dont get why some of you are acting like Kansas just hired hired someone like Briles or Leach. I have a feeling KU will be making a coaching change again in about 4 years. I think a young offense minded coach would have been better.
He's better than Briles and Leach!

141-55 as an NCAA head coach. That is .719. Briles and Leach are both .600 coaches.

National Championship coach in 2007 and runner up in 2011.

Good grief you are eat up with it.
LOL Thee. Briles inherited nothing here. Miles walked into a championship team and a school that values football. Your Briles hatred has poisoned you and eliminated any rational though.
Nothing?

I was not much of a Morriss fan either but Morriss had gotten some decent talent on board. I think there were 3 first round draft choices on campus when he got here.

As a former Baylor Bear the hate you mention is nothing more than supreme disappointment in Briles. A former player that left Baylor at the 10 win level already yet watched a carpetbagging coach with very little discipline use us and ABUSE us and left us wallowing in the sewer. He took us to the top but then allowed us to collapse like one of his bowl teams by not taking care of our name and the resources we provided him like no one before him.
Thee University
PartyBear said:

Thee University said:

Almost forgot.......eat up with either the dumb@$$ or the bust your kneecaps for Briles delusional funk.

Yet you are the one who keeps talking about the former HC here when the topic is Miles. Perhaps the rhyming name has created confusion.

As to you wanting Miles to Baylor I didn't remember that. I'm absolutely sure he would have come here if Rhoades thought that was a good move for the program. I personally agreed with Rhoades on that. So have several ADs over the past couple of years including at G5s until now Long at KU. He is the guy who thought big name Bielima would be great at Ark. I was actually giving you credit for understanding that just because Miles did great succeeding Saban at Blue blood LSU doesn't translate to duplicating that at Baylor or anywhere else. But I mis judged you apparently.
I'm sure Miles cringes every time someone confuses him with Briles. There is no confusion among true football fans on who has the better reputation.

LSU dipped under Miles in Year 4 and 5 to 8-5 and 9-4 but then he put together 4 consecutive years of 10+ wins with his players.

Saban or Satan himself would struggle at Baylor to win 10 or 11 games. I think Patterson won 13 one year, 12 wins twice, 11 wins times and 10 wins twice.
Doc Holliday
Thee University said:

LiBeartarian said:

Thee University said:

PartyBear said:

He'll be doing that regardless as to who the other coaches are. I'm curious as to why yall are so enamored with Les Miles though. Congrats to Miles btw. I just dont get why some of you are acting like Kansas just hired hired someone like Briles or Leach. I have a feeling KU will be making a coaching change again in about 4 years. I think a young offense minded coach would have been better.

141-55 as an NCAA head coach. That is .719. Briles and Leach are both .600 coaches.

LOL Thee. Briles inherited nothing here. Miles walked into a championship team and a school that values football. Your Briles hatred has poisoned you and eliminated any rational though.
Nothing?

I was not much of a Morriss fan either but Morriss had gotten some decent talent on board. I think there were 3 first round draft choices on campus when he got here.

As a former Baylor Bear the hate you mention is nothing more than supreme disappointment in Briles. A former player that left Baylor at the 10 win level already yet watched a carpetbagging coach with very little discipline use us and ABUSE us and left us wallowing in the sewer. He took us to the top but then allowed us to collapse like one of his bowl teams by not taking care of our name and the resources we provided him like no one before him.
Im going to let you in on a little secret.

It's not a coaches job to handle his players off the field.

It's a coaches job to win.
"Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence." ~ John Adams
Bear8084
Doc Holliday said:

Thee University said:

LiBeartarian said:

Thee University said:

PartyBear said:

Nothing?

Wrong. That terrible mindset is what got us in this mess in the first place. You better believe it's part of the coaches job to make sure his players are on the up and up on and off the field. Teaff used to show up at house parties to yank his players away and a bunch of these high profile coaches have some kind of honor code. Player discipline is part of the job.
Doc Holliday
Bear8084 said:

Doc Holliday said:

Thee University said:

LiBeartarian said:

Thee University said:

PartyBear said:

Nothing?

Wrong. That terrible mindset is what got us in this mess in the first place. You better believe it's part of the coaches job to make sure his players are on the up and up on and off the field. Teaff used to show up at house parties to yank his players away and a bunch of these high profile coaches have some kind of honor code. Player discipline is part of the job.
I disagree.

These are adults and they need to be held accountable for their own actions.

It's the job of the university apart from the coach to wield their power and make the calls and judgments. If they don't like what they see on the team...they take action against the player.

It's really that simple.
"Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence." ~ John Adams

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.