Football
Sponsored by

Kansas to hire Les Miles

17,185 Views | 144 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by boognish_bear
xiledinok
How long do you want to ignore this user?
TexasScientist said:

xiledinok said:

TexasScientist said:

xiledinok said:

TexasScientist said:

YoakDaddy said:

Thee University said:

YoakDaddy said:

Thee University said:

Doc Holliday said:

Thee University said:

LiBeartarian said:

Thee University said:

PartyBear said:

He'll be doing that regardless as to who the other coaches are. I'm curious as to why yall are so enamored with Les Miles though. Congrats to Miles btw. I just dont get why some of you are acting like Kansas just hired hired someone like Briles or Leach. I have a feeling KU will be making a coaching change again in about 4 years. I think a young offense minded coach would have been better.
He's better than Briles and Leach!

141-55 as an NCAA head coach. That is .719. Briles and Leach are both .600 coaches.

National Championship coach in 2007 and runner up in 2011.

Good grief you are eat up with it.
LOL Thee. Briles inherited nothing here. Miles walked into a championship team and a school that values football. Your Briles hatred has poisoned you and eliminated any rational though.
Nothing?

I was not much of a Morriss fan either but Morriss had gotten some decent talent on board. I think there were 3 first round draft choices on campus when he got here.

As a former Baylor Bear the hate you mention is nothing more than supreme disappointment in Briles. A former player that left Baylor at the 10 win level already yet watched a carpetbagging coach with very little discipline use us and ABUSE us and left us wallowing in the sewer. He took us to the top but then allowed us to collapse like one of his bowl teams by not taking care of our name and the resources we provided him like no one before him.
Im going to let you in on a little secret.

It's not a coaches job to handle his players off the field.

It's a coaches job to win.
I'll let you in a little secret. Baylor is not the NFL.

The coach depends on his players to win.
The coach can't win if his players are not in uniform.
The coach, like it or not, is a window to the university.
The coach sets the tone of the team personality and attitude.
The coach, like it or not, is being paid to follow the mission statement of the university.
The coach chooses what kind of character to bring onto our campus.
The coach, earning $5M+, can afford to hire a "Ray Donovan" if he wants to play with dangerous players.
The coach got himself fired because he failed to DO HIS JOB!
The coach embarrassed himself and the University.

Shall I go on?

Says the guy who defends rape enablers, ****-shamers, dildo salesman, bank cheat, and liars on our board and exec admin. You're a funny guy! Shall I go on?
You can start by clarifying what you mean by defending. Who specifically have I defended on here?

Your savior did this to himself along with help from the do nothing AD. The last time I looked the BOR did not recruit, sign, coach and manage any players. The last time I looked the BOR are not the bosses of the head football coach. The last time I looked the BOR did not live in Waco and met together maybe 2 to 3 times per year.

Pull off your knee pads, stand up and face reality.

The last time I looked there was fault on both sides but only 1 side was scapegoated to draw the light off of systemic, University-wide failures that went on for several years. The last time I looked we had execs in admin ****-shaming co-eds because they had too much to drink. The last time I looked a regent's company sold dildos, anal beads, and other sex toys. The last time I looked that same regent changed his name. What was he avoiding...the law? the bank? The last time I looked a regent was alleged to have stated some highly racist and crude things about our students and student athletes as evidenced in affidavits from 2 different external parties. The last time I looked we had a regent who screwed us all as taxpayers to bailout his failed bank. Don't get me started on others who have donated money as absolution for their professional sins. The last time I looked our regents were the farthest thing from being able to proclaim a Christian Mission. The last time I looked none of them had the gotdam common decency to accept accountability.

I can keep going if you want. It's all found on google, but you're too blinded by sycophantic adoration of those in position to realize their failures had everything to do with the university's failures.
Several regents have a history of white collar crime.

What crimes did they commit?

Did they conceal crimes like the former regime?
It's public record if you want to go far enough back an look it up.
Which ones? Did they write a bogus check or two when they were 25 years old? Rob a 7-11 with the Houston Cougar booster club? Embezzle millions from Enron? Did they conceal a crime? Commit forgery with one of mama or papa's checks, get caught and end up in a teen court?
LOL -- Adulthood, not childhood. Your getting warm on some of your questions.

Robbery, embezzlement, forgery and bogus checks are adult crimes.
You are a scientist, show us the results of your search.
Did one buy a ***** and get caught?

Baby Briles' DUI was dug up from Richmond, Texas. I m curious because we had Briles' regent supporter who didn't know Dick dealt dildos and he was on the board.

I have no doubt that Baby Briles and company are floating his name for Les Miles.
I ve never seen such Les Miles love and I can be pissing on Boone Pickens' 50 yard line in about an hour.
TheAgentGrant
xiledinok
TheAgentGrant said:

Ha Ha I no personally he's not.
After watching them get booed off the field at half against Temple, I am not sure any Power 5 non dirtball program would bite.
You would have thought the Macho Man had crushed Hulk Hogan's head jumping off the top rope listening to those boos of pain.
TheAgentGrant
xiledinok said:

TheAgentGrant said:

After watching them get booed off the field at half against Temple, I am not sure any Power 5 non dirtball program would bite.
You would have thought the Macho Man had crushed Hulk Hogan's head jumping off the top rope listening to those boos of pain.
I hate to tell you, but that's not the case.
xiledinok
TheAgentGrant said:

xiledinok said:

TheAgentGrant said:

It sounded like WWE fans. I turned the tv up to the point the glass breaks about
set themselves off.

Perhaps, you could tell us what year you lettered at Baylor?
Was it before or after you got your SAG card?
Also, does Staley still day drink like when she outed herself on the board a few years ago?
TheAgentGrant
xiledinok said:

TheAgentGrant said:

xiledinok said:

It sounded like WWE fans. I turned the tv up to the point the glass breaks about
set themselves off.

Also, does Staley still day drink like when she outed herself on the board a few years ago?

xiledinok
TheAgentGrant said:

xiledinok said:

TheAgentGrant said:

xiledinok said:

TheAgentGrant said:

set themselves off.

I don't know Staley.
Well, I would let Nobsu give you the true background but we have an empty seat at the table this Thanksgiving.
Did you letter? Yes or no.
TheAgentGrant
xiledinok said:

TheAgentGrant said:

xiledinok said:

TheAgentGrant said:

xiledinok said:

TheAgentGrant said:

set themselves off.

I don't know Staley.
Well, I would let Nobsu give you the true background but we have an empty seat at the table this Thanksgiving.

xiledinok
TheAgentGrant said:

xiledinok said:

TheAgentGrant said:

xiledinok said:

TheAgentGrant said:

xiledinok said:

TheAgentGrant said:

set themselves off.

I don't know Staley.

Why is that so important for me to qualify?
Were you ever drunk after you graduated from law school? Why is that relevant?
Well, I think I'll rest.
TheAgentGrant
xiledinok said:

TheAgentGrant said:

xiledinok said:

TheAgentGrant said:

xiledinok said:

TheAgentGrant said:

xiledinok said:

TheAgentGrant said:

set themselves off.

I don't know Staley.

Well, I think I'll rest.

RegentCoverup
Thee University said:

I have not even started on the non-existent Athletic Director!
True story, I hadn't been to Waco for at least three years and was invited to see the new practice facility.

While on the tour, I asked my gracious guide, "How often does Ian come over?"

My friend looked me dead in the eye and said, "I've never seen him here."

There is your oversight.
TheAgentGrant
TellMeYouLoveMe said:

Thee University said:

True story, I hadn't been to Waco for at least three years and was invited to see the new practice facility.

There is your oversight.

Amazing.
TheAgentGrant
xiledinok said:

TheAgentGrant said:

xiledinok said:

TheAgentGrant said:

xiledinok said:

TheAgentGrant said:

xiledinok said:

TheAgentGrant said:

set themselves off.

I don't know Staley.

Well, I think I'll rest.
Your intel is incorrect.
xiledinok
TheAgentGrant said:

xiledinok said:

TheAgentGrant said:

xiledinok said:

TheAgentGrant said:

xiledinok said:

TheAgentGrant said:

xiledinok said:

TheAgentGrant said:

set themselves off.

I don't know Staley.

Well, I think I'll rest.
Your intel is incorrect.

My intel on what?
Timbear
If Les Miles brings in a spread, up tempo OC, and leaves him alone, he'll kick Snow's D off the field.
Squatch Hunter
I love Miles' quirky personality, but he underachieved (especially on offense) at LSU with NFL talent that will never come to KU. 4 years from now they will have another coach.
boognish_bear
Squatch Hunter said:

I love Miles' quirky personality, but he underachieved (especially on offense) at LSU with NFL talent that will never come to KU. 4 years from now they will have another coach.

I'm very interested to see how much of an uptick they see....if any....this year in recruiting.

Here are their recruiting rankings last three years according to 247:

2018 61st
2017 71st
2016 70th

There is still a long way to go for 2019....but he's got his work cut out for him

Thee University
TellMeYouLoveMe said:

Thee University said:

There is your oversight.
We should have installed an ice rink.
xiledinok
Thee University said:

TellMeYouLoveMe said:

Thee University said:

There is your oversight.
We should have installed an ice rink.

We could have hosted TAPPS' Ice Capade Competition with Ian's leadership and vision.
boognish_bear
Awkward moment is....um....well....um....yeah...um...awkward

TexasScientist
YoakDaddy said:

TexasScientist said:

Bear8084 said:

TexasScientist said:

KU hiring Miles puts BU one step closer to being a B12 perennial door mat.

Not really. Nice hot take though.
Say what you want, but I'd wager Miles teams will regularly thump CMR's teams.

I'd tend to agree based on Miles' LSU record, but CMR will be long gone before Miles gets KU back up.
You're optimistic.
TexasScientist
Thee University said:

PartyBear said:

Thee University said:

Almost forgot.......eat up with either the dumb@$$ or the bust your kneecaps for Briles delusional funk.

Yet you are the one who keeps talking about the former HC here when the topic is Miles. Perhaps the rhyming name has created confusion.

As to you wanting Miles to Baylor I didn't remember that. I'm absolutely sure he would have come here if Rhoades thought that was a good move for the program. I personally agreed with Rhoades on that. So have several ADs over the past couple of years including at G5s until now Long at KU. He is the guy who thought big name Bielima would be great at Ark. I was actually giving you credit for understanding that just because Miles did great succeeding Saban at Blue blood LSU doesn't translate to duplicating that at Baylor or anywhere else. But I mis judged you apparently.
I'm sure Miles cringes every time someone confuses him with Briles. There is no confusion among true football fans on who has the better reputation.

LSU dipped under Miles in Year 4 and 5 to 8-5 and 9-4 but then he put together 4 consecutive years of 10+ wins with his players.

Saban or Satan himself would struggle at Baylor to win 10 or 11 games. I think Patterson won 13 one year, 12 wins twice, 11 wins times and 10 wins twice.
If Baylor had hired Les Miles, we would not have lost the players we did in 16, and recruiting would not have fallen off. He had already demonstrated what he could do coming in behind Saban, He would have kept the program up and going here. Lost opportunity, and now look where we are.
Bear8084
TexasScientist said:

Thee University said:

PartyBear said:

Thee University said:

Almost forgot.......eat up with either the dumb@$$ or the bust your kneecaps for Briles delusional funk.

Yet you are the one who keeps talking about the former HC here when the topic is Miles. Perhaps the rhyming name has created confusion.

As to you wanting Miles to Baylor I didn't remember that. I'm absolutely sure he would have come here if Rhoades thought that was a good move for the program. I personally agreed with Rhoades on that. So have several ADs over the past couple of years including at G5s until now Long at KU. He is the guy who thought big name Bielima would be great at Ark. I was actually giving you credit for understanding that just because Miles did great succeeding Saban at Blue blood LSU doesn't translate to duplicating that at Baylor or anywhere else. But I mis judged you apparently.
I'm sure Miles cringes every time someone confuses him with Briles. There is no confusion among true football fans on who has the better reputation.

LSU dipped under Miles in Year 4 and 5 to 8-5 and 9-4 but then he put together 4 consecutive years of 10+ wins with his players.

Saban or Satan himself would struggle at Baylor to win 10 or 11 games. I think Patterson won 13 one year, 12 wins twice, 11 wins times and 10 wins twice.
If Baylor had hired Les Miles, we would not have lost the players we did in 16, and recruiting would not have fallen off. He had already demonstrated what he could do coming in behind Saban, He would have kept the program up and going here. Lost opportunity, and now look where we are.

Doubtful. That is not even close to being the same situation. Those players were already gone by the end of 16. And recruiting at LSU is waaaaaay different than recruiting at Baylor trying to rebuild after a major scandal.
YoakDaddy
TexasScientist said:

YoakDaddy said:

TexasScientist said:

Bear8084 said:

TexasScientist said:

KU hiring Miles puts BU one step closer to being a B12 perennial door mat.

Not really. Nice hot take though.
Say what you want, but I'd wager Miles teams will regularly thump CMR's teams.

I'd tend to agree based on Miles' LSU record, but CMR will be long gone before Miles gets KU back up.
You're optimistic.

Yeah....I figure it'll take Miles 4 years to get them back up due to scholarships, recruiting inroads, losses after this season on defense and CMR would be in year 6 if he stayed....but Penn State and an NFL gig would've opened before then. Just a prognostication.....
TexasScientist
Bear8084 said:

TexasScientist said:

Thee University said:

PartyBear said:

Thee University said:

Doubtful. That is not even close to being the same situation. Those players were already gone by the end of 16. And recruiting at LSU is waaaaaay different than recruiting at Baylor trying to rebuild after a major scandal.
They should have had Miles lined up before they announced Briles was fired. That would have held most of the recruits and players.
ShooterTX
TexasScientist said:

Thee University said:

PartyBear said:

Thee University said:

Baylor lost those players long before we announced the hire of CMR. In fact, I think we lost most of them before Les Miles lost his job at LSU. In fact... I think we were down to 1 recruit by the time Jim Grobe was anounced, and he wasn't able to keep the 7+ freshmen from leaving either.
Les Miles would have had to start from zero, just like CMR.
Bear8084
TexasScientist said:

Bear8084 said:

TexasScientist said:

Thee University said:

PartyBear said:

Thee University said:

They should have had Miles lined up before they announced Briles was fired. That would have held most of the recruits and players.

Lined up from where? He was still at LSU for the 2016 season. Baylor sure wasn't in the position to hire him away from LSU at that time.
ShooterTX
TexasScientist said:

Bear8084 said:

TexasScientist said:

Thee University said:

PartyBear said:

Thee University said:

Just to clarify for you:

Les Miles was fired from LSU 4 weeks into the 2016 season. Briles was fired about 4 months earlier. It wouldn't have been possible to "line up" Miles in May of 2016. There were no coaches of quality available in May of 2016, which is why we had to go find a coach 2 years into his retirement.
xiledinok
They weren't hiring another coach like Briles who used a school as a hole and left the school major problems to the point the new head coach had to discard players off to a live a life of mediocrity.

Les used OSU as a hole and Gundy had to clean it up after he left. These problems aren't like what a coach faces at a TAPPS school, where the coach\principal just calls their parents, pulls the child's pants down and spanks them like a child needing gay conversion treatment.

Could Baylor at least not make another mistake and learn from their athletic problems in the past?
TheAgentGrant
Briles Briles Briles....I went to the grocery store. Oh ya? Briles Briles Briles. You want to go grab a burger? Briles Briles Briles. Dude you need to get a life. Oh ya? Baby Briles, Staley and baby Briles again. You're a miserable person.
xiledinok
TheAgentGrant said:

Briles Briles Briles....I went to the grocery store. Oh ya? Briles Briles Briles. You want to go grab a burger? Briles Briles Briles. Dude you need to get a life. Oh ya? Baby Briles, Staley and baby Briles again. You're a miserable person.

Les Miles used Oklahoma State like a hole. Briles used Baylor as a hole. Unless Baylor people like being used like a hole, I m suggesting we avoid Les Miles.
Miserable would be trying to rewrite history after getting used like a hole.
TheAgentGrant
xiledinok said:

TheAgentGrant said:

Les Miles used Oklahoma State like a hole. Briles used Baylor as a hole. Unless Baylor people like being used like a hole, I m suggesting we avoid Les Miles.

Who cares? That's not our problem. Let em' They are gowups. If they want to get used that is their decision.
xiledinok
TheAgentGrant said:

xiledinok said:

TheAgentGrant said:

Who cares? That's not our problem. Let em' They are gowups. If they want to get used that is their decision.

Well, then those who use schools like holes should not cry when they get banned and humiliated the rest of their careers.
I pay taxes and I don't appreciate a state school getting ****ed while using my tax dollars. What can kind of chicken sxit operation needs to put morality clauses in coaching contracts?
TheAgentGrant
X seriously....How much have you put away today? That made no sense whatsoever.
boognish_bear

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.